SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 11-30-2011, 01:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

Red face I Noticed That, Too

Thanks for looking into this.

I have already removed the GKusnick-STVIConfig STVi and any other related STVi's after reviewing the txt file.

The Phoenix seems to be working well, but I will take a look. I would hate to loose that since I really like the Phoenix look and artwork (but not everything has artwork--which can generate error messages related to the inability to retrieve artwork).

I'll try again, tonight.

Last edited by doncote0; 11-30-2011 at 01:23 PM.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:08 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by doncote0 View Post
The Phoenix seems to be working well, but I will take a look. I would hate to loose that since I really like the Phoenix look and artwork (but not everything has artwork--which can generate error messages related to the inability to retrieve artwork).
Seeing as you're using 7.1 you could try disabling the Phoenix Fanart for V7 plugin and installing the Phoenix Fanart (1.0.8) plugin. It's the version that is being maintained and fixes some issues with fanart in SageTV 7.1

John
Old 11-30-2011, 04:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I'll try again, tonight.
Can you post the logfile from the server as well as for the client?

Thanks,

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:33 AM
Sage Aficionado

Talking Can Now Set Restricted Time

Quote:
I have already removed the GKusnick-STVIConfig STVi and any other related STVi's after reviewing the txt file.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post

Thanks,

Tom
I can do that Tom, but the problem is now gone. It was related to the GKusnick STVi (and related STVi's) issue.
Old 12-02-2011, 04:23 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thumbs up Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
Seeing as you're using 7.1 you could try disabling the Phoenix Fanart for V7 plugin and installing the Phoenix Fanart (1.0.8) plugin. It's the version that is being maintained and fixes some issues with fanart in SageTV 7.1

John

Thanks for the advice, John. I did as you suggested--so far so good.
Old 12-02-2011, 04:27 AM
Sage Aficionado

Smile Files Attached

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post

Thanks,

Tom
Hey Tom,

Here are the latest txt files (attached).

Thanks again.

-Don
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (243.8 KB, 170 views)
File Type: txt sagetvclient_0.txt (312.2 KB, 133 views)
Old 12-02-2011, 06:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I can do that Tom, but the problem is now gone. It was related to the GKusnick STVi (and related STVi's) issue.
Good to know. Let me know if you have any other issues.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:50 AM
Sage User

my whole setup was working great, but for some reason i decided to build a better pc and switch to 64 bit instead of 32 bit. Sage didnt really care too much for this. i copied my wiz.bin and other important files remote etc. for whatever reason it decided to not keep my favorites or watched status, a little annoying but i can deal. what is REALLY driving me nuts is that i have commercial detector set to run during recording cuz i have an infant and need to pause a lot, lol. for whatever reason if i ever have to reboot my system (fresh install: windows updates, new programs, what have you) it sets the start comskip as soon as recording starts back to false. its annoying. i checked the ini and it is set to 1 so i dont understand. im off to bed for tonight, if anyone can figure this out id really appreciate it. thanks all.

forgive my lack of capitalization and possibly punctuation, im quite lazy

if it makes a difference im running pheonix full ui with a diamond ui mod on 7.1
Old 12-15-2011, 06:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podmodder View Post
my whole setup was working great, but for some reason i decided to build a better pc and switch to 64 bit instead of 32 bit. Sage didnt really care too much for this. i copied my wiz.bin and other important files remote etc. for whatever reason it decided to not keep my favorites or watched status, a little annoying but i can deal. what is REALLY driving me nuts is that i have commercial detector set to run during recording cuz i have an infant and need to pause a lot, lol. for whatever reason if i ever have to reboot my system (fresh install: windows updates, new programs, what have you) it sets the start comskip as soon as recording starts back to false. its annoying. i checked the ini and it is set to 1 so i dont understand. im off to bed for tonight, if anyone can figure this out id really appreciate it. thanks all.

forgive my lack of capitalization and possibly punctuation, im quite lazy

if it makes a difference im running pheonix full ui with a diamond ui mod on 7.1
I'm wondering if the reboot is causing Sage to not update the .properties file before exiting. I've never seen this before but I don't know why else the setting is reverting. The setting in the comskip.ini does NOT tell CommercialDetector to start comskipping as soon as the recording starts, that is controled by a property in the sage.properties file. (The setting in comskip.ini just allows comskip to function properly IF it is comskipping a live recording.)

Try this:
- Set it to start comskipping immediately, then reboot your system as you normally do.
- After the reboot look in the sage.properties file on the server for all properties starting with "cd/" and post them here.

Then try this:
- Set it to start comskipping immediately, stop Sage gracefully, then reboot your system.
- Look again at the .properties file and post those starting with "cd/".

Tom

Old 12-15-2011, 08:53 PM
Sage User

ok, ill try this once my wife goes to bed. I thought that exiting sage nicely would solve the problem too but it hasn't in the past. that is the only setting it resets because i told it to do at most 2 jobs instead of 1 to see what would happen and it didnt revert. at any rate ill try it out.
Old 12-16-2011, 11:03 PM
Sage User

I am assuming you were wanting the read out of the cd/start_imm which = true once I set it and reverted back to false on a reboot. Should I try editing it to true directly in the .properties file and saving it to see if it sticks?
Old 12-17-2011, 03:58 AM
Sage User

It didn't stick that way either. I'm out of ideas
Old 12-17-2011, 06:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It didn't stick that way either. I'm out of ideas
That's the correct property. Are you saying you edited the property directly and it keeps getting set back to false?

Old 12-17-2011, 11:41 AM
Sage User

Yup, directly set it to true in sage.properties, saved the file, rebooted and it was false again
Old 12-17-2011, 11:56 AM
SageTVaholic

That sounds like you don't have sage closed out when that happens. Make sure sage isn't going to the tray instead of closing.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 12-17-2011, 12:03 PM
Sage User

Action to take when sagetv is closed is set to exit sagetv. I even clicked exit on the main menu checked to see if the services and processes were off then rebooted and still reverts. This didn't happen on my x86 system so I'm stumped.
Old 12-17-2011, 01:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Action to take when sagetv is closed is set to exit sagetv. I even clicked exit on the main menu checked to see if the services and processes were off then rebooted and still reverts. This didn't happen on my x86 system so I'm stumped.
I'm stumped too. Let me think a bit about why this could be happening.

When you change other properties do they revert when you exit Sage, or only this one property?

Edit: Set the loglevel to Trace and see if there are any messages similar to "resetConfig: resetConfig received from Plugin Manager". That's the only way that the property can be reset.

Last edited by tmiranda; 12-17-2011 at 01:45 PM.
Old 12-17-2011, 02:08 PM
Sage User

It's just the one setting if I for instance change the setting for it to run 2 jobs max instead of 1 that setting stays at what I set it at.
Old 12-17-2011, 06:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It's just the one setting if I for instance change the setting for it to run 2 jobs max instead of 1 that setting stays at what I set it at.
Strange. Let me know if you see any of the resetConfig: messages.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:23 PM
Sage User

Nope, nothin. Guess I'll just have to live with it. Another issue that I've noticed is that more often than not when it autoskips a commercial the audio continues on but the video pauses on the last frame before the skip. to fix this I have to skip back then forward manually. Not a huge thing, just a bit of a nuisance...