SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 09-23-2011, 11:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

When I manually "que up" the files to process everything runs.(obeying time restrictions) But when a new recording finishes it doesn't get processed. (even during non restricted times)Help!
Old 09-24-2011, 04:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettech_gt View Post
When I manually "que up" the files to process everything runs.(obeying time restrictions) But when a new recording finishes it doesn't get processed. (even during non restricted times)Help!
Turn on debug logging in Sage, set the debug level in the plugin to Trace, then attach a logfile.

The most common reason for this is that you've specified a channel to not process and it has a number with a hyphen and CD interprets this as a range.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 09-24-2011, 12:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Here is my log file. All the channel restrictions I have a #,#, no -

EX: 355,356,357,358

THANX!
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetv_0.zip (105.4 KB, 176 views)
Old 09-24-2011, 05:02 PM
SageTVaholic

I looked at that logfile but did not see any recordings happening at all. Can you send another one that includes a time period where sage has started and completed some recordings?

Also, can you change the loglevel from Maximum to Trace? Maximum produces too much for even me to sort through

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

One of these should show something was recorded (had to split into two files), but was not processed by CD.

... also wanted to know can I configure CD to only que and process .ts files? You'll see CD qued a bunch of .mkv and avi files.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetv1_1.zip (400.9 KB, 160 views)
File Type: zip sagetv_1_2.zip (583.6 KB, 169 views)
Old 09-25-2011, 09:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Also, can you change the loglevel from Maximum to Trace? Maximum produces too much for even me to sort through
Sorry I read your reply too fast and didn't see this part. Though it would explain why my log files are sooo big. If you need me to send another log, set to trace let me know. THANX!
Old 09-26-2011, 05:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
One of these should show something was recorded (had to split into two files), but was not processed by CD.

... also wanted to know can I configure CD to only que and process .ts files? You'll see CD qued a bunch of .mkv and avi files.
Here is the problem: [PluginEventQueue@c8eb2] Exception error in plugin event listener of: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: sagex.api.ShowAPI.GetShowCategoriesList(Ljava/lang/Object[Ljava/lang/String;

What version os sagex are you running?

Edit: I see the problem, you are running Sage 7.0 and CD needs 7.1 (because GetShowCategoriesList() doesn't exist in 7.0). I need to update the manifest dependencies.

Last edited by tmiranda; 09-26-2011 at 05:49 AM.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:14 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Here is the problem: [PluginEventQueue@c8eb2] Exception error in plugin event listener of: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: sagex.api.ShowAPI.GetShowCategoriesList(Ljava/lang/Object[Ljava/lang/String;

What version os sagex are you running?

Edit: I see the problem, you are running Sage 7.0 and CD needs 7.1 (because GetShowCategoriesList() doesn't exist in 7.0). I need to update the manifest dependencies.
So if I update my version of Sage to 7.19 and sagex to 7.192 it should work?
Old 09-26-2011, 11:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
So if I update my version of Sage to 7.19 and sagex to 7.192 it should work?
Yes.

Old 10-02-2011, 12:11 PM
Sage User

Installed, can't get it to work

I installed Commercial Detector during the summer. I finally got around to working with it. However, I'm either having a problem with it, or, do not fully understand how it works. I've got SageTV 7 and CommDetector 1.0 running on Win 7/64. I can see the "CS" icon on many of my recordings. When I go to play them back, there's no indication in the time line at the bottom that a commercial skip is available. What am I missing. Thanks for any help...
Old 10-02-2011, 05:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by baradanikto View Post
I installed Commercial Detector during the summer. I finally got around to working with it. However, I'm either having a problem with it, or, do not fully understand how it works. I've got SageTV 7 and CommDetector 1.0 running on Win 7/64. I can see the "CS" icon on many of my recordings. When I go to play them back, there's no indication in the time line at the bottom that a commercial skip is available. What am I missing. Thanks for any help...
Add the Commercial Detector UI plugin under UI Mod.
HTPC: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI, I7-6700, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro x64, Hauppauge HVR-1600, WinTV-dualHD, Colossus 2, Samsung 850 EVO 120GB, Seagate 3TB, WD 3TB, 3TB, 5TB, Java v1.8.0_231, SageTVx64 v9.2.1.826, Samsung UN60EH6003F, Dish ViP222K, ViewHD 1x2 HDMI Splitter.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:30 PM
Sage User

Denali....did as you suggested. However, I still can't see any indication of a commercial skip when I play a recorded show. I see a purple "CS" icon for many of the videos, but, no indication that commercial skip is avaible on the video time line.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Denali....did as you suggested. However, I still can't see any indication of a commercial skip when I play a recorded show. I see a purple "CS" icon for many of the videos, but, no indication that commercial skip is avaible on the video time line.
Check ComSkip Playback Options under Setup > Detailed Setup > Customize
HTPC: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI, I7-6700, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro x64, Hauppauge HVR-1600, WinTV-dualHD, Colossus 2, Samsung 850 EVO 120GB, Seagate 3TB, WD 3TB, 3TB, 5TB, Java v1.8.0_231, SageTVx64 v9.2.1.826, Samsung UN60EH6003F, Dish ViP222K, ViewHD 1x2 HDMI Splitter.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:45 PM
Sage User

Denali....checked the settings and enabled some. Everything else looked fine, but, I'm not sure what to look for. Is there something in particular I should check? Also, would it make a difference if the recorded shows are all in HD?
Old 10-03-2011, 06:27 PM
SageTVaholic

HD specifically, no, but if they are H.264 recordings, you need to have the donator's version of ComSkip. The free version only process MPEG-2.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 10-04-2011, 04:33 PM
Sage User

These are not HD recordings. They are recordings made from HD channels. I did some digging using Windows Explorer and the files are mpegs. Additionally, I noticed that the ".edl" files are 0kb and the "INCOMMERCIAL" files are all 1kb. As a side note, my recording folder (E drive) is not on the same hard drive as the SageTV Comskip install (C drive). Would any of this throw a wrench into what Commercial Detector/Comskip expects?
Old 10-04-2011, 08:24 PM
SageTVaholic

That config should work fine. Set the loglevel in the CommerciaDetector config to Trace and attach a logfile for me to look at please.

Old 10-05-2011, 05:40 PM
Sage User

tmiranda...I did as you requested and set the debug level to "trace". However, I could not find a log file. Actually, I'm not sure of the name or path of the file, so, I had to poke around a bit. But, I found nothing that looked like a log file. Then, I relalized that the plugin is installed under Program Files. I am running under Windows 7 with UAC active. Could this be the issue?
Old 10-06-2011, 02:36 AM
Sage Aficionado

Red face SageTV 7.1.9.5 clean install

Commercial detector always installs as failed. Any ideas?

Is this plugin, what gives me the comskip configuration options in Sage? If not, that may be the problem.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
tmiranda...I did as you requested and set the debug level to "trace". However, I could not find a log file. Actually, I'm not sure of the name or path of the file, so, I had to poke around a bit. But, I found nothing that looked like a log file. Then, I relalized that the plugin is installed under Program Files. I am running under Windows 7 with UAC active. Could this be the issue?
I'm not sure what you mean when you say the Plugin is installed under Program Files, the plugin will simply be installed wherever you have installed Sage TV. The logfile is the SageTV logfile, look for sagetv_0.txt in the SageTV install directory. I did forget to mention that you need to turn on debug loggin in SageTV itself. That option is located in the detailed setup. Let me know if you need more detailed instructions on that.