SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 05-23-2011, 04:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Tom,

I am looking to move away from DIRMON2 and use your plugin instead. I have a few Questions. I notice that you look for existence of EDL and TXT to determine whether to run comskip... Is it possible to have it look for VPRJ also.

I say this because EDL and TXT are created even if comskip fails. I have comskip setup to only create VPRJ upon successful completion. Better yet is it possible to add our own checks. There are some mpg that I have cut commercials off and created a file with the extension donecut. So i do not want Comskip to run on any files that have a file with donecut.

Last edited by nyplayer; 05-23-2011 at 04:44 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
I am looking to move away from DIRMON2 and use your plugin instead. I have a few Questions. I notice that you look for existence of EDL and TXT to determine whether to run comskip... Is it possible to have it look for VPRJ also.
This is only partially true. If you use the option to scan for files with no comskip info it does look for .txt or .edl. The only time you really need to use that option however is if you have a bunch of recordings that for one reason or another have not been processed.

Under normal conditions comskip is triggered as soon as the recording finishes or optionally as soon as the recording starts. This is fundamentally different from DirMon which monitors a directory looking for new files to appear.

So what you would do is edit the comskip.ini to tell comskip to produce .VPRJ files. After comskip executes you can change filenames to anything you like.

Did that answer your question?

If you want to get fancy and do things conditionally (like run VideoReDo if comskip succeeds and do something else if it fails) you will need to use SJQ.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Yep that answers my questions I can work with that. Thanks
Old 05-28-2011, 10:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Tom,

Is there a way In future release to add not to run on certain categories.... For example sports. I usually watch sports on Sage because I can pause.... but I do not care to run comskip on them as I watch them. Plus sometimes sports tickers play havoc with comskip marking.
Old 05-29-2011, 04:18 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Tom,

Is there a way In future release to add not to run on certain categories.... For example sports. I usually watch sports on Sage because I can pause.... but I do not care to run comskip on them as I watch them. Plus sometimes sports tickers play havoc with comskip marking.
That's possible. Add the issue here so I don't forget to look at it: http://code.google.com/p/tmiranda/issues/list

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Tom,

That's funny, because Football is one of the few shows where I intentionally watch it a little behind live, to allow comskip to do it's work.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 05-31-2011, 05:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Something to play with

This is not fully tested, but since people volunteered to help test I figured I'd post it here in the forums.

Partial change log:

- Added ability to skip recordings based on a channel range.
- Added ability to skip recordings based on category/subcategory.
- Fixed a bug that prevented artifacts from being deleted if MediaFileDeleted event was received but the Sage core had not yet physically removed the file.
- Fixed a deceptive message that indicated there was an error after a job was cancelled when there was really no error.
- Possibly fixed a bug that would create a String Out of Bounds exception when scanning for recordings without comskip files.
- Improved Intelligent Scheduling to search for pending jobs that can be processed before the next recording rather than just looking at the first job in the queue.
- Cleaned up code.
- Improved logging.

To skip channels based on range the "skip channel" dialog now accepts channel ranges separated by the "-" character. So "10,SHO,100-199,12" will not process recordings from channels 10, 12, 100 through 199 and ShowTime.

You'll see a new option in the plugin config to skip based on category/subcategory.

To skip based on category enter the category or subcategory separated by a comma. It will look at the Category and Subcategory. So if you enter "tech,football" it will skip anything that has tech or football in the category or subcategory fields. It is case insensitive but it only matches entire words.

Installation of this must be done manually:
- Stop Sage
- Rename CommercialDetector.jar to something else.
- Overwrite CommercialDetector.jar with the attached.

If you have problems stop Sage and restore the original CommercialDetector.jar.

Tom
Attached Files
File Type: zip CommercialDetector.zip (64.0 KB, 144 views)

Old 05-31-2011, 07:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Looking good Tom the Categories work great... haven't had a chance to setup my channels yet.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Looking good Tom the Categories work great... haven't had a chance to setup my channels yet.
Good to know, and thanks for the suggestion. I never would have thought about adding that.

I will test for a while before releasing it to make sure it's as solid as possible.

Old 06-02-2011, 06:17 AM
Sage Icon

Is there any way to limit the plugin to just a recordings directory or directory(s) of my choosing?

I had to do some maintenance some time ago on my server and finally got around to re-installing this plugin. One thing that hit me was that when I fired off a manual scan is that it analyzed every file on my server. It took forever. It would be nice to provide the specific paths where comskip is allowed to run.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrems View Post
Is there any way to limit the plugin to just a recordings directory or directory(s) of my choosing?

I had to do some maintenance some time ago on my server and finally got around to re-installing this plugin. One thing that hit me was that when I fired off a manual scan is that it analyzed every file on my server. It took forever. It would be nice to provide the specific paths where comskip is allowed to run.
Probably possible. Please add it to the issue list so I don't forget about it.

Old 06-15-2011, 02:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Version 1.00

Version 1.00 is available in the plugin repository. Changes:

- Added ability to skip recordings based on a channel range.
- Added ability to skip recordings based on category.
- Fixed a bug that prevented artifacts from being deleted if MediaFileDeleted event was received but the Sage core had not yet physically removed the file.
- Fixed a deceptive message that indicated there was an error after a job was cancelled when there was really no error.
- Possibly fixed a bug that would create a String Out of Bounds exception when scanning for recordings without comskip information.
- Improved Intelligent Scheduling to search the queue for pending jobs that can be processed before the next recording instead of just looking at the first job in the queue.
- Separated comskip into its own Plugin so it will be possible to update comskip versions independently of CommercialDetector.
- Updated comskip to version 80.042.
- Cleaned up code.
- Improved logging.
- Removed plugin from beta status.

Old 06-15-2011, 06:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

You've been working hard! Thanks for the update - looks like a lot of good stuff here. Can't wait to try it out.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptzink View Post
You've been working hard! Thanks for the update - looks like a lot of good stuff here. Can't wait to try it out.
I made the changes in "bits and pieces" over the last several months so it was really just a matter of packaging it up.

Old 06-16-2011, 04:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

I have the Haupaugge Colosus ready to be installed and I have donated to Erick, now what? any step by step of how to install the donator version of commskip and make SageTV to detect commercials on HD programs?
Old 06-16-2011, 04:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielcab View Post
I have the Haupaugge Colosus ready to be installed and I have donated to Erick, now what? any step by step of how to install the donator version of commskip and make SageTV to detect commercials on HD programs?
Ahhh! That might be why my latest recordings are not detecting commercials. Is there a newer donate version?
Old 06-17-2011, 06:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielcab View Post
It's real easy.

A day or two after donating Erik will send you a link to the donators version. When it arrives download it and unzip it to your Sage server any place you like, but do NOT overwrite the comskip files that come with CommercialDetector.

Go to the CommercialDetector config options and look for the option where you can select the comskip.exe location. Change that to point to your donators version and you are done.

If you want to change the comskip.ini parameters (which I recommend you do not do until you get comfortable with how it all works) edit the comskip.ini file that comes with the donator's version and then go back to the CommercialDetector config options and look for the option where you select the comskip.ini. Point it at your edited comskip.ini.

Old 06-17-2011, 06:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodleNT View Post
Ahhh! That might be why my latest recordings are not detecting commercials. Is there a newer donate version?
Erik usually releases the donator's version and free version at the same time. Are you currently using the donator's version or are you using the free version (which is what comes with CommercialDetector)?

Old 06-30-2011, 10:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

Since version 1.0 Commercial Detector no longer ignores my PBS channels, I have them entered like this: 15-1,15-2,15-3.......and it worked fine before.

Has something changed?

Thanks

Client 1: HD300; Panasonic TC-P65S64;
Client 2: HD300; Samsung 46" LCD;
Client 3: HD300; 60" LCD;
Old 06-30-2011, 10:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromuman View Post
Since version 1.0 Commercial Detector no longer ignores my PBS channels, I have them entered like this: 15-1,15-2,15-3.......and it worked fine before.

Has something changed?

Thanks
Yes, I added support for a channel range specified by using the "-" character. So I'm thinking that CommercialDetector thinks you are trying to not process channels 1-15. (If is sees the second number is lower than the first it will flip them.)

Se the loglevel to trace, let it run for a while, preferably when you make a recording on one of those PBS channels, and then attach a logfile for me to look at.

I have an idea for a fix if what I suspect is happening really is.

Tom