SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 05-04-2011, 02:18 AM
Sage Aficionado

Lightbulb Issue Fixed

Had to revert...
Old 05-04-2011, 09:15 AM
Sage Aficionado

Dumb question: Where is the manual "Run Comskip" option in the "show options"? Seems like I should be able to find this, but I am scratching my head. I only watch via extenders, so is this something not available on extenders? Confused on this one. Thanks!

Server: SageTV 7
Old 05-04-2011, 09:20 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmp14 View Post
Dumb question: Where is the manual "Run Comskip" option in the "show options"? Seems like I should be able to find this, but I am scratching my head. I only watch via extenders, so is this something not available on extenders? Confused on this one. Thanks!
Ok, so I found an option in the Comskip plugin settings to show the manual Run Comskip button, bit still don't know where that button is. How do I select a show, and manually execute the "Run Comskip" on it?

Old 05-04-2011, 10:41 AM
Sage Aficionado

Lightbulb Comskip Buttons

DETAILED SETUP - CUSTOMIZE - COMSKIP PLAYBACK OPTIONS - BUTTONS

there you will see 3 options (You should change the first two to yes and then click on configure for the last one.)
SHOW DELETED COMSKIP BUTTON
SHOW RUN MANUAL COMSKIP BUTTON

MANUAL COMSKIP OPTIONS - CONFIGURE
change it to
ENABLED
SELECT (FOR THE LOCATION OF THE COMSKIP.CMD)

You should now see this option listed for recordings. You might have to delete any old comskip files for the recording before manually running comskip on that same recording.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:52 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by doncote0 View Post
DETAILED SETUP - CUSTOMIZE - COMSKIP PLAYBACK OPTIONS - BUTTONS

there you will see 3 options (You should change the first two to yes and then click on configure for the last one.)

change it to
ENABLED
SELECT (FOR THE LOCATION OF THE COMSKIP.CMD)

You should now see this option listed for recordings. You might have to delete any old comskip files for the recording before manually running comskip on that same recording.
Thanks, really appreciate it, but I dont see "MANUAL COMSKIP OPTIONS" anywhere in the Comskip Playback Options.

I have the Commercial Detector and Commercial Detector UI plugins installed, plus the Comskip Playback plugin (of course). I wonder what I am missing?

Old 05-04-2011, 11:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Ok, so I found an option in the Comskip plugin settings to show the manual Run Comskip button, bit still don't know where that button is. How do I select a show, and manually execute the "Run Comskip" on it?
The easiset way is to bring up the options menu while the recording is in focus. One of the options (along with watch, delete,mark don't like, mark watched, etc) is "Run Comskip". If the recording already has been comskipped the button will say "Delete Comskip files".

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
The easiset way is to bring up the options menu while the recording is in focus. One of the options (along with watch, delete,mark don't like, mark watched, etc) is "Run Comskip". If the recording already has been comskipped the button will say "Delete Comskip files".
Ok, sorry I am hijacking this thread. I must have some plugin or some setting enabled that is making this difficult. When I have a recording highlighted in the list or recordings (I DONT use Malore btw), and I hit the Options button on the remote, I get a menu that pops out from the right side of the screen with options for the recordings view, like "Current Recordings", "Archived Recordings" etc, along with Filter and sort options for the list. I don't get a menu for the specific recording. If, while watching a recording, I hit select on the remote, I get a bunch of options on screen, like "Detailed Info", "IMDB Search" etc. I also get the enable/disable toggle "Com. Auto Skip", but that is the only Comskip choice I see on that menu.

Dang, I am feeling kinda goofy here, anyone have any thoughts on why I am not seeing what everyone else is?

Old 05-04-2011, 12:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Ok, sorry I am hijacking this thread. I must have some plugin or some setting enabled that is making this difficult. When I have a recording highlighted in the list or recordings (I DONT use Malore btw), and I hit the Options button on the remote, I get a menu that pops out from the right side of the screen with options for the recordings view, like "Current Recordings", "Archived Recordings" etc, along with Filter and sort options for the list. I don't get a menu for the specific recording. If, while watching a recording, I hit select on the remote, I get a bunch of options on screen, like "Detailed Info", "IMDB Search" etc. I also get the enable/disable toggle "Com. Auto Skip", but that is the only Comskip choice I see on that menu.

Dang, I am feeling kinda goofy here, anyone have any thoughts on why I am not seeing what everyone else is?
Doh! I had a plugin that disables the options menu when selecting a recording. Double Doh! I found the options. Thanks everyone for the help!

Old 05-04-2011, 04:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

Smile Glad You Found It

Quote:
3 OPTIONS
1. SHOW DELETED COMSKIP BUTTON
2. SHOW RUN MANUAL COMSKIP BUTTON
3. MANUAL COMSKIP OPTIONS
Old 05-09-2011, 11:22 PM
Sage User

Sorry if been asked already. I requested a scan for shows that do not have comskip info and they were added to the queue. Is there any way to clear the queue once they waiting to be processed?

thx.
Bill
Old 05-10-2011, 05:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechRx View Post
Sorry if been asked already. I requested a scan for shows that do not have comskip info and they were added to the queue. Is there any way to clear the queue once they waiting to be processed?

thx.
Bill
Bill,

It's been a while since I looked at that but I think if click on the item that shows you the number of items in the queue it will give the option to clear it. You might have to enable the advanced options.

You can also delete the CommercialDetector.DB file. The only thing stored in there is a list of the queued recordings.

If you can't figure it out I'll go have a look at it tonight when I get home.

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.

Last edited by tmiranda; 05-10-2011 at 05:58 AM.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:25 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Bill,

It's been a while since I looked at that but I think if click on the item that shows you the number of items in the queue it will give the option to clear it. You might have to enable the advanced options.

You can also delete the CommercialDetector.DB file. The only thing stored in there is a list of the queued recordings.

If you can't figure it out I'll go have a look at it tonight when I get home.

Tom
Hi, thanks for the info. Clicking the number of items queued only goes back through the queued process and doubles the number. The deletion on the DB file was the easiest way.

thx.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

OK I am sorry but I did not know how to find this answer. My wife has been complaining about comskip cutting of portions of her shows. It seems to happen when the show resumes after the commercials and at the end of the show. I was going to search and read through this thread but decided to post and hope to get a suggestion. Thanks again to everyone.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:58 AM
Sage Aficionado

Lightbulb Read The Last Page

Quote:
My wife has been complaining about comskip cutting of portions of her shows. It seems to happen when the show resumes after the commercials and at the end of the show.
The answer is listed, so now you do not have to search for it.

A better description is found here http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...nds#post497056

I hope this helps!

Last edited by doncote0; 05-23-2011 at 10:54 AM. Reason: the girl with kaleidoscope eyes...
Old 05-21-2011, 10:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Is there a way to prevent ComSkip from running on the last few minutes of a show. It always cuts off the last few minutes of 30 Rock and The Office.
Old 05-22-2011, 03:57 AM
SageTVaholic

The post just before yours answers the question. You must edit the comskip.ini file and add the following lines (or edit them if they already exist):

Code:
always_keep_first_seconds=180 ;Any commercial at the start shorter then this amount of seconds will be regarded as show
always_keep_last_seconds=180 ;Any commercial at the end shorter then this amount of seconds will be regarded as show
In the example above the first and last 3 minutes of the show will never be marked as a commercial. Just change the values to suit your needs.

Old 05-22-2011, 08:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

Any chance this gets added to the UI?
Old 05-22-2011, 12:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodleNT View Post
Any chance this gets added to the UI?
It's not on the "to do" list. comskip has so many settings that can be tweaked in the .ini file that I'm just not sure it's worth it.

It might make more sense to make a new plugin that's a "comskip.ini editor".

Old 05-23-2011, 10:57 AM
Sage Aficionado

Lightbulb Please Read

Another thing that you might want to try is reading through the posts before posting the same question again.

The answer to the question you asked, NoodleNT, has been posted several times in this thread including directly above your question.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

Or you just add it to the UI for the pluggin and people would stop asking it.