SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:14 AM
Sage Advanced User

Another Comskip question. We use and really like MyMovies for SageTV. I believe for it to work properly all the movies need to be in the Videos folder, or something similar - just all in the same folder. Each in their own sub folder of course.

We have a lot of movies recorded from TV that we would like to have in MyMovies. Is there a way that Comskip can be made to work with movies in a different folder from the recordings folder? I could wait to do the move until they have been marked by Comskip if that would help.

Thanks,
Rod

EXTENDER: HD100 to 26" Westinghouse LCD TV.
EXTENDER: HD200 to 50" Panasonic Plasma TV
HTPC: SageTV 7, Win7 AMD Athlon II X4 635 CPU, MOBO Gigabyte GA-880GA-UD3H, 4 GB DDR3 RAM 500 GB HD, Asus Essence ST Sound Card for 5.1 audio, 15" HP LCD Monitor or to same Panasonic 50" Plasma as HD200,
Old 12-09-2010, 08:18 AM
SageTVaholic

Rod,

CommercialDetector will not run comskip on a Client. Dirmon2 or SJQ will.

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwboater View Post
We have a lot of movies recorded from TV that we would like to have in MyMovies. Is there a way that Comskip can be made to work with movies in a different folder from the recordings folder? I could wait to do the move until they have been marked by Comskip if that would help.
The easiest thing to do is to wait for CommercialDetector to finish creating the .edl and then move the movie and .edl to wherever you want. As long as the .mpg and the .edl are in the same directory it will work fine.

Alternatively, from the default STV go to Videos, select the movie and then select the option to run comskip.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

Tom,

Thanks very much for both your prompt and helpful responses.

Rod

EXTENDER: HD100 to 26" Westinghouse LCD TV.
EXTENDER: HD200 to 50" Panasonic Plasma TV
HTPC: SageTV 7, Win7 AMD Athlon II X4 635 CPU, MOBO Gigabyte GA-880GA-UD3H, 4 GB DDR3 RAM 500 GB HD, Asus Essence ST Sound Card for 5.1 audio, 15" HP LCD Monitor or to same Panasonic 50" Plasma as HD200,
Old 12-09-2010, 11:54 AM
Sage User

comskip replacing the recording instead of just marking commercials?

I've been trying to find out if it's possible to have comskip replace the file after commercial detection.

When I was using BeyondTV, I believe it's commercial marking program would mark the commercials and then replace the file with the commercial-less file.

Can Commercial Detector and comskip do this?

Here's what I'm trying to do:

- record a show
- mark and cut the commercials
- replace the file
- convert to iPhone format

After that, I would suck that into my iTunes library and then it would be available for use on my iPad or Apple TV.

Possible?

Thanks!
Old 12-09-2010, 01:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone99 View Post
I've been trying to find out if it's possible to have comskip replace the file after commercial detection.

When I was using BeyondTV, I believe it's commercial marking program would mark the commercials and then replace the file with the commercial-less file.

Can Commercial Detector and comskip do this?

Here's what I'm trying to do:

- record a show
- mark and cut the commercials
- replace the file
- convert to iPhone format

After that, I would suck that into my iTunes library and then it would be available for use on my iPad or Apple TV.

Possible?

Thanks!
This is a job for SJQ (Sage Job Queue). Others have already done this using comskip (to generate the .Vprj files that contain the commercial locations), VideoReDo (to cut out those commercials), and MediaShrink (to convert format.)

SJQv4 is getting ready to enter public beta so I'd recommend not spending a lot of time gettin it to work under SJQ3.

Old 12-11-2010, 05:44 PM
Sage User

My hardware:
Windows 7 32 bit
Sagetv 7
i7 860
4 GB DDR3
nvidia gt 430
Vizio 55"
Yamaha reciever

I've been running comskip without issues for some time now.
I just installed a HD-PVR so I got the donated version to use.
The new comskip version is in its own directory with the plugin
pointing to its location.
It processes the .ts files but takes a long time.
For example a 30 minute show takes 42 minutes to process.

I attached the comskip log and comskip ini for the 30 minute show I was testing.

I did try other recordings and have the same results.

Is this normal for .ts files?
Old 12-12-2010, 01:49 AM
SageTVaholic

H.264 does take quite a bit longer to process than MPEG-2, but on that hardware, it shouldn't really be taking THAT long.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 12-17-2010, 04:22 PM
Sage User

Thumbs up

@tmiranda

I have been using the commercial detector plugin and it is working great! Thanks for your work on this.

I usually watch most of my recordings in XBMC (personal preference), which supports comskip's .edl files as well.
However, I would like to have the .edl files act as "commercial break" instead of "cut" as defined here.
All that needs to be changed is the last flag, from zero to three like so:
Code:
5.3   7.1    0
15    16.7   0
420   822    0

becomes

5.3   7.1    3
15    16.7   3
420   822    3
I have a script that does this conversion automatically.
This works great for XBMC playback, but breaks support in SageTV.

So, is there any way you can enable support in your plugin for the '3' flag to act the same way that '0' currently does in SageTV?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Old 12-18-2010, 06:30 AM
Sage Advanced User

I was thinking of running this on my Sage 7 but I am confused about the install. Can I install the UI on the server? It says to do it on a client I currently use three HD200's do I need to install placeshifter on another pc and run it there or can I run it on the server?

Thanks
Old 12-19-2010, 11:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradvido View Post
So, is there any way you can enable support in your plugin for the '3' flag to act the same way that '0' currently does in SageTV?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
I'm not sure, I'll have to look into that for you.

I just browsed through the comskip.ini file and I think you can accomplish what you want using this setting:

Code:
output_vdr=1
I'm not 100% sure about it, but the comment in the .ini file seems to indicate it's the thing to do.

Try this:
- Copy the .ini file to another folder.
- Edit the .ini file and change the setting from 0 (the default) to 1.
- Go to the CommercialDetector options and point it at the new .ini you just created.

Let me know if that does what you need.

Last edited by tmiranda; 12-19-2010 at 12:34 PM.
Old 12-19-2010, 12:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunny View Post
I was thinking of running this on my Sage 7 but I am confused about the install. Can I install the UI on the server? It says to do it on a client I currently use three HD200's do I need to install placeshifter on another pc and run it there or can I run it on the server?

Thanks
Just install the Commercial Detector UI Mod on the HD200's and you will be fine. Install should be very simple

Old 12-19-2010, 06:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

I got it work, working nicely because it is simple KISS method works for me
Old 12-20-2010, 09:23 AM
Sage Aficionado

Just a kudo to you for all your hard work! Installed on server and clients.. and all is working great. WAF is bumped up another notch for sure.

Thanks again.

Grant
Old 12-20-2010, 12:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOfMany View Post
Thanks again.

Grant

Old 12-26-2010, 02:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to matterw
Thanks!

Just wanted to say that you got this right -- so simple and works like a champ. You nailed down the need for the people looking for a v7 comskip trigger agent. Keep it up!

-Matt
Tuners: Hauppauge PVR 500, 2 x HD-PVR, USB-IRT
Old 12-26-2010, 03:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks Matt.

Old 12-30-2010, 08:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

I installed this plugin on my HD100. Since all my recrdings use an HDPVR I dowloaded the donator version of comskip. I created a new folder "comskipHD" in the SageTV folder and copied the new version to this folder. Then pointed the plugin to the new .exe and .ini files. I recorded a 30 min show to test. After the recodring comskip ran for about 4 hours. (at about 45% CPU) It generated three files (attached) but it did not cut any comercials... Help!
Attached Files
File Type: zip EverybodyHatesChris-EverybodyHatestheBabysitter-3907200-0.zip (43.1 KB, 137 views)
File Type: txt comskip_ini.txt (5.8 KB, 160 views)
Old 12-30-2010, 09:12 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettech_gt View Post
I installed this plugin on my HD100. Since all my recrdings use an HDPVR I dowloaded the donator version of comskip. I created a new folder "comskipHD" in the SageTV folder and copied the new version to this folder. Then pointed the plugin to the new .exe and .ini files. I recorded a 30 min show to test. After the recodring comskip ran for about 4 hours. (at about 45% CPU) It generated three files (attached) but it did not cut any comercials... Help!
Did you also install the Comskip Playback for V7 plugin? It is also required for automatic commercial skipping. The Commercial Detector just runs the comskip program which flags the frame numbers or timestamps of when commercials start and end. The Comskip Playback plugin is the plugin that does the actual automatic skip for you. Neither of these plugins will actually 'cut' the commercial from the recording, they just flag the location of the commercials so they can be auto-skipped during playback.

Server Hardware: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R, Intel Q9550 CPU 2.83GHz, 11GB RAM, 1xHDHR, 1xHVR1600, 1xHVR2250
29TB Server Storage: 1TB SSD (OS), 1TB (data), 2x6TB+2x10TB (22TB FlexRaid storage pool), 2x2TB (recordings), 1x750GB (VMs).
Server Software: Win10 Pro x64 OS, SageTV 64bit v9.2.0.441, Java 1.8 u241, PlayOn, Comskip (Donator) v0.82.003, WampServer v2.5.
Clients: 3xHD300s, 2xHD100, 2xPlaceshifters
Old 12-30-2010, 11:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

THANX!! I didn't know I needed to install the "comskip playback plugin". I have now installed it and I now see where the comercials are.

I have a couple more questions; is there a way to fine tune the edl file that gets generated? On each of the "dark green sections" (where the commercials are) it plays 1 -5 seconds of comercials before it resumes playing the show. Also my Sage sever is running on a P4 2.4 Ghz with 1 GB RAM. A 30 min show took over 4 hours to process. (not using the "play nice" setting) is this normal? Seems knida of long to me... THANX!