SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 10-20-2010, 06:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Tim,

Are you running on a SageClient or a Placeshifter/Extender? Any other plugins installed?

The button should say "Delete" if there is a .txt or .edl file for the selected recording. If you press the "Delete" button it should change to "Run Comskip". So you will see one or the other depending on if a .txt or .edl file exists for the recording.

To help me debug your situation please check to see if there is a corresponding .txt or .edl file for the recording(s) that will not display the "Run Comskip" button.

Thanks,

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:16 AM
Sage Fanatic

Is there a setting to delay CS for a minute or so?

So that when watching live TV, Sage has time to delete the recording before CS processing starts?

Everything is working great, I just don't like to see the CS processing start on a recording which is not going to be saved...
SERVER: Win 7 x64/i7-860/Zotac H55ITX-C-E/Corsair H70/CFI a7879 case/12 TB Pooled with Drive Bender. DVBLogic: streaming HDPVR content to SageTV, WMC Clients, NPVR Clients, Remote Computers & iphone. 2ea HDPVR, 3ea HDHomeRun, 2ea VIP211
Old 10-20-2010, 08:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Jerry,

I'm assuming you are referring to situations where you are channel surfing and you have it set to start comskip immediately. There is no setting to do what you are asking, but it's probably a nice thing to add.

I've been trying to iron out any last bugs (and right now I have none reported) so I can release the first non-beta version about the same time Sage7 is finalized. I'll look at adding more features after that.

Thanks,

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:32 AM
Sage User

Restricted Times not working

I have CD 0.80 configured to not run comskip from 00:00 - 00:59 and 23:00 - 23:59.

Last night at the completion of a show at 12:05am, Comskip ran.

I believe I tested this before and it worked for me, but last night it did not, and I haven't changed anything that I know of.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewispm View Post
I have CD 0.80 configured to not run comskip from 00:00 - 00:59 and 23:00 - 23:59.

Last night at the completion of a show at 12:05am, Comskip ran.

I believe I tested this before and it worked for me, but last night it did not, and I haven't changed anything that I know of.
Maybe a regression bug between 0.70. I know I tested this and it worked as expected in my environment.

Can you set the loglevel to Trace, try it again, and post the logfile for me to look at?

Thanks,

Tom

Old 10-20-2010, 02:46 PM
Sage Icon

another observation about live recordings. i have had a few instances now where I've tried to stop and delete a live recording that was currently being comskipped. they "disappear" from the current recordings view, but end up only being marked "watched" and not deleted. they don't end up as partial recordings. I assume this is because the recording is still open by the comskip process. Is this normal behavior?

I'm also using the Multifunction Stop plug-in so I wonder if that might have something to do with it.
Client: HD300, Asus Pundit P1-AH1, AMD 3800+ X2 CPU, 1 GB RAM, 6150 graphics, ArcSoft decoders
Backup: Synology
SageTV version: FINAL
Old 10-20-2010, 04:44 PM
SageTVaholic

phelme - I'd have to see a logfile for that one. Do you have Sage set to "delete live recordings if not using intelligent recording" (or whatever that setting is called)? I know what happens if that setting is set to True/Yes, but I'm not sure what happens if it's set to False/No and you manually delete the recording.

Tom

Old 10-20-2010, 05:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

Feature Request

Just a thought I have had for some time - it would be nice to be able to specify client setup to run comskip on the client while watching and have the server side only run comskip on anything else. As long as the client has horsepower to do it it would be nice to utilize it.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoful View Post
... it would be nice to be able to specify client setup to run comskip on the client while watching and have the server side only run comskip on anything else.
Interesting idea. I'll have to think about how to actually do this in the most efficient manner.

Old 10-21-2010, 05:57 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Interesting idea. I'll have to think about how to actually do this in the most efficient manner.
It would also probably be best to have it run as a low priority thread if you can.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It would also probably be best to have it run as a low priority thread if you can.
First I'll have to figure out how to get it to run at all

Old 10-21-2010, 09:56 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Maybe a regression bug between 0.70. I know I tested this and it worked as expected in my environment.

Can you set the loglevel to Trace, try it again, and post the logfile for me to look at?

Thanks,

Tom
I set the loglevel to trace, but can't find the logfile in the sagetv directory.

My server has 64bit Win7 running. Do I need to enable logging anywhere else other than the plugin settings?
Old 10-21-2010, 10:57 AM
SageTVaholic

You need to enable Sage's debug logging as well. It's under Detailed Settings I believe.

Old 10-22-2010, 06:11 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
First I'll have to figure out how to get it to run at all
Can't you just wedge it into the Record Button press event? (This would be a simple method for manual recordings - though it would be much nicer if it were to do it when simply watching a show already recording, since I frequently start watching a show about 15 minutes after I know it's already started recording so I have some room to manually skip commercials)

I suppose you'd have to have a method to check if comskip is already running so that it doesn't double (or triple or quadruple) up and bog the client down.

I suppose if server side it would wait a little while before it starts processing then look for an edl and quit if it finds one that would prevent both client and server from processing the same show. Same from client side - if it sees an edl started it wouldn't client side process it.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Can't you just wedge it into the Record Button press event?
Well I can put a button wherever you like. Now, if you want the button to do something useful and not break what CommercialDetector already does, that's another story altogether. If you want to know the details the source is posted on Google Code

Old 10-23-2010, 03:55 AM
Sage User

I am using the Commercial Detector for some day now and love the functionality. Although I run into a problem with the plugin "Multi Function Stop" I am using also. If I enable Commercial Detector the first screen of this plugin is showed correctly, but as soon as I choose for delete in the first screen the second screen is closed immediately. Because of this the recording isn't deleted. Meaby it has something to do with the moment you delete the Commercial Detector files of the recording?

Any idea if you could solve this issue?

JUST FOUND OUT THIS ISSUE ISN'T CAUSED BY THIS PLUGIN. I AM SORRY FOR THE CONFUSION.

Last edited by oajungen; 10-23-2010 at 07:16 AM.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:07 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by oajungen View Post
I am using the Commercial Detector for some day now and love the functionality. Although I run into a problem with the plugin "Multi Function Stop" I am using also. If I enable Commercial Detector the first screen of this plugin is showed correctly, but as soon as I choose for delete in the first screen the second screen is closed immediately. Because of this the recording isn't deleted. Meaby it has something to do with the moment you delete the Commercial Detector files of the recording?

Any idea if you could solve this issue?
I started experiencing the same problem with the 'Multi Function Stop' plugin yesterday. I am NOT running the Commerical Detector plugin though. My issue seemed to start after I updated the automatic aspect ratio mode switcher plugin. Did you recently update your Automatic Aspect Ratio Mode Switcher Plugin?
Old 10-23-2010, 07:14 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by electronics4lif View Post
I started experiencing the same problem with the 'Multi Function Stop' plugin yesterday. I am NOT running the Commerical Detector plugin though. My issue seemed to start after I updated the automatic aspect ratio mode switcher plugin. Did you recently update your Automatic Aspect Ratio Mode Switcher Plugin?
I sure did as soon as it was available. Couldn't think about any reason why this update could cause this, so that's why I thought CD plugin was causing the issue. I just removed the aspect ratio switcher..... problem solved. Sorry for confusing the cause of this issue with the installation of the CD plugin.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:16 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by oajungen View Post
I sure did as soon as it was available. Couldn't think about any reason why this update could cause this, so that's why I thought CD plugin was causing the issue. I just removed the aspect ratio switcher..... problem solved. Sorry for confusing the cause of this issue with the installation of the CD plugin.
Thanks for the confirmation about the cause. I just posted over in the Automatic Aspect Ratio Switcher Plugin thread about the problem. The only problem with the new plugin system is I don't know how to revert to older versions of plugins.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by electronics4lif View Post
Thanks for the help.

Tom