SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 09-18-2010, 11:58 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Very helpful. Try this.
- Make a copy of the comskip.ini file (C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\comskip\comskip.ini)
- Edit the copy and change the line "live_tv=0" to "live_tv=1"
- In the plugin configuration go to "Location of comskip.ini" and point it at the edited .ini file.

There is no need to stop/start sage when you do the copy and edit.

Let me know how that goes. I think you found a bug in my .ini file
This appears to have fixed it.

I haven't used it heavily but I am able to comskip a show that has not yet finished airing.

Thanks for the help. Let me know if you fix this in an update and I'll re-point my comskip.ini file.

Thanks for a great plugin. For the most part it just plain works.
Old 09-18-2010, 12:12 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
See my post in the other thread. To see if it's a problem with my STVi you should install the comskip playback STVi directly and do NOT install the CommercialDetector UI STVi. If the spinning circle persists you know it's the the comskip playback STVi. If the spinning circle goes away you know it's my STVi.

Tom
On the client with Comercial Detector and Comskip playback uninstalled and then Comskip Playback reinstalled by it's self the Circle of Death persists...
Old 09-18-2010, 02:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryt View Post
On the client with Comercial Detector and Comskip playback uninstalled and then Comskip Playback reinstalled by it's self the Circle of Death persists...
Then it's probably a ComskipPlayback issue. I'd first check that your client has access to the recordings via UNC paths or the fully qualified drive and path name.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 09-18-2010, 02:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberpixel View Post
Thanks for the help. Let me know if you fix this in an update and I'll re-point my comskip.ini file.
You can try the patch I posted this morning. (It's actually an XML manifest that tells Sage where to look for an update.) It contains all of the fixes mentioned in this thread, updates comskip to the latest version, and adds the ability to select certain times to NOT run comskip.

I'm trying to put this puppy to bed so I can play with my new HD300.

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:16 AM
Sage Icon

tmiranda: restricted hours for comskip execution worked perfectly.

I blocked out my prime time hours from 8:00PM to 10:59PM and my recordings for those hours didn't begin processing until after prime time.

Very Nice!

Helen
Server: SageTV 9, Win10/32, Intel DP55KG Mb, Intel QC i5 2.66GHz , 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 2 Hauppauge 2255s for 4 OTA ATSC tuners, HDHRPrime w Comcast, 3 STP-HD300s 20101007-0 firmware, nVidia Shield. Java v7u55. Plugins:SD EPG, OpenDCT
Old 09-19-2010, 10:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Great. I'll post the update today.

Old 09-20-2010, 01:23 PM
Sage Icon

Well with yesterday's updates (9/19) now I get no icon in the header in addition to no "working" CS icon on the recording. :/
Client: HD300, Asus Pundit P1-AH1, AMD 3800+ X2 CPU, 1 GB RAM, 6150 graphics, ArcSoft decoders
Backup: Synology
SageTV version: FINAL
Old 09-20-2010, 01:29 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelme View Post
Well with yesterday's updates (9/19) now I get no icon in the header in addition to no "working" CS icon on the recording. :/
I didn't have the CS icon in the header before (except briefly just after the UI install) so that's not different for me. I havn't paid much attention to whether I can see the CS icon next to each file being processed or not. I do see the CS icon next to files that have been processed.

EDIT: The icon only should show in the header when comskip is running, right? If so, maybe that's why I'm not seeing it too much.
Server: SageTV 9, Win10/32, Intel DP55KG Mb, Intel QC i5 2.66GHz , 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 2 Hauppauge 2255s for 4 OTA ATSC tuners, HDHRPrime w Comcast, 3 STP-HD300s 20101007-0 firmware, nVidia Shield. Java v7u55. Plugins:SD EPG, OpenDCT

Last edited by HelenWeathers; 09-20-2010 at 01:34 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Yes, the icon in the header only shows up when comskip is running.

If you're not seeing any icons at all please set debug level to Trace and attach a log file. If your not seeing he icons on a SageClient please include the client logfile as well as the server logfile.

Thanks,

Tom

Old 09-20-2010, 07:13 PM
Sage Icon

here's some logs. I made sure that live_tv=1 was set in my comskip.ini file. It's in a different place than where you keep yours as I have the donators version (but I have the paths set correctly in the plug-in config, I doubled checked that).

maybe there are some other settings in the .ini that are wrong? do you modify mine when it's in a different spot from the default?
Attached Files
File Type: zip commercial detector logs.zip (407.8 KB, 163 views)
Client: HD300, Asus Pundit P1-AH1, AMD 3800+ X2 CPU, 1 GB RAM, 6150 graphics, ArcSoft decoders
Old 09-21-2010, 05:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelme View Post
here's some logs. I made sure that live_tv=1 was set in my comskip.ini file. It's in a different place than where you keep yours as I have the donators version (but I have the paths set correctly in the plug-in config, I doubled checked that).

maybe there are some other settings in the .ini that are wrong? do you modify mine when it's in a different spot from the default?
I modify a few settings in the ini, but nothing drastic. I set the verbose level to 0 (to suppress the .log files), and set output_txt to 0 (to suppress the .txt files.)

The log from the server looks normal.

The log from the server has a bunch of java errors that are not coming from my STVi. That may or may not be causing your problem. The other thing I notice is that there are no CommercialDetector messages in there at all. Are you sure you installed the CommercialDetector UI Mod on the SageClient?

If you did install the UI Mod I would guess that there is a collision with some of the plugins. Try debugging this by eliminating plugins one at a time. Keep looking at the logfile, when you see all of those EXCEPTIONS in there you know you found the culprit.

Old 09-21-2010, 02:55 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I modify a few settings in the ini, but nothing drastic. I set the verbose level to 0 (to suppress the .log files), and set output_txt to 0 (to suppress the .txt files.)

The log from the server looks normal.

The log from the server has a bunch of java errors that are not coming from my STVi. That may or may not be causing your problem. The other thing I notice is that there are no CommercialDetector messages in there at all. Are you sure you installed the CommercialDetector UI Mod on the SageClient?
yep, it's installed. I've removed and resintalled everything about 4 times. I've even tossed the Commercial detector folders within the SageTV structure (when the client and service are off of course) which didn't help.

The comskip process starts up on new recordings like a champ, there is just no indication of it at all on the interface. There use to be, at least in the header until Sunday's update. I've removed every other UI plugin too and the Java errors have stopped.

You said I should be seeing indications of the Commercial Detector within the client logs? You're right, there doesn't seem to be any mention anywhere.
What should I be seeing?

So I'm beginning to think the problems lies within the properties file of the client and maybe the server too. What are your entries and I'll try stripping all that out and remove/reinstall everything again.

Oh and one other tidbit. On one client which is still running Commercial Detector 0.6 and Commercial Detector UI 1.2, all the icons work just fine.
Thanks.

Last edited by phelme; 09-21-2010 at 03:10 PM. Reason: previous version
Old 09-21-2010, 05:07 PM
SageTVaholic

It could be a properties error. The best bet is to stop sage and delete everything in the properties file that starts with cd/. There should only be properties on the server. Check your client to make sure there are no properties there that start with cd/. If there are, delete them.

Also look into the STVs\SageTV7 directory on the SageClient to make sure there is only 1 PodcastRecorderSTVi.stvi file. The date should be 9/18/2010 7:53 AM and it should be 81KB.

If none of that works send me the STV that Sage creates by doing the following from your SageClient.

- Make sure CommercialDetector UI is the only UI Mod plugin installed.
- Press Ctrl-Shift-F12 to bring up Studio.
- Go to File->Save A Copy As ... and save it as xxxx.xml.
- Zip the xml and send it to me. I'm going to PM you my email address.

Old 09-22-2010, 08:07 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via ICQ to valnar
Is it possible to make this plugin also delete the corresponding .incommercial file when it deletes the other associated files?
Old 09-22-2010, 11:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by valnar View Post
Is it possible to make this plugin also delete the corresponding .incommercial file when it deletes the other associated files?
There is a Config setting for that already. Go to the plugin configuration and add .incommercial to the list of files to clean up.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:11 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
There is a Config setting for that already. Go to the plugin configuration and add .incommercial to the list of files to clean up.
Ah...thanks. Will do. But why wouldn't that be a default?
Old 09-22-2010, 01:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Ah...thanks. Will do. But why wouldn't that be a default?
Because I have no idea what .incommercial files are for or what program produces them

Tom

Old 09-22-2010, 01:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

FYI ... I replaced the fixed JAR with the old one, then went to the sage GUI and performed the update and everything worked like a charm.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:48 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Because I have no idea what .incommercial files are for or what program produces them
Oh. That makes two of us then. I assumed it was CommercialDetector.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Oh. That makes two of us then. I assumed it was CommercialDetector.
It might actually be comskip producing them during detection on live TV. I thought those files were automatically deleted when comskip found that the show being scanned was no longer "in a commercial". Are you using the default .ini that comes with CD or are you using an altered version?