SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 02-12-2013, 01:51 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
I've been spending a lot of time playing with this. I still can't believe I overlooked this gem. The author left it in a way where it's pretty much futureproof. You can customize it to do practically anything.

If you're just using basic/common video/audio streams, I think 1.0.5 might be best version. I have a couple of live TV RTMP streams that seem to only work with the absolutely latest nightlys... version 2.1.0.xxxx

Im using WFE for adding a couple of live TV channels to SageTV (which are only available via embedded media players on websites. On sageTV, it looks like just any other TV channel!
Hi mkanet,

I think I'm trying to accomplish what you said you already have working. I want to be able to watch/record live uStream channels right within SageTV.

I think I need to find the RTMP address for the channel I want to import into Sage, but I'm having problems doing that. After searching around the net, people suggest using WireShark to find uStream RTMP URLs.

I think I found the correct URL, but how can I test that the URL is correct? When I set it up in WFE, and select watch from the program guide, nothing shows up. First step is I need a way to confirm the RTMP is correct.

Do you think you could post up a video showing how to set up RTMP live feed channels in WFE and Sage? I'm new to all of this and am struggling.

I followed this video to get the initial setup, but after that I can't figure out how to get live streams to show up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX3vvly-OL8
Old 02-12-2013, 01:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Sure, np. Can you send me a url to an example channel you would like to see in sagetv (the normal url you use in your web browser you use to watch the channel currently). Ill make the video for you when I get home tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnyperBob View Post
Hi mkanet,

I think I'm trying to accomplish what you said you already have working. I want to be able to watch/record live uStream channels right within SageTV.

I think I need to find the RTMP address for the channel I want to import into Sage, but I'm having problems doing that. After searching around the net, people suggest using WireShark to find uStream RTMP URLs.

I think I found the correct URL, but how can I test that the URL is correct? When I set it up in WFE, and select watch from the program guide, nothing shows up. First step is I need a way to confirm the RTMP is correct.

Do you think you could post up a video showing how to set up RTMP live feed channels in WFE and Sage? I'm new to all of this and am struggling.

I followed this video to get the initial setup, but after that I can't figure out how to get live streams to show up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX3vvly-OL8

***RIP SageTV***
Old 02-13-2013, 03:48 PM
Sage User

I just sent you a PM, I got what you sent working, thank you for your help, looking forward to getting the last part of it working within Sage!
Old 03-09-2013, 08:57 PM
Sage User

Webfeedencoder is dead?

It seems pretty well correlated that an update to Java that I did yesterday has now made it so WFE doesn't work. I get some sage error saying it was unable to tune the channel on the tuner or some such error.

Anyone else run into this?

Thanks,

Mike

PS this sucks, as it is a great way for us to listen to radio through sage.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:33 PM
Sage User

WFE service will not stay started

Almost guaranteed this is tied to me updating Java. See picture.

Any thoughts? Any way WFE will be supported, or likely a lost cause?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Component Services_2013-03-09_21-30-55.jpg (72.6 KB, 249 views)
Old 03-09-2013, 09:49 PM
SageTVaholic

I recently upgraded to Java jre-7u15-windows-i586.exe. I didn't notice any change in WFE or any of my Java apps. There's no incompatibility for me. It's possible that your Java install might be corrupted. Try uninstalling the newer Java version and reinstalling it again. I would download the offline version of the Java installer instead of the Web-based online version to have a more reliable install of Java. If you STILL see the same thing happen after a full reinstall of Java, you can install your older Java version to prove whether the newer Java version is incompatible or not.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 03-10-2013, 10:41 AM
Sage User

Never mind...

I had some weird half complete installation of the new Java 7 release 17 download. Reinstalled that correctly, and WFE is working. Thanks!
Old 09-10-2016, 07:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

64 Bit OS trouble?

I'm trying to get WFE running on my Sage server, but the service fails to start. Looking at logs, it can't find:

wrapper-windows-x86-64.dll
wrapper.dll

at: C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\webfeedencoder\wrapper\

The logs contain a link to get the files: http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.org

However, the x64 (Windows Itanium) doesn't include a Community Edition.

I also get this error:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\webfeedencoder\libs\dsj.dll: Can't load IA 32-bit .dll on a AMD 64-bit platform

Reading through posts, it looks like the x64 users have got it to run, so what am I missing?
Intel Skulltrail D5400XS, Dual Quad Core Xeon L5420, Windows Server 2012 R2 on 200Gb partition, 32Gb RAM, 8x WD 2Tb RE4 RAID6 on LSI 9690SA-8I (DVD/Blu-Ray), 2x 4Tb HDDs (TV), Colossus, 2x HD-PVR, HDHR3 Prime, DirectTV STB, USB-UIRT, Sage v2 v3 v4 v5 v6 v7.1.9, Java v1.6 build 45, 3 Placeshifter licenses, and 3 HD-300's.
Plugins: Phoenix API, PlayOn For SageTV, Comskip Playback, YouTube, Nielm's Sage Utiities
Software: PlayOn, ComSkip Monitor, ComSkip
Old 09-25-2018, 04:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

Does this encoder work with Sage v9 and Linux?
Old 10-05-2018, 05:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary201 View Post
Does this encoder work with Sage v9 and Linux?
IIRC there is nothing in there that would not be compatible with v9.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.