SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 11-21-2011, 12:25 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
Welcome to the support thread for SREv3. This version of SRE requires SageTV v7. There are many key changes introduced in SREv3. The highlights include:
  • Support for the new SageTV event model
  • Support for the new SageTV Plugin Manager
  • Configuration of SRE settings via STV
  • Migration to new web service for event data (http://www.livepvrdata.com)
  • Complete overhaul of web interface

I apologize in advance for the lack of documentation, but I've been busy porting all my plugins to SageTV v7. Those familiar with SRE should find that, new looks aside, everything is pretty much the same.

One key change in SREv3 is the need for a Google Account. The Live PVR Data web service requires Google Account authentication. You must provide your Google Account id and password in order to use SREv3.

SREv3 is currently in beta. The beta tag is mainly to do with incomplete features. The port is not done, but monitoring of supported events is functional. Things like editing the global override map have not been ported yet, but will be before too long.

Please feel free to provide feedback and post support questions in this thread.
A couple of questions:

1. The link to livepvrdata doesn't work.
2. I can't see any way to authenticate using a google account. It's not in the configuration for the SRE plugin and the website itself doesn't even come up, so how is one suppose to authenticate?
3. If this has been answered later in the thread that's fine, but it ought to be up front. "Lack of documentation" is right!
Old 11-21-2011, 12:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by freewheeling View Post
A couple of questions:

1. The link to livepvrdata doesn't work.
There is no web site for livepvrdata, the web service works fine. There's nothing for you (the user) to do on that web site.

Quote:
2. I can't see any way to authenticate using a google account. It's not in the configuration for the SRE plugin and the website itself doesn't even come up, so how is one suppose to authenticate?
The Google Account requirements for SREv3 were removed when I took over the livepvrdata project. The Google auth requirement was hacked out of the latest build of SREv3. It will be properly removed from SREv4 (no ETA for v4 at this time). You do not need to setup Google Account auth, Google Account auth is no longer required for the plugin to work.

Quote:
3. If this has been answered later in the thread that's fine, but it ought to be up front. "Lack of documentation" is right!
All the answers are in the thread. Should the docs be updated? Sure. Can people search through the thread to find these (and other) answers? Yes. Do I accept wiki doc patches as a supplement to the available documentation? Yes.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 11-21-2011, 01:03 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
There is no web site for livepvrdata, the web service works fine. There's nothing for you (the user) to do on that web site.

The Google Account requirements for SREv3 were removed when I took over the livepvrdata project. The Google auth requirement was hacked out of the latest build of SREv3. It will be properly removed from SREv4 (no ETA for v4 at this time). You do not need to setup Google Account auth, Google Account auth is no longer required for the plugin to work.

All the answers are in the thread. Should the docs be updated? Sure. Can people search through the thread to find these (and other) answers? Yes. Do I accept wiki doc patches as a supplement to the available documentation? Yes.
You responded so quickly I can't really complain, but perhaps you could just put a note in the original post on this thread to the effect that Google account authentication is no longer an issue? It would have saved me a few hours trying to figure this out, and it would have saved you the time to post a response to my question.

But again, thanks for the quick response.

BTW, what Wiki doc? The first thing I looked for was a link to a website, but the only one listed was for the license information. This thread isn't even linked.

--Scott

Last edited by freewheeling; 11-21-2011 at 01:06 AM.
Old 11-21-2011, 11:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by freewheeling View Post
You responded so quickly I can't really complain, but perhaps you could just put a note in the original post on this thread to the effect that Google account authentication is no longer an issue? It would have saved me a few hours trying to figure this out, and it would have saved you the time to post a response to my question.
Good point. However, I'm working on v4, which is almost a complete rewrite and the docs are being updated for v4.

Quote:
BTW, what Wiki doc? The first thing I looked for was a link to a website, but the only one listed was for the license information. This thread isn't even linked.

--Scott
Forgot I deleted the old v3 wiki since it was outdated after the recent livepvrdata changes. I have a new wiki doc for v4 in progress, but it's unpublished at this point.

Basically, for v3, there is nothing required to get it working. Install the plugin and that's it - it will start monitoring recordings right away. If you need to create overrides, etc. then either install tmiranda's STVi for SRE or go to the web UI at http://your_ip:your_jetty_port/sre/
Old 12-18-2011, 08:01 PM
SageTVaholic

End of Life Notice

Please note that effective immediately, SREv3 is no longer supported. Please keep an eye out for the first release of SREv4, expected before Friday.

Note: SREv3 will continue to function uninterrupted until v4 is released. As a matter of fact, SREv3 will function without issue until some point in the future when the livepvrdata web service undergoes an API change that breaks SREv3 - only then will v3 no longer work. As it stands, no such API breaking changes are planned for livepvrdata in the near future. Basically this EOL notice just means I won't be making any more code changes nor releasing any new versions of SREv3.

Those who prefer v3 over v4 should be able to avoid upgrading for the foreseeable future.