SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 09-10-2011, 08:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond00 View Post
I don't know what I'm doing wrong but this is killing me. I installed the plugin and went to http://127.0.0.1:8080/sre/. I see the Options at the bottom just like the annoying popup tells me. I click it and see a few options, including Global Override Email. I enter my gmail account there, but am still getting this annoying popup which obviously means its not working.

Is there another Options menu? I noticed people talking about a server on port 8500, but nothing is running on that port for me. What's going on?!
What does the annoying popup say, exactly?
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 09-10-2011, 08:31 AM
Sage User

Thanks for the quick reply. I didn't list it because I figured it was the standard message. I said annoying because it pops up every time I navigate to the Home screen.

Code:
Error.

Your Google Account has not been properly registered for access to livepvrdata.com.

To correct this, go to the SRE web user interface and select Options at the bottom of the screen.
Sorry if my first post was a little grumpy...didn't get much sleep last night and my wife just told me I needed to take a nap.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond00 View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. I didn't list it because I figured it was the standard message. I said annoying because it pops up every time I navigate to the Home screen.

Code:
Error.

Your Google Account has not been properly registered for access to livepvrdata.com.

To correct this, go to the SRE web user interface and select Options at the bottom of the screen.
Sorry if my first post was a little grumpy...didn't get much sleep last night and my wife just told me I needed to take a nap.
Well the temp fix was mentioned but just two posts above your original. You simply needed to stop Sage and modify Sage.properties as outlined here. You'll notice that your original post sits just two below this link.

Anyway, fear not and ignore that fix because I just uploaded a new build that should automatically handle this situation. Once you upgrade, the popup should be suppressed.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Users, please check out this poll:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57021
Old 10-08-2011, 07:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Is SRE working for NHL this year? Under status I see an exclamation mark and when I look for today's games it doesn't show any games for the NHL at all.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:47 PM
Sage Fanatic

before i did overrides for the baseball playoffs today, i was seeing the exclamation point in red, but it went away after i inserted overrides.

just curious, how does a red exclamation point differ from the yellow triangle?
Old 10-08-2011, 09:38 PM
SageTVaholic

I don't know but my next few scheduled hockey games on Oct 15 and Oct 17 look okay.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Is SRE working for NHL this year? Under status I see an exclamation mark and when I look for today's games it doesn't show any games for the NHL at all.
NHL is working, sort of. It works for the current day and future dates. Recently (i.e. the last couple of days it seems), the source web page (cbssports.com) changed its format such that once every game for a day goes final then the HTML of the page changes to pure javascript, which is why SRE loses track of the games. This actually may happen sooner and if it does then I need to switch the source for NHL monitoring. I have a backup monitor in place (tsn.ca) for NHL, but I'm not around the house this weekend to make the switch. I will be this evening so I'll be able to monitor the situation then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat6man View Post
before i did overrides for the baseball playoffs today, i was seeing the exclamation point in red, but it went away after i inserted overrides.

just curious, how does a red exclamation point differ from the yellow triangle?
Yellow: SRE got a response from livepvrdata.com that was unsure of the status (i.e. the web page couldn't be downloaded and parsed)

Red: SRE got a response from livepvrdata.com that said it found the source web page, was able to parse it as expected and the game you told it to look for was not found on the web page. You either need an override or the parser is broken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
I don't know but my next few scheduled hockey games on Oct 15 and Oct 17 look okay.
Yeah, current (until all games go final, it seems) plus future dates are still working. Past dates aren't.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

Slugger, up until a couple of days ago the Auburn at LSU College Football game on the 22nd was showing that SRE was going to monitor the game, as of a day or two ago SRE is showing the monitor status as unknown. The game is listed as "Auburn at LSU" in my guide data and it is listed as "Auburn vs. LSU" monitored events data. This does not look like it needs an override to me. Any ideas as to how I get SRE to monitor the game again?

Also, SRE is flagging other random shows as monitor status unknown over the next 4 days, shows such as my daughters "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" on the 24th. Usually this status does not appear except for a show that has been recently set to record. Are these two issues linked?

Thanks so much for any help you can provide.
Clients: 2xHD300, 2xHD200, 2xPS, Client
SageTV/Plugins: v7.1.9, SageDCT, SRE, Comm Det, Jetty, Web Server, Mob Web, PlayOn, E/D Fav, Fav Ex, MF Stop, Enc Names
Old 10-20-2011, 11:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
Slugger, up until a couple of days ago the Auburn at LSU College Football game on the 22nd was showing that SRE was going to monitor the game, as of a day or two ago SRE is showing the monitor status as unknown. The game is listed as "Auburn at LSU" in my guide data and it is listed as "Auburn vs. LSU" monitored events data. This does not look like it needs an override to me. Any ideas as to how I get SRE to monitor the game again?

Also, SRE is flagging other random shows as monitor status unknown over the next 4 days, shows such as my daughters "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" on the 24th. Usually this status does not appear except for a show that has been recently set to record. Are these two issues linked?

Thanks so much for any help you can provide.
What are the errors in the sre.log file? If there was an intermittent issue with your internet connection, LAN connection, or the livepvrdata.com web site at the time when SRE did its daily look ahead on your schedule then this would happen (status unknown/yellow triangle). The log file should answer those questions. Wait 24 hours and if it was just an intermittent issue then it should auto correct itself. SRE always goes to the web when a recording starts - another way it attempts to address intermittent issues with accessing the status info.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:05 AM
Sage Fanatic

not sure what changed but i can't connect to SRE via web browser anymore.

i get this:

HTTP ERROR: 503

Problem accessing /sre/SRE3.html. Reason:

SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE

i'm also seeing java usage spiking in the red (java monitor plugin)

any suggestions? i tried rebooting the pc sagetv runs on but that didn't make the problem go away
Old 10-21-2011, 11:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
not sure what changed but i can't connect to SRE via web browser anymore.

i get this:

HTTP ERROR: 503

Problem accessing /sre/SRE3.html. Reason:

SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE

i'm also seeing java usage spiking in the red (java monitor plugin)

any suggestions? i tried rebooting the pc sagetv runs on but that didn't make the problem go away
Just SRE gives this error or all Jetty apps you have installed? (i.e. web interface, mobile web, SageAlert, BMT, etc.)
Old 10-21-2011, 07:14 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
Just SRE gives this error or all Jetty apps you have installed? (i.e. web interface, mobile web, SageAlert, BMT, etc.)
web interface works fine, that's the only other one i have installed, so it seems to be only SRE

java heap running high seems to be correlated with the onset of the problem.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
web interface works fine, that's the only other one i have installed, so it seems to be only SRE

java heap running high seems to be correlated with the onset of the problem.
Get a jetty debug log. My guess is you're somehow missing a required jar file, but the jetty logs should tell all.

http://code.google.com/p/sagetv-addo...tyDebugLogging
Old 10-22-2011, 07:35 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
What are the errors in the sre.log file? If there was an intermittent issue with your internet connection, LAN connection, or the livepvrdata.com web site at the time when SRE did its daily look ahead on your schedule then this would happen (status unknown/yellow triangle). The log file should answer those questions. Wait 24 hours and if it was just an intermittent issue then it should auto correct itself. SRE always goes to the web when a recording starts - another way it attempts to address intermittent issues with accessing the status info.
I looked through the log file and nothing jumps out that seems to correspond to the dates I thought this was happening over. I do however remember that about the time that the 4-5 shows of the 40ish upcoming recordings I had over the 14 day look ahead started showing an unknown status, that we did have a loss of our Comcast internet connection for a few hours. The unknown status stayed for those 4-5 recordings for about 2 days after that outage during which there was several recordings and a couple of EPG updates and I think a server reboot. However, of course after I posted the issue it fixed itself over night, so it looks like everything is fine now. I guess I should have just waited one more day. Let me know if you happen to want to see the log file just in case. Thanks so much for this great addon!
SageTV/Plugins: v7.1.9, SageDCT, SRE, Comm Det, Jetty, Web Server, Mob Web, PlayOn, E/D Fav, Fav Ex, MF Stop, Enc Names
Old 10-22-2011, 05:39 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Get a jetty debug log. My guess is you're somehow missing a required jar file, but the jetty logs should tell all.

http://code.google.com/p/sagetv-addo...tyDebugLogging
well, i'm happy but confused.

i went and stopped sagetv so i could edit the properties file to add jetty logging, and found that i had added it some time in the distant past and never removed it...............so i've been logging these jetty logs for a long long time now.
so, i started sagetv service back up again and went upstairs to try to log onto SRE remotely and trigger the problem in a new log file.

however, now SRE remote web access works fine!

no idea why but things are looking good now........

i'm attaching a log file from yesterday which does show some sort of errors and maybe that will give you a clue, but for now SRE is working again.
(by the way, when the remote web access was failing, my world series overrides were not working either, and now they are )
Attached Files
File Type: zip 2011_10_21.stderrout.zip (17.4 KB, 93 views)
Old 10-27-2011, 08:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Warning: SREv4 is coming...

For those who may be considering an SREv3 license purchase in the near future, please read this post first.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

Slugger, my Broncos favorite has picked up the NFL Football game with the New York Jets at Denver Broncos on 17 Nov. 2011, however SRE says the monitor status is invalid. Why is SRE not able to monitor that game? I tried adding an override in SageTV and on the web GUI changing the New York Jets to NY Jets like the "Today's Events" usually has the Jets, but in SageTV it does not apply the override and the web GUI gives me the "Invalid Override" error. One puzzling thing is that the 17th game is a Thursday night game. I setup a manual recording for the game this Thursday night (10th) (Oakland at San Diego) and SRE says it will monitor that but it is not listed in the list of "Today's Events," and neither is the 17th game. Any ideas?

Thanks so much.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
Slugger, my Broncos favorite has picked up the NFL Football game with the New York Jets at Denver Broncos on 17 Nov. 2011, however SRE says the monitor status is invalid. Why is SRE not able to monitor that game? I tried adding an override in SageTV and on the web GUI changing the New York Jets to NY Jets like the "Today's Events" usually has the Jets, but in SageTV it does not apply the override and the web GUI gives me the "Invalid Override" error. One puzzling thing is that the 17th game is a Thursday night game. I setup a manual recording for the game this Thursday night (10th) (Oakland at San Diego) and SRE says it will monitor that but it is not listed in the list of "Today's Events," and neither is the 17th game. Any ideas?

Thanks so much.
For events in the future, visit:

http://www.livepvrdata.com/events.jsp?date=yyyymmdd

So for Nov 17, visit:

http://www.livepvrdata.com/events.jsp?date=20111117

When you load that page, you'll see that it's listing the game as "New York vs. Denver". That's the override you'd need as of today. This is bad because you'll notice it's using New York for both the Jets and Giants. I'm assuming the source web site will fix that before Nov 17, if not then I'll update the global map for those teams. For events 2 weeks into the future, you can usually ignore an invalid monitor error - I'd really only worry about it if it were still showing as invalid 48 hrs (or less) before the kickoff. As it stands, SRE validates an event once a day.

Note, if you don't specify the date parameter in the URL above, it defaults to the current day's date.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
For events in the future, visit:

http://www.livepvrdata.com/events.jsp?date=yyyymmdd

So for Nov 17, visit:

http://www.livepvrdata.com/events.jsp?date=20111117

When you load that page, you'll see that it's listing the game as "New York vs. Denver". That's the override you'd need as of today. This is bad because you'll notice it's using New York for both the Jets and Giants. I'm assuming the source web site will fix that before Nov 17, if not then I'll update the global map for those teams. For events 2 weeks into the future, you can usually ignore an invalid monitor error - I'd really only worry about it if it were still showing as invalid 48 hrs (or less) before the kickoff. As it stands, SRE validates an event once a day.

Note, if you don't specify the date parameter in the URL above, it defaults to the current day's date.
Slugger, thanks so much for looking into this and the explanation. Strange that it just says "New York," but that makes sense as to why it can not validate the monitor. I will keep a watch on it.

Thanks again.