SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 05-08-2011, 03:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Summer shutdown...

Well, it's that time of the year again where I tend to step away from the keyboard and spend more time doing other things.

With no open bugs against SREv3 at the moment, I have no plans for any updates to SRE until the fall. With that said, I will be monitoring the user forums and will address major bugs in a (relatively) timely manner throughout the summer. I'll also continue to monitor and answer any questions, etc. in this thread.

If there are any pressing issues you feel should be addressed sooner than later (i.e. the fall) then now is the time to speak up. I'm doing some bug fixes in other plugins this week and will address any SRE issues that need addressing during that time. After that window, I have no plans to touch any of the SRE code until the fall.

Come autumn, I am planning SRE 3.1, which will add many new enhancements to the current monitoring engine.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 05-09-2011, 05:33 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
Well, it's that time of the year again where I tend to step away from the keyboard and spend more time doing other things.

With no open bugs against SREv3 at the moment, I have no plans for any updates to SRE until the fall. With that said, I will be monitoring the user forums and will address major bugs in a (relatively) timely manner throughout the summer. I'll also continue to monitor and answer any questions, etc. in this thread.

If there are any pressing issues you feel should be addressed sooner than later (i.e. the fall) then now is the time to speak up. I'm doing some bug fixes in other plugins this week and will address any SRE issues that need addressing during that time. After that window, I have no plans to touch any of the SRE code until the fall.

Come autumn, I am planning SRE 3.1, which will add many new enhancements to the current monitoring engine.
enjoy!!!
Old 05-27-2011, 08:52 AM
Sage Fanatic

hi slugger,

sorry to bug you during your summer SRE hiatus, but i was wondering if you had any thoughts on the following:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...55&postcount=1

basically i'm trying to find a way to have sagetv record home games and not away games (or vice versa) when both home and away broadcasts are being televised on mlb extra innings.

any thoughts?

Last edited by cat6man; 05-27-2011 at 09:07 AM.
Old 05-28-2011, 06:54 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hey Slugger,

Not sure if this has been discussed or thought about, but how hard would it be to take this plugin and have it monitor a sports event, not because it's recorded, but b/c you're recording shows after the sporting event that you don't want to miss.

I've had sporting events extend into the following shows and partially or fully fill the time slot, so the show I want is missed.

Thanks.

Todd
Old 05-28-2011, 07:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchapin View Post
Hey Slugger,

Not sure if this has been discussed or thought about, but how hard would it be to take this plugin and have it monitor a sports event, not because it's recorded, but b/c you're recording shows after the sporting event that you don't want to miss.

I've had sporting events extend into the following shows and partially or fully fill the time slot, so the show I want is missed.

Thanks.

Todd
Read this post.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:48 PM
SageTVaholic

License Pricing Changes Coming...

sagetv-addons licensing is changing soon. Details are outlined here. For those that may be considering a license purchase, you may want to read that doc closely, especially this FAQ question and answer.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:37 PM
SageTVaholic

WARNING: Override required for Stanley Cup Final

My EPG (fed by Zap2It) is listing the Stanley Cup Final games as:

Title: 2011 Stanley Cup Final
Episode: TBA at Vancouver Canucks

You will need to override the title to "NHL Hockey" (no quotes) and, of course, supply both teams playing so override the episode to "Boston at Vancouver" (no quotes).

I sent a message to the livepvrdata.com team, but I just noticed this now and so I doubt I'll hear back from them before 20:00 EDT and even if I do, an update to livepvrdata.com to handle the title is unlikely anyway. Even if they do, you'd still need to override the episode to include Boston.

I also notice similar issues with the NBA Finals. Those recording that will also need overrides for each game.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:49 PM
SageTVaholic

i dont know why the CBC can't update the data -they have for the later games in the series. This also happened in the last rountd they had a lot of TBAs.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
My EPG (fed by Zap2It) is listing the Stanley Cup Final games as:

Title: 2011 Stanley Cup Final
Episode: TBA at Vancouver Canucks

You will need to override the title to "NHL Hockey" (no quotes) and, of course, supply both teams playing so override the episode to "Boston at Vancouver" (no quotes).

I sent a message to the livepvrdata.com team, but I just noticed this now and so I doubt I'll hear back from them before 20:00 EDT and even if I do, an update to livepvrdata.com to handle the title is unlikely anyway. Even if they do, you'd still need to override the episode to include Boston.

I also notice similar issues with the NBA Finals. Those recording that will also need overrides for each game.
Since Boston beat Tampa can you please put in some code to make sure that if anybody is using the plugin in the Boston area their recording stops half way through the 3rd period

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Since Boston beat Tampa can you please put in some code to make sure that if anybody is using the plugin in the Boston area their recording stops half way through the 3rd period
Then they'd have missed the Torres goal with 19 seconds left that cost Boston game 1!
Old 06-06-2011, 09:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweber1nj View Post
I still don't understand some of the points, but as I said, it seems you have thought this through quite a bit, so I'll "sit down and shut up" now.
Okay, my turn then! Slugger, I did read the posts above this, as well as the one you pointed to in the other thread, and the duplicate request below it. Having read all this and how complicated people are trying to make this, what about something simpler than extending every subsequent show?

What about triggering a reschedule event for a subsequent show if you trigger SRE to extend into the next EPG block where a show is scheduled for? If it finds one, GREAT... reschedule. If not, ignore and record as normal. I know SJQ v3 has a reschedule event it could trigger and I use that for rescheduling SD recordings when an HD one is found.

I'm no dev, so of course it sounds simple in MY head.
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 06-06-2011, 10:46 AM
SageTVaholic

@Slugger - A question on global overrides.

When I change "2011 Stanley Cup Final" to "NHL Hockey" it asks if I want to set this as a global override. I say yes, but the override only seems to pertain to the team names only and not to the title - shouldn't you be able to apply the override to the title as well?

Maybe something to add for the fall when you get back to the next version.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post
What about triggering a reschedule event for a subsequent show if you trigger SRE to extend into the next EPG block where a show is scheduled for? If it finds one, GREAT... reschedule. If not, ignore and record as normal. I know SJQ v3 has a reschedule event it could trigger and I use that for rescheduling SD recordings when an HD one is found.

I'm no dev, so of course it sounds simple in MY head.
Hmmm... that's an interesting take on the problem. The only reservation I have about it is that you then imply that SRE looks for and monitors events that aren't scheduled to be recorded just to find out if that event goes beyond it's EPG schedule so you can find out if something else scheduled for that channel needs to be rescheduled. That's a problem. Not an insurmountable problem, but one that would definitely have to be addressed. I will say, however, that this is the first solution to this "problem" I'm willing to really consider implementing. Bravo!

If you would, summarize this idea in an issue ticket so that I remember about it in the fall when I get back into looking at this code more seriously.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
@Slugger - A question on global overrides.

When I change "2011 Stanley Cup Final" to "NHL Hockey" it asks if I want to set this as a global override. I say yes, but the override only seems to pertain to the team names only and not to the title - shouldn't you be able to apply the override to the title as well?

Maybe something to add for the fall when you get back to the next version.
I'm going to let you in on a little secret. You don't need to create global overrides for any pro sports. When you do, I get an auto email and then have to go in and clean it up.

Why? All the supported pro sports already have all the teams inserted into the online global mapping structure. The global map only maps team names from Z2I listings to team names as found on the source web site used to monitor the events. There is no mapping of sports because it's unnecessary (because team names are unique).

Really, a future update of SRE should remove the option to create global overrides for all pro sports. The feature is there for NCAA. Because of the number of NCAA schools and a lack of an official list of school names as they appear in Z2I listings and on the source web sites, there is just no way to provide the mappings ahead of time for NCAA schools. Therefore, when SRE says an override is necessary, that's when you create your override and then add it to the global map. Eventually, someday, all NCAA schools will be mapped out. But even for NCAA, you should never add mappings like TBA > Syracuse because TBA does not uniquely map to Syracuse -- or Boston Bruins or any team, of course. Global mappings should only be added when the mapping is unique. Such as Z2I lists a USC game as "University of Southern California at Oregon", but livepvrdata.com shows the game as "USC at Oregon". This is where you would add a global override to the map that maps "University of Southern California" > "USC" (this one's already in the map). As I say, all the pro sports are already in there because there's only 20-30 teams for each league and they're all well known mappings so they were preinserted a long time ago.

Creating a global override for a pro team, such as TBA > Boston Bruins is invalid because TBA does not always equal Boston Bruins, so I have to go and clean that out for the livepvrdata.com team every time that happens. Not really a big deal, but now I'm just letting you know it doesn't need to be done. You still must create the override locally on your SRE installation to monitor that game, but you shouldn't create the global override because it's invalid.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Hmmm... that's an interesting take on the problem. The only reservation I have about it is that you then imply that SRE looks for and monitors events that aren't scheduled to be recorded just to find out if that event goes beyond it's EPG schedule so you can find out if something else scheduled for that channel needs to be rescheduled.
That's why you're the dev. That never crossed my mind.

Quote:
That's a problem. Not an insurmountable problem, but one that would definitely have to be addressed. I will say, however, that this is the first solution to this "problem" I'm willing to really consider implementing. Bravo!
Awesome! ...and thanks!

Quote:
If you would, summarize this idea in an issue ticket so that I remember about it in the fall when I get back into looking at this code more seriously.
Done. That's the absolute least I could do.
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 06-06-2011, 01:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
You still must create the override locally on your SRE installation to monitor that game, but you shouldn't create the global override because it's invalid.
OK - I thought that the override would just allow me to fix all of the remaining instances for the Stanley Cup Finals with one correction rather than having to do it individually for each remaining game.

But now that I see how it works that makes a lot of sense.

For pro teams do they have multiple aliases for each team (where required) - like NY Rangers = New York Rangers = N.Y. Rangers, etc.

But you can't do overrides for Show Titles? That's not really an SRE issue but it would be nice for ensuring consistent metadata for TV shows.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
For pro teams do they have multiple aliases for each team (where required) - like NY Rangers = New York Rangers = N.Y. Rangers, etc.
Yes, this is done as needed.

Quote:
But you can't do overrides for Show Titles? That's not really an SRE issue but it would be nice for ensuring consistent metadata for TV shows.
It's never been needed until now. This is the first time I've ever seen Z2I list the Stanley Cup Finals as "2011 Stanley Cup Final" instead of "NHL Hockey" and the NBA Finals as "2011 NBA Finals" instead of "NBA Basketball". I've actually been in discussions with livevprdata team about this situation. We agree it needs to be addressed, but it won't be addressed any time soon (i.e. no chance it happens before the end of the NBA/NHL playoffs this season).
Old 06-06-2011, 02:06 PM
SageTVaholic

It's interesting that both CBC and NBC show this as 2011 Stanley Cup Final. I wonder who decides on the titles - I would have thought that it is the TV network but perhaps it is the league?
Old 06-06-2011, 02:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It's interesting that both CBC and NBC show this as 2011 Stanley Cup Final. I wonder who decides on the titles - I would have thought that it is the TV network but perhaps it is the league?
Nah, it's almost definitely Z2I. They definitely normalize titles and subtitles for shows that have the same ShowID. They definitely guarantee that two shows airing on different channels with the same show id will have the same title, episode and probably the same description (title/episode for sure). For whatever reason, this season they've decided to rename the championship series.
Old 06-12-2011, 03:19 PM
SageTVaholic

livepvrdata.com adds support for new event type...

Wait for it... wait for it... are you ready!!!?

livepvrdata.com now is able to monitor... drum roll...

CFL football

I don't think this is big news for most users of SRE, but I'm sure there are a few Canadian users who will appreciate this, myself not being one of them, but, hey, a new monitored event type is a new monitored event type! Figured I'd pass along the news.

The update has been deployed on livepvrdata.com and SRE will immediately support it with no update required. Enjoy!!