SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 01-31-2011, 11:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptzink View Post
Thanks. Where should I 'open a ticket'? I am not aware of a forum thread for the UI and I am thinking Sage wouldn't support it since it is a plugin. I guess I could just PM tmiranda directly.
This issue should now be fixed. Please post here if it it still does not work.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
This issue should now be fixed. Please post here if it it still does not work.
Yep. Got the update yesterday and it is working! Thanks for snuffing this one out so quickly.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:38 PM
Sage Fanatic

hi slugger,

looks like you have an interesting team up there this year! could be a sleeper in the al east.

any idea if spring training games will be SRE-able? so far, MLB.com looks like they'll need an override as the opponents are not even showing up in the EPG, but i guess the key is whether or not game updates are going to be available to you.

cheers (and thanks again for my all time favorite plugin)
Old 02-25-2011, 09:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat6man View Post
hi slugger,

looks like you have an interesting team up there this year! could be a sleeper in the al east.

any idea if spring training games will be SRE-able? so far, MLB.com looks like they'll need an override as the opponents are not even showing up in the EPG, but i guess the key is whether or not game updates are going to be available to you.

cheers (and thanks again for my all time favorite plugin)
Preseason games are always hit and miss. Most games are tape delayed and this usually confuses SRE to the point that I don't feel the risk is worth the reward. However, there are some new EPG enhancements coming down the pipe for Sage 7.1. The key ones to help with SRE haven't been released yet. If they are released before spring training starts then you will probably get spring training support built into SRE. If not, then I'll probably hold off on it. As long as espn.com has the live scores in its feed then you can always override the title of spring training games from "Preason MLB Baseball" (or whatever it is) to just "MLB Baseball" and then SRE will attempt to monitor it. Be sure you're not trying to monitor a tape delayed game or SRE will get confused and probably not do what you want it to do. Be sure to check www.livepvrdata.com/events.jsp on the first day of spring training (after 12:00 EST) to check if the games are showing up in the ESPN feed.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 03-05-2011, 12:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Update 1415: Read from Team role for game info

Update 1415 is now in the repository. The only change in this release is the addition of support for the Sage 7.1 beta's new "Team" role in EPG data. Basically, if an event's EPG data contains the teams listed in the team role, SRE now grabs that data and uses it instead of trying to deduce the team data from the show's subtitle.

If you're not running Sage 7.1 or the EPG data is missing the Team role data then SRE will happily fall back to the old method.

The code changes were minor in SRE, but it did require an update upstream in the livepvrdata APIs. This update includes those new API jars, but I've been warned that the API enhancements added to support this feature were only lightly tested, but sufficiently tested to allow me to use it. I did my testing on my end and it all looks to me, but if you do see anything funny then please let me know ASAP.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:35 PM
SageTVaholic

sagetv-addons licensing requirements...

This is a warning that all future enhancements of SREv3 will require a sagetv-addons license file to unlock and enable. Current features will not be disabled or restricted in any way. Required bug fixes of current features will not require a license. Basically, what's available in 3.0.0.1415 will remain fully functional without a donation. All future enhancements that haven't been released yet will be locked without a license file.

Users who have a license file for my other plugins (SageAlert and/or SJQv4) will NOT need to donate again. The same license file will work with SREv3.

The latest update of SREv3 just added to the repository now simply applies the licensing check to the application. It does NOT restrict the app if a license is not found, but rather generates an info level system message explaining what's ahead.

After a lot of thought, this is what I came up with when deciding on how to proceed with SREv3. I think this is the best of both worlds. For more details on why I moved to a licensing platform for (some) of my plugins, please read this wiki/FAQ.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:07 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
This is a warning that all future enhancements of SREv3 will require a sagetv-addons license file to unlock and enable. Current features will not be disabled or restricted in any way. Required bug fixes of current features will not require a license. Basically, what's available in 3.0.0.1415 will remain fully functional without a donation. All future enhancements that haven't been released yet will be locked without a license file.

Users who have a license file for my other plugins (SageAlert and/or SJQv4) will NOT need to donate again. The same license file will work with SREv3.

The latest update of SREv3 just added to the repository now simply applies the licensing check to the application. It does NOT restrict the app if a license is not found, but rather generates an info level system message explaining what's ahead.

After a lot of thought, this is what I came up with when deciding on how to proceed with SREv3. I think this is the best of both worlds. For more details on why I moved to a licensing platform for (some) of my plugins, please read this wiki/FAQ.
hi slugger,

while i am perfectly happy with current features only and don't 'need' future enhancements, i happily accept the honor of being the first to respond with 'the check is (or will be) in the mail'..................SRE is my all time favorite plugin even if it never evolves from where it is today and $7.50 is a small price for what my daughter would call 'awesome sauce'
Old 03-08-2011, 06:45 AM
SageTVaholic

New feature: "Post Game" Padding

The latest version of SREv3 includes a new feature that I've called post game padding. When set, a recording will have padding added to it at the end when the event is determined to be completed. This allows you to record a post game show, if desired. Set the option from the web UI or plugin configuration in the STV.

This is the first SREv3 enhancement that requires a sagetv-addons license. Unlicensed versions of SREv3 will allow the setting of this option, but monitored recordings will ignore it.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Do I need to update the UI?

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Do I need to update the UI?
Nope. It's all handled in the plugin config.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:12 PM
Sage Fanatic

hi folks,

it looks to me like the SRE UI plugin (not SRE, just the UI for it) is one of the plugins causing really slow refresh screens with sage7.1.........i disabled the plugin and the problem went away

cheers
Old 03-10-2011, 07:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
hi folks,

it looks to me like the SRE UI plugin (not SRE, just the UI for it) is one of the plugins causing really slow refresh screens with sage7.1.........i disabled the plugin and the problem went away

cheers
I'll look into it as soon as reasonably possible. I just installed 7.1.3 only to find out we're now on 7.1.4.....

Thanks for letting me know there is a problem.

Tom

Old 03-11-2011, 08:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
hi folks,

cheers
I just fired up the SRE UI on 7.1.5 and at first glance it seems to be OK. Usually STVi errors due to STV changes are pretty obvious to see, and I don't see any. Can you tell me if you only have SRE installed do you get the slowdowns? If it happens with other plugins please let me know which ones (maybe a collision is happening.) What functions are you using?

Old 03-14-2011, 07:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

NCAA Tournament

Slugger (et all), how will SRE handle the NCAA tournament games? In my EPG, episode info just says NCAA Tournament, Second Round: Teams TBA. It says the same thing for every time slot. I am not sure if the EPG will update with more specific information with team matchups in the episode name before Thursday/Friday. If it doesn't, I am assuming SRE will not work on these games. Correct?
PS - I would like to send you a donation for SRE sometime soon. Do I need to specify which product I am donating towards for my license or is it good for all of your 'products'?
PSS - Boiler Up!
Old 03-15-2011, 06:55 AM
SageTVaholic

You will need to create an override for each game that doesn't have specific team info. You can do this from the web UI or the STVi, if you have it installed.

There is going to be an issue with monitoring 12:00 games. The ESPN Bottom Line feed, which is used for NCAA monitoring, does not update each day until 12:00 so SRE can't look ahead until 12:00, but the recording will start at 12:00. So, unfortunately, if you don't have the override set properly before 12:00 then SRE will not be able to monitor the game. I'm looking to address this in SRE 3.1, but there is no eta for that release (certainly won't be ready before end of March Madness). This will be especially troublesome for the high vs. low seeds early on since the required override value for the lesser known schools is unknown until it shows up in the ESPN feed. To get the required override values, check out http://www.livepvrdata.com/events.jsp after 12:00 ET on the day of the game.

A single donation is good for all projects. The received license is good for all plugins that require one.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:21 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
I just fired up the SRE UI on 7.1.5 and at first glance it seems to be OK. Usually STVi errors due to STV changes are pretty obvious to see, and I don't see any. Can you tell me if you only have SRE installed do you get the slowdowns? If it happens with other plugins please let me know which ones (maybe a collision is happening.) What functions are you using?
i backed out to 7.1.2 and will try 7.1.5 again later today.

so far, only SRE UI interface changes the UI response time, but i'll go back and double check.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:22 AM
Sage Fanatic

hi slugger,
i've installed the license file for add-ons but i keep getting daily SRE3 messages that i don't have it installed..........anything i should check?
if i didn't have it installed, should i still be getting a daily message?
cheers
Old 03-15-2011, 07:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
hi slugger,
i've installed the license file for add-ons but i keep getting daily SRE3 messages that i don't have it installed..........anything i should check?
cheers
Did you register your email address in the sagetv-addons license server plugin? If so, did you register it case sensitive? In v1.0.0 of the license server, the email address had to be registered in the exact same case as used with your paypal account:

john@doe.com != John@doe.com

I released v1.0.1 of the license server earlier this morning, which fixes that. If that was your problem then upgrade the license server and you should be good to go. If you look in the log file of the license server (SageTV/plugins/salicense/) then it should tell you why the license validation is failing.

You should not be getting a "daily" message from SRE, but rather a message each time the plugin is started. If you restart SageTV daily then, yes, that message is generated daily. I'll probably change that in a future release. The intent wasn't to nag, but just to bring attention to the fact that (new) features are now disabled. I didn't consider the case where one may restart Sage and/or the plugin more often than I expected, which would then definitely make the message seem like a nag to donate.

Last edited by Slugger; 03-15-2011 at 08:10 AM.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
hi slugger,
cheers
A new build of SRE is being uploaded now that removes the system message generated when no license is found. These details are now only logged to the sre.log file.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:48 AM
SageTVaholic

March Madness support fixed; future event lookup now supported

A bunch of updates were just released into production on the livepvrdata.com service. These updates are automatically picked up immediately by SREv3 with no new plugin update required. The highlights of these updates include:

1) Full support for March Madness implemented.

2) Future event lookup now possible for all ESPN backed monitors.

What does this mean? You can now look ahead to see how event overrides should look for NCAA games.

Simply visit http://www.livepvrdata.com/events.jsp?date=yyyymmdd

If you don't specify the date then it uses today's. So if you want to see what events can be monitored for Friday, just use 20110318 as the date value in the URL. Then you can set your overrides in SRE ahead of time and not have to worry about not being able to monitor games.

These updates come at a perfect time since it addresses the override issues I've discussed over the last couple of days. The livepvrdata service is using different feeds now from espn.com, which does not have the limitations of the Bottom Line feeds (such as data not available until 12:00 ET each day, etc). All overrides should be validated immediately now.