SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 09-10-2010, 10:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat6man View Post
just curious.........why is it case sensitive?
It just always has been. I could possibly supply a patch to livepvrdata to make the title case insensitive, but I know the team names have to be case sensitive given the way they implemented that part of the engine. Because of that, I think it makes sense to keep it all case sensitive now, for consistency.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 09-10-2010, 11:21 AM
Sage Fanatic

guess i never noticed case sensitivity before since i would copy/paste from another favorite that was being monitored.

in any case, i just re-tested and used proper upper/lower case via hd200 extender and all is fine.

being able to override from the UI is a huge benefit for me, since my sagetv machine is in the basement and my home office pc is in the attic........now i just do overrides from the TV sets........awesome

great job guys (and thank you)
Old 09-10-2010, 01:54 PM
SageTVaholic

SRE is a "must have" for me for football season. I'm lazy and do not want to go to the PC to make sure my Hurricanes game is being monitored

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:05 PM
Sage Fanatic

just thinking out loud here........

there are only a small finite set of valid 'titles', right? (like MLB Baseball)

would it be possible to have them appear in a drop down menu for selection in the STVi? that would eliminate 1/2 the typing which isn't that easy on an extender via remote.

also, when i use youtube and do a search on the extender, i get a full keyboard to work with. could that be made available via STVi instead of the current one that requires multiple steps (a/b/c, etc) per letter? i find it easier to move around with arrows (and don't have to look at the remote!) than the (a/b/c) method on the remote

Last edited by cat6man; 09-10-2010 at 03:07 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
just thinking out loud here........

there are only a small finite set of valid 'titles', right? (like MLB Baseball)

would it be possible to have them appear in a drop down menu for selection in the STVi? that would eliminate 1/2 the typing which isn't that easy on an extender via remote.

also, when i use youtube and do a search on the extender, i get a full keyboard to work with. could that be made available via STVi instead of the current one that requires multiple steps (a/b/c, etc) per letter? i find it easier to move around with arrows (and don't have to look at the remote!) than the (a/b/c) method on the remote
Re: titles: Yes.

Re: STVi changes... tmiranda??
Old 09-10-2010, 03:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Those enhancements are do-able. I'll start looking at it to see how difficult they will be.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:38 PM
Sage Fanatic

hi guys,

a couple of issues, part sre and part stvi

1. i tested some overrides from the stvi this morning and they went fine.
i then deleted those recordings, but still got warnings for them tonight (when the recordings were scheduled to start), so it looks like some cleanup didn't happen

2. a normal favorite recording of the red sox started up fine tonight.
however, when i look at my sage recordings, i see a circle with a play arrow inside it displayed over the normal recording icon (they are overlapping)......i'm not sure why the circle with arrow is being used at all, but it also shows up in the sre view.

not an sre issue but i have no audio for the game also, which i now have to troubleshoot (could be hd-pvr, could be latest hd200 update today, etc)

have a nice weekend guys
Old 09-10-2010, 09:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
hi guys,

a couple of issues, part sre and part stvi

1. i tested some overrides from the stvi this morning and they went fine.
i then deleted those recordings, but still got warnings for them tonight (when the recordings were scheduled to start), so it looks like some cleanup didn't happen
I cannot reproduce this. If you cancel a recording, SRE should cleanup the overrides and monitor status for those recordings within 30 mins - and that's what I'm seeing. If you can constantly reproduce this then please tell me how so I can reproduce it and fix it. If you cancel the recording less than 30 minutes before it's scheduled to start then you probably will get the warnings - that's an edge case that I should probably fix.

Quote:
2. a normal favorite recording of the red sox started up fine tonight.
however, when i look at my sage recordings, i see a circle with a play arrow inside it displayed over the normal recording icon (they are overlapping)......i'm not sure why the circle with arrow is being used at all, but it also shows up in the sre view.
This is as designed. I believe tmiranda said there was no room to put the SRE status icon beside the core icon so he overlaid them. That play button is the SRE status icon for an active recording being monitored. They are the exact same icons used in the web interface.

Quote:
not an sre issue but i have no audio for the game also, which i now have to troubleshoot (could be hd-pvr, could be latest hd200 update today, etc)

have a nice weekend guys
This one definitely isn't our department.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:31 PM
Sage Fanatic

1. the recordings were cancelled last night and this morning. i'll let you know if it happens again.

2. maybe the overlay icon could be made a lot smaller, so the recording icon was more visible? just a thought.

3. sound issue definitely not yours, agreed
Old 09-11-2010, 04:09 AM
Sage Aficionado

Just checked out the new STVi... looks great!

But, I may have found a defect in the STVi. With the SRE STVi enabled, I lose the ability to look at the "Airing Options" screen when surfing the Guide.

For example:

1. Enable SRE STVi
2. Navigate to the Guide
3. Select a show to view its Program Information
4. Pressing Enter does nothing, but should display the Airing Options
5. Disable SRE STVi
6. Navigate to the Guide
7. Select a show to view its Program Information
8. Pressing Enter correctly displays the Airing Options

This only seems to be a problem from the Guide. I don't have this issue when viewing the Options for an already recorded program.

Thanks! And keep up the good work!
Old 09-11-2010, 08:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
How did you delete the recordings?

Old 09-11-2010, 08:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecadet View Post
But, I may have found a defect in the STVi. With the SRE STVi enabled, I lose the ability to look at the "Airing Options" screen when surfing the Guide.
I can't reproduce this. Does it have this behavior for all items in the guide or only items which have an SRE monitor? What guide view are you using?

Thanks,

Tom

Old 09-11-2010, 08:31 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
How did you delete the recordings?
recording options
cancel recording
Old 09-11-2010, 11:18 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I can't reproduce this. Does it have this behavior for all items in the guide or only items which have an SRE monitor? What guide view are you using?

Thanks,

Tom
Hmmm... Just to be sure, I disabled all other UI plugins, then enabled only the SRE plugin. And I definitely see this behavior.

I am using the stock program guide. But, it appears to happen for any program that is airing in the future - whether SRE will monitor it or not (I see the same behavior in the Recording Schedule).

Just to be clear on what I am seeing:

1. Press "Guide" on the remote (to display the Program Guide)
2. Press "Info" on the remote (to display the Program Information)
3. Press "Enter" on the remote (to display the Airing Options)

The issue is that in Step #3, pressing Enter on the remote does not bring up the Airing Options dialog.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:32 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Hmmm... Just to be sure, I disabled all other UI plugins, then enabled only the SRE plugin. And I definitely see this behavior.
And, just for fun, I turned on logging for the HD200, but there's nothing useful in that log. I can see that it's logging the keypress when I it ENTER on the remote, but that's all the log shows.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

Google Error

I see these in my log file:
010-09-09 19:16:24,080 ERROR [OverrideValidator]: No Google auth tokens available - you must register with Google!
2010-09-09 19:16:24,080 ERROR [OverrideValidator]: No Google auth tokens available - you must register with Google!
2010-09-09 19:16:24,080 ERROR [OverrideValidator]: No Google auth tokens available - you must register with Google!
2010-09-09 19:16:24,096 ERROR [OverrideValidator]: No Google auth tokens available - you must register with Google!
2010-09-09 19:16:24,096 ERROR [OverrideValidator]: No Google auth tokens available - you must register with Google!

It also says this:
2010-09-09 19:16:24,049 INFO [DataStore]: Using DB: jdbc:h2:tcp://sage:9092/plugins/sre/sre.db

I am using 8080 in the webrowser. Is that correct?

When I first setup this plugin I went to my webrowser on my WHs server (http://sage:8080/sre) and it asked for a gmail login info. I did this and copy/pasted the token and it said it was successful. I do not see anywhere to enter the info again?
Old 09-11-2010, 05:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Go to the web ui, click on the Options button then click on "Change Google Account".
Old 09-12-2010, 04:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

I am using the stock program guide. But, it appears to happen for any program that is airing in the future - whether SRE will monitor it or not (I see the same behavior in the Recording Schedule).

Just to be clear on what I am seeing:

1. Press "Guide" on the remote (to display the Program Guide)
2. Press "Info" on the remote (to display the Program Information)
3. Press "Enter" on the remote (to display the Airing Options)

The issue is that in Step #3, pressing Enter on the remote does not bring up the Airing Options dialog.
I was using a Keyboard, I'll check using the remote later today.

Old 09-12-2010, 07:46 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I was using a Keyboard, I'll check using the remote later today.
I just tried with the keyboard and it didn't work with keyboard either. Am I the only one experiencing this issue with the SRE STVi?
Old 09-12-2010, 07:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I just tried with the keyboard and it didn't work with keyboard either. Am I the only one experiencing this issue with the SRE STVi?
Nope, I can reproduce this (remote only - never tried with keyboard b/c I'm always using HD200s).