SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 09-05-2010, 09:05 AM
SageTVaholic

I've got a Linux server and a WinXP Home SP3 server (core 7.0.16 on both). No firewall on either and both are running H2 server + SRE fine. Something is wrong with the TCP server port for H2 (port 9092) on your system. All of those H2 errors in the SRE log are "connection refused" meaning that the H2 TCP server isn't running, has crashed, or something is blocking access to it.

Quote:
weren't we using H2 previously? and wouldn't it have been working before?
what would have changed this past week?
SRE was migrated to H2 (from SQLite) in build 976. The first release to the repository would have been 3.0.0.977. If you upgraded to 977 and that worked for you then something happened to your H2 plugin in the meantime, if you never moved to 977 and went from 975 to 98x then it seems your H2 plugin was never working properly. It all comes down to the "connection refused" errors. You need to determine if it's something blocking access to port 9092 (tcp) or if the H2 server is crashing for some reason. My guess is it's the former.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 09-05-2010, 09:48 AM
Sage Expert

Are you guys with the H2 problems running Slimserver software on your SageTV server machines? If so, that's the problem...Slimserver uses the same port as H2 and will prevent H2 from binding to port 9092.

If you think you might have some other software preventing H2 from binding to port 9092, you can try changing the H2 port in the plugin configuration...a restart of SageTV may be required for H2 to move to the new port.

Server Hardware: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R, Intel Q9550 CPU 2.83GHz, 11GB RAM, 1xHDHR, 1xHVR1600, 1xHVR2250
29TB Server Storage: 1TB SSD (OS), 1TB (data), 2x6TB+2x10TB (22TB FlexRaid storage pool), 2x2TB (recordings), 1x750GB (VMs).
Server Software: Win10 Pro x64 OS, SageTV 64bit v9.2.0.441, Java 1.8 u241, PlayOn, Comskip (Donator) v0.82.003, WampServer v2.5.
Clients: 3xHD300s, 2xHD100, 2xPlaceshifters
Old 09-05-2010, 11:12 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by robogeek View Post
Are you guys with the H2 problems running Slimserver software on your SageTV server machines? If so, that's the problem...Slimserver uses the same port as H2 and will prevent H2 from binding to port 9092.

If you think you might have some other software preventing H2 from binding to port 9092, you can try changing the H2 port in the plugin configuration...a restart of SageTV may be required for H2 to move to the new port.
I have Squeezecenter and had to move H2 to 9093 and the latest of SRE is working for me.
Old 09-05-2010, 03:43 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by robogeek View Post

bingo! yes i do have slimserver running! will move H2 to 9093..........thanks folks!

edit: changed port to 9093 for H2 and my scheduled recordings in SRE are back!

many thanks to robogeek and rlvogel322 for solving this.

edit2: since slimserver is pretty widespread, perhaps the default for H2 should be moved to 9093?

Last edited by cat6man; 09-05-2010 at 03:55 PM.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat6man View Post
bingo! yes i do have slimserver running! will move H2 to 9093..........thanks folks!

edit: changed port to 9093 for H2 and my scheduled recordings in SRE are back!

many thanks to robogeek and rlvogel322 for solving this.

edit2: since slimserver is pretty widespread, perhaps the default for H2 should be moved to 9093?
Probably not a bad idea. jphipps is the owner of the H2 plugin so you may want to drop him a PM and mention this?
Old 09-07-2010, 07:33 AM
Sage Fanatic

PMd him..........he plans to update default to 9093
Old 09-08-2010, 08:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

Recording some games this weekend

Not sure if this was discussed before, would there be any problems with recording two games back to back on the same station? (ie, game one is from 1-4, game two is from 4-7 on the same channel).

I have enough tuners that can record the station, just not sure what would happen when the game is 'extended' at the last minute. Before SRE Sage would simply take the highest priority tuner and record both.

Edited to say: Now that I think of it, there is one station that I may tape two games back to back and it's only one one tuner... Would both games record and be extended?

Thanks,
Larry

Last edited by larryf; 09-08-2010 at 08:52 AM. Reason: forgot something
Old 09-08-2010, 08:49 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryf View Post
Not sure if this was discussed before, would there be any problems with recording two games back to back on the same station? (ie, game one is from 1-4, game two is from 4-7 on the same channel).

I have enough tuners that can record the station, just not sure what would happen when the game is 'extended' at the last minute. Before SRE Sage would simply take the highest priority tuner and record both.

Larry
There's a configuration setting to "Ignore Back to Back Recordings".

If enabled, the 1st recording will end promptly at 4 and the 2nd recording will begin on the same tuner

If disabled, the 1st recording will be extended as needed and the 2nd recording will begin on a different tuner.

I choose to leave it enabled, since I record all of the Sunday football games and know that the end of the 1pm game will show up at the beginning of the 4pm game's recording.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:58 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecadet View Post
There's a configuration setting to "Ignore Back to Back Recordings".

If enabled, the 1st recording will end promptly at 4 and the 2nd recording will begin on the same tuner

If disabled, the 1st recording will be extended as needed and the 2nd recording will begin on a different tuner.

I choose to leave it enabled, since I record all of the Sunday football games and know that the end of the 1pm game will show up at the beginning of the 4pm game's recording.
Thanks, I see it now in the settings, 'ignore front end of back to back recordings'. I just set it to true, that should work well for me too.

Larry
Old 09-08-2010, 09:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryf View Post

Larry
There is a setting on the web UI or in the plugin config screen in the STV called "ignore back to back recordings". If true then SRE will simply ignore the first recording and not monitor it meaning if the first game runs long then the rest of it will be in the second recording, which will be monitored.

If that option is false (default) then SRE would extend the first recording, forcing the second to move to another tuner. If another tuner isn't available to record the second game then that recording becomes a conflict and will not be recorded.

SRE only considers recordings to be back to back if, and only if, they follow each other and both recordings are scheduled to record on the exact same channel and the second recording is NOT an intelligent recording and the second recording in NOT live tv (i.e. the second recording must be a manually scheduled recording or a scheduled favourite recording).

EDIT: I see spacecadet and I were replying at the same time.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:24 PM
SageTVaholic

SRE UI

The SRE UI Mod plugin in now available in the repository. This plugin allows you to view the monitor status as well as add or change override information directly from the Sage UI.

There are two versions, one should only be installed on SageClients and the other should be installed on everything else. The labeling of the plugins should be self-evident.

Many thanks to Slugger for all of his support in developing this plugin.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:45 PM
SageTVaholic

tmiranda put in a lot of effort on the stvi and I think it turned out great! Nice job!
Old 09-09-2010, 06:06 PM
Sage Fanatic

both of you, i really look forward to trying this out tomorrow (after tonight's recordings are done)

thanks!
Old 09-10-2010, 07:53 AM
Sage Fanatic

last night i installed the STVi on my hd200 extender..........SRE options showed up ok, but i failed at all attempts to do an override, getting a 'can't do it' error
message (note: i was putting an override on a manual timed recording)

any ideas?

also, i have not installed the STVi on my main sage machine...........is that needed for this to work or should the override have worked with what i already did?

Last edited by cat6man; 09-10-2010 at 07:56 AM.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
last night i installed the STVi on my hd200 extender..........SRE options showed up ok, but i failed at all attempts to do an override, getting a 'can't do it' error
message (note: i was putting an override on a manual timed recording)

any ideas?

also, i have not installed the STVi on my main sage machine...........is that needed for this to work or should the override have worked with what i already did?
What kind of override were you trying? For what date? The override must be a valid type (i.e. title of NFL Football/MLB Baseball/etc.) and if the recording is for the current day then the subtitle must be an actual event that can be monitored. If the recording is for a future day then the subtitle would be ignored until the day of the scheduled recording.

You only need to install the stvi where you plan to use it.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:37 AM
Sage Aficionado

Can the google account mentioned in the installation/configuration be configured via the Sage UI with this new addon?
Old 09-10-2010, 08:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacrament055 View Post
Can the google account mentioned in the installation/configuration be configured via the Sage UI with this new addon?
Unfortunately, no. A web browser is required to authenticate a Google Account so you will be directed to the web UI to authenticate your Google Account for SRE. But the Google auth should be the only thing you need to do from the web UI anymore.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:53 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
What kind of override were you trying? For what date? The override must be a valid type (i.e. title of NFL Football/MLB Baseball/etc.) and if the recording is for the current day then the subtitle must be an actual event that can be monitored. If the recording is for a future day then the subtitle would be ignored until the day of the scheduled recording.

You only need to install the stvi where you plan to use it.
override was for "MLB Baseball", "San Francisco Giants at San Diego Padres".
game started at 10pm here. i set manual recording for 11pm to 1am last night just to test it out.
at 10:30, i tried override but it was rejected every time......note that i did not have uppercase/lowercase, but i hope that didn't matter

i must have tried 10 times but it was rejected every time.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
override was for "MLB Baseball", "San Francisco Giants at San Diego Padres".
game started at 10pm here. i set manual recording for 11pm to 1am last night just to test it out.
at 10:30, i tried override but it was rejected every time......note that i did not have uppercase/lowercase, but i hope that didn't matter

i must have tried 10 times but it was rejected every time.
The debug logs for livepvrdata.com have rolled over so I can't get last night's debug output from them. What do you mean you didn't have upper/lowercase? The title is case sensitive, as are the team names. If you create the override as shown above, it should have worked. If you used 'mlb baseball', that wouldn't work. Your sagetv debug log might provide some answers.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:30 AM
Sage Fanatic

that was the problem then, i didn't have the correct upper/lower case.
in the extender, that requires a few more steps so i was lazy and used a single case for everything.

i just did an override from the sage pc and it went fine, but i did use upper/lower case.......let me try again with proper case from the extender.

just curious.........why is it case sensitive?