SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 05-03-2011, 04:26 PM
Sage Icon

I don't have a prefix and no troubles.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:37 PM
SageTVaholic

You'll have to learn the SELECT command from the remote. Once it is learned by sage, you will be able to select it.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 05-04-2011, 09:06 AM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to esims21 Send a message via Yahoo to esims21
Thanks to both of you for your replies.

I have been using the .ir (renamed extensions from .txt) files from a few posts back.

I'm wondering if anyone would care to comment on the physical setup of my USB-UJIRT. Currently I have a splitter plugged into it with two IR emitters plugged into the splitter. One emitter is taped to the front of a 311 and the other is taped to the front of the other 311 using electrical tape to form a light seal.

I'm not certain how the USB-UIRT should be connected to the TV2 IR Converter.

I really appreciate the flameless help I've always received from this forum over the years. Thanks.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:44 AM
SageTVaholic

With Dish, you shouldn't necessarily even need to use external emitters, just set up the three tuners to different IR addresses, and put the Usbuirt in front of all 3 receivers.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:14 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to esims21 Send a message via Yahoo to esims21
Thanks. I removed all the electrical tape and repositioned the two 311 receivers and now I don't need the emitters. I'm trying to get rid of the two 311 receivers, though.

I still haven't been able to get the 322 to recognize commands from the USB-UIRT. I'm pretty sure I followed the above steps to the letter, but I can't get it to work.

To work with the 322, I've mounted the TV2 converter and USB-UIRT in a small box so they're facing each other.

If it's not too much trouble, I'd appreciate a copy of the .ir files from a system that has the 322 working.

Thanks again
Old 05-05-2011, 04:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Well, for starters, can you control each box/tuner properly with the dish remote? You have to make sure the TV2 IR adapter is set up properly and is working from the IR remote first. Then worry about getting the USB-UIRT working with them.

Old 11-13-2011, 02:57 PM
Sage Icon

All -

I have been fighting with this for several days now and i am just about to call it quits. I was hoping to get some input and hopefully solve my issue.

here is my setup
--------
dish 322 receiver
1 ir only remote for tv 1 (3.4) i believe is the number on the back and i cannot change this remote to uhf
1 UHF pro remote for tv2 blue uhf on one side and green ir on the other side
tv 2 ir converter
new usbuirt.

I followed the instructions to a T on this page several times and I am unable to get this to work. At one point i had it working as described by another poster in this thread where tv1 remote would control only tv1, but tv2 remote would control both tv1 and tv2. From that point on, everything has gone straight down the toilet.

My issue now is that I cannot get my blue uhf remote to control TV2 (tuner2) directly from the STB to try starting over. I found a post online which stated how to reset the remote to uhf only mode and start controlling tv2, but that doesn't seem to work. While it did work for me at one time, it doesn't work now.

I also noticed that when trying to set tv1 remote to UHF mode, what would happen is this. I would get it to change, but it would change to UHF NOT IR / UHF Pro as stated in the instructions. Also after leaving the dish setup screen, the remote would change back in the setting to IR. What i mean is i would go into the system setup screen again and and tv1 would have IR and would be set to FRQ 5, while tv 2 was set to UHF and FRQ 1. What is realy strange is this is where my trouble started. Now no matter what the UHF pro is switched to either Green or Blue on the remote it ALWAYS controls TV 1.

so my questions:
1) Does anyone know how to get my Dish STB back to default? (remote 1 green controls tv1 and remote 2 blue controls tv2?) I have tried unplugging th ebox for 5 minutes and letting it reset, i have tried the steps outlined int he post i found online, i have tried calling dish, and no dice in any case.
2) Do i need to have 2 UHF pro remotes in order to get this setup to work?
3) Are we sure that we can setup the usbuirt to control both tv1 and tv2 without using zones? I have no problem using zones if that is what is necessary.
4) At one point i had LMRemoteKeyMap working correctly and controlling tv1 and tv2 via zones, but i couldn't get the usbuirt native in sage to do so. Do i need to use any additional software or should sage have all of the .dll's etc that i need to get this setup working?

Currently i have only 1 tuner setup in sage, and the usbuirt successfully changing channels on that 1 dish receiver. with my current state of things i am as i mentioned unable to get tv2 to function at all. any help would be greatly appreciated.

I tried to take fuzzy's approach and simply start witha clean slate by trying to get tv1 and tv2 to function separately, which is where i starting running into problems. every time (this is the 3rd go around i have had in the past 4 days) i change the tv1 uhf pro setting to enabled, thats when everything goes haywire.

thanks guys and if i left out any important info please let me know and i will respond with whatever you need.

~Mike

Last edited by PiX64; 11-13-2011 at 03:01 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:50 PM
Sage Icon

*Bump*

Fuzzy? anybody?
Old 11-14-2011, 07:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
*Bump*

Fuzzy? anybody?
I wouldn't be able to give any advice, I've never used the thing. I've only got single tuner boxes.

Old 11-15-2011, 11:06 AM
Sage Icon

Thanks Fuzzy.

Anyone else on this thread have any ideas for me?

~Mike
Old 11-15-2011, 03:49 PM
Sage Icon

** Removed instructions as they were wrong and kept causing tv2 to stop working.

** I will put a new post at the bottom of this thread with the actual instructions that have been working for me for several days now.

** There is no need to put TV2 into UHF pro mode or anything like that at all.

** TV2 does NOT HAVE TO BE addr 1. That is ONLY for IR blasting directly out of the tv2 ir converter and into a sling box.
***I suspect that having the addr 1 on TV2 is actually what was causing me to have several problems.

More to come ...

Last edited by PiX64; 11-20-2011 at 07:29 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:49 AM
Sage Icon

*** and now its broken again ***

I touched nothing, and remote 1 controls tv1 and remote 2 controls tv1 in both uhf and ir mode.

can somone please help or give me some ideas?

This is awesome, no matter what i do or what i changed the addresses of the remote to, they both control tv1. seriously stupid!

* to get it working again by it i mean tv1 remote control tv1 and tv2 control tv2 i did the following (this is just to get rmeotes working again, nothing to do with sage setup.

1) turn off dish box
2) press up arrow
3) with uhf remote in uhf remote mode Tv2 remote change the code press and hold sat, etc.
4) with tv1 remote select done
5) power cycle the dish box
6) unplug from wall 30 seconds
7) plug back in.
8) check remote addresses you just changed in step 3 and all should be well.

Im still working on a solution ,and will update my OP with the solution once i find it.

*** I just figured out a solution watching some youtube videos, and re-reading the manual that came with the ir converter kit. I am going to test it for a few days prior to posting how to do it.. want to make sure it actually works for permanent this time!

Last edited by PiX64; 11-16-2011 at 03:03 PM.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:12 AM
Sage Icon

*** SO FAR SO GOOD. My current setup survived the overnight update of the program guide, and in the moring when i checked, tuning to stations first turned the dish tuners on, and then tuned the channel. Im not updating instructions yet as i really want to make sure this solution is solid for at least a few days.

Old 11-18-2011, 09:47 AM
Sage Icon

Day 2 -- PASS!

everything is still up an running like a champ!. Ill give it the weekend, and if all is still well on sunday evening, I will update my instructions for all to use.

~Mike
Old 11-19-2011, 04:30 PM
Sage Icon

Day 3 -- PASS!

All is looking well. I will update the instructions tomorrow night after 1 more day of testing.

~Mike