SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 04-25-2013, 12:57 PM
Sage Expert

Wow, MitchSchaft not cool man. Sean, if I had 2 grand laying around it would be yours.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:11 AM
Sage Aficionado

I've got an issue that's got me stumped. ANY ideas would be hugely appreciated.

There are a few tv shows that I can't seem to get BMT data to stick.
from the BMT browser I go through a view till I find Murphy's law, Episodes S01E03, S02E02, S03E02 just show up as blank (all others are perfect). Sage recording is checked, media type is listed as Movie. Everything else is blank down to External ID, which in the case of the first one above is "MF1511313". Very different the the others that are more like "EPmt73425S01E01". Renaming to Murphy's Law - S01E03a gets the same external ID. If I go through the normal find metadata routine, it does find the right episode data from thetvdb and populates fields. When I hit save everything goes blank except Sage Recording, Genres and ExternalID... and the info stuff below that. I've tried renaming the file with the same result. There are 3-4 other series that have an episode that behaves the same and I've got no idea how to stuff the right data.... I don't think this is new behavior since the latest update as the .properties files did exist and were showing "0" for most of the info. I deleted them, and I have removed the video file and told sage to do a rescan with the root folder check set to true to try and eliminate carry forward. .properties aren't being created for these files when I put them back with a new name and either rescan or maually try and update via the webUI.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Attached Images
File Type: png ML-S01E01-BMT.png (130.7 KB, 133 views)
File Type: png ML-S01E03-BMT -after find metadata.png (130.4 KB, 146 views)
File Type: png ML-S01E03-BMT -after save.png (117.1 KB, 138 views)

Last edited by bikesquid; 04-29-2013 at 11:25 AM. Reason: adding some screen caps
Old 04-29-2013, 12:02 PM
SageTVaholic

I can't say why it would happen like this... but I've seen this happen myself. Sometimes the sage database just doesn't stick. I'd need to see the logs (logs/phoenix.log and logs/phoenix-metadata.log) to see if there was anything else happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikesquid View Post
I've got an issue that's got me stumped. ANY ideas would be hugely appreciated.

There are a few tv shows that I can't seem to get BMT data to stick.
from the BMT browser I go through a view till I find Murphy's law, Episodes S01E03, S02E02, S03E02 just show up as blank (all others are perfect). Sage recording is checked, media type is listed as Movie. Everything else is blank down to External ID, which in the case of the first one above is "MF1511313". Very different the the others that are more like "EPmt73425S01E01". Renaming to Murphy's Law - S01E03a gets the same external ID. If I go through the normal find metadata routine, it does find the right episode data from thetvdb and populates fields. When I hit save everything goes blank except Sage Recording, Genres and ExternalID... and the info stuff below that. I've tried renaming the file with the same result. There are 3-4 other series that have an episode that behaves the same and I've got no idea how to stuff the right data.... I don't think this is new behavior since the latest update as the .properties files did exist and were showing "0" for most of the info. I deleted them, and I have removed the video file and told sage to do a rescan with the root folder check set to true to try and eliminate carry forward. .properties aren't being created for these files when I put them back with a new name and either rescan or maually try and update via the webUI.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 04-29-2013, 02:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I can't say why it would happen like this... but I've seen this happen myself. Sometimes the sage database just doesn't stick. I'd need to see the logs (logs/phoenix.log and logs/phoenix-metadata.log) to see if there was anything else happening.
Thx stuckless. Here's the logs referenced. I've seen similar issues when I tell BMT that something is media type TV and try to save it without a season or episode #, it then reverts back to a Movie and all title data disappears, but this problem seems tied to the sagedb and the show rather than what BMT is doing... as it just seems to happen with these specific shows regardless of the file name or the data I provide... I seem to be able to update other shows that I've tried. Granted this is my uneducated wild guess. If any other info is useful just lmk.

Any thoughts or ideas for a work around to get the files to show up correctly within sage greatly appreciated!
Attached Files
File Type: txt phoenix.log.txt (115.8 KB, 107 views)
File Type: txt phoenix-metadata.log.txt (236 Bytes, 101 views)
Old 04-29-2013, 04:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thx stuckless. Here's the logs referenced. I've seen similar issues when I tell BMT that something is media type TV and try to save it without a season or episode #, it then reverts back to a Movie and all title data disappears, but this problem seems tied to the sagedb and the show rather than what BMT is doing... as it just seems to happen with these specific shows regardless of the file name or the data I provide... I seem to be able to update other shows that I've tried. Granted this is my uneducated wild guess. If any other info is useful just lmk.

Any thoughts or ideas for a work around to get the files to show up correctly within sage greatly appreciated!
Unfortunately, the log files show that everything updated without errors So, I'm not sure why the update wouldn't persist Do you have the option turned on to create .properties (it's on by default, unless you expliticly turned it off). If it is turned off, then try turning it on, and running your test again. Also does it fail the same way if "Import as Sage Recording" is toggled (ie, or or off)
Old 04-29-2013, 04:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Do you have the option turned on to create .properties
Yes, .properties should be (and are for all other files) created. For these I get nothing.

Quote:
Also does it fail the same way if "Import as Sage Recording" is toggled (ie, or or off)
Tried that too, didn't make a difference.....

Could it be a corrupt video file? I renamed the first of the offending file, copied one of the 'working' ones to that non-working name and now the data takes. Did I just figure something out??

I've no idea why a jacked up video file would affect sage in that way, and haven't been able to test other offending files yet. Do you think it's possible?
Old 04-29-2013, 06:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yes, .properties should be (and are for all other files) created. For these I get nothing.

Tried that too, didn't make a difference.....

Could it be a corrupt video file? I renamed the first of the offending file, copied one of the 'working' ones to that non-working name and now the data takes. Did I just figure something out??

I've no idea why a jacked up video file would affect sage in that way, and haven't been able to test other offending files yet. Do you think it's possible?
I can't say for sure, but I have seen where a "bad" video file can cause sagetv to behave badly... I once had a corrupt video file that prevented sagetv from starting So, anything is possible.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

It's confirmed. I found 6 files that weren't updating in BMT. They wouldn't open or play in any of the various players I've got access too. Copy one suspected bad file over one of the others and same 'nothing' result. When coping 'good' files over the same name as a 'bad' file they updated just fine on an automatic scan, .properties created and everything is fine. Worked on all the suspect files. Now I've just got to wait for some obscure shows to come around again on the tele.

Would be great if there was a check/message when Sage finds a file is screwed up.... Clearly Sage is doing some test or trying to gather some info from the video file itself and failing... wonder if there is any api info in the docs about it. I'll take a look, but I'm usually outsmarted by the docs.

I realize BMT isn't the priority at the moment but I'll let U know if I do find something. This is likely useful for other projects in development/support.

Thx for taking a look at the problem, much appreciated!

Old 04-30-2013, 10:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It's confirmed. I found 6 files that weren't updating in BMT. They wouldn't open or play in any of the various players I've got access too. Copy one suspected bad file over one of the others and same 'nothing' result. When coping 'good' files over the same name as a 'bad' file they updated just fine on an automatic scan, .properties created and everything is fine. Worked on all the suspect files. Now I've just got to wait for some obscure shows to come around again on the tele.

Would be great if there was a check/message when Sage finds a file is screwed up.... Clearly Sage is doing some test or trying to gather some info from the video file itself and failing... wonder if there is any api info in the docs about it. I'll take a look, but I'm usually outsmarted by the docs.

I realize BMT isn't the priority at the moment but I'll let U know if I do find something. This is likely useful for other projects in development/support.

Thx for taking a look at the problem, much appreciated!

If you find something, let me know... the good news is that while I don't spend any time on BMT... all the metadata stuff is actually in Phoenix, and I spend time on Phoenix
Old 05-02-2013, 09:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Unable to get Metadata

I'm not sure when it started but recently I've had the issue where retrieving metadata from tmdb is not working. It always gives the error "Unable to get Metatdata". TV lookups through tvdb work fine.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddeusz View Post
I'm not sure when it started but recently I've had the issue where retrieving metadata from tmdb is not working. It always gives the error "Unable to get Metatdata". TV lookups through tvdb work fine.
could you send me the logs? (SAGE_HOME/logs/phoenix*.log)

Also, does it fail, using BMT web ui, or just the automatic update?
Old 05-02-2013, 10:07 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
could you send me the logs? (SAGE_HOME/logs/phoenix*.log)

Also, does it fail, using BMT web ui, or just the automatic update?
There is nothing in the log. It fails on both the automatic update and using the web ui.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Oops. It did write something to the log. Here it is.
Attached Files
File Type: zip phoenixlog.zip (12.0 KB, 97 views)
Old 05-02-2013, 10:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Oops. It did write something to the log. Here it is.
The log files is showing that it is updating (no errors). That is very odd.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The log files is showing that it is updating (no errors). That is very odd.
Yea, here is the error screen just to show that it does happen.
Attached Images
File Type: png bmtscreen.png (72.6 KB, 148 views)
Old 05-02-2013, 06:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yea, here is the error screen just to show that it does happen.
oki... zip up all the logs in the logs/ directory and add in the sagetv_0.txt log file as well, and send me those. Maybe there's an error in another log file somewhere.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:27 PM
Sage User

Quote:
I'm observing the same thing. TV shows and Movies imports. Even manual updates via BMT come back with "Unable to get Metatdata". I noticed the issue this past week. It seem to have started after a phoenix core update I think? Just sharing the info for what's it worth..
Old 05-04-2013, 06:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxg View Post
I'm observing the same thing. TV shows and Movies imports. Even manual updates via BMT come back with "Unable to get Metatdata". I noticed the issue this past week. It seem to have started after a phoenix core update I think? Just sharing the info for what's it worth..
I just updated my main server to run the absolute latest phoenix (yeah, even though I develop Phoenix... I don't always run the latest on the main server )... And I did do a few tests and I was able to update a bunch of movies using bmt.

You can always use the Help -> Create Support Request option in BMT which creates a .zip of your log files and email to me. (address provided in the support dialog).

What I suspect is happening, is that the SageTV plugin system is NOT extracting all the required libraries for Phoenix and as a result tmdb isn't working... but the complete log set should hoperfully shed some light on this.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

If the changes were supposed to affect the IMDB lookup in the BMT GUI, They didn't. It still finds the film but returns "unable to fetch" when you select something.

TheMovieDB is not working either, but it also does not work from their own web site. You get an "error 500".
Old 05-06-2013, 09:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Sorry it took me so long. Busy weekend. Finally submitted a support request for the "unable to get metadata" problem.