SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 12-23-2012, 05:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikesquid View Post
Hello, I having real problems with searches from thetvdb.com and wondering if there's some new problem....

Searching for "Life in the Undergrowth" gets me nothing... though it does exist... even putting in a matcher for the series ID doesn't find it.... The only thing that searching even seems to bring back ANY results is IMDB, all the other sources give me no results... even if I search for something as generic as "Life".... Any suggestions?
I think it is tvdb as I too am/was having these issues.

k
Old 12-23-2012, 05:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post

k
Ahh.... With the multiple networks that I've got going these days I never know if my setup is just messed up finding a path to 'the world'.... then I wonder if it's the latest Gemstone update I just did ... BTW Love the ability to change banner widths

Wish there was some way to test if it's thetvdb polling vs my steaming world....
Old 01-19-2013, 11:17 AM
Sage Icon

All,
I'm not sure if I'm having the same problem as I've read here, or something else.

I rebuilt my dad's server about 3 months ago (second system in sig.). I mainly added BMT in case some of his shows ended up in the "video" area (which they did).

I was looking at his recording directory and it is full of (ShowName).jpg and a few (ShowName).property from shows that are long deleted. Any suggestion on what is causing that????
Server #1= AMD A10-5800, 8G RAM, F2A85-M PRO, 12TB, HDHomerun Prime, HDHR, Colossus (Playback - HD-200)
Server #2= AMD X2 3800+, 2G RAM, M2NPV-VM, 2TB, 3x HDHR OTA (Playback - HD-200)
Old 01-19-2013, 12:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Matt,

Im no expert in bmt, but I thought I would at least give some kind of answer until you get a better answer. I dont know why youre gettng jpg files. Phoenix/BMT doesn't put a jpg file in the same location as the media file; at least not by default. The only way I can think of leaving orphaned properties files is if you manually/directly move the media file outside of your recordings directory to another sageTV media directory. It's some kind of quirk with sageTV that nobody ever paid much attention to before.

The way to avoid this is to move the media file to a location outside of where sageTV can see (a non sageTV imedia directory), then let sageTV scan/detect that the file is nowhere it can see. This should delete the properties file.

Then, you can put the media file in another sageTV media directory; and, let sageTV scan again.

In case I'm way off; and, this isn't at all what you're experiencing, hopefully someone else can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHelm View Post
All,
I'm not sure if I'm having the same problem as I've read here, or something else.

I rebuilt my dad's server about 3 months ago (second system in sig.). I mainly added BMT in case some of his shows ended up in the "video" area (which they did).

I was looking at his recording directory and it is full of (ShowName).jpg and a few (ShowName).property from shows that are long deleted. Any suggestion on what is causing that????

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-19-2013, 01:00 PM
Sage Icon

I'm no expert either, but I do run Phoenix and BMT w CMT and noticed a few weeks ago (around Christmas) that I was getting showname.jpg files in my recorded tv folder.

I did notice a week or so ago that during a plugin update to both Phoenix and BMT or CMT that the setting in my Phoenix config had set Fanart Enabled (Enable Fanart downloading) to False. I changed that setting back to True.

Not sure if I changed any other settings.

I havn't had the jpg files in the recorded tv folder since and don't know when that setting changed in the first place.

So, check your Phoenix/BMT/CMT settings.

As a temporary fix (I run comskip) I had set up comskip to delete the .jpg file when I deleted the show file.

Helen
Server: SageTV 9, Win10/32, Intel DP55KG Mb, Intel QC i5 2.66GHz , 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 2 Hauppauge 2255s for 4 OTA ATSC tuners, HDHRPrime w Comcast, 3 STP-HD300s 20101007-0 firmware, nVidia Shield. Java v7u55. Plugins:SD EPG, OpenDCT
Old 01-19-2013, 02:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Im not sure if this is helpful or not, but I dont get any jpg files in my TV recordings (or any other sageTV imports directory). Im using the latest versions BMT, CMT, and Phoenix plugins; including Gemstone. I dont remember making any changes to BMT settings. It's always been like this for me.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-19-2013, 02:49 PM
SageTVaholic

BMT will create local .jpg files if fanart is enabled, but centralized fanart is disabled (which is something that you'd have to configure, since that's not the default)
Old 01-21-2013, 12:50 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenWeathers View Post
I'm no expert either, but I do run Phoenix and BMT w CMT and noticed a few weeks ago (around Christmas) that I was getting showname.jpg files in my recorded tv folder.

I did notice a week or so ago that during a plugin update to both Phoenix and BMT or CMT that the setting in my Phoenix config had set Fanart Enabled (Enable Fanart downloading) to False. I changed that setting back to True.

Helen
Thanks, I think that fixed the .jpg.
Server #1= AMD A10-5800, 8G RAM, F2A85-M PRO, 12TB, HDHomerun Prime, HDHR, Colossus (Playback - HD-200)
Old 01-21-2013, 01:02 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHelm View Post
All,
... and a few (ShowName).property from shows that are long deleted. ...
And I had the "Update Properties ..." turned on in the Sage Metadata section!

All seems fine now.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:08 AM
Sage Advanced User

Clean up old fanart?

Been searching a while, but haven't been able to find the answer... is there a method or plugin that will let me run a clean up of my BMT Fanart folder? I've deleted a ton of old files that BMT has downloaded the fanart for, and they're still in my fanart folder.

I want to get rid of everything (TV, Movies, etc) that doesn't exist in my library anymore without having to go through each folder manually in Windows.

Any thoughts?
Old 03-03-2013, 09:51 AM
SageTVaholic

There isn't a cleanup process, yet. It's been on my "todo" list for quite some time, but I haven't written it. (I keep finding other projects to steal my time )
Old 03-03-2013, 03:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

Do I remember seeing an option to rescan everything and re-download/update just the fanart? I can delete everything in the folders and do a re-scan if it will work... Just did a look-see and I've got close to 10GB of fanart, and I'm guessing that more than half of that doesn't exist on my server anymore. Not a lot of space since we're all talking TB now, but I'm a little obsessive when it comes to keeping my hard drives tidy.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by can3gxw View Post
Do I remember seeing an option to rescan everything and re-download/update just the fanart? I can delete everything in the folders and do a re-scan if it will work... Just did a look-see and I've got close to 10GB of fanart, and I'm guessing that more than half of that doesn't exist on my server anymore. Not a lot of space since we're all talking TB now, but I'm a little obsessive when it comes to keeping my hard drives tidy.
When you browse a folder in BMT, and click "Update Metadata...", you get a dialog with an option to update fanart and update metadata. If you uncheck the update metadata and check update fanart, then that might do what you want. (hint... try it on a smal folder first )
Old 03-03-2013, 04:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

That's exactly what I was looking for, Sean. Thanks! I picked one TV series, and deleted the sub folders and ran the "refresh fanart" from the web interface. Updated perfectly (and fast). Then I deleted an entire folder (series name) and did the same. Again, perfect and fast.

Now, on to the whole "Sage Fanart" folder and re-run it all....

Thanks!!! I suppose I could have looked a little harder before asking... sorry for that, but NICE on the web interface doing this. Now I won't interrupt the family's movie night!
Old 03-09-2013, 04:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post

k
+1
tvdb stopped working for me
Old 04-12-2013, 08:46 PM
Sage Expert

All of a sudden, why does updating from the client/server do what it's supposed to, but updating from the SJQ webui only update metadata and not fanart. So I have to update each file individually on my TV instead or through SJQ's webui, like I normally would, in order for fanart to work. What's up with that.

it's not just tvdb, but themoviedb that doesn't work. And, of course, IMDB is no longer in the equation because the other guy can't be bothered.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchSchaft View Post
All of a sudden, why does updating from the client/server do what it's supposed to, but updating from the SJQ webui only update metadata and not fanart. So I have to update each file individually on my TV instead or through SJQ's webui, like I normally would, in order for fanart to work. What's up with that.

it's not just tvdb, but themoviedb that doesn't work. And, of course, IMDB is no longer in the equation because the other guy can't be bothered.
Gonna give an example of what isn't working? or just complain at your free added features not working exactly how you'd like?

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 04-13-2013, 12:11 AM
Sage Expert

I knew you would chime in with a comment like that. It's like a sixth sense. And I did give an example. So it's either my imagination, a java issue or some other problem.
I use sjq to update my imported movie or tv files and only metadata comes through. Fanart doesn't download. That's my problem and it started just a few days ago. So take your 15 year olds green hair and help, update your out of date addons that you complain about not having time for or keep your comments to yourself.

Free or not, I'm asking for help and wasn't snarky about it. If it turns to a crybaby fest then I'll just have to live with it and download fanart manually like I have the past few days.

I'll just unsubscribe and consider it a dead issue due to the elite pretending like sage is theirs. Long live sage tv. Atleast this guy updates and supports his addons unlike fizzy over here. Regardless of imdb. Maybe I'll check back in a couple months if the problem doesn't fix itself.

Last edited by MitchSchaft; 04-13-2013 at 01:32 AM.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:46 AM
SageTVaholic

At about the same time as this, you posted another post on this same 'issue' stating that sage has now abandoned you, and that they 'couldn't be bothered to update a few lines of code'.. and yes, that IS being 'snarky'.
okay, so what is your SJQ task that is supposed to be updating the fanart? Most people use Phoenix/BMT to update fanart - and as far as i know, that is still working just fine pulling from TMDB (I just added ParaNorman, and it had fanart within seconds from TMDB). TMDB is not as 'complete' as IMDB, so it may just be that your movie is not present there. TMDB is a community supported system, so if it is missing a movie/fanart, it is up to YOU as a user to add the appropriate information.
If you are having a problem with SJQ, you should post in that thread.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 04-13-2013, 09:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchSchaft View Post
Perhaps you don't intend to be snarky and rude, I certainly read it that way. In your spare time, check out these online communication course.

http://www.mindtools.com/page8.html#writing

As I posted in your other (and somewhat rude post), I chose to NOT spend the 30+ hours fixing IMDB when TMDB does still work. Instead, I spent that time doing other things (still SageTV related, just not IMDB related).

So, here's what I'd like you to do.

1. Go into the SageTV Plugin Manager, and then remove sagex-api (and any plugin that depends on sagex-api). (sagex-api is my plugin as well, and it's used by BMT/Phoenix).
2. Restart and enjoy your sagetv experience.

If your experience is not ideal, I'm willing stop work on my other projects and allow my spare time to be paid for, by you. I will require a retainer of $2000, and I will bill out my rate to you at $60/hr (which I should point out, is much less than my normal rate). You can direct my spare time however you see fit, working on IMDB, etc. Typically I have about 20+ hours a week that I consider "spare" time, so in about 2 weeks I should have gone through most of the retainer, and hopefully IMDB will work for you. PM me, if you are interested.

Now, I understand that you frustrated, then the free plugins that you paid for, don't quite work the way you'd like. We've all been there. I'm not sure if you realize, but those free plugins, also rely on other free services, such as TVDB and TMDB. TVDB is heavily hit by every media center PC out there, and as such, there are times that the service is simply "unavailable". I guess since I use their free site, I could write them a snarky email and complain to them that my latest episode of Elementary didn't update quite right because they were offline for several minutes. Instead I just give them a pass, and say thanks, for when they are there. The same is true for TMDB. I'm just thankful that I had some "free" alternative s to use while trying to fetch metadata and fanart.