SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 08-12-2011, 07:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikesquid View Post
Quick question... (famous last words).... I've got two directories, "movies" and "TV"... everything under each is as it would obviously be... only sage/bmt seems to put anything it can't find metadata for on thetvdb as a movie by default, which is usually not the case and I'd like it to simply be listed under the tv portion of the UI if it's under the directory. I put everything in the format "Series - SxxExx" so that's how I'd like it to show up if nothing is found.

Is there a way to force bmt to define mediatype as TV if it's under the parent directory TV when doing an automagic search??
currently, no.... but I do get many requests for such a feature. I'll probably add some general support for this at some time.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:48 AM
Sage Aficionado

I'm having a lot of trouble with BMT not 'really' letting me update metadata directly, which is why I ask. often (but not all the time) once something is set as movie, the genre is also set as movie, and if I try to change either it simply doesn't, the selection box for movie vs tv goes blank (when I save) and the genre which I'll change or set to clear, reverts to movie.... frustrating, but not the end of the world. It would just be easier if I could set a path "key word" as indicative of the classification.
Thx!
Old 08-18-2011, 12:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I'm having a lot of trouble with BMT not 'really' letting me update metadata directly, which is why I ask. often (but not all the time) once something is set as movie, the genre is also set as movie, and if I try to change either it simply doesn't, the selection box for movie vs tv goes blank (when I save) and the genre which I'll change or set to clear, reverts to movie.... frustrating, but not the end of the world. It would just be easier if I could set a path "key word" as indicative of the classification.
Thx!
I'm guessing if you are seeing this behaviour then you are getting corrupt wiz.bin files. The process in BMT to change genre (or any field) is incredibly trivial. The only times I've seen it where BMT would not update a file is when the file has been corrupt in the Wiz.bin. In all my usuage of BMT, i've seen this once. I removed the file from the sagetv library, re-added it, and then i could update the file. Again, not a bmt issue, but rather a Wiz.bin issue where it would not persist the updated metadata.

The "tv" or "movie" directory solution still won't be a solution in your case, since in BMT it would try to update the metadata (MediaType) to "TV" or "Movie" and it would fail. if it currently fails in the bmt web ui, then it will also fail no matter how I try to set it, since it all filters down to the same exact api call, SetMediaFileMetadata("MediaType", "TV").
Old 08-20-2011, 02:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

The info I provided seems to be misleading.... there are many times, most in fact when updating metadata doesn't work if I click on a file and edit the data on that screen and hit save, things that were wrongly categorized as movie and changed to TV, when saved, that field goes blank and others revert to what they were. If I go in to "edit raw metadata" and change it there, it does stick... except the genre, which if it was set at movie stays at movie, it'll add what I changed it to, but movie won't go away.... The problem seems to hinge on whether or not the recording is initially defined as a movie or tv show....

While I realize BMT is intended to get metadata, using it to manage added shows is the only option I'm aware of. I'm not sure where the 'movie' default comes from, but for me, it would make more sense if things were assumed to be TV shows as there are lots more naming versions and incomplete listings, and lets face it, TV is always added, movies are simply less prolific and places like IMDB seem to have a hell of a good track record of already having what I might have recorded....

For instance if I record a preseason football game, move it to a location of my choosing and rename it I'd still like to be able to find it within sage under TV rather than under movie.... (using the directory structure as my guide) even though no metadata is found for it. That's the sort of thing I'm trying to sort out. I have gotten into the habit of adding any shows to thetvdb as a way of managing things, but that's not gonna happen for every oddball thing I collect. It's simply time prohibitive...
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-20-2011, 03:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The info I provided seems to be misleading.... there are many times, most in fact when updating metadata doesn't work if I click on a file and edit the data on that screen and hit save, things that were wrongly categorized as movie and changed to TV, when saved, that field goes blank and others revert to what they were. If I go in to "edit raw metadata" and change it there, it does stick... except the genre, which if it was set at movie stays at movie, it'll add what I changed it to, but movie won't go away.... The problem seems to hinge on whether or not the recording is initially defined as a movie or tv show....

While I realize BMT is intended to get metadata, using it to manage added shows is the only option I'm aware of. I'm not sure where the 'movie' default comes from, but for me, it would make more sense if things were assumed to be TV shows as there are lots more naming versions and incomplete listings, and lets face it, TV is always added, movies are simply less prolific and places like IMDB seem to have a hell of a good track record of already having what I might have recorded....

For instance if I record a preseason football game, move it to a location of my choosing and rename it I'd still like to be able to find it within sage under TV rather than under movie.... (using the directory structure as my guide) even though no metadata is found for it. That's the sort of thing I'm trying to sort out. I have gotten into the habit of adding any shows to thetvdb as a way of managing things, but that's not gonna happen for every oddball thing I collect. It's simply time prohibitive...
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I guess my point that I've been making all long is that BMT will not turn a football game into a Movie. If you are seeing that, then something else is doing it. BMT ONLY saves the metadata if it can determine it has a valid hit, which it won't for a football game. So the fact that bmt does use Movie as it's default search criteria really doesn't matter, since while it might try to find your football on IMDB, it won't actually update the metadata for it all, since it won't find your football game as Movie.

I get the sense that you are seeing things that should be showing up as TV, showing up as Movies... Is this in the default STV? If not, could another plugin be "categorizing" things for you. I go to great lengths in bmt to NOT update metadata, so unless your football games are showing up with complete fanart and movie details... BMT did not change the type from TV to Movie.
Old 08-20-2011, 05:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

I think I've been looking at (and frankly hoping for) BMT to do some of that automatic category assignment as part of it's review of available info for me based on some simple criteria....

But it doesn't, thanks for clearing that up, it's still very cool!

cheers.
Old 08-20-2011, 05:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

So the follow-up question:
Do you have a feature request list that I could add this too for consideration?

Seems like you've got the logic figured out and a 'simple' check box to default to TV based on a string in the file's directory structure (like TV) or even based on 'Series - SxxExx' file format would do the trick....
Old 08-21-2011, 06:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
So the follow-up question:
Do you have a feature request list that I could add this too for consideration?

Seems like you've got the logic figured out and a 'simple' check box to default to TV based on a string in the file's directory structure (like TV) or even based on 'Series - SxxExx' file format would do the trick....
You can post bugs and enhancements to the issue tracker
http://code.google.com/p/customsagetv/issues/list

I'm still actively working on BMT and Phoenix.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:49 AM
Sage Aficionado

I'll do that.

I did figure out what's going on... Without BOTH season and episode fields filled BMT does seem to define it as a movie regardless of what I do to over-ride.

As you say you're still working on it, so a couple 'easy' fixes that would help, in my application of it anyway, would be to allow for either season and or episode to be zero, pilots are often season 1 episode 0, and for things like sports I'd just stuff season 0 episode 0 if I could... That would remove movie from the genre. It would also be great if season could be "Special" as that's what tvdb.com uses for all those types....

Don't know how I'd do any of what I'm doing without BMT! Thanks.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:09 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I'll do that.

I did figure out what's going on... Without BOTH season and episode fields filled BMT does seem to define it as a movie regardless of what I do to over-ride.

As you say you're still working on it, so a couple 'easy' fixes that would help, in my application of it anyway, would be to allow for either season and or episode to be zero, pilots are often season 1 episode 0, and for things like sports I'd just stuff season 0 episode 0 if I could... That would remove movie from the genre. It would also be great if season could be "Special" as that's what tvdb.com uses for all those types....

Don't know how I'd do any of what I'm doing without BMT! Thanks.
BMT will not process TV files unless it has a Season > 0 and an Episode > 0. ie, no support for specials (at this time).

And again, BMT is not setting the movie genre... this is most likely being set by SageTV or some other plugin, since BMT will only write the genres that is given to it by a metadata lookup, and since the lookup fails, then there is nothing to write. So, even if I did support Season=0, it probably would not fix the fact that you are seeing a 'movie' genre.

Adding support for Season=0 would be hard to do. Again, I make so many checks to NOT write the metadata unless I have good metadata, and the check for Season=0 (as a failed case) is done all over the place. I've looked at it in the past, and if was as easy as just removing the check, then I'd do it... but if I remove the check then I need to add in other checks to identify that there isn't enough metadata to write (checking season=0 for tv was easiest at the time).
Old 08-26-2011, 01:28 PM
Sage User

Come from windows 7 media center

Hi all over the week i've manage to get sagetv 7 all working and now trying to get all me movies to show with all the nice fanart etc (as the title mentioned im from windows 7 media center) so all me recordings of films and tv shows are in the container .wtv with me so went into sage properties and add the .wtv for another file extension that sage read's now here is the problem sage plays them fine BMT cant get metadata for them and just converted one film to .ts format BMT got all the metadata for it BUT im not going to change all me films to another container when i have about 900 so can someone shed some light on how BMT cant get matadata for me films in that container .wtv any help to configure BMT to do it would be fantastic.

many thanks ..
Old 08-26-2011, 01:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakey View Post
Hi all over the week i've manage to get sagetv 7 all working and now trying to get all me movies to show with all the nice fanart etc (as the title mentioned im from windows 7 media center) so all me recordings of films and tv shows are in the container .wtv with me so went into sage properties and add the .wtv for another file extension that sage read's now here is the problem sage plays them fine BMT cant get metadata for them and just converted one film to .ts format BMT got all the metadata for it BUT im not going to change all me films to another container when i have about 900 so can someone shed some light on how BMT cant get matadata for me films in that container .wtv any help to configure BMT to do it would be fantastic.

many thanks ..
If SageTV sees the file, then so does bmt. How are you updating the file? ie, are you using the web ui, and formed a full scan? Was BMT installed before you added all the files to your sagetv collection?

In a nutshell... when you install bmt it does not automatically fetch metadata for your existing files. You'll need to perform a full scan from the web ui if you want to scan existing files. But once installed, bmt will fetch metadata for new files that are added (provided that sagetv recognizes them as well)
Old 08-26-2011, 01:47 PM
Sage User

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yeah done all the right way via web server thing and in sage via pheonix any file that are in containers recorded by windows 7 media center BMT wont fect nothink just converted a movie again to .mpg now via videoredo done a refresh scan bmt picks it up and get's metadata for it and i can do it manauly but nothink when the movie's or tv shows are recorded in .wtv maybe BMT dont support that container then?

Bit of a update in the web gui for BMT when search for films say king kong got metadata for it but as soon i click save it dont save it just deletes what was in the field boxes ie details about film imdb stuff so hmm so a bug then when .wtv is it play, the two files ive converted it has no problem saving then but ony with bmt.

Last edited by jakey; 08-26-2011 at 01:57 PM.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakey View Post
Thanks for the quick reply.

Yeah done all the right way via web server thing and in sage via pheonix any file that are in containers recorded by windows 7 media center BMT wont fect nothink just converted a movie again to .mpg now via videoredo done a refresh scan bmt picks it up and get's metadata for it and i can do it manauly but nothink when the movie's or tv shows are recorded in .wtv maybe BMT dont support that container then?

Bit of a update in the web gui for BMT when search for films say king kong got metadata for it but as soon i click save it dont save it just deletes what was in the field boxes ie details about film imdb stuff so hmm so a bug then when .wtv is it play, the two files ive converted it has no problem saving then but ony with bmt.
I'd say that is the bug in the sagetv metadata database. BMT doesn't have it's own database, it just calls the metadata apis in SageTV. It appears that in your case, when BMT does set the values, the last thing it does is reload the values again and returns them to the browser. If the sagetv didn't save the values, then the values will be blank, as it is in your case. I can't speculate as to why sagetv didn't save the metadata
Old 08-30-2011, 12:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi,

I've been having a problem that I can't figure out.
I've had Phoenix and BMT working fine forever.
Recently I noticed my imported videos weren't being archived like usual.

I've spent a few days removing and resetting things, but nothing works.

Could someone point me in towards something that might help.
I would like my imported videos to show up in my archived recordings.
I wish I knew what I did to stop this but I don't really know when it started happening.

Thanks
Nelson
Old 08-30-2011, 06:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Is this some error on thetvdb.com's side?
Code:
2011-08-30 18:40:46,517 [Timer-19] WARN  sagex.phoenix.metadata.provider.tvdb.TVDBItemParser - Failed to get season/episode specific information for 72521; Season: 03; episode: 07
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.io.MalformedByteSequenceException: Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence.
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.io.UTF8Reader.invalidByte(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.io.UTF8Reader.read(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityScanner.load(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityScanner.arrangeCapacity(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityScanner.skipString(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLVersionDetector.determineDocVersion(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
	at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(Unknown Source)
	at sagex.phoenix.metadata.provider.tvdb.TVDBItemParser.updateMetadataFromUrl(TVDBItemParser.java:165)
	at sagex.phoenix.metadata.provider.tvdb.TVDBItemParser.addSeasonEpisodeInfo(TVDBItemParser.java:308)
	at sagex.phoenix.metadata.provider.tvdb.TVDBItemParser.getMetadata(TVDBItemParser.java:97)
	at sagex.phoenix.metadata.provider.tvdb.TVDBMetadataProvider.getMetaData(TVDBMetadataProvider.java:33)
	at sagex.phoenix.metadata.MetadataManager.getMetdata(MetadataManager.java:342)
	at sagex.phoenix.metadata.MetadataManager.getMetdata(MetadataManager.java:422)
	at sagex.phoenix.metadata.MetadataManager.automaticUpdate(MetadataManager.java:528)
	at sagex.phoenix.metadata.MetadataManager.automaticUpdate(MetadataManager.java:496)
	at sagex.phoenix.plugin.PhoenixPlugin.updateMetadata(PhoenixPlugin.java:168)
	at sagex.phoenix.plugin.PhoenixPlugin.mediaFileImported(PhoenixPlugin.java:142)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sagex.plugin.AbstractPlugin$1.run(AbstractPlugin.java:254)
	at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)
Old 08-31-2011, 07:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomfsoc View Post
Recently I noticed my imported videos weren't being archived like usual.
BMT won't import movies into the archived recordings... but if you want TV to show up in the archived recordings, then check the WEB UI settings for the Fanart/Metadata.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
Is this some error on thetvdb.com's side?
Code:
2011-08-30 18:40:46,517 [Timer-19] WARN  sagex.phoenix.metadata.provider.tvdb.TVDBItemParser - Failed to get season/episode specific information for 72521; Season: 03; episode: 07
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.io.MalformedByteSequenceException: Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence.
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.io.UTF8Reader.invalidByte(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.io.UTF8Reader.read(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityScanner.load(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityScanner.arrangeCapacity(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityScanner.skipString(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLVersionDetector.determineDocVersion(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
	at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(Unknown Source)
	at sagex.phoenix.metadata.provider.tvdb.TVDBItemParser.updateMetadataFromUrl(TVDBItemParser.java:165)
	at sagex.phoenix.metadata.provider.tvdb.TVDBItemParser.addSeasonEpisodeInfo(TVDBItemParser.java:308)
	at sagex.phoenix.metadata.provider.tvdb.TVDBItemParser.getMetadata(TVDBItemParser.java:97)
	at sagex.phoenix.metadata.provider.tvdb.TVDBMetadataProvider.getMetaData(TVDBMetadataProvider.java:33)
	at sagex.phoenix.metadata.MetadataManager.getMetdata(MetadataManager.java:342)
	at sagex.phoenix.metadata.MetadataManager.getMetdata(MetadataManager.java:422)
	at sagex.phoenix.metadata.MetadataManager.automaticUpdate(MetadataManager.java:528)
	at sagex.phoenix.metadata.MetadataManager.automaticUpdate(MetadataManager.java:496)
	at sagex.phoenix.plugin.PhoenixPlugin.updateMetadata(PhoenixPlugin.java:168)
	at sagex.phoenix.plugin.PhoenixPlugin.mediaFileImported(PhoenixPlugin.java:142)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sagex.plugin.AbstractPlugin$1.run(AbstractPlugin.java:254)
	at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)
This could be 2 things...
This looks like an error from tvdb where the reply was empty or invalid. If you add this stack trace to a Phoenix bug, I'll remember to check it out later and maybe get some more information on it.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:58 AM
Sage Aficionado

interesting possible bug.
I've got two import directories defined, they're different, but the folder name is the same, the BMT web UI seems to have trouble, when I select the first (with 7xx directories under it, I get the list from the second same named directory instead (with 2 directories under it), if I back up and try again I get doubles, i.e. two of each from the second directory... do it again and I get triples, i.e. three of each... and so on, and so on....

\\Sagetv\TV\
\\Sagetv\Mirror_Set\TV\

Changing the second one to TV2 resolved the issue for me, just an fyi on some odd behavior.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
interesting possible bug.
I've got two import directories defined, they're different, but the folder name is the same, the BMT web UI seems to have trouble, when I select the first (with 7xx directories under it, I get the list from the second same named directory instead (with 2 directories under it), if I back up and try again I get doubles, i.e. two of each from the second directory... do it again and I get triples, i.e. three of each... and so on, and so on....

\\Sagetv\TV\
\\Sagetv\Mirror_Set\TV\

Changing the second one to TV2 resolved the issue for me, just an fyi on some odd behavior.
I do have a similar setup.... I have 3 drives with the same folder structure and I get a merged view of all drives. I haven't see this issue. Which view are you using?
Old 10-28-2011, 07:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Which view are you using?
Sage Video Imports - screen shot attached of the 'revised' structure in case it's useful.
Attached Images
File Type: png sage imports.png (54.7 KB, 138 views)