SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 03-19-2011, 06:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikesquid View Post
Before I changed sage pc's I was getting series/episode info in the .properties file, after I got bmt working again yesterday it built a couple .properties but without series/episode info. Checking the episode on thetvdb.com it's there so I'm wondering what I can do to get that info back into the properties file?

Edit: Oddly (or not) the info is available in the bmt web ui screen for the episode.... hmmmm......
BMT doesn't create .properties, but they may be created as a by product of just hitting the save button in the metadata editor. When BMT writes to the sagetv database, sagetv may also write to the .properties (as a backup) if the setting is enabled.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:27 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
BMT doesn't create .properties, but they may be created as a by product of just hitting the save button in the metadata editor. When BMT writes to the sagetv database, sagetv may also write to the .properties (as a backup) if the setting is enabled.
Oh... I thought there used to be a 'write .properties' check box in the interface.... So if the info shows in BMT's UI, and in sage recordings info, any idea why it's not being written out to the .properties?... or better yet any idea how to get it written out to the .properties?
Old 03-19-2011, 04:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

Another question related to imported tv series - I'm getting titles in BMT that include the whole directory structure, such as:The Closer\Season 1\The Closer. Searching the forum I suspect I need to make a change to the title mask, but can't figure out what I would do to fix it.

My file dir/file structure looks like this:

\Series Title\Season #\Series Title - SxxExx?
(ex. \The Closer\Season 1\The Closer - S01E03.ts)

So, what I see under Sage - recordings when grouped by title is :
Left Side highlighted group: >> Details on right side:
The Closer >> Details of series (using diamond STV...)
The Closer/Season 1/The Closer >> List of episodes for season 1
The Closer/Season 2/The Closer >> List of episodes for season 2
The Closer/Season 3/The Closer >> List of Episodes for Season 3
Etc.

Any suggestions? Display in the BMT UI seems correct as far as grouping, but in Sage it's not. The episode info in the .properties seems correct as far as episode, title info, but the title in BMT is as above
Old 03-19-2011, 07:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Another question related to imported tv series - I'm getting titles in BMT that include the whole directory structure, such as:The Closer\Season 1\The Closer. Searching the forum I suspect I need to make a change to the title mask, but can't figure out what I would do to fix it.

My file dir/file structure looks like this:

\Series Title\Season #\Series Title - SxxExx?
(ex. \The Closer\Season 1\The Closer - S01E03.ts)

So, what I see under Sage - recordings when grouped by title is :
Left Side highlighted group: >> Details on right side:
The Closer >> Details of series (using diamond STV...)
The Closer/Season 1/The Closer >> List of episodes for season 1
The Closer/Season 2/The Closer >> List of episodes for season 2
The Closer/Season 3/The Closer >> List of Episodes for Season 3
Etc.

Any suggestions? Display in the BMT UI seems correct as far as grouping, but in Sage it's not. The episode info in the .properties seems correct as far as episode, title info, but the title in BMT is as above
I am getting this too...
Software: Sage Server 7.1.9 on Windows 7 (Virtualized in ESXi)
Clients: i3-2105, ASRock Z68 Pro3-M, 4GB DDR3 1600, 64GB SATA III (OS), 2TB WD Green (Recording), PNY GT 430 // 2 x HD-300
Old 03-19-2011, 07:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaOConnor View Post
I am getting this too...
Well, the 'fix' is to run the 'remove relative path from titles' under tools.... I figured that much out, but I'd much rather set it up so relative path isn't included in the first place.... I'm hoping title mask can do that.... but then I've been wrong before, just once mind you....
Old 03-20-2011, 06:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Most likely, BMT is NOT touching your files.

If you import files with existing .properties... then bmt will skip the file, since it assumes that another application is getting your metadata.

BMT removes the path from titles that it imports, so, if you are seeing paths in your titles, then that's a good indication that bmt didn't touch the metadata.

The "Remove Relative Path from Titles" was added to allow bmt to "fix" the titles for files that you've imported but bmt wasn't allowed to update (ie, contained existing .properties)
Old 04-03-2011, 03:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

Another question, what's BMT looking at (I'm assuming it's polling some sageAPI) to determine if something is a movie or tv series?
Old 04-03-2011, 04:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Another question, what's BMT looking at (I'm assuming it's polling some sageAPI) to determine if something is a movie or tv series?
The process to determine if something is a movie or tv series is not a trivial one... but it breaks down like this...

If it's a Recording, then I check if the it's a TV show or Movie by basically checking the if the category is "Movie" or if the external id starts with MV. If it does, then it's a movie, otherwise it's a tv show.

If it's not a recording, but it's something that's being imported, then I use the filename scrapers for TV shows first, and if I can parse out a tv information from the filename, then it's a TV show. If's not a tv show, then I use the movie scrapers to parse out movie name and year. If I can't parse anything using the movie scrapers then I default to movie, and I use the filename as the movie name.

There's actually a lot more steps in there, but that's the general process for determining if something is a movie or a tv show.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
The process to determine if something is a movie or tv series is not a trivial one... but it breaks down like this...

If it's a Recording, then I check if the it's a TV show or Movie by basically checking the if the category is "Movie" or if the external id starts with MV. If it does, then it's a movie, otherwise it's a tv show.
I'm only concerned with recordings. So, if I grab ShowAPI.GetShowCatagoresList = Movie or MediaFileAPI.GetMediaFileID starts with "MV" I'm essentially doing what bmt is doing?
Old 04-03-2011, 05:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I'm only concerned with recordings. So, if I grab ShowAPI.GetShowCatagoresList = Movie or MediaFileAPI.GetMediaFileID starts with "MV" I'm essentially doing what bmt is doing?
In the most basic terms, yes. But, like I said... there is a lot that goes on, but that's the simple version.
Old 04-03-2011, 05:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
In the most basic terms, yes. But, like I said... there is a lot that goes on, but that's the simple version.
Maybe I should be asking this a different way... is there a way for me to poll the sagedb to figure out what you've already defined? I'd like my tv vs movie definition to be consistent with BMT if possible, and realizing it's not simple I'd rather use what you've already figured out than create my own happy, but clueless version....
Old 04-03-2011, 05:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Maybe I should be asking this a different way... is there a way for me to poll the sagedb to figure out what you've already defined? I'd like my tv vs movie definition to be consistent with BMT if possible, and realizing it's not simple I'd rather use what you've already figured out than create my own happy, but clueless version....
Ok, well that is a lot simpler

GetMediaFileMetadata(MediaFile, "MediaType") will return "TV" for a TV file and "Movie" for a Movie file. Not sure if this is what you are after or not. But in BMT when I "select" files, I use the MediaType field to determine the type.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:29 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Ok, well that is a lot simpler
Well, like my Gramps used to say, 'ask what you want an answer to, not what you think the question should be'....

Thanks, worked like a charm.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Well, like my Gramps used to say, 'ask what you want an answer to, not what you think the question should be'....

Thanks, worked like a charm.
Excellent wisdom from your Gramps (glad you got it working)
Old 04-27-2011, 01:20 PM
Sage Expert

How come searches in BMT don't work again? I'm trying to search for a movie I just added so I can putt metadata/fanart to it. No matter what words I put in the search box I get an error. Even for movies that are already in the library.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchSchaft View Post
How come searches in BMT don't work again? I'm trying to search for a movie I just added so I can putt metadata/fanart to it. No matter what words I put in the search box I get an error. Even for movies that are already in the library.
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55248
Old 04-27-2011, 01:40 PM
Sage Expert

Ok, I see. Not sure why it needs to be complicated. I just want to type a word in .
Old 04-27-2011, 01:50 PM
SageTVaholic

I would have to agree. A simple string search is much simpler. Certainly have the more powerful search for those that want it but I would imagine the simpler search would suffice for most people.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchSchaft View Post
Ok, I see. Not sure why it needs to be complicated. I just want to type a word in .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddeusz View Post
I would have to agree. A simple string search is much simpler. Certainly have the more powerful search for those that want it but I would imagine the simpler search would suffice for most people.
I guess the best way that I can answer those questions is that, first and foremost, BMT must satisfy my needs. If, in the event that others can benefit from this work, then I'm happy to oblige. It has to be "complicated" because that's what I need to search on. I have no other people working on this project, so, until that happens, the project changes based on my whims.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi Sean, thanks for updating BMT to accommodate "simple" text searches. However, I'm a bit confused, how do I do a simple search for a movie that's not in my import library? BMT always automatically searches and populates fanart and metadata for any BD/DVD/TV movie/TV Series very quickly without me having to do anything. Maybe you guys are referring to command line searches? If so, I dont need to use command-line; as everything is found automatically.

BTW, I have one small problem (using the latest and greatest BMT plugin; including John's CMT suplimentary plugin). For some reason the most popular national evening news show: "CBS Evening News With Katie Couric" isn't getting fanart/metadata automatically from BMT. I used to have fanart for this under SageTV 7; or at the very minimum a poster image. Now I dont have anything for it. When I try to use CMT's "Search for fanart and Metadata", I immediately get: "No Matches Found". It's a bit hard to believe there are no database entries for this news show that BMT+CMT can't find automatically. I know for a fact that IMDB has complete data for this show: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0800281/

I tried to manually download fanart+metadata via BMT's latest web interface using IMDB instead of TVDB; which looked like it was downloading the data; however, I dont see any of that in sageTV TV recordings.

Ideally, I'd like for BMT to automatically update fanart/metadata for this; but when CMT can't do it either; I'm thinking maybe there's something that can be done to get this working. Surprisingly, BMT is able to download every TV/Movie fanart/metadata I can throw at it... just not this news (which is very popular).

PS: I'm having a similar problem with the news show "Nightline". In my sageTV Guide it's called "Nightline"; but under TVDB it's called "Nightline Face-off"; which CMT can fine in a search; but when I manually select it, I dont see any fanart for it. There seems to be an IMDB entry for it; which doesnt show up in the CMT search.

Is there a problem with BMT automatic fanart/metadata downloader for popular News shows? Does the latest BMT by default check IMDB entries for News shows?

Sean, since these are national shows, I think you might be able to reproduce this behavior; and, maybe offer a suggestion for automatically (or manually) getting fanart/metadata for these news shows (preferably automatically).

I dont have any problems with "60 Minutes" or "Good Morning America".

Thanks,
Michael

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 04-28-2011 at 08:40 PM.