SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 11-10-2010, 08:19 AM
Sage User

This is a great package, thanks for the great work!

I have this installed on my SageTV 7 server and I'm using the web interface to get my stuff catalogued.

I move the "Fanart" folder and shared it on the network, and used the web configuration on the SageTV server to set the Fanart folder to the new network position \\SAGETV\Fanart\

Do any plugins need to be installed on the Clients or Extenders or will the fanart 'just work'?
Old 11-10-2010, 10:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfreymann View Post
This is a great package, thanks for the great work!

I have this installed on my SageTV 7 server and I'm using the web interface to get my stuff catalogued.

I move the "Fanart" folder and shared it on the network, and used the web configuration on the SageTV server to set the Fanart folder to the new network position \\SAGETV\Fanart\

Do any plugins need to be installed on the Clients or Extenders or will the fanart 'just work'?
Keep in mind that BMT is simply responsible for automatically or manually fetching fanart and media information about your files. It doesn't actually display fanart, etc, inside of SageTV. Fortunately, there are # of plugins that do use the Phoenix Fanart (which is the file structure that bmt populates), and there is a sticky in this forum about the plugins that do use "Phoenix". If you see a plugin with "Phoenix" in it's name they it will be compatible with the information that BMT writes/downloads.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:48 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Keep in mind that BMT is simply responsible for automatically or manually fetching fanart and media information about your files. It doesn't actually display fanart, etc, inside of SageTV. Fortunately, there are # of plugins that do use the Phoenix Fanart (which is the file structure that bmt populates), and there is a sticky in this forum about the plugins that do use "Phoenix". If you see a plugin with "Phoenix" in it's name they it will be compatible with the information that BMT writes/downloads.
Thanks stuckless. I found the Phoneix Fanart for SageTV V7 and installed that and configured the Fanart directory and all is well.

Looking good!! :-)
Old 11-15-2010, 09:53 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hello - new to this, and I have some questions.

I would like to correct the "StartDate" on some of my imported videos).

The time is wrong. Updating either the .my or .properties file doesn't fix it.

In BMT, I also see a "This is a Sage Recording and you have Preserve Recording Metadata enabled, so some fields are not editable." Not sure if this is the cause. Even if I "batch" move them back over to the import folder, I still cannot figure out where the file is getting this "StartDate" value from. Editing the .my or .properties file doesn't do anything.

I just hate looking at my "The Office" Season 2 and it says on the right that the "Aired on" Time is all the same (2009).
Any ideas? Thanks for your help!
Shawn
Old 11-16-2010, 07:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shield View Post
Hello - new to this, and I have some questions.

I would like to correct the "StartDate" on some of my imported videos).

The time is wrong. Updating either the .my or .properties file doesn't fix it.

In BMT, I also see a "This is a Sage Recording and you have Preserve Recording Metadata enabled, so some fields are not editable." Not sure if this is the cause. Even if I "batch" move them back over to the import folder, I still cannot figure out where the file is getting this "StartDate" value from. Editing the .my or .properties file doesn't do anything.

I just hate looking at my "The Office" Season 2 and it says on the right that the "Aired on" Time is all the same (2009).
Any ideas? Thanks for your help!
Shawn
You should be able to update the aired date from the .properties, but you'd have to have the .properties created before the file was imported. If you modify the .properties after, then you'll have to "touch" the media (ie, update it's file creation date/time) and then then tell sagetv to look for new media.

Or, I think that SageTV will read the Aired date from the actual file creation date time. So when you have a file, and before you import it into sagetv, then try to set the file creation date/time to be the aired date/time and see if that works.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:32 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
You should be able to update the aired date from the .properties, but you'd have to have the .properties created before the file was imported. If you modify the .properties after, then you'll have to "touch" the media (ie, update it's file creation date/time) and then then tell sagetv to look for new media.

Or, I think that SageTV will read the Aired date from the actual file creation date time. So when you have a file, and before you import it into sagetv, then try to set the file creation date/time to be the aired date/time and see if that works.
Thank you - I will try these things. I think it's picking it up from the file date.
Shawn
Old 11-16-2010, 09:04 AM
Sage Aficionado

Stuckless, thank you so much! There's a free little app called "Bulkfilechanger" that did the trick.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Glad it worked. Just so I'm clear, when you changed the file date on the media file, sage used that date/time as the aired date time. Or did you update the .propertes and set it that way.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:29 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Glad it worked. Just so I'm clear, when you changed the file date on the media file, sage used that date/time as the aired date time. Or did you update the .propertes and set it that way.
The former.
Old 11-20-2010, 12:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Sage takes the file date for the air date. You can sort by "original air date" in your recordings list to have the proper date order for shows. File creation dte is meaningless. For the most part, i think people import shows they forget to record, deleted in error, or are botched or not shown in their area. The default should be for BMT to use "orig air date" for whatever field Sage uses as "recording date", leaving the very few who want to change this to be able to do so manually.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Anyway to download bmt4 ver 17 or earlier

Hi and thank you for such a great app. I am still on sage 6, my wife is happy with it and see's no reason to pay for an upgrade. Since we are pretty broke right now.Yesterday I was having some sage problems and seen that my version of bmt was old so I upgraded to beta21. This version doesn't auto import into recordings and I raelly use that function. Is there anyway to get a copy of beta 17 or earlier? the links in this thread are dead and I need to go back to one that auto imports. thanks.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones71 View Post
Hi and thank you for such a great app. I am still on sage 6, my wife is happy with it and see's no reason to pay for an upgrade. Since we are pretty broke right now.Yesterday I was having some sage problems and seen that my version of bmt was old so I upgraded to beta21. This version doesn't auto import into recordings and I raelly use that function. Is there anyway to get a copy of beta 17 or earlier? the links in this thread are dead and I need to go back to one that auto imports. thanks.
Unfortunately, I did some house cleaning a while ago and I removed a lots of older builds. I left beta21 because it was the last good build that was still capable of running under v6. I could be wrong but doesn't b21 have an option in the web ui to automatically import tv as recordings (which can be turned on or off).
Old 12-09-2010, 11:15 PM
SageTVaholic

though be warned that pre-7.13, there is a significant bug with importing to tv recordings that caused a lot of cross-linked files and such.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 12-10-2010, 04:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

nope, b21 doesn't have an option. I thought I would ask. Guess I will just have to manually move them to recordings for now. It just takes so much time. That will teach me to backup before making changes.
Thanks for the help.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones71 View Post
nope, b21 doesn't have an option. I thought I would ask. Guess I will just have to manually move them to recordings for now. It just takes so much time. That will teach me to backup before making changes.
Thanks for the help.
I was able to dig up beta17... but I still recommend using beta21. But since I'm not really supporting either... you are free to use the one that works best for you
Old 12-14-2010, 02:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thank you

Thanks Sean.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hello,
after doing a reinstall of sage I think I managed to hose bmt. I get a failed on phoenix core services plug-in and bmt can't seem to get a status etc.... can't even create a support request packet. Any ideas where to start looking for the solution? I've uninstalled and reinstalled all plugins, phoenix core services is the only one showing a problem (that I can tell.)
thanks in advance.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikesquid View Post
Hello,
after doing a reinstall of sage I think I managed to hose bmt. I get a failed on phoenix core services plug-in and bmt can't seem to get a status etc.... can't even create a support request packet. Any ideas where to start looking for the solution? I've uninstalled and reinstalled all plugins, phoenix core services is the only one showing a problem (that I can tell.)
thanks in advance.
Sorry, I'm an idiot. Ain't it amazing what a restart can do?!
Old 03-18-2011, 08:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikesquid View Post
Sorry, I'm an idiot. Ain't it amazing what a restart can do?!
Sometimes, I've had to restart the sagetv process and extra time after doing an update. Not always, but sometimes. Not sure why it happens... but when doubt... reboot
Old 03-18-2011, 08:18 AM
Sage Aficionado

Before I changed sage pc's I was getting series/episode info in the .properties file, after I got bmt working again yesterday it built a couple .properties but without series/episode info. Checking the episode on thetvdb.com it's there so I'm wondering what I can do to get that info back into the properties file?

Edit: Oddly (or not) the info is available in the bmt web ui screen for the episode.... hmmmm......

Last edited by bikesquid; 03-18-2011 at 08:27 AM.