SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 11-03-2010, 07:58 PM
SageTVaholic

I feel, that since sage already shows the imports as HD or not, the fact that it was once a blu-ray means nothing to me. I actually don't like the way sage by default splits out DVD/BD from the rest of my videos - who cares what the source was?

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 11-04-2010, 09:55 AM
Sage Advanced User

I see your point, then the only challenge I have left is re ripping my BD so they all have a DD track for use with my older HD200.

Also the biggest one is about the parental controls. Is there a way to hide movies that meet the parental control restrictions from showing in the list until the unlock code is entered. THAT is the only thing from MP I miss.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

udating metadata

hello I'm a Newb to the new version. After installing the plug-in i checked the fanart folder to see if BMT had started downloading any new fanart but it had not. So I used the update metadata button and it started going through my library nd adding art. Did it not add art automatically due to Sagetv already having the movies in its data base?

Also in the config menu under Mymovies there are three entries

MyMovies Cache/Index Dir
MyMovies Collection Xml
MyMovies Index last modified date/time

Could some one elaborate on these?
I use MM but I am not sure where it stores its cache/index Dir or xml file.
Thanks for the help!
Old 11-04-2010, 10:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by veger69 View Post
hello I'm a Newb to the new version. After installing the plug-in i checked the fanart folder to see if BMT had started downloading any new fanart but it had not. So I used the update metadata button and it started going through my library nd adding art. Did it not add art automatically due to Sagetv already having the movies in its data base?
Correct. BMT's automatic feature is triggered on media import. If your media is already imported into sage, it will not get scanned by BMT. You did it right, using the web interface's Update Metadata button.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 11-05-2010, 12:28 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Correct. BMT's automatic feature is triggered on media import. If your media is already imported into sage, it will not get scanned by BMT. You did it right, using the web interface's Update Metadata button.
Where is that setting? Are you talking about "Refresh Library"?
Server: HP AMD64 dual core running Win7 64bit (MCE disabled) with 4G memory Tuners: 2 PVR-500(disabled), 3 HDHR and 1 HDPVR Clients: 2 HD200 and 1 HD100 TV: 70" and 52" and 42" Media Storage: ReadyNas 8TB Recording media: 300GB + 200GB+ 250 GB Network: Gigabit backbone'

Thanks to all the developers who work on SageMC, code, utilities and plug-ins to make SageTV better!!!
Old 11-05-2010, 06:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Which providers are you using?
If, when you use "Update Metadata", the option, "Only update items that have not been updated previously" is checked, then it will only update items that do not have any metadata. (ie, it checks a couple of fields, and if there isn't metadata, then it will get scanned). When a scan is complete, it will list a results button under the views, where it will show the results of items scanned and items skipped/failed.

Quote:

MyMovies Cache/Index Dir
MyMovies Collection Xml

I've never used mymovies... and I did actually pull it from one version of bmt, but then I added it back in. My assumption is that somewhere, mymovies has a collection xml file that lists all the movies. The cache and last modified fields never require editing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueOnda View Post
Where is that setting? Are you talking about "Refresh Library"?
When you browse a view, there is a button above the items, called, "Update Metadata". This will update the metadata for all items in that view (it will show a dialog first).

The BMT automatic scanner (ie, not the web ui, but the behind the scenes scanner) will ONLY get triggered when new media is added to your library. So, the automatic scanner will NOT scan items that are already existing.... that's what the web ui is for.

Last edited by stuckless; 11-05-2010 at 06:59 AM.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Code:

MyMovies Cache/Index Dir
MyMovies Collection Xml

I've never used mymovies... and I did actually pull it from one version of bmt, but then I added it back in. My assumption is that somewhere, mymovies has a collection xml file that lists all the movies. The cache and last modified fields never require editing.
Just for clarification. If you are using Sage My Movies that is the only mechanism needed for all your metadata and fanart for your movies only. The My Movie function in BMT would be used if you were NOT using Sage My Movies. Then the process would be to export out of the My Movies Collection Manager the collection.xml file and put it on a share. Then you would configure those fields in BMT based on where that files resides.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.

Last edited by gplasky; 11-05-2010 at 06:42 AM.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I'm just using BMT for the posters currently. Which reminds me to ask if there is anyway in the future of adding options for download location of fanart and naming convention? That would make BMT 100% usable with any plug-in that uses Fan Art.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Just for clarification. If you are using Sage My Movies that is the only mechanism needed for all your metadata and fanart for your movies only. The My Movie function in BMT would be used if you were NOT using Sage My Movies. Then the process would be to export out of the My Movies Collection Manager the collection.xml file and put it on a share. Then you would configure those fields in BMT based on where that files resides.

Gerry
I see so as long as I'm running SMM then I dont need to worry about these settings since is requires MM to be installed.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:51 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
When you browse a view, there is a button above the items, called, "Update Metadata". This will update the metadata for all items in that view (it will show a dialog first).

The BMT automatic scanner (ie, not the web ui, but the behind the scenes scanner) will ONLY get triggered when new media is added to your library. So, the automatic scanner will NOT scan items that are already existing.... that's what the web ui is for.
Thanks! Doing it now.
Quote:
If, when you use "Update Metadata", the option, "Only update items that have not been updated previously" is checked, then it will only update items that do not have any metadata. (ie, it checks a couple of fields, and if there isn't metadata, then it will get scanned). When a scan is complete, it will list a results button under the views, where it will show the results of items scanned and items skipped/failed.

Quote:
I see so as long as I'm running SMM then I dont need to worry about these settings since is requires MM to be installed.
I exported the the my movies XML file and pointed to it using BMT web ui. Do I need to do anything else to trigger BMT to read the XML? or will the update media for the imported videos work?
Server: HP AMD64 dual core running Win7 64bit (MCE disabled) with 4G memory Tuners: 2 PVR-500(disabled), 3 HDHR and 1 HDPVR Clients: 2 HD200 and 1 HD100 TV: 70" and 52" and 42" Media Storage: ReadyNas 8TB Recording media: 300GB + 200GB+ 250 GB Network: Gigabit backbone'

Thanks to all the developers who work on SageMC, code, utilities and plug-ins to make SageTV better!!!
Old 11-05-2010, 02:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

One more question if BMT sees the Metadata will it skip downloading Artwork aswell if the "do not update" option is selected?
Old 11-05-2010, 02:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I'm just using BMT for the posters currently. Which reminds me to ask if there is anyway in the future of adding options for download location of fanart and naming convention? That would make BMT 100% usable with any plug-in that uses Fan Art.
BMT uses the central fanart model that was discussed and implemented a long time ago, which is also known as the "Phoenix Fanart" model. BMT will not be changing to support the writing of fanart in other locations, at least not in the near future.

Keep in mind, that BMT is a tool, that uses multiple sources for it's metadata and fanart. Sources like MyMovies are not enabled by default, so you'd have to add it to the list of Movie Providers if you actually wanted to use it. You'd also have to configure where you MyMovies xml file is located as well.

Quote:
I would think that if you are using MM then you probably can remove BMT. There's no reason to have multiple metadata/fanart engines installed at the same time, and it will probably just lead to confusion in the long run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueOnda View Post
I exported the the my movies XML file and pointed to it using BMT web ui. Do I need to do anything else to trigger BMT to read the XML? or will the update media for the imported videos work?
As said above, you also need to add mymovies to the list of providers that you want to use when fetching metadata/fanart. Just configuring the MyMovies options doesn't do it. once it;s fully setup, you'd need to then re-scan your collection telling bmt to overwrite metadata. Or, ensure that the entry is in your xml file before you add the title to sage, and the automatic scanner will scan it and update it. But as noted above, if you are MM installed, then perhaps you don't need BMT as well.

Quote:
One more question if BMT sees the Metadata will it skip downloading Artwork aswell if the "do not update" option is selected?
If the item has a some custom metadata fields filled in, then it will also skip the fanart as well. The asumption that BMT makes is that if you have a valid MediaTitle then you probably have fanart as well.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yeah I would not use MM if it was not for Pluckys killer Plugin. Since Im forced to use MM I only need BMT to down load the missing fanart. Its either that or down load each poster by hand not doing that!
Old 11-09-2010, 07:16 AM
Sage Advanced User

Imported TV not being grouped

I did a new install of sage 7 using the latest BMT plugin. In the tv recordings All recorded tv shows are being grouped by title. All my imported tv shows are not being grouped. The title consists of folder\title - s01e01(ie: Family Guy/Family Guy - S01E01). This was fine when I first installed Sage 7 a month ago. Anyone see this before or have any solutions how to group them.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by banmj View Post
I did a new install of sage 7 using the latest BMT plugin. In the tv recordings All recorded tv shows are being grouped by title. All my imported tv shows are not being grouped. The title consists of folder\title - s01e01(ie: Family Guy/Family Guy - S01E01). This was fine when I first installed Sage 7 a month ago. Anyone see this before or have any solutions how to group them.
Are these files scanned by BMT, or were just imported into a new sagetv with existing properties? I've seen this on files that are imported with existing properties, since BMT will not rescan them. You could try rescanning some of the files with bmt to see if gets cleaned up.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Are these files scanned by BMT, or were just imported into a new sagetv with existing properties? I've seen this on files that are imported with existing properties, since BMT will not rescan them. You could try rescanning some of the files with bmt to see if gets cleaned up.
Yes, These were imported with existing properties. If i delete the properties files,
will BMT automatically scan them. Thanks
Old 11-09-2010, 04:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yes, These were imported with existing properties. If i delete the properties files,
will BMT automatically scan them. Thanks
Or you can rescan using the web ui. If u delete the properties then you'll have to force a full scan by removing the files and then really adding them.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Or you can rescan using the web ui. If u delete the properties then you'll have to force a full scan by removing the files and then really adding them.
Does refresh library do a rescan?, or is that just for new media?
Old 11-09-2010, 05:42 PM
Sage Fanatic

Did the IMDB scrape problem ever get patched? I still can't retrieve data for my movies manually?!
Old 11-09-2010, 05:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Does refresh library do a rescan?, or is that just for new media?
"Refresh" from the main toolbar only fetches metadata for newly added items. If you want to rescan files, you'll have to go into a view and use the find metadata button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heffneil View Post
Did the IMDB scrape problem ever get patched? I still can't retrieve data for my movies manually?!
Yeah, it's been fixed for a couple weeks now. I'm thinking you have another issue. You can send me the logs on a failed scan, and I can see if I see anything in there.