SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 10-07-2010, 10:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Exclamation

Quick question that I'm sure many people know by now... I've been messing and messing with the settings today. I would like to know the easiest way to restore all user-configurable defaults for sure.

Thanka,
michael

***RIP SageTV***
Old 10-08-2010, 06:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Unfortunately, I don't have a "reset" for BMT. I really should add that

The only way to reset the configuration would be to shut down the server, edit the Sage.properties, remove any bmt/ and phoenix/ entries, then start the server again.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:55 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
It's too bad that it's not working for you I use the automatic plugin almost daily on my sage server, and I've never had an issue, except for the odd show/movie that not named well. I typically don't use the web ui very often myself.

I did change how the automatic is invoked from Sage6 to 7 since in sage 7, a new event model was added that better supports hooking into when you need to fetch metadata/fanart. YOu might have better luck, if you ever go to Sage7.
It is not as bad as it sounds. Since I don't really add new TV shows that often I don't have to update as frequently as most shows are cached. Additionally, thanks to your genius it really isn't that difficult to issue an update and it takes 30 secs at most.

The strange thing about it is that new movies that I add to the media folder are automatically populated with metadata and fanart without having to update but TV shows are not. Maybe you can shed some light as to why this happens

The only thing unusual about my setup is that I have it recording to two different partitions on two different hard drives.

Thanks for all of your efforts. SageTV owns the BMT and Pheonix development team a great debt of gratitude.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsabre View Post
It is not as bad as it sounds. Since I don't really add new TV shows that often I don't have to update as frequently as most shows are cached. Additionally, thanks to your genius it really isn't that difficult to issue an update and it takes 30 secs at most.

The strange thing about it is that new movies that I add to the media folder are automatically populated with metadata and fanart without having to update but TV shows are not. Maybe you can shed some light as to why this happens

The only thing unusual about my setup is that I have it recording to two different partitions on two different hard drives.

Thanks for all of your efforts. SageTV owns the BMT and Pheonix development team a great debt of gratitude.
Unfortunately, I can't really offer a reason as to why it would work that way for TV It's either 1 of 2 reasons, but I don't know which. Either, the tv show fails the lookup (can't match series, episode, etc) or Sage doesn't notify bmt that there is a now show recorded.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:14 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I can't say for sure... it's been a long time since I used the 6.x release of bmt Because of the cross linked metadata issues that came up in the various releases, I'm wondering if I removed the direct wiz.bin updating or not... I do know for awhile it was gone, but then I'm not sure if I put it back in for 6. I know in 7 you have full update support again, because the cross linked issue has been resolved.
Yes, it does not appear that 4.0.21 is updating the wiz.bin.

Know of anything else I can use or any other methods to update the wiz.bin for V6?
Old 10-08-2010, 02:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by graywolf View Post
Yes, it does not appear that 4.0.21 is updating the wiz.bin.

Know of anything else I can use or any other methods to update the wiz.bin for V6?
The problem is the Sage6 didn't provide any "nice" ways to update the Wiz.bin... that's why I've moved on to Sage7, which includes a nice set of APIs for updating the Wiz.bin.

BMT does update the Wiz.bin in sage6, but it's more of hack approach.

Nielm's webserver, I think, allowed from some editing. I've never used it personally, but I have heard others mention it.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:36 PM
Sage User

Metadata Tools WebUI

Last night I went to update some metadata using Metadata Tools WebUI and it says "Unable to get metadata" it was working. I can search for the movie but it fails to fetch information. It looks the the Metadata Tool works I can manually enter a description and save it and it shows up in Sage. I have the btm logs but I have no clue what they mean.
Attached Files
File Type: txt log.txt (3.1 KB, 144 views)
Old 10-08-2010, 08:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpanywhere View Post
Last night I went to update some metadata using Metadata Tools WebUI and it says "Unable to get metadata" it was working. I can search for the movie but it fails to fetch information. It looks the the Metadata Tool works I can manually enter a description and save it and it shows up in Sage. I have the btm logs but I have no clue what they mean.
I noticed that imdb has changed their site. I think the imdb provider is broken I changed from providers from imdb to tmdb (ie, put the the moviedb first) and I was able to get metadata... I haven't looked into this very much at this point, but I think it's not a quick fix.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:33 PM
Sage User

Quote:
I noticed that imdb has changed their site. I think the imdb provider is broken I changed from providers from imdb to tmdb (ie, put the the moviedb first) and I was able to get metadata... I haven't looked into this very much at this point, but I think it's not a quick fix.
How do u do that? When I change the provider pref in the drop down the results still show up as the source being imdb. Is there a config setting I need to change?
Old 10-08-2010, 11:42 PM
Sage User

Quote:
I found it in fanart config how to add, delete and change search providers for movies. Once I changed it i can now find some movies. Just so happen the movie I'm looking for tmdb does have or can't find the why it kept showing only results for imdb. Thx
Old 10-11-2010, 05:07 PM
Sage User

I am getting the same problem "Unable to get Metadata". Tried putting tmdb first and IMDB second but IMDB is all that seems to return results. Any other ideas or is this going to require an updated plugin?

Regards,
---Wayne.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne5w View Post
I am getting the same problem "Unable to get Metadata". Tried putting tmdb first and IMDB second but IMDB is all that seems to return results. Any other ideas or is this going to require an updated plugin?

Regards,
---Wayne.
It's being worked on. But it'll be a few days (or longer) before i can release it.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:16 PM
Sage User

Cool, thanks for the update and they great plugin.

Regards,
---Wayne
Old 10-21-2010, 05:09 PM
Sage Icon

I’ve been using BMT to automatically import ripped TV series as recordings. All of my media is named properly, or so I think... For example: Dexter S01E01 and so on. I like my recordings to display newest first. For some reason the order is not always maintained for my imported media... For shows that are actively being recorded by Sage the order is in descending order. My imported media does not stay in order through the seasons. Episodes are scattered around. It’s weird, and I hope that I’m making sense... I’m starting here because My Sage recordings seem to be displaying properly.

Any ideas?
Old 10-21-2010, 05:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrems View Post
I’ve been using BMT to automatically import ripped TV series as recordings. All of my media is named properly, or so I think... For example: Dexter S01E01 and so on. I like my recordings to display newest first. For some reason the order is not always maintained for my imported media... For shows that are actively being recorded by Sage the order is in descending order. My imported media does not stay in order through the seasons. Episodes are scattered around. It’s weird, and I hope that I’m making sense... I’m starting here because My Sage recordings seem to be displaying properly.

Any ideas?
To be honest, I don't know how sagetv orders their media files. I do know that I've been tempted to write a small plugin that would sort by display name, since In Sage7, my TV files (not recordings, or imported recordings) appear to be in a random order. I don't there their is anything that BMT can do to order the files. Are you Sage6 or Sage7?
Old 10-21-2010, 05:35 PM
Sage Icon

I'm in v7 beta. I haven't installed any of the RC's yet. It's weird because some of the files are in perfect order and then like you said a random one is thrown in there... I'm glad I'm not the only one
Old 10-22-2010, 09:31 AM
SageTVaholic

If you are sorting by Intelligent, it will not always seem obvious how it's sorting them. I always sort by Original Air Date, as it is far easier to pervieve what it is doing.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 10-22-2010, 09:49 AM
Sage Icon

I actually don't understand the Intelligent sort; seems lack there of... I like my recordings/imported TV series to be grouped by title and appear newest to oldest. I don't use the intelligent sort. Just the grouping and sorting options. This view works fine for recordings that Sage does, and it get's a little wonky for the imported TV series...
Old 11-03-2010, 06:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have just returned to sage from Mediaportal mainly due to the HD300 and I have a quick couple of questions.

Is there a way to get all of my .MKV which are bluray rips to show up under the bluray section rather than the Imported videos section of BMT.

Also more important, is there a way to hide adult movies unless the pin code for parental controls is entered. This was a very nice feature of MP, all movies above a given rating are completely hidden unless the unlock code is entered.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi and welcome back! What a great time to come back with the introduction of sageTV 7 and the HD300. There's no feature in BMT, SageTV, or any other current addon which allows sageTV to treat ALL MKV's as bluray disc that I know of; at least, since I last checked. The only way I know of is to convert each MKV you want to show up as a blu-ray disc by remuxing the MKV file to ripped bluray disc format using tsMuxeR from http://www.smlabs.net/tsmuxer_en.html. Just drag n drop the mkv onto that program after you start it and select to remux it to "Blu-ray disk" format. It then converts the movie with zero quality loss and relatively quick since the files dont have to be re-encoded.

I tried it a couple of times just now; and, it does make the movie appear as a blu-ray disc. tsmuxer is free and doesnt require to install. It's just a single self-contained executable.

If enough people want to see this kind of feature in sageTV, I'm sure someone will make a small plugin for it.

Good luck,
-Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by mguebert View Post
I have just returned to sage from Mediaportal mainly due to the HD300 and I have a quick couple of questions.

Is there a way to get all of my .MKV which are bluray rips to show up under the bluray section rather than the Imported videos section of BMT.

Also more important, is there a way to hide adult movies unless the pin code for parental controls is entered. This was a very nice feature of MP, all movies above a given rating are completely hidden unless the unlock code is entered.

***RIP SageTV***