SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 07-18-2010, 09:50 AM
Sage Expert

Roger that, thanks anyway.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:05 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchSchaft View Post
Alright, that issue is squared away.

Concerning BMT, for a while now, when I look up fanart, BMT will download the thumbnail version of a poster instead of going deeper and grabbing the entire "real" file. I have to go back and manually delete the smaller poster and add the normal poster. Is this something anybody else has had an issue with? It's not recently for me and sometimes it's even intermitant. It did it with v6 and the new v7 sage stuff.
This just started happening to me too and it was after the .12 beta update. I'm not sure if it is the Sage update or plugin updates that I've done that are doing this but this is affecting both my TV recordings as well as my DVDs. For some reason, even my DVDs that previously had fine fanart now have several (maybe 20%?) that all of a sudden are showing very small fanart. And with TV recordings, it is happening as well but this might only be happening to TV shows that I'm recording via Sage AND also have the season DVD (like Burn Notice). I attached a couple images to see if this is what you are talking about.

Also, some of my DVDs like "The Mentalist" which have several fanart pictures, for this one, 2 of them are very small and the rest are normal sized.

I find it a bit weird that I wasn't seeing this at all and now I'm seeing it on several DVDs that had been fine for weeks.

Edit: I had the wrong .jpg in there. Fixed now

Also, I did some looking at the actual files in the fanart folder. BMT is NOT grabbing the thumbnails in my case... all the images I have in there for The Mentalist are huge. I've gone into BMT and changed the background scaling from 1024 to -1 but didn't see any difference. Will restart Sage once my recording is done and see if that does anything. But, this is weird because at 1024, if that is actual pixels, that is way larger than what I'm seeing so not sure what's up?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fanart DVD small.JPG (252.8 KB, 166 views)
File Type: jpg fanart DVD normal.JPG (279.7 KB, 189 views)

Last edited by Brent94Z; 07-18-2010 at 07:28 PM.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent94Z View Post
This just started happening to me too and it was after the .12 beta update. I'm not sure if it is the Sage update or plugin updates that I've done that are doing this but this is affecting both my TV recordings as well as my DVDs. For some reason, even my DVDs that previously had fine fanart now have several (maybe 20%?) that all of a sudden are showing very small fanart. And with TV recordings, it is happening as well but this might only be happening to TV shows that I'm recording via Sage AND also have the season DVD (like Burn Notice). I attached a couple images to see if this is what you are talking about.

Also, some of my DVDs like "The Mentalist" which have several fanart pictures, for this one, 2 of them are very small and the rest are normal sized.

I find it a bit weird that I wasn't seeing this at all and now I'm seeing it on several DVDs that had been fine for weeks.

Edit: I had the wrong .jpg in there. Fixed now

Also, I did some looking at the actual files in the fanart folder. BMT is NOT grabbing the thumbnails in my case... all the images I have in there for The Mentalist are huge. I've gone into BMT and changed the background scaling from 1024 to -1 but didn't see any difference. Will restart Sage once my recording is done and see if that does anything. But, this is weird because at 1024, if that is actual pixels, that is way larger than what I'm seeing so not sure what's up?
I'm noticing, that from the screenshots, that doesn't look like the stock sagetv7 ui. Perhaps this is an issue in whatever plugin you might be running?
Old 07-18-2010, 09:26 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I'm noticing, that from the screenshots, that doesn't look like the stock sagetv7 ui. Perhaps this is an issue in whatever plugin you might be running?
Correct. That is the Diamond Theme. But, that may not have been it because I was able to fix all my images by doing the following...

1. Changed the background scaling to -1 in BMT. This had no effect (but I did no restart and not sure if that would have been required?).
2. Deleted all image files and url files in the cache since I'm pretty sure the images were being used from here and my thinking was doing this, the images would once again be taken from the fanart folder but maybe not scaled "so much".
3. Restarted Sage.

Doing the above fixed em all So, not exactly sure what happened to cause many of them to scale down so small since BMT was set to 1024 for the backgrounds already and my images were way smaller than that.

I'll keep an eye on it and if it doesn't happen again I'll just say it was a glitch

If it does happen again, I'll try switching themes to see if that might have something to do with it. Thanks, Sean!
Old 07-18-2010, 10:01 PM
Sage Fanatic

On an entirely different subject, Sean, I had mentioned something a while back and have just figured out how to make the issue consistently repeatable.

If I view my DVDs from the DVD/BD menu option, I won't have an issue with fanart or the DVD covers. They all work and display the images for my entire DVD list. However, If I browse my DVD collection using the "Folders" menu option and then browse any of the three folders I have setup, I don't see fanart or DVD covers for ONLY my DVDs which are TV shows. What it looks like is happening is that all images that are pulled from the fanart\TV folder are not being displayed. For the DVD covers I get the generic DVD logo. What else is weird is then going back into my DVDs from the "DVD/BD" menu option, these same images STILL don't show (where they did before). In order to get them to come back, I have to restart Sage and then I'll have good covers and backgrounds for both Movies and TV... until I go back into the "Folders" menu option at which time the TV fanart breaks until I restart.

If needed, I can attach an image of what it looks like after I go into the "Folders" menu option. Oh, just going into "Folders" without actually clicking on one of my 3 folders does NOT cause the images to be lost. Once in "Folders" if I actually select one of the folders, that is when the fanart images are lost.

Also, I just realized, this could be a Pheonix plugin issue (Maybe nothing to do with BMT?) but I'm no expert and I've already got this typed up here and not sure how they integrate with each other. LOL

Thanks!

Last edited by Brent94Z; 07-18-2010 at 10:10 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

Can anyone weigh in on this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulprops77 View Post
I'm trying to do something fairly specific. . .

I would like to use BMT to automatically scan and pull metadata and fanart for my TV shows, and just fanart for my video collection (no metadata).

Is this possible with 4.2?

Thanks,
Chris
Old 07-19-2010, 11:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
On an entirely different subject, Sean, I had mentioned something a while back and have just figured out how to make the issue consistently repeatable.

If I view my DVDs from the DVD/BD menu option, I won't have an issue with fanart or the DVD covers. They all work and display the images for my entire DVD list. However, If I browse my DVD collection using the "Folders" menu option and then browse any of the three folders I have setup, I don't see fanart or DVD covers for ONLY my DVDs which are TV shows. What it looks like is happening is that all images that are pulled from the fanart\TV folder are not being displayed. For the DVD covers I get the generic DVD logo. What else is weird is then going back into my DVDs from the "DVD/BD" menu option, these same images STILL don't show (where they did before). In order to get them to come back, I have to restart Sage and then I'll have good covers and backgrounds for both Movies and TV... until I go back into the "Folders" menu option at which time the TV fanart breaks until I restart.

If needed, I can attach an image of what it looks like after I go into the "Folders" menu option. Oh, just going into "Folders" without actually clicking on one of my 3 folders does NOT cause the images to be lost. Once in "Folders" if I actually select one of the folders, that is when the fanart images are lost.

Also, I just realized, this could be a Pheonix plugin issue (Maybe nothing to do with BMT?) but I'm no expert and I've already got this typed up here and not sure how they integrate with each other. LOL

Thanks!
BMT only downloads the fanart... so for sure, it's not a bmt, unless the images are not being downloaded. It certainly could be a phoenix fanart api issue, but I suspect that it would have shown up long before now, since those apis have been in use for a long time. I'd actually contact the forum the various fanart plugins that you may be using, and see where that leads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulprops77 View Post
Can anyone weigh in on this?
Out of the box, you cannot selectively tell bmt to grab all metadata/fanart for TV but only fanart for movies. You might be able to do something like this if you manually ran bmt command line, but even then, i'm not 100% sure.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:29 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
BMT only downloads the fanart... so for sure, it's not a bmt, unless the images are not being downloaded. It certainly could be a phoenix fanart api issue, but I suspect that it would have shown up long before now, since those apis have been in use for a long time. I'd actually contact the forum the various fanart plugins that you may be using, and see where that leads.
Thanks, Sean! I'm only using Pheonix... that I'm aware of anyway. haha

I did see a post about turning off the creation of the properties files as this is not required in V7. I have all these properties files. So, what I'll do is get this running without the creations of properties files and see if that changes anything. If it doesn't fix it, I'll mention this issue in the Pheonix plugin thread to see if they have any ideas. Thanks!
Old 07-19-2010, 11:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks, Sean! I'm only using Pheonix... that I'm aware of anyway. haha

I did see a post about turning off the creation of the properties files as this is not required in V7. I have all these properties files. So, what I'll do is get this running without the creations of properties files and see if that changes anything. If it doesn't fix it, I'll mention this issue in the Pheonix plugin thread to see if they have any ideas. Thanks!
I know you are not running Phoenix... since it's not released But you may be rulling a plugin that uses the phoenix apis to resolve fanart. BMT/phoenix-apis on their own have no UI, except the web ui... so, if you are seeing (or not seeing) fanart in SageTV stv, then that is provided by another plugin, other than bmt/phoenix-api. (i that clarifies things...)
Old 07-19-2010, 02:15 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
I know you are not running Phoenix... since it's not released But you may be rulling a plugin that uses the phoenix apis to resolve fanart. BMT/phoenix-apis on their own have no UI, except the web ui... so, if you are seeing (or not seeing) fanart in SageTV stv, then that is provided by another plugin, other than bmt/phoenix-api. (i that clarifies things...)
Yes, you are right I have a "Phoenix fanart" plugin. Sorry for the confusion and not using the correct terminology
Old 08-06-2010, 09:50 AM
Sage Expert

I originally posted this in this thread:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49611

I figured I should ask it here instead of there.

---

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt91 View Post
This is what I see in BMT for a Sportscenter recording. I have no idea how it got "linked" to Whale Wars, but it did.

Media Type: TV
Fanart Title: Whale Wars
Show Title: Sports Center
Show Id: SH0199170000
Fanart Location: C:\Fanart\TV\Whale Wars\Season 3
I had this issue as well and decided to uninstall BMT as it was using the same image for all my recordings. Since stopping, everything has gone back to normal for new recordings.

I decided today that I wanted to give BMT a try again. I started looking at the 'problem' recordings and found that when browsing to the files that their thumbnail in the webui looks correct but the Fanart Location is pathed incorrectly (like the example above).

Is there an easy way for me to break the links to the incorrect Fanart image without having to edit each recording's data by hand?
Old 08-06-2010, 09:59 AM
SageTVaholic

No, not really. they were crosslinked by a bug in sage (has sense been fixed for 7.0.12 or later). Once crosslinked, you'd have to fix them yourself.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 08-06-2010, 10:33 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
No, not really. they were crosslinked by a bug in sage (has sense been fixed for 7.0.12 or later). Once crosslinked, you'd have to fix them yourself.
Thanks for the info. I just took a look at the WebUI and I'm not really seeing a way to update the Fanart Location. The entry is not editable. How can I make the change?

Also, being new to BMT, I'm curious as to if it should be pulling images to replace the image Sage creates (after 15 seconds or something) as episode thumbnails. Those thumbnails are usually pretty useless as I pad most/all recordings.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:15 PM
SageTVaholic

no, bmt wont replace the thumbnails. it'd be up to the UI to show the downloaded fanart instead of the thumbnail if fanart is present.

as for the crosslinked fanart, it is probably easiest to just remove, readd, and rescan the corrupted items.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 08-09-2010, 07:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

all files marked movie

Sorry if asked and answered. Previously when i imported tv rips (Brady Bunch in this case) and had the settings to automatic and put TV into recordings, they would all go in there nicely. Do not know what I changed (well, i did add SMM) but all files that get imported are tagged movies. Even ones that used to be TV (brady bunch) are now being seen as movies. Anyone see this? Thanks
Old 08-09-2010, 09:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabre View Post
Sorry if asked and answered. Previously when i imported tv rips (Brady Bunch in this case) and had the settings to automatic and put TV into recordings, they would all go in there nicely. Do not know what I changed (well, i did add SMM) but all files that get imported are tagged movies. Even ones that used to be TV (brady bunch) are now being seen as movies. Anyone see this? Thanks
TV importing was removed at one point, but it's back in there now. You'll need to enable it in the configuration, since by default, it is turned off.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

I think SageTV is not calling BMT when new videos are added, either recordings or new imported videos.

As per instructions my Metadata parsers are set to:
Code:
org.jdna.sage.MetadataUpdaterPlugin
The manual says:
Quote:
Once you enable the plugin, you should also configure how you want the automatic plugin to behave. To do this, go to, Configuration -> Metadata Tools -> Automatic Plugin Configuration.

From this panel you can configure how the automatic should process files.

Enabled can be used to disable the plugin without unistalling it
However, I don't have a Configuration -> Metadata tools -> Automatic Plugin Configuration..

Closest I have is Configuration -> Phoenix -> Fanart/Metadata Options, and I don't see an enabled in there...

Not sure where I should look.. If I go to Browse -> Missing Metadata -> Update Metadata it finds metadata for the new videos.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
TV importing was removed at one point, but it's back in there now. You'll need to enable it in the configuration, since by default, it is turned off.
Thanks Sean. I have the setting turned on. However it seems for me all imports are being considered as movies despite clear tv titles with SxxExx format in title. I will have to play around with it some more to try and figure it out.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabre View Post
Thanks Sean. I have the setting turned on. However it seems for me all imports are being considered as movies despite clear tv titles with SxxExx format in title. I will have to play around with it some more to try and figure it out.
Do you know if you have other metadata plugins installed... I know now that ortus and mymovies both provide metadata... It's going to get hard to tell if perhaps bmt is handling a media item, or if another plugin is handling it. If another plugin handles the metadata update first, then bmt will not attempt to re-update it, especially on an automatic import.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:04 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Do you know if you have other metadata plugins installed... I know now that ortus and mymovies both provide metadata... It's going to get hard to tell if perhaps bmt is handling a media item, or if another plugin is handling it. If another plugin handles the metadata update first, then bmt will not attempt to re-update it, especially on an automatic import.
I did not install the Ortus movie trailers, but i do have Sage My Movies plug-in. Perhaps that is getting a hold of it first?

Note, for the new Sage setting 'enable_converting_imported_videos_to_tv_recordings', as to be expected, if set to 'false' it will not allow BMT to save as TV recording (default is 'true'). I did learn this the hard way, but that was another issue.