SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 07-17-2010, 11:03 AM
Sage Expert

Yeah, that's how I thought it worked. But, shows that did have metadata/season/episode numbers when I was using v6 of sage just dont show their metadata/fanart in Sage7's Video menu. It sounds like I'm going to have to manually retag all of my videos again, which I have thousands.

Another issue I had when I was testing this is, for instance, Penn & Teller's show were fully tagged properly in v6, I had to retag them in v7 to get them to show up properly for your plugin to see. Also, Chuck Norris Karate Kommandos (lol), was tagged in v6 and I had to retag them so your plugin could see them. I moved them over with your plugin and 2 of penn & teller's shows got moved over to the tv recordings along with the chuck norris karate kommandos in the same group. So I have 2 Penn & Teller episodes that think they are and are labeled as chuck norris karate kommandos. Weird stuff is goin on .

I dont know if this is making sense really. Here's a couple screenshots.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:05 AM
Sage Expert

screenshots didnt show up
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kommandos.jpg (231.6 KB, 177 views)
File Type: jpg weird.jpg (310.6 KB, 175 views)
Old 07-17-2010, 11:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchSchaft View Post
screenshots didnt show up
Those appear to be the metadata crosslinking that was just fixed in the latest beta build (7.0.12), and not a problem with the actual file-moving plugin. There was a problem in the way sage was internally associating metadata with airings.. sometimes... that was seriously screwing thing up when using 3rd party metadata utilities (like BMT). Most likely the fix would be to remove the files, upgrade to 7.0.12, then bring them back in. That is, assuming the .properties files weren't screwed up by the bug already.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 07-17-2010, 11:42 AM
Sage Expert

That's funny because I did the update last night after the announcement was made. But I already tried moving the videos over like an hour before, ha.

Ok, besides that, do all of your videos show up in BMT's ui under "Missing Metadata"? All of mine do, even though there are .properties files for each video and there is the correct data in those files. The only thing I see missing is the "Fanart Title".

I have a feeling Sage just isnt picking up on the .properties files somehow and that's why your plugin is not seeing my tv shows as having proper tags, therefore not moving them over until I reupdate the tag through sage's BMT search in the video folder and rerunning your mover.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (320.2 KB, 203 views)
File Type: jpg Untitled2.jpg (186.7 KB, 173 views)

Last edited by MitchSchaft; 07-17-2010 at 11:49 AM.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:47 AM
SageTVaholic

So much has changed in the way metadata is handled by sage in v7 that it would probably be best to just re-update it all from BMT anyways. I'd actually recommend just doing away with properties files anyways, as they really are a clunky mess, and are not needed anymore (with v7 and newer BMT).

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:49 AM
Sage Expert

Oh really. I didnt know that. Are you talking about using the new .xml system?
Old 07-17-2010, 11:52 AM
SageTVaholic

No, sage added metadata api calls in v7 that made the old way BMT used obsolete. It use to write the metadata to a .properties file, then change the files date to get sage to refresh it. Sage would the pull the metadata from the newly modified properties file. Now, all BMT has to do is call a Sage API call to modify the metadata directly. .properties files are no longer needed.

EDIT: There is a property that would need to be changed in the BMT WebUI to disable the generation of properties file on metadata changes, but after that is set, and you remove your old properties files, you will end up with nice clean folders.. ;-)

Old 07-17-2010, 11:54 AM
Sage Expert

Wow, I guess I should've done more research. So what would you do in my position? Delete all the .properties files and rescan everything in BMT from scratch? Should I reinstall Sage from scratch to start with a new Wiz.bin or anything?
Old 07-17-2010, 12:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Honestly, I wouldn't have ditched the old wiz.bin to start with, then you wouldn't have any of these issues.

As for what to do now, it would depend on how your files are all named and such. If they are named well (with at least title and episode information) then BMT should be able to find the info with little interaction on your part. If that is the case, then yes, I would remove the old .properties files, and scan with BMT.

Old 07-17-2010, 12:21 PM
Sage Expert

Ok, cool. But, I do have the old v6 Wiz.bin laying around from last week. Maybe I'll drop that in to save a lot of time.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:26 PM
SageTVaholic

You might, the nice thing is, any recordings made since then (which wouldn't be in the v6 wiz.bin) should have the metadata stored in the files (since v7 does this) and would probably import fine. Any favorites you've changed since the move to v7 would be lost though, as well as any watched/like/dislike status, etc

Old 07-17-2010, 12:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
That's funny because I did the update last night after the announcement was made. But I already tried moving the videos over like an hour before, ha.

Ok, besides that, do all of your videos show up in BMT's ui under "Missing Metadata"? All of mine do, even though there are .properties files for each video and there is the correct data in those files. The only thing I see missing is the "Fanart Title".

I have a feeling Sage just isnt picking up on the .properties files somehow and that's why your plugin is not seeing my tv shows as having proper tags, therefore not moving them over until I reupdate the tag through sage's BMT search in the video folder and rerunning your mover.
Missing Metadata is simply checks a couple of fields, and if they are empty, then it assumes they are missing metadata. MediaTitle (which is the Fanart Title, used for Fanart) is in that list, so if it's empty, then BMT will complain that it is missing metadata. The basic fields it looks at are... MediaTitle, MediaType, and SeasonNumber (if MediaType==TV)
Old 07-17-2010, 12:37 PM
Sage Expert

Awesome, thanks, guys. I'll get to work!
Old 07-17-2010, 02:19 PM
Sage Expert

Alright, that issue is squared away.

Concerning BMT, for a while now, when I look up fanart, BMT will download the thumbnail version of a poster instead of going deeper and grabbing the entire "real" file. I have to go back and manually delete the smaller poster and add the normal poster. Is this something anybody else has had an issue with? It's not recently for me and sometimes it's even intermitant. It did it with v6 and the new v7 sage stuff.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Alright, that issue is squared away.

Concerning BMT, for a while now, when I look up fanart, BMT will download the thumbnail version of a poster instead of going deeper and grabbing the entire "real" file. I have to go back and manually delete the smaller poster and add the normal poster. Is this something anybody else has had an issue with? It's not recently for me and sometimes it's even intermitant. It did it with v6 and the new v7 sage stuff.
This may be 1 of 3 things...
1. BMT automatically scales posters and backgrounds, unless the scaling settings are set to -1
2. Sites like TMDB have multiple copies of the same file, at different sizes. It may be that bmt is downloading all sizes of the fanart.
3. Something else
Old 07-17-2010, 04:16 PM
Sage Expert

Lol, ok, I'll check in to that.

*edit*
They sure were set to scale. Thanks!
*/edit*
Old 07-17-2010, 09:24 PM
Sage Expert

Even though it is no longer set to scale, it still grabs the smaller thumbnail. Just an FYI.
Old 07-18-2010, 05:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Even though it is no longer set to scale, it still grabs the smaller thumbnail. Just an FYI.
It's probably that i'm grabbing a lower res image. I added an issue, so that I remember to to look at it. btw, the scaling default are in there specifically to help extenders. I basically try to scale backgrounds to the native resolution of the extender UI. This helps with the performance of extenders.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:11 AM
Sage Expert

That's understandable and no real problem for me.

I do have another question. Is there a way to batch-change a bunch of video show titles at once for a particular folder?
Old 07-18-2010, 09:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
That's understandable and no real problem for me.

I do have another question. Is there a way to batch-change a bunch of video show titles at once for a particular folder?
Unfortunately, while I have plans to allow for batch editing of metadata, none of it is actually implemented