SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 07-09-2010, 05:24 PM
Sage Expert

Oh, I'm sorry .
Thanks for everything, though!
Old 07-09-2010, 05:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchSchaft View Post
Oh, I'm sorry .
Thanks for everything, though!
I can add it to the list of features that I've removed, that people actually want though... and maybe someday, when things are less crazy I can add it back in
Old 07-09-2010, 05:46 PM
Sage Expert

Absolutely, I love that part.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:29 AM
Sage Aficionado

Sean,

First off, I love the work you do, I can't thank you enough. I have a question, possible suggestion, for BMT 4. I'm using the latest through the Sage TV v7 Pluggin Updater.

Scenario: I have a Videos folder which has two sub-folders, TV and Movies. Under TV are sub-folders for each show, and then each show is labeled "Series Name - SXXEXX - Show Title". What I'm finding now is, 90% of all the TV shows are showing up in BMT as "Movies", and currently it's a real labor intensive job to go into the properties to change each one individually to a TV type and then put the Season & Episode Data in, change the show title, etc.

What I propose is, is there any way when BMT is scrapping metadata, and it sees the folder is labeled TV, to default the type to "TV"? What do you think?

I know everyone isn't setup this way, but I think a fair amount of people are. I'm not sure about the logic in your code, so I don't know how difficult this would be, but I thought I'd offer it as a possible idea.

Whether this can be done or not, thanks again for all your hard work, I can't fathom how much time this takes, I really do appreciate your efforts!

- Cha
Software: Sage Server 7.1.9 on Windows 7 (Virtualized in ESXi)
Clients: i3-2105, ASRock Z68 Pro3-M, 4GB DDR3 1600, 64GB SATA III (OS), 2TB WD Green (Recording), PNY GT 430 // 2 x HD-300
Old 07-13-2010, 10:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaOConnor View Post
Sean,

First off, I love the work you do, I can't thank you enough. I have a question, possible suggestion, for BMT 4. I'm using the latest through the Sage TV v7 Pluggin Updater.

Scenario: I have a Videos folder which has two sub-folders, TV and Movies. Under TV are sub-folders for each show, and then each show is labeled "Series Name - SXXEXX - Show Title". What I'm finding now is, 90% of all the TV shows are showing up in BMT as "Movies", and currently it's a real labor intensive job to go into the properties to change each one individually to a TV type and then put the Season & Episode Data in, change the show title, etc.

What I propose is, is there any way when BMT is scrapping metadata, and it sees the folder is labeled TV, to default the type to "TV"? What do you think?

I know everyone isn't setup this way, but I think a fair amount of people are. I'm not sure about the logic in your code, so I don't know how difficult this would be, but I thought I'd offer it as a possible idea.

Whether this can be done or not, thanks again for all your hard work, I can't fathom how much time this takes, I really do appreciate your efforts!

- Cha
Cha, I would think that something is not currently configured correctly (or there is a bug in bmt), since the most comment tv format is "Series S##E## EpisodeName", and there are scrapers in place for this format. When bmt sees a file with that format, then it will force the media type to TV, and do the search. Now, if it cannot find a metadata hit, then no metadata will be updated, and by default it may treat the files as "Movies" simply because the TV media type is not there.

Even if I were to default the MediaType to TV for files in the TV directory, then they will still not display corrently, because there would be no TV metadata for them.

If, you are seeing TV shows shows up with correct metadata, but the MediaType is Movie, then that is a bug... or a configuration issue.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Cha, I would think that something is not currently configured correctly (or there is a bug in bmt), since the most comment tv format is "Series S##E## EpisodeName", and there are scrapers in place for this format. When bmt sees a file with that format, then it will force the media type to TV, and do the search. Now, if it cannot find a metadata hit, then no metadata will be updated, and by default it may treat the files as "Movies" simply because the TV media type is not there.

Even if I were to default the MediaType to TV for files in the TV directory, then they will still not display corrently, because there would be no TV metadata for them.

If, you are seeing TV shows shows up with correct metadata, but the MediaType is Movie, then that is a bug... or a configuration issue.
Sean, thank you for the reply!

Hmm, so that's interesting. I just did a complete WHS re-install and wipe. If my folders are laid out the way I stated and the shows are labeled as such, what''s the best way of "zeroing" out all the metadata and starting from scratch?

Presumably I'd have BMT cleanup all .properties files, remove the import folder, then re-add the import directory? I'm using the default, as in no modifications, to the install from BMT via the Sage 7 pluggin manager.

Thanks again for your reply!
Clients: i3-2105, ASRock Z68 Pro3-M, 4GB DDR3 1600, 64GB SATA III (OS), 2TB WD Green (Recording), PNY GT 430 // 2 x HD-300
Old 07-13-2010, 01:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaOConnor View Post
Sean, thank you for the reply!

Hmm, so that's interesting. I just did a complete WHS re-install and wipe. If my folders are laid out the way I stated and the shows are labeled as such, what''s the best way of "zeroing" out all the metadata and starting from scratch?

Presumably I'd have BMT cleanup all .properties files, remove the import folder, then re-add the import directory? I'm using the default, as in no modifications, to the install from BMT via the Sage 7 pluggin manager.

Thanks again for your reply!
If you do a rescan, ie, drop the import folder and then re-add it, and then send me the phoenix.log file (you can create it using the Tools -> Create Support Request" from the web ui) and send it to me, then I can review the log and see what's going on.

BTW, it's best to do this after a clean restart of the sagetv system just so that the log files get reset.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

Roger that, will do it tonight when I get home. Thanks man!
Old 07-13-2010, 07:02 PM
Sage Icon

I'm running into an issue when I use the web interface to update metadata on some imported videos. If I try to "find metadata" and get only a single listing back from the search, if I click on the resulting name, it just flashes "fetching metadata" for a moment and I see "unable to get metadata" in red at the top of the screen. But if I get multiple listings from the search, I can click on that same listing that errrored out and now get that metadata.

As an example, a file named "alaska spirit of the wild", when searching with the full name, I'll get a single result back, but I can't fetch the metadata. but if I search for "spirit of the wild", one of the results will be "alaska spirit of the wild" and I can then fetch the metadata and then update the metadata.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:39 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
If you do a rescan, ie, drop the import folder and then re-add it, and then send me the phoenix.log file (you can create it using the Tools -> Create Support Request" from the web ui) and send it to me, then I can review the log and see what's going on.

BTW, it's best to do this after a clean restart of the sagetv system just so that the log files get reset.
Looks like that did the trick! Thanks! I guess what happened was the files had already been imported prior to installing BMT, so by clearing it out and restarting the process w/ BMT installed, it seems to have worked. Thank you again!
Old 07-14-2010, 01:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Since you've posted this in the 3.1 area... i'm assuming your are, in fact, running the 3.1 version. I think that even in 3.1 (although I can't really recall), you can configure BMT to work on TV or Movies, or both. If not, then in the 4.x releases you can actually tell BMT to only scan TV files.
My bad. . . I meant to post in the 4.0 forum, so here we are.

Right now I just have BMT set to exclude the folders that hold my movies. How would I tell it to only go to work on TV shows?

Thanks,
Chris
Old 07-14-2010, 07:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulprops77 View Post
My bad. . . I meant to post in the 4.0 forum, so here we are.

Right now I just have BMT set to exclude the folders that hold my movies. How would I tell it to only go to work on TV shows?

Thanks,
Chris
IN the web ui automatic plugin configuration, you can set the supported video types to "TV" only, and for good measure, you can probably blank out the MOVIE Providers (ie, where you set imdb, tmdb, etc)
Old 07-14-2010, 10:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Custom Metadata Fields

Is there a complete list of all the custom Metadata fields we can enter in BMT's Custom Metadata Fields field?
I'm using DVD Profiler and I noticed the custom Metadata field "Year" grabs the DVD release year. Can this be changed to grab the production year? (IE: Castle Keep DVD was released on 7/27/2004 and it's production year is 1969. Year in BMT says 2004.)

Here's what I have so far:
Code:
RunningTime;Actor;Description;Director;DiscNumber;EpisodeName;EpisodeNumber;ExtendedRatings;Fanart;Genre;Guest;IMDBID;MediaProviderDataID;MediaProviderID;MediaTitle;MediaType;OriginalAirDate;ParentalRating;Rated;SeasonNumber;Title;UserRating;Writer;Year;
Old 07-14-2010, 10:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

Media Types

What are all of the valid media types we can specify in the "Media Types" options?

What does any_video mean?
Code:
ANY_VIDEO,VIDEO,DVD,BLURAY,RECORDING,TV
Old 07-15-2010, 01:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishallowell View Post
What are all of the valid media types we can specify in the "Media Types" options?

What does any_video mean?
Code:
ANY_VIDEO,VIDEO,DVD,BLURAY,RECORDING,TV
I believe ANY_VIDEO encompasses VIDEO,DVD,BLURAY,RECORDING,TV. So ANY_VIDEO would cover all of them.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
I believe ANY_VIDEO encompasses VIDEO,DVD,BLURAY,RECORDING,TV. So ANY_VIDEO would cover all of them.

Gerry
Any Video mean exactly that... Any Video.

But, to give a better explanation of all the types...

ANY_VIDEO = Any Video File
VIDEO = Regular Video File (not TV)
TV = Any TV file (Includes Recordings, Files like Show - S01E01.avi, etc)
RECORDING = Sage Recording ONLY
DVD = DVD Item
BLURAY = BLURAY Item
VIDEO_DISC = DVD + BLURAY
Old 07-15-2010, 03:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishallowell View Post
Is there a complete list of all the custom Metadata fields we can enter in BMT's Custom Metadata Fields field?
I'm using DVD Profiler and I noticed the custom Metadata field "Year" grabs the DVD release year. Can this be changed to grab the production year? (IE: Castle Keep DVD was released on 7/27/2004 and it's production year is 1969. Year in BMT says 2004.)

Here's what I have so far:
Code:
RunningTime;Actor;Description;Director;DiscNumber;EpisodeName;EpisodeNumber;ExtendedRatings;Fanart;Genre;Guest;IMDBID;MediaProviderDataID;MediaProviderID;MediaTitle;MediaType;OriginalAirDate;ParentalRating;Rated;SeasonNumber;Title;UserRating;Writer;Year;
I could very well be grabbing the wrong year field from DVD Profiler. I think I'm grabbing the Released Year, but I can change to the Production Year, if there is a consensus that, production year would be the more correct field.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I could very well be grabbing the wrong year field from DVD Profiler. I think I'm grabbing the Released Year, but I can change to the Production Year, if there is a consensus that, production year would be the more correct field.
I don't the year 1969 just DVD profiler. I am seeing the year 1969 with all my non-Sage files as well.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger View Post
I don't the year 1969 just DVD profiler. I am seeing the year 1969 with all my non-Sage files as well.
Interesting... 1969 would be the year if somehow there was an error parsing the year field from the dvd profiler xml... I'm currently parsing out the year from the <Released/> field in the xml. Could you post a sample of your dvd profiler entry?
Old 07-15-2010, 07:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Interesting... 1969 would be the year if somehow there was an error parsing the year field from the dvd profiler xml... I'm currently parsing out the year from the <Released/> field in the xml. Could you post a sample of your dvd profiler entry?
I really didn't make my comment very clear so let me try to do that now. I am not using DVD Profiler and so never changed any of the default settings for it in the BMT configuration options. There is only one entry in BMT for DVD Profiler with any text and it is "cache / Index Dir --> cache/indexDVDProfLocal/". I do not have a "SageTV/cache/indexDVDProfLocal" folder on my PC.

I use TVE to display the files and all my recent imports show a air date of 12/31/69, where as Sage Recordings show accurate date info. The file "information" screen reflects the accurate air date. If I look up the file in the BMT browser, all information displayed there is correct and "1969" is no where in the displayed fields.