SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 04-07-2010, 03:24 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post

You can navigate to the folder, then click, "Find Metadata", and then check "overwrite metadata" and "overwrite fanart" and that will force a refresh for all content in that folder. (or you can use the "Missing Metadata View" force a full scan on those items. Then you can manually update the items in the Failed view)
That worked for the existing TV shows. I ran it last night at around 8pm and SxxExx shows up in TV explorer now.

Unfortunately, everything recorded since then does not have this info. The automatic plugin didn't pull down season or episode information, or if it did it didn't pass it along to where TVE could find it.
Twitter: ohpleaseno
Old 04-07-2010, 06:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Well, the format looks to be correct. post your complete XML, maybe there's a typo in there somewhere... and when you change the MediaTitles.xml your HAVE to restart the sagetv server. (I know, not very user friendly)
Thanks! Restarting the server did the trick! I thought I had done that, but evidently not. Rocking and rolling now.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I;m not sure the scrapers work well for ShowName (Year) S##E## format... I'll have to test that out tonight and see. But for shows like Doctor Who, that don't have the year in the filename, you should be able to create a "matcher" in the MediaTitles.xml to force it for a particular tvdb id.
"Doctor Who (2005)" is the valid series name from the tvdb. Additionally there is the original "Doctor Who" and a "Doctor Who 2009". So far BMT 4 is not keeping the series distinct.
It was all working correctly under BMT 3.x and when I added a new Doctor Who (2005) episode, it shows up under the original Doctor Who series. I looked at the episode in the BMT web UI and it shows the series name as "Doctor Who" even though the file name is "Doctor Who (2005) - 5x1 - The Eleventh Hour". BMT seems to be disregarding the year but not until AFTER it gets the correct episode data from tvdb.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohpleaseno View Post
That worked for the existing TV shows. I ran it last night at around 8pm and SxxExx shows up in TV explorer now.

Unfortunately, everything recorded since then does not have this info. The automatic plugin didn't pull down season or episode information, or if it did it didn't pass it along to where TVE could find it.
It would appear that either the automatic plugin is not installed/enabled, OR, it's simply not finding the episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger View Post
"Doctor Who (2005)" is the valid series name from the tvdb. Additionally there is the original "Doctor Who" and a "Doctor Who 2009". So far BMT 4 is not keeping the series distinct.
It was all working correctly under BMT 3.x and when I added a new Doctor Who (2005) episode, it shows up under the original Doctor Who series. I looked at the episode in the BMT web UI and it shows the series name as "Doctor Who" even though the file name is "Doctor Who (2005) - 5x1 - The Eleventh Hour". BMT seems to be disregarding the year but not until AFTER it gets the correct episode data from tvdb.
I see.. then yes... bmt does strip the YEAR from titles... it does this for tvdb, imdb, mymovies, etc... since the YEAR is stored in a separate metadata field... if I didn't do this, then you would end up with display titles like "Doctor Who (2005) (2005)" in some cases. I'm not sure if 3.1 stripped the years or not.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I see.. then yes... bmt does strip the YEAR from titles... it does this for tvdb, imdb, mymovies, etc... since the YEAR is stored in a separate metadata field... if I didn't do this, then you would end up with display titles like "Doctor Who (2005) (2005)" in some cases. I'm not sure if 3.1 stripped the years or not.
The problem is the year is completely stripped and episodes of "Doctor Who (2005)" are ending up in the same folder as episodes of "Doctor Who" in both the BMT web UI as well as TVE. Am I explaining it better? This is not a desired behavior.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:22 PM
Sage Expert

As for Doctor Who, the reason it's important is that the new series starts again with Season 1. So you have 2 seasons 1. One from 1964 and one from 2005.

Talk about confusing.

So how do we make it find the right one?
Old 04-07-2010, 09:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
It would appear that either the automatic plugin is not installed/enabled, OR, it's simply not finding the episodes.
It's reporting itself as active.
Attached Images
File Type: png bmt.png (38.9 KB, 154 views)
Old 04-08-2010, 12:00 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by samgreco View Post
As for Doctor Who, the reason it's important is that the new series starts again with Season 1. So you have 2 seasons 1. One from 1964 and one from 2005.

Talk about confusing.

I fixed my Doctor who By naming it Doctor Who 2005 SxxExx This worked great for season 1,2,4 but for some reason i cant get 3 to work right yet but that is proabley because insted of 2005 i have it as 2008 just havent had time to fix it yet
2-HD200, Win7pro64bit,AMD Athlon II X4 quad620 / 2.60GHz,4gb Memory Speed MHz: 800,320hd for os, scsi 80gb recording+comcerial cutting then transfered to 2tb for tv and movies. 1 HDHR 2x250 nas for other media and a small whs server for backup only
Old 04-08-2010, 05:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by samgreco View Post

Talk about confusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreameriz View Post
I fixed my Doctor who By naming it Doctor Who 2005 SxxExx This worked great for season 1,2,4 but for some reason i cant get 3 to work right yet but that is proabley because insted of 2005 i have it as 2008 just havent had time to fix it yet
All of these can probably be fixed without renaming, etc, by using the MediaTitles... At least for finding the right metadata, fanart.

Maybe the issue with the grouping in TVE needs to be explored there. ie, they are probably just doing a simple Title Grouping, but maybe, there needs to be an option to group by Title/Year as well.

Quote:
The problem is the year is completely stripped and episodes of "Doctor Who (2005)" are ending up in the same folder as episodes of "Doctor Who" in both the BMT web UI as well as TVE. Am I explaining it better? This is not a desired behavior.
I can look at adding a title/year grouper to the web ui as well.. right now, it's just being grouped by title.

I realize from a fanart perspective, bmt does put the fanart in the same directory. I'm currently looking to see if I can leverage the MediaTitles.xml and allow you to "set" the title that your want, ie, "Doctor Who (2005)", in that case, the Fanart directory would also contain the Year and be separate from the older Series.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreameriz View Post
320hd for os, scsi 80gb recording+comcerial cutting then transfered to 2tb for tv and movies
How have you manage to do this? I can see various way but I would be interested to know how you automated it and how well it work. My SageTV server is running on an Atom processor so doing commercial detection is not something I want to do there. However, my file server as a Quad core and is running various virtual machine and I could easily dedicate one for this task.

Let me know. Thank you.

ehfortin
Old 04-08-2010, 04:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
All of these can probably be fixed without renaming, etc, by using the MediaTitles... At least for finding the right metadata, fanart.

Maybe the issue with the grouping in TVE needs to be explored there. ie, they are probably just doing a simple Title Grouping, but maybe, there needs to be an option to group by Title/Year as well.
The point is that these are different series. They are listed on the TVDB as "Doctor Who" and "Doctor Who (2005)". As far as the TVDB is concerned, the " (2005)" is just part of the series title. Besides, the BMT 4 WEB UI also combines the two into one listing.

Why can't BMT handle it the same way TVDB does? Using Media titles is going to be very cumbersome, especially for users that neither know nor want to know anything about regex.

The same goes for the current series "Castle". TVDB lists the series name as "Castle (2009)" because there is an earlier and entirely unrelated series named "Castle".
Old 04-08-2010, 10:46 PM
SageTVaholic

When I have something with Media Type "Movie" in BMT, and from the web interface try to find metadata, it looks like it's using thetvdb.com as the default source.

Is that right? Seems like imdb or themoviedb.org would be a better fit......
Old 04-08-2010, 11:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

TV Show DVDs

Okay, so I got over one hurdle and ran into another one. I am having issues getting BMT to recognize ripped TV Shows using the naming format specified. My Sage import directory is called DVDs. Here is what I have tried and none are working:

1)...DVDs\TV Shows\The Big Bang Theory S01D01\VIDEO_TS\*.vob

2)...DVDs\TV Shows\The Big Bang Theory S01D01\*.vob

3)...DVDs\The Big Bang Theory S01D01\VIDEO_TS\*.vob

4)...DVDs\The Big Bang Theory S01D01\*.vob

None of these are working. Any suggestions?
Old 04-09-2010, 05:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The point is that these are different series. They are listed on the TVDB as "Doctor Who" and "Doctor Who (2005)". As far as the TVDB is concerned, the " (2005)" is just part of the series title. Besides, the BMT 4 WEB UI also combines the two into one listing.

Why can't BMT handle it the same way TVDB does? Using Media titles is going to be very cumbersome, especially for users that neither know nor want to know anything about regex.

The same goes for the current series "Castle". TVDB lists the series name as "Castle (2009)" because there is an earlier and entirely unrelated series named "Castle".
I really don't want to sound pissy... but I really do hate it when people play the "but XXXXX does it this way.... why can't you do it the same way." I've done it a certain way... it may change... it's not going to change anytime soon, so use the media titles xml. As soon as I put this in for you... someone else, that have never seen the original doctor who is going come on board and go, "how come some of my tv shows show the year, and some don't... in the EPG it's just shows Doctor Who, and now in your crappy tool, it's getting changed to "Doctor Who (2005)"... really i can't win... so i'd rather not change it. If it get time, I can look at addding an option to "preserve" the original title from imdb... the best way to ensure that this happens is to add a bug in the issue list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
When I have something with Media Type "Movie" in BMT, and from the web interface try to find metadata, it looks like it's using thetvdb.com as the default source.

Is that right? Seems like imdb or themoviedb.org would be a better fit......
No... that's not right... i noticed that myself the other night... keep in mind, for the amount of hours i pour into this... I only ever use the automatic plugin , but that should be an easy fix. (I should just consider dumping the other parts and pour my time into something useful, like phoenix )

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptzink View Post
Okay, so I got over one hurdle and ran into another one. I am having issues getting BMT to recognize ripped TV Shows using the naming format specified. My Sage import directory is called DVDs. Here is what I have tried and none are working:

1)...DVDs\TV Shows\The Big Bang Theory S01D01\VIDEO_TS\*.vob

2)...DVDs\TV Shows\The Big Bang Theory S01D01\*.vob

3)...DVDs\The Big Bang Theory S01D01\VIDEO_TS\*.vob

4)...DVDs\The Big Bang Theory S01D01\*.vob

None of these are working. Any suggestions?
I think i mentioned a few posts back, that the S01 D01 format is broken... ie, in cases where there isn't an episode, then I'm failing the search and not returning just series info... i'm working on just series info for these types of scenarios.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:30 AM
Sage Advanced User

Folder View?

Hey Sean... first off - LOVE the new interface... working very well and don't have any complaints at this stage (not like I would anyway...). A few posts above, you state

Quote:
I can look at adding a title/year grouper to the web ui as well.. right now, it's just being grouped by title.
Could you also consider adding a "folder" grouper as well? I would like to be able to maneuver through my folders much the same way as what I would see in SageMC, since I have a bunch of folders with a variety of media. The way the metadata is being grouped, I have to "guess" as to whether something is correctly tagged as "TV" or "MOVIE".

I am only importing video and DVD files - nothing from Sage recordings....

As for the comments "why can't BMT work like xxxxx" - I have not had any problems with BMT acting strange compared with what's on TVDB. If there are multiple shows with the same name (like Law & Order, Top Gear, etc...) - TVDB will present you with a "what specific show do you mean"? BMT is supposed to be an automated solution - if you have a bunch of shows for something like this, look up the EXACT name on TVDB and then rename your files to match. Run BMT scan - update works perfectly.

I just d/l'd the first 8 seasons of Law & Order: SVU - it took several hours to update, but when the file names were formatted correctly, BMT had absolutely NO problem downloading the fanart and metadata.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
No... that's not right... i noticed that myself the other night... keep in mind, for the amount of hours i pour into this... I only ever use the automatic plugin , but that should be an easy fix. (I should just consider dumping the other parts and pour my time into something useful, like phoenix )
Interestingly enough thetvdb.com seems to find results just as good as the others. So it's not a big deal.

btl.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:55 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
It's reporting itself as active.
So if my automatic plugin is reporting as active, what could be causing it to ned me to manually update new recordings?
Old 04-09-2010, 10:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by can3gxw View Post
Could you also consider adding a "folder" grouper as well? I would like to be able to maneuver through my folders much the same way as what I would see in SageMC, since I have a bunch of folders with a variety of media. The way the metadata is being grouped, I have to "guess" as to whether something is correctly tagged as "TV" or "MOVIE".
I think the "Combined Imports" view is supposed to be that. I know I worked hard with meinmaui to get that right... I'm hoping it's right

Quote:
As for the comments "why can't BMT work like xxxxx" - I have not had any problems with BMT acting strange compared with what's on TVDB. If there are multiple shows with the same name (like Law & Order, Top Gear, etc...) - TVDB will present you with a "what specific show do you mean"? BMT is supposed to be an automated solution - if you have a bunch of shows for something like this, look up the EXACT name on TVDB and then rename your files to match. Run BMT scan - update works perfectly.
I know I was grumpy earlier at @ranger... i should probably avoid logging into the forums until I've had at least i cup of coffee. I know this stuff is frustrating for end users... but i just don't time to fix every little thing (and there are lots of little things that don't work as I'd like)... so at the end of the day, if you choose to use the product, "as is", then you have live with the deficiencies. I tend to name to my stuff, as well, to match what tvdb, the movie db, etc, will find... which is why, i rarely use the web ui... sometimes something doesn't quite work, and I update it using the web ui. Granted, I don't have many shows, and I have no shows that are re productions of older shows... which again, tends to put that very low in my priority list

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
Interestingly enough thetvdb.com seems to find results just as good as the others. So it's not a big deal.
that is interesting... didn't know tvdb supported movies... maybe they are branching out...

Quote:
So if my automatic plugin is reporting as active, what could be causing it to ned me to manually update new recordings?
If you have system messages enabled in the automatic plugin, and you are seeing system messages about the failed metadata lookups, then hopefully that would give some sort of a clue. if you are not seeing failed system messages, then that would be odd, because it would mean that either you've turned them off, or the automatic plugin is actually fetching metadata and returning it back to sage without an error.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:35 AM
Sage Aficionado

I'm getting system messages, but not on any recorded tv, only imported stuff.

Do the properties files stay in the recorded tv folder or is that only an option?
Old 04-09-2010, 11:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I'm getting system messages, but not on any recorded tv, only imported stuff.

Do the properties files stay in the recorded tv folder or is that only an option?
if you have turned on the option to create properties, and you don't have any other processes running that clean them up... (ie, something like a task in sjq) then yeah, they should stay in the recordings folder.