SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 04-05-2010, 12:58 PM
SageTVaholic

In regular expressions, a \ has special meaning... so if you mean a literal \ then your need to user \\ and if your mean \\ then your need \\\\.

As for the test button... basically when you put in your regex, you can fill the "Sample Data" box with some sample data, such as filenames... one per line.

Then when you hit test, it will place all matching lines from the "Sample Data" box into the Results box, or put an error in the results box, if the regex is not value or if the regex didn't match anything in the sample data.

I've attached a screen shot.

Attached Images
File Type: png regex.png (17.1 KB, 2029 views)
Old 04-05-2010, 01:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Great, thanks for the explanation. The result comes up with something now, which is good, but I'm still not clear on how to separate multiple folders or whether subfolders inherit the exclusion of their parent folder.
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 04-05-2010, 01:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Files are matched based on passing their complete path to the regex. So if your regex has nothing except "test", then any filename that has "test" in it's name or any folder, will be matched.

If you need to match more than 1 thing, then you can use the regex "or" opererator, which is a pipe (|).

So, in your case, you wanted to match both "\\MediaServer\Other Videos" and "\\MediaServer\Test Videos", then your regex would look something like...
\\\\MediaServer\\Other Videos|\\\\MediaServer\\Test Videos", and you can put some directory names in the Sample Data, some that includes Other Videos and some that includes Test Videos and some that should not match at all. Then when you test, you should see all of your matched entries show up in the results.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:28 PM
Sage Expert

Sean - re: issue #31 on your site, see attached for what I'm getting in beta21. I swear I'm not going crazy... I just can't find the "Direct update wiz.bin" option anywhere.

Attached Images
File Type: png bmtbeta21.png (26.7 KB, 388 views)
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 04-05-2010, 03:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Ok... I can see what you mean now... The notes for b18 should have been a little clearer.

Quote:
2. Automatic Plugin Changes;
- Will not direct update Wiz.bin, ie, it uses .properties only
- Will not use a separate thread (ie, all requests are sequential)
- You can choose not to create .properties (will be created, but also removed once the metadata has been imported)
- Will not import TV as sage recordings
Basically in b18, the automatic plugin changed so that it could not directly update the Wiz.bin. ie, it only functions as SageTV intended, which is to send back a set of properties that SageTV will use internally to update the Wiz.bin. So, the create properties option for the automatic plugin is only has meaning, in the sense, that if you uncheck it, it should delete the created .properties file while sending those properties back to the core SageTV call.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

3 quick questions:

To install an update (2.1), i just copy over the old files? Or do i need to stop/restart the service?

Can someone give me a Cliff's Notes version on .properties files and why/why not to create them?

Is there any way to 'start over' to get rid of this bug?

And... also, thanks, nice work. It's made Sage beautiful, and my wife and kids LOVE the fanart. Thank you for your work.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedgington View Post
3 quick questions:

To install an update (2.1), i just copy over the old files? Or do i need to stop/restart the service?
You always need to restart the sagetv service when you take a bmt update. Sage can only load the new/updated code on a full restart.

Quote:
Can someone give me a Cliff's Notes version on .properties files and why/why not to create them?
.properties is how sagetv takes external metadata and imports it. unless you have a real hatred for them, i'd just let them be created If you disable them, then everything should still work, but I always test with them enabled. Plus I see them as being a back of my metadata. ie, if I have to rebuild my wiz.bin for some reason, and those files are there, then sagetv will read them automatically, with or without bmt. If they are not there, then you'll need to do another full scan of your collection.

Quote:
Is there any way to 'start over' to get rid of this bug?
The best way to 'start over' is to make regular backups of your wiz.bin. I've added a simple backup tool to the webui (tools -> backup), so I would recommend that you use it before doing any large scans, that way, if things go wrong, you can quickly revert back to a good Wiz.bin.

Quote:
And... also, thanks, nice work. It's made Sage beautiful, and my wife and kids LOVE the fanart. Thank you for your work.
thanks... i appreciate the kinds words... and I'm glad you are enjoying SageTV.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:49 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I haven't tested these... but I would think that the following should work...
Code:
	<match>
		<regex>[\\/]TilDeath-</regex>
		<title>'Til Death</title>
		<metadata type="tv" name="tvdb">79384</metadata>
	</match>

<match>
		<regex>[\\/]CSIMiami-</regex>
		<title>CSI: Miami</title>
		<metadata type="tv" name="tvdb">78310</metadata>
	</match>
So these need to be in a file called MediaTitles.xml in the scrapers folder (There's a MediaTitles.xml.sample there now, you can rename to MediaTitles.xml). And when you changed the MediaTitles.xml, you need to restart sagetv.... I'll look at adding a simple editor to the WebUI for this.
These worked perfectly. I was testing them from the command-line so that I didn't need to restart the service until I had it working right. My problem was putting [\\/] at the end of the name and having / after it in the beginning. Being able to do it from the GUI would really help in the future. I'm finding that most of my problems are when show titles use acronyms (CSI) that gets translated to C S I thinking that every capital letter is the beginning of a word and lower case small words such as of in SonsofTucson.

If you add this to the GUI would that eliminate the need to restart the service by chance?
Old 04-05-2010, 07:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

Zoinks. So the bug with the erroneous fanart on everything is stuck with my Wiz.bin? Hrrrrm, I suppose I can dig up an old Wiz, from when I made the jump to Sage6, but that means an earful from the woman about lost episode info
Old 04-05-2010, 09:15 PM
Sage Icon

Does the automatic plugin do it's lookup when a recording starts or when it is done?
Old 04-05-2010, 09:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

Does anybody else have to log in 5 times to access the WebUI with beta 21?

Also, how can I make sure that everything gets rescanned? I clicked on "Refresh" and selected "Rescan Entire Media Library" and properties files were only generated for a few things.

Basically what I'm trying to do is get Season and Episode info to show up in TV Explorer.
Twitter: ohpleaseno
Old 04-06-2010, 05:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohpleaseno View Post
Does anybody else have to log in 5 times to access the WebUI with beta 21?
That's certainly not normal. maybe try a shift + refresh on your browser to force reload all the webui stuff, and see if that does anything.

Quote:
Also, how can I make sure that everything gets rescanned? I clicked on "Refresh" and selected "Rescan Entire Media Library" and properties files were only generated for a few things.

Basically what I'm trying to do is get Season and Episode info to show up in TV Explorer.
You can navigate to the folder, then click, "Find Metadata", and then check "overwrite metadata" and "overwrite fanart" and that will force a refresh for all content in that folder. (or you can use the "Missing Metadata View" force a full scan on those items. Then you can manually update the items in the Failed view)

When you use the "Refresh" link, it basically asks SageTV to look for new media and then pass that to the bmt automatic plugin. The automatic plugin will never overwrite metadata for fanart. I only use the "refresh" link when I add new media items to sagetv, and then I click the refresh link to have sage "discover" those newly added items.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:53 AM
Sage Aficionado

I don't know what could have happened, but this morning I'm suddenly getting .properties for new recordings

I think that means all my issues are resolved.
Thanks Sean.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Maybe it's a case where tvdb is down, at the time that you've needed metadata?? I can't think of any changes that i've done recently that would have fixed the issue... since it wasn't really broken for me
Old 04-06-2010, 09:32 AM
Sage Aficionado

I did have sjq setup to do a file cleanup of all the shrapnel from various comskip and other operations, I had put in that cleanup process the .properties.... it's only supposed to happen if the main show no longer exists. It could have been that process was misbehaving and simply deleting the files before I saw them in the directory.... but it left all the other support files so who knows.

If I see it happening again I may be able to track it down and at least report back some info that may help others.....

again, thanks Sean for all the help!
B.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:41 AM
SageTVaholic

I had SJQ doing that on my setup, too. I didn't think about the potential implications. I've now remove the properties files from the cleanup tool. I wonder if that's how my show descriptions were getting deleted...
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 04-07-2010, 04:03 AM
Sage User

First off let me thank you for all your amazing work so far.

I have two small bugs,

First is a problem with show Remakes (V (2009), Doctor who ..). Everything is working great, apart from naming the MediaTitle, DisplayTitle and the FanArt folder, V instead of V (2009).

I'm sure this was working in 3.1 with (V (2009) S01E05.avi), I could be wrong.

I read previous posts regarding this issue but gathered it was more to do with grabbing the correct show info, which it does perfectly now.

Second is with Special Episodes, when I browse "Missing Metadata" They are all shown there because they have the Season field missing.
(FlashForward S00E02 2010-03-16.avi and Doctor Who (2005) S00E07.avi)

The only way to remove them from "Missing Metadata" is to add (Season 0) manually to the .Properties file and update the timestamp.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
These worked perfectly. I was testing them from the command-line so that I didn't need to restart the service until I had it working right. My problem was putting [\\/] at the end of the name and having / after it in the beginning. Being able to do it from the GUI would really help in the future. I'm finding that most of my problems are when show titles use acronyms (CSI) that gets translated to C S I thinking that every capital letter is the beginning of a word and lower case small words such as of in SonsofTucson.

If you add this to the GUI would that eliminate the need to restart the service by chance?
I still can't get this to work. I am trying to force TheAmazingRace16-... recordings to be The Amazing Race (Show ID = 77666) using this method, but am having no luck. I have also tried forcing this with TheOffice... to be The Office (US) (Show ID = 73244) with no luck. Here is the line I am using with The Office:
<match>
<regex>[\\/]TheOffice-</regex>
<title>The Office (US)</title>
<metadata type="tv" name="tvdb">73244</metadata>
</match>
What am I doing wrong?

BTW, thanks for the great work on this stuckless!
Old 04-07-2010, 12:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

My MediaTitles.xml (with the .sample removed) is in the root 'scrapers' folder. Is this right?
Old 04-07-2010, 01:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptzink View Post
I still can't get this to work. I am trying to force TheAmazingRace16-... recordings to be The Amazing Race (Show ID = 77666) using this method, but am having no luck. I have also tried forcing this with TheOffice... to be The Office (US) (Show ID = 73244) with no luck. Here is the line I am using with The Office:
<match>
<regex>[\\/]TheOffice-</regex>
<title>The Office (US)</title>
<metadata type="tv" name="tvdb">73244</metadata>
</match>
What am I doing wrong?
Well, the format looks to be correct. post your complete XML, maybe there's a typo in there somewhere... and when you change the MediaTitles.xml your HAVE to restart the sagetv server. (I know, not very user friendly)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptzink View Post
My MediaTitles.xml (with the .sample removed) is in the root 'scrapers' folder. Is this right?
That is correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAK View Post
First is a problem with show Remakes (V (2009), Doctor who ..). Everything is working great, apart from naming the MediaTitle, DisplayTitle and the FanArt folder, V instead of V (2009).

I'm sure this was working in 3.1 with (V (2009) S01E05.avi), I could be wrong.

I read previous posts regarding this issue but gathered it was more to do with grabbing the correct show info, which it does perfectly now.
I;m not sure the scrapers work well for ShowName (Year) S##E## format... I'll have to test that out tonight and see. But for shows like Doctor Who, that don't have the year in the filename, you should be able to create a "matcher" in the MediaTitles.xml to force it for a particular tvdb id.

Quote:
Second is with Special Episodes, when I browse "Missing Metadata" They are all shown there because they have the Season field missing.
(FlashForward S00E02 2010-03-16.avi and Doctor Who (2005) S00E07.avi)

The only way to remove them from "Missing Metadata" is to add (Season 0) manually to the .Properties file and update the timestamp.
I'm not really sure how to handle special episodes