SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 12:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, that's what I thought was happening, I have a hard coded timeout of 3 seconds for UPnP responses which is already pretty generous. 2 minute is just insane so there's something weird going on with your computers/network, but I couldn't venture a guess as to what it could be

But regardless, extending the time out definitely ins't the way to go, it'd take ~2 minutes to load every menu which would be pretty unusable. I'm working on some test code that *might* help where I cache UPnP server information so I don't need to do the broadcasting. Now if your Server takes 2 minutes to respond to direct messages then you've got bigger problem than I can solve, but hopefully it'll help.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 03-23-2010, 12:48 PM
Sage Expert

Sounds at least promising! Let me know if you need someone to beta test.. Thanks again.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:37 PM
Sage Icon

I have a few questions that I hope someone here can help me with before I signup for Netflix and try this out...

1. Do I have to add something to my Netflix DVD/BLU-RAY queue in order for it to be in my instant queue?
2. Does this plugin only work if the video is in my instant queue?
3. Is there a way to have PlayOn just stream and encode my instant queue for later viewing?
Old 03-23-2010, 02:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_maniac View Post
1. Do I have to add something to my Netflix DVD/BLU-RAY queue in order for it to be in my instant queue?
Nope, you can add items specifically to your instant queue and not your actual queue.
Quote:
2. Does this plugin only work if the video is in my instant queue?
I have some basic general browsing in there (by genre, newest, etc.) but its admittedly not the greatest. So while you can just browse for content, its much easier on a PC and if you're on the PC you might as well at it to your instant Queue while your at it.
Quote:
3. Is there a way to have PlayOn just stream and encode my instant queue for later viewing?
Nope, this plug-in is strictly for streaming content, pre-caching isn't an option.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 03-23-2010, 03:00 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Nope, this plug-in is strictly for streaming content, pre-caching isn't an option.
So the video can not be saved even after playback?

Quote:
Nope, you can add items specifically to your instant queue and not your actual queue.
Is the Instant Queue part of Netflix, Hulu both or is it part of this plugin?
Old 03-23-2010, 03:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
So the video can not be saved even after playback?
I'm asking people nicely to refrain from doing it or discussing it as it violates Hulu/Netflix's TOS.

Quote:
Is the Instant Queue part of Netflix, Hulu both or is it part of this plugin?
You can get to both your Hulu and Netflix instant queue's if you setup PlayON with your login info for both the sites.

Old 03-23-2010, 03:31 PM
Sage Icon

Thanx EP for your help and hard work on what I'm sure is going to be a fabulous WAF builder in my home.

One last question before I plunge in.

How or Where exactly do I access my Instant Queue? From within PlayOn, online at hulu.com/netflix.com or from within your plugin (Inside of Sage)?

I've already added my Hulu and Netflix account in the PlayOn setup and tested them both but did not see anything about an instant queue there.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
How or Where exactly do I access my Instant Queue? From within PlayOn, online at hulu.com/netflix.com or from within your plugin (Inside of Sage)?
You add things to your Netflix queue at the Netflix website. You add things to your Hulu queue at the Hulu website.

PlayOn has no UI for manipulating or viewing your queues. It just makes the queue content available to UPnP clients (such as EP's plugin).

EP's plugin allows you to browse your queues and play back content from within Sage. It does not provide any mechanism for altering the queues. Again, you do that at the provider websites.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:49 PM
Sage Fanatic

Are there any PlayON plug-ins that we should install or need for getting the most of this setup with SageTV?

Looks like there are lots of plug-ins for PlayON, but not sure which if any are meaniful to SageTV / this plugin?
Old 03-23-2010, 03:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe123 View Post
Are there any PlayON plug-ins that we should install or need for getting the most of this setup with SageTV?

Looks like there are lots of plug-ins for PlayON, but not sure which if any are meaniful to SageTV / this plugin?
Simply make the decision on which PlayOn plugins to use based on what content you want to see. None of them are essential.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:44 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
FYI - I signed up for a new netflix account (because I have not had one in a long time). I had to call Netflix to get the instant queue to show up. Actually, they had me sign on to Netflix with the Xbox 360 app on my Xbox to get the instant queue created. The person I talked to on the phone said they are having problems with new accounts and he did not know why.
Media Server: Win 7 Home (32 bit), GIGABYTE GA-EP43-UD3L LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9505 Yorkfield 2.83GHz, 4 GB Ram, Geforce 9600 GT PCI-E, 1x HD PVR, HD homerun (2x for OTA, 1x for FIOS QAM), 1 x HD Homerun Prime with cablecard from FIOS.

Client: Windows 10 Pro

Media Extenders: HD-200 x 3, HD-200 x 2
Old 03-23-2010, 07:46 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Nope, the quality on the 360 is always going to be better through PlayON.
Thanks for the response. Is this a limitation with the HD200/Sage?
Media Server: Win 7 Home (32 bit), GIGABYTE GA-EP43-UD3L LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9505 Yorkfield 2.83GHz, 4 GB Ram, Geforce 9600 GT PCI-E, 1x HD PVR, HD homerun (2x for OTA, 1x for FIOS QAM), 1 x HD Homerun Prime with cablecard from FIOS.

Client: Windows 10 Pro

Media Extenders: HD-200 x 3, HD-200 x 2
Old 03-24-2010, 01:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

Scripts Plugin

Has anyone had any success with any of plugins?

Other than adding the plugin to the MediaMall/plugins folder ... Is there anything else we must do?

Thanks
Craig
1 notebook 1G of RAM 1.6Ghz Windows XP Home & 2 desktops win2k P3
Orig Ver: Sage 2.2

Last edited by craigdthom; 03-24-2010 at 01:39 PM.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:53 PM
SageTVaholic

You must edit the .properties files in the OnlineVideos folder to get them to show up in Sage.

Shameless plug - I wrote an STVi that makes adding the .properties a lot easier. Search for "EZOnline".

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdthom View Post
Has anyone had any success with any of plugins?

Other than adding the plugin to the MediaMall/plugins folder ... Is there anything else we must do?

Thanks
Craig

Yes, but I don't remember what I did. There is info on the forum about it. Somewhere.
1 HDHomeRun
4TB Storage, GB Network
2 MVPs, 1 HD100 & 1 HD300
Old 03-24-2010, 04:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin
Nope, the quality on the 360 is always going to be better through PlayON.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistergq View Post
Thanks for the response. Is this a limitation with the HD200/Sage?
No. Any streaming to a PC (where Playon is running) is lesser quality than Xbox, PS3, The Roku box, etc. For whatever reason Netflix chose that route.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:03 PM
SageTVaholic

FYI, March Madness feeds have been updated with round 3,4

Old 03-25-2010, 07:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Playon Plugins

EP,

Thanks so much for that update ... This is just beautiful (Butler --WHO)

I am struggling with the PlayOn Plugins .. Did I miss the memo ... it seems everyone else has this piece working ... I have had no luck. I can see the Plugins in the PlayOn control panel, but I don't see them in Sage or ... I don't know how to make them appear in Sage.

As always .. Any help would be most appreciative!!

-Craig
Attached Files
File Type: txt UPnP2Podcast.log.txt (7.7 KB, 238 views)
1 notebook 1G of RAM 1.6Ghz Windows XP Home & 2 desktops win2k P3
Orig Ver: Sage 2.2
Old 03-26-2010, 06:15 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacole View Post
Thanks for the info, but sorry to hear that it doesn't support that function. Guess I'll try lobbying PlayOn. Very much appreciate the help.
The PlayOn folks say "It sounds like your SageTV might be sorting the videos alphabetically even though PlayOn isn't specifying this. Do you see that folders and videos are generally always listed alphabetically?"

Where should I look, please, to find the folders that they are referring to?

Thanks, as always,

Bill Cole
Old 03-26-2010, 07:24 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdthom View Post
I am struggling with the PlayOn Plugins .. Did I miss the memo ... it seems everyone else has this piece working ... I have had no luck. I can see the Plugins in the PlayOn control panel, but I don't see them in Sage or ... I don't know how to make them appear in Sage.
Basically it takes a two step process for a person to be able to watch shows in this Sage plugin. First, playon has to be able to receive the feeds. This requires you install the plugins in Playon when applicable. Second, it requires a person to modify the UPnP feeds to add the information for the shows found in the playon plugin. This is required so that Sage can find and display the feeds.

Let's looks at the Comedy Central feed for example. You need the plugin installed on the Playon software, but EP has updated the Sage feeds to show any applicable Comedy Central show. If EP hadn't updated the feeds, or if the Comedy Central plugin wasn't installed then you wouldn't be able to browse or play any of the shows within SageTV.

What this means is that you cannot simply install any/all the Playon plugings and expect to watch the shows in Sage. It requires someone taking the effort to breakdown the feeds and provide the required information to EP so he can distribute it out in his regular UPnP feed updates.

I hope this helps explain it.
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all
Closed Thread

Tags
amazon vod, hulu, internet video streaming, netflix, online content, online services, online videos, playon