SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 01:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

I was also experiencing the timeout error on all shows. I installed the patch which fixed the timeout problem for some shows but not all. The ABC shows seem to work but the Crackle shows still timeout.

Also, some of the shows sometimes stutter with this new flash player interface that was introduced with the patch. It was all working so well, then they had to "fix" it.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:55 PM
Sage Fanatic

I installed the patch as well and it is still not working for me. Looks like we need to contact playon.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm another who has installed the patch and seen only minimal improvement. Playon -Hulu is essentially unusable for now.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:47 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinki View Post
I've just installed Win7 on my Sage server. I'm having trouble getting the plugin to see and play videos. I'm getting the dreaded 'No videos Found' response when I drilled down into a show's episode list.

Here's some information:

- My PlayOn server is a separate machine from my Sage server.
- I am able to see and watch shows from my Xbox360.
- I am able to browse my server using UpnpInspector from my Sage server but I am unable to start a video by copying the episode's url and trying to play it in VLC.
- Firewalls are off on both machines and I do not have AV turned on on the Sage server.
- I updated to the latest STV before importing the plugin.
- I do see a TempFeed file but it is named TempFeed_client.xml but the items tag has elements saying 'No Videos Found'
- UPnP2Podcast.exe "PlayOn:Hulu:+2" debug takes a long time to run and when it completes it also gives items saying 'No Videos Found'

Does anyone have any idea on what I can try next?
I previously posted that this problem was fixed by rebooting my sage server. At some point it stopped working again. I can see and view videos in standalone mode with my HD200 but get the 'No Videos Found' error when trying to view them from the HD200 in extender mode. I'm attaching the log file if someone can be kind and take a look.

BTW, the machine that I am running the Playon server on is called 'Office'.
Attached Files
File Type: zip UPnP2Podcast.zip (1.7 KB, 289 views)
Old 01-11-2010, 10:24 PM
Sage Aficionado

Has anyone tried this patch?

http://www.playon.tv/downloads/playo....2.59.3663.exe

I downloaded it and installed it and now I am getting no videos for all of the hulu shows. Anyone else having the same issues?
Old 01-12-2010, 12:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Im getting a timeout error. I didnt have this problem yesterday. How do we fix this?

Edit: I'm using Version 2.59.3614.60.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-12-2010, 02:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetreL View Post

I downloaded it and installed it and now I am getting no videos for all of the hulu shows. Anyone else having the same issues?
Having same problem here as well. It also looks like playon's website is also down currently for an update so hopefully they resolve this issue.

Only nice thing I see is it looks like they added CBS under channels so hopefully that means more of their shows will be available.
HD200: 46" LCD & HD200:26" LCD

Last edited by chrisc983; 01-12-2010 at 02:28 AM.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:43 AM
SageTVaholic

I didnt do the update; and still getting the timeout issue. I'll just have to wait and see what the next official release is. Im sure we're not the only people with this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisc983 View Post
Having same problem here as well. It also looks like playon's website is also down currently for an update so hopefully they resolve this issue.

Only nice thing I see is it looks like they added CBS under channels so hopefully that means more of their shows will be available.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-12-2010, 07:22 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetreL View Post

Yup, same here. I had the timeout issues, so I downloaded the patch and now all the feeds for Hulu return no videos. The uPnP browser on the HD200 standalone mode works to play shows now, but it was skipping and eventually my extender crashed. I'm guessing that PlayOn changed the way the shows are titled and the regex needs to be updated in the custom online video properties files.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:39 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
I'm sure we're not the only people with this issue.
I submitted a bug report with them last night so hopefully they are working on resolving. Here is their response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayOn
Please open PlayOn Settings and stop/start PlayOn, reboot the PlayOn device you use at your TV, reproduce the issue just
one time, and send another support request (again though PlayOn Settings) right away. Please copy and paste (Ctl-V)
this **entire** email history in the support request.
I won't be able to do this until late in the evening, maybe someone here can reproduce the issue and submit the info.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:30 AM
Sage Aficionado

What am I doing Wrong

Seems like i always have trouble getting plugins to work....

I just installed the PlayOn server software and this plugin.
When i browse to the Online Videos folder, i see entries for
Hulu, Amazon, etc. I also see icons for the different shows. However,
when i try to download something, it comes back with no videos found

What am i doing wrong?

I did not need to rebuild the STVi, correct? I could not load this STVi becuase there was no item for it in the Advanced Menu so i assume it is just there automatically.

Also, I assume that the PlayOn server does NOT have to be on the same server as SageTV, right?

Thanks.

Capture Devices: HDHomerunXTEND, HDHomerunPrime
Old 01-12-2010, 08:32 AM
Sage User

I submitted the info to PlayOn support regarding no videos found for the 2.59.3663 patch. Their response was:
----------
This shows the device is requesting folders that do not exist. It must have cached some old stale data. As we are not familiar with that device, we do not know why/when it caches, and how to reset it.

Regards,

Michael
PlayOn Support
----------

I really hope they can get this fixed.. I updated to the 2.59.3615 patch a couple nights ago to fix the original error that we all seem to have experienced and Hulu WAS working again--but the video quality was really bad, the framerate was painfully choppy, and about 25% of the time the episode would not continue playing after a commercial.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:57 AM
Sage Icon

playon reorganization..

The UPnP2podcast perl script at the core of EP's playon plugin takes arguments that tell it where to find videos. The latest update to playon has changed their UPnP layout, and is probably what's breaking the plugin.

For example, to index The Daily Show, you used to call it like this:
Code:
UPnP2Podcast 'PlayOn:Hulu:TV Episodes:D:The Daily Show:+2'
But now it should be called like this:
Code:
UPnP2Podcast 'PlayOn:Hulu:TV:Full Episodes:D:The Daily Show:+3'
I don't know how EP's plugin works, as I don't use it myself since I'm on linux. I just have a home-grown collection of scripts that I use.

Drew
Old 01-12-2010, 10:36 AM
Sage Aficionado

That command is in this file:
CustomOnlineVideoLinks_UPnP2Podcast_Hulu.properties

Also, does the "D:" refer to the drive letter? Am i supposed to change
it to map to the correct drive on my system? What is it supposed to be
pointing to?

Capture Devices: HDHomerunXTEND, HDHomerunPrime
Old 01-12-2010, 11:05 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandypuff View Post
That command is in this file:
CustomOnlineVideoLinks_UPnP2Podcast_Hulu.properties

Also, does the "D:" refer to the drive letter? Am i supposed to change
it to map to the correct drive on my system? What is it supposed to be
pointing to?
No, its the first letter of the tittle of the show. For a show starting with an S, it would be like this:
Code:
UPnP2Podcast 'PlayOn:Hulu:TV:Full Episodes:S:Stargate Universe:+3'
Like I said, I don't use EPs extension, so I have no idea how to fix it. Or if it even needs fixing -- it might be smart enough to index things automatically, and you may just be in trouble because SageTV has cached the old layout.

Drew
Old 01-12-2010, 11:16 AM
Sage Icon

I just looked at the STV's, and if I understand things correctly, it looks like all the xFeedPodcastCustom show links in STVs/SageTV3/OnlineVideos/CustomOnlineVideoLinks_UPnP2Podcast_Hulu.properties would need to change to replace +2 with +3, and "TV Episodes" with "TV: Full Episodes". An example of the change would be from:
Code:
xFeedPodcastCustom/Hulu_Show_StargateUniverse=xPodcastSyFy_Current,xPodcast_Hulu_Network_Syfy_SubCat;external,UPnP2Podcast,PlayOn:Hulu:TV Episodes:S:^Stargate.Universe$:+2
To:
Code:
xFeedPodcastCustom/Hulu_Show_StargateUniverse=xPodcastSyFy_Current,xPodcast_Hulu_Network_Syfy_SubCat;external,UPnP2Podcast,PlayOn:Hulu:TV:Full Episodes:S:^Stargate.Universe$:+3
This is what fixed my custom grabber. But like I said, I don't use this, so I can't test it, and am just speculating..

Drew
Old 01-12-2010, 11:20 AM
Sage Advanced User

There is a new update from playon, http://www.playon.tv/playon/upgrade but it unfortunately didn't fix the videos not found issue. Just like other people are posting I think that the file structure has changed. Hopefully evilpenguin will have some free time to update this plugin, until then
For a temporary solution hulu still works in stand alone mode if you have an hd200.
HD200: 46" LCD & HD200:26" LCD

Last edited by chrisc983; 01-12-2010 at 11:31 AM.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Hey everyone,

I can't do any debugging or official feed releases right now due to some home remodeling, but from what people are saying I think this should get people fixed up. Just unzip it to your SageTV folder and let me know if it fixes your problems.

-EP

Edit: Removed attached file, its no longer necessary. The Hulu feed should automatically update the first time you run the tool.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)

Last edited by evilpenguin; 01-15-2010 at 11:12 AM.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:43 PM
Sage Fanatic

Related question: Anyone have coupons or links for a discounted price on PlayOn?
Old 01-12-2010, 02:04 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinki View Post
I previously posted that this problem was fixed by rebooting my sage server. At some point it stopped working again. I can see and view videos in standalone mode with my HD200 but get the 'No Videos Found' error when trying to view them from the HD200 in extender mode. I'm attaching the log file if someone can be kind and take a look.

BTW, the machine that I am running the Playon server on is called 'Office'.
Can someone tell me if there is a way to specify where UPnP2Podcast looks for the Playon server? I see this line in my log file:

Code:
 + Search String: PlayOn:Hulu:TV Episodes:M:^Modern.Family$:+2
    - Looking for UPnP Server: PlayOn
      + Device: HTPC: Donny:(urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:MediaServer:1)
  ! Error! Couldn't find UPnP Device: (PlayOn)
The Device line seems to be saying it's looking on server HTPC username Donny. Well my PlayOn server is actually on a machine called OFFICE . That would explain why it's not finding the server if I'm reading this correctly.

HD200 standalone finds the server as well as my Xbox360.
Closed Thread

Tags
amazon vod, hulu, internet video streaming, netflix, online content, online services, online videos, playon