SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 02:54 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Jeff=- View Post
Bill..

I assume you tried this, but I was having the SAME issue as you, although mine did work, then had the issues you are seeing.

If you have a second PC, install Playon on the second machine to seeif the same thing happens, I did this and it worked fine.

Then I uninstalled playon from the original location. I then Reinstalled playon back on the original machine (in my case WHS) and turned off playon on the second machine i used for verification.

When I went in VIA Sage everything worked and I was able to stream shows.

Hope that might help and I hope it makes sense
Well, shazam ... I uninstalled PlayOn, turned the machine off, reinstalled PlayOn and for good measure uninstalled and re-installed Silverlight. It works!

Only problem is that Silverlight moves the picture about 1/2 way up the screen so that the bottom 1/2 of the screen is black. Not sure what to do about that yet, but for the moment, I can, finally, watch Netflix.

Thank you so much.

Bill Cole
Old 01-08-2010, 03:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacole View Post
Well, shazam ... I uninstalled PlayOn, turned the machine off, reinstalled PlayOn and for good measure uninstalled and re-installed Silverlight. It works!

Only problem is that Silverlight moves the picture about 1/2 way up the screen so that the bottom 1/2 of the screen is black. Not sure what to do about that yet, but for the moment, I can, finally, watch Netflix.

Thank you so much.

Bill Cole
AWESOME Glad I could help.. not sure about the Silverlight issue, I have not issues but I am running WHS, IE7 and latest Playon and Silverlight
Client 2: HD100 on 50" Panasonic Plasma (16x9)
Client 3: HD100 on 32" Toshiba Tube (4x3)
Old 01-09-2010, 03:59 PM
Sage User

New Error

I've installed this a few days ago and everything worked great (besides the aspect ratio). Today, successfully watching a Hulu video, I go to watch another and I get this error.

http://www.skytechconsulting.net/error.jpg

It creates the file but stays at 0 bytes and disappears when the error shows up.

I'm only using it for Hulu at this time.

Java issue? Any ideas?

--------Update----------
Downloaded this patch and it solved my issue. Hulu looks a little different but it works.

www.playon.tv/downloads/playon/test/PlayOnPatch.2.59.3615.exe

Last edited by Opus4; 01-09-2010 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Image too wide to be inline; changed to link.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDUB View Post

--------Update----------
Downloaded this patch and it solved my issue. Hulu looks a little different but it works.

www.playon.tv/downloads/playon/test/PlayOnPatch.2.59.3615.exe
Man; I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure out why I've been getting timeouts all day, then I read your post. That patch fixed my issue, too. Huge thanks for posting your update.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:53 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogrinz View Post
Man; I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure out why I've been getting timeouts all day, then I read your post. That patch fixed my issue, too. Huge thanks for posting your update.
Whenever you have a nagging problem with one of the services check out the "Submit Help Request" button in Playon. They post their "Hot Fixes" there and it usually solves your problem. I noticed that Hulu wasn't playing trailers and checked it out.

Hulu comes over now with more flash overlay than before. Wonder what's changed?
Old 01-10-2010, 03:49 PM
Sage User

Java.net.socket timeout exception:read timed out

I saw several posts concerning this but no real solution, at least not laid out in a way that I could follow. Playback works fine for Netflix and podcasts but no go for Hulu. I get this error: "There was an error downloading c:\users\...\ appdata\local\temp\onlinevideo.....flv Error:error:Java.net.socket timeout exception:read timed out" The file is created in the temp folder and is deleted when the download fails or times out. I've got the latest SageTV3.xml, UPnP2Podcast ver 1.6 on win 7 32bit, 813 gb of free space. Oddly up until a week or so ago it all worked. I just noticed this last night. Can some one help me out here with a description of how to fix this?
Thanks
Old 01-10-2010, 03:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Aspect Radio Bug ... please guys... lets get sageTV to help.

Can some of you guys please do me a favor and email support@sageTV.com knudge them a little bit about this? I dont think they understand how many people use this addon now that use sageTV on a PC with modern 16:9 display and respective HDMI connector. I mean, if they can at least send us a dll or file replacement at least as a temporary fix that would be great.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-10-2010, 03:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

@Phongshader

Sounds like the same problem described in the last 3 or so posts. Follow the directions in my post above. You need to update playon to the latest patched version.
Old 01-10-2010, 04:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeclad View Post
Hulu comes over now with more flash overlay than before. Wonder what's changed?
Sounds like they might have switched over from downloading the actual videos to playing back the flash player in a webpage like they do it for Netflix and Amazon VOD.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 01-10-2010, 04:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Can some of you guys please do me a favor and email support@sageTV.com knudge them a little bit about this? I dont think they understand how many people use this addon now that use sageTV on a PC with modern 16:9 display and respective HDMI connector. I mean, if they can at least send us a dll or file replacement at least as a temporary fix that would be great.
I wouldn't bug them too much right now, they're busy working on their own stuff. Save the emails for the beta cycle

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 01-10-2010, 04:11 PM
Sage User

It figures, I spend the last couple of hours trying to find a solution reading through the 1st 40 pages and i get frustrated and just post a question right under the answer without seeing it. Thanks it looks like it's all working again.
Old 01-10-2010, 04:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Sounds like they might have switched over from downloading the actual videos to playing back the flash player in a webpage like they do it for Netflix and Amazon VOD.
I always assumed that they did this with Hulu too. If they didn't before, they certainly seem to be doing this now. I wonder what the advantage is doing it this way?
Old 01-10-2010, 04:17 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
It would make Hulu replay so much better. Even the stretch mode doesn't give the greatest viewing quality.
I'll give them a little time and email in a week. I understand when your bug plate is full.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:16 PM
Sage User

Adding plugins to PlayOn

Edit: Found my answer in Post# 629! http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthr...&postcount=629

Apologies if this is already answered, but the thread is 47 pages long and "plugin" is not a great search term in this thread.

If I add plugins to PlayOn, such as from www.playonplugins.com, how do I get Sage to see these as new feeds? I added the HGTV plugin from http://www.playonplugins.com/index.php?topic=2263.0 and verified through another UPNP device that the feed is there. I figured it would just show up automatically in SageTV but no luck. I am guessing I need to go edit one of the properties files in OnlineVideos but I'm new at this and a little lost. Can someone point me in the right direction?

If I get this working, I think it's the final requirement for my wife to let me shut off DirecTV and switch over to Sage for the whole house.

Last edited by jgreen1024; 01-10-2010 at 08:11 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:05 AM
Sage Aficionado

This is probably not the right forum for this but I was wondering if anyone has heard if PlayOn plans on adding API support for other applications to interact with it? Basically what I am looking for is something that gives me the option to start videos over each time I start playing them. I have some movies with Netflix and Amazon VOD that every time I play a movie I have already started watching it starts towards the ending. If I want to watch the movie again I have to login and move it back to the very beginning manually.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Thanks. I appreciate it. I understand that sageTV developement's plate is full. But, considering the value this addon brings to sageTV, I cant imagine anything they are working on that adds more value and takes higher priority on sageTV than this addon.

...Unless they surprise us with this next-gen Windows 7 Media Center caliber UI or an HD-200/HD-300 blu-ray player addon.. then I would completely understand why they are are too busy to fix this issue; and, wouldnt want to distract them from that. But if its something super-lame like a server on a stick.... I think they can squeeze in a little time to send us a "patch" for this issue. Others may not feel the same way; especially if this bug doesnt affect them... but just thought Id put in another reminder.....

-Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDUB View Post
It would make Hulu replay so much better. Even the stretch mode doesn't give the greatest viewing quality.
I'll give them a little time and email in a week. I understand when your bug plate is full.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-11-2010, 11:20 AM
Sage Advanced User

hulu issue any one else

So I just did a reinstall of my server and when i try to access hulu i got the Error:the requested video was not found on the server. so i reinstalled great now i have the videos but when i click on it i then get the ( I get this error: "There was an error downloading c:\users\...\ appdata\local\temp\onlinevideo.....flv error) so then i updated for playon update for hulu. then it goes back to Error: The Requesed video was not found on the server i have tried reinstalling any one else getting this ?

p.s. netflix and amazon work just no Hulu
Old 01-11-2010, 11:39 AM
Sage Icon

See a couple of posts above for people with similar issues - seems there is a Playon patch to fix it.
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all
Old 01-11-2010, 11:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

yea i did that the problem is i go from one error to the other like a bad cycle
Old 01-11-2010, 01:01 PM
Sage Fanatic

Sounds like a great plugin, but I am confused about a few things.

Shows will not appear on the SageTV recordings menu, correct? This setup is just for streaming video?

Can one pause, go back ,etc on the streams? What about commercial dectection - I take it that it will not work since the content is not stored on disk?
Closed Thread

Tags
amazon vod, hulu, internet video streaming, netflix, online content, online services, online videos, playon