SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 08:58 AM
Sage Icon

Does it work if you immediately try to download it again? A while ago I use to get a timeout error, but trying to download it again generally worked.

I actually haven't seen that timeout in a while, so I'm guessing Playon fixed the problem with one of their latest versions.
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all
Old 12-19-2009, 11:54 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sic0048 View Post
Does it work if you immediately try to download it again? A while ago I use to get a timeout error, but trying to download it again generally worked.
NO, I tried that.

Also, everything (except java) is uptodate: Playon, STV, Sagetv, HD200s.

I've kept java on my HP WHS at 6.13, because of many problems setting my system up in Aug./Sept.

Mick
HP Mediasmart EX-470 server with 4.5tb storage, running Sagetv; 2 Hauppauge HD-PVRs; 2 Directv Receivers (H20 and H21 channel changing by usb/serial/usb cables); 4 Sagetv HD-200s; Pioneer KRP-500M Kuro plasma; Pioneer Elite SC-07 receiver; Panasonic TH-50PH9UK plasma; Sharp Aquos LC-C4067U LCD.

Last edited by mickdaly; 12-19-2009 at 11:58 AM.
Old 12-19-2009, 02:01 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickdaly View Post
NO, I tried that.

I've kept java on my HP WHS at 6.13, because of many problems setting my system up in Aug./Sept.

Mick
HP Mediasmart EX-470 server with 4.5tb storage, running Sagetv; 2 Hauppauge HD-PVRs; 2 Directv Receivers (H20 and H21 channel changing by usb/serial/usb cables); 4 Sagetv HD-200s; Pioneer KRP-500M Kuro plasma; Pioneer Elite SC-07 receiver; Panasonic TH-50PH9UK plasma; Sharp Aquos LC-C4067U LCD.
It was a stretch, but I thought I would throw it out there. Thanks for clarifying.
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Old 12-19-2009, 02:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
NO, I tried that.

Mick
A few things:

1) Have you upgraded your IE to 8.0?
2) Do you have the latest silverlight installed?
3) Is netflix using the silverlight playback?
4) Have you watched a Watch it Now movie on the server via IE?

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 12-19-2009, 09:43 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
I can do a manual 133% zoom of these Playon videos, but that screws up everything else.
I was able to work around this problem by configuring the "Fill" aspect ratio setting (which I never used anyway) to zoom in enough to show my Hulu content using the full screen. For some reason that wound up being 120% vertical and 100% horizontal, which I don't quite understand, but it works. Now when I watch a Hulu show I set it to the "Fill" aspect ratio and when I watch anything else I set it back to "Source".

Not as nice as having Sage take care of it automatically, but still better than only using 33 inches of my 40 inch TV.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Aspect Radio Bug identified!

Yeah, everything I saw on my end pointed it to be a sageTV issue. Please dont shy away from submitting a bug report. Since they dont have a Hulu/Netflix solution anymore, I know they will be motivated to help you any way they can. I would love to be able to get these video to display correctly; since I use my PC based client more than my HD200 client/Placeshifter clients.

If you can think of a clever hack around this in the meantime, please let us know!

I am sure between this bug and the one supporting Netflix TV series episodes, sageTV will try to get this in they next beta. I mean, afterall they cant just focus on only pleasing the sageTV on a stick crowd.

If there's anything I can do to help push this to make it happened please let me know!

Thanks again for figuring out where the problem is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Yeah, I found some time to do some digging and this is 100% a sage issue. The video format for 4:3 and 16:9 Hulu videos is as follows...

Code:
C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV>SageTVTranscoder.exe -dumpmetadata -i C:\43.flv
Input #0, mpeg, from 'C:\43.flv':
  Duration: 00:00:43.64, start: 0.500000, bitrate: 4228 kb/s
    Stream #0.0[0x1e0]: Video: mpeg2video, yuv420p, 640x480, AR: 4:3, progressive, 4000 kb/s, 29.97 fps
    Stream #0.1[0x1c0]: Audio: mp2, 44100 Hz, stereo, s16, 192 kb/s
At least one output file must be specified

C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV>SageTVTranscoder.exe -dumpmetadata -i C:\169.flv
Input #0, mpeg, from 'C:\169.flv':
  Duration: 00:02:04.62, start: 0.500000, bitrate: 4240 kb/s
    Stream #0.0[0x1e0]: Video: mpeg2video, yuv420p, 720x400, AR: 9:5, progressive, 4000 kb/s, 29.97 fps
    Stream #0.1[0x1c0]: Audio: mp2, 44100 Hz, stereo, s16, 192 kb/s
At least one output file must be specified
So Sage should have all the info it needs to handle it properly. I'll go ahead and submit a bug.

Edit: I'm fairly sure their response will be to wait until the next beta and see if its already fixed.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 12-20-2009, 11:45 AM
Sage User

DRM Issues and Netflix

Installed the plugin and working great for everything except Netflix

When trying to play a netflix movie in my queue, I get an error from Netflix - a screen that states:

Digital Rights Management (DRM) Error
Error Code: 8151

We're sorry, but there is a problem playing protected (DRM) content on your system.

To resolve this problem

1. Close your browser
2. Then reopen the browser and try again.

Using Windows x64, most recent versions of PlayOn (registered) and Sage and plugin - I do see my instant queue OK and Netflix responds but always results in this error. Using IE 8 as my browser.

Any help would be appreciated - thanks!
Old 12-20-2009, 12:48 PM
Sage Icon

I think Netflix uses Silverlight for its playback. If you don't have it installed on your Playon server, I suspect that is your problem.
OpenDCT
Old 12-22-2009, 01:34 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileydogmi View Post
Installed the plugin and working great for everything except Netflix

When trying to play a netflix movie in my queue, I get an error from Netflix - a screen that states:

Digital Rights Management (DRM) Error
Error Code: 8151
I get this on the extenders from time to time. All I do is stop it and try to play another film and then it works. Then I can stop that and go back to the original one I intended to play.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:24 AM
SageTVaholic

That's why this plugin is so popular. It just works perfectly on the HD200. At least, it works better than most plugins that are first released. To be honest, I'm surprised it works as well as it does right out of the box. I am going to separately notify sageTV support about the aspect ratio issue and TV series dynamic submenu support. I'm sure support will agree that this addon has a good amount of priority over other current issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettS View Post
I just started using Sage a couple of days ago and I just got this plugin working last night and I definitely noticed that my screen wasn't getting filled on my 16x9 HDTV. Unfortunately I'm not sure I have much help to offer, but I can at least confirm that I'm seeing the same thing and would love to see a solution.

Are you saying that this won't be a problem with the HD200? I don't have any HD200's right now as I am just running the trial version of Sage, but I am planning to get several that will go on the most used TV's, so this may have less impact for me.

Thanks,
Brett

***RIP SageTV***
Old 12-22-2009, 12:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

Netflix Error

Yes

Yes

How can I determine this? Netflix playback through IE is perfect.
But it won't play back through Playon/HD200

Yes
HP Mediasmart EX-485 server with 4.5tb storage, running Sagetv 7.0.23; 2 Hauppauge HD-PVRs; 2 Directv Receivers (H20 and H21 channel changing by usb/serial/usb cables); 4 Sagetv HD-200s; 1 Sagetv HD-300; Carada Criterion 126" screen; Definitive Technology speakers (UIW RLS II x 3, UIW BP/A x 2, DI 5.5BPS x 2, IWSub 10/10), Pioneer KRP-500M Kuro plasma; Pioneer Elite SC-07 receiver; Panasonic TH-50PH9UK plasma; Sharp Aquos LC-C4067U LCD; Oppo BDP-83 Blu-Ray player.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:40 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Yes

Yes

How can I determine this? Netflix playback through IE is perfect.
But it won't play back through Playon/HD200

Yes
I'm grasping at straws here, but uninstalling and reinstalling Playon cleared up an issue I had with Amazon VOD (this at the direction of the great playon support team). It's quick and easy to uninstall and reinstall Playon. I would suggest it just to confirm that isn't the problem.

Do you have another PlayOn device you can test with (a PS3 or Wii, etc). If it doesn't work on the other device, then I would log a support ticket with Playon. They were extremely quick and helpful in tracking down my Amazon VOD issue.
OpenDCT
Old 12-24-2009, 09:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Linux problems

I am having an issue getting this working on Linux. I have done some modifications and I hope I have not changed something that really makes a difference. From what I can tell it is working just fine except I cannot get any videos links when I select Hulu or Netflix. I have attached a log to see if anyone can help.

TIA,
Jayson
Attached Files
File Type: txt UPnP2Podcast.txt (8.8 KB, 333 views)
Headless ArchLinux 2.6.34 64-bit, SageTV 7.0.15
Sun JRE 1.6.0_20
Comskip&PlayonWindows XP 2CPU and 1GB Ram Allocated
Clients: 1 Media MVP and 2 STX-HD100
Old 12-24-2009, 11:29 PM
Sage User

I have been having problems watching HULU content recently. I can start viewing and about 8-10 minutes in the video hangs in the same spot. Does it on my 100, the server and my PC client.

I CAN watch video and skip past the point it hangs on in the web browser on the server but this is getting frustrating.
Old 12-26-2009, 04:45 PM
Sage User

Anyody have PlayOn installed on Win2k3 server?

It's telling me i need SSPD Discovery service on and from what i understand i also need some sort of UDpnp service. Both of these are not part of win2k3.

I've some instructions online on how to get this working:

http://alantechreview.blogspot.com/2...ces-under.html

These instructions are hugely complicated and i haven't tried them yet. I was hoping somebody had some sort of easier way to get this working.
Old 12-26-2009, 05:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Wouldn't WHS users be in the same boat as WHS is really Win2k3 server with some stuff added and other stuff subtracted? There are lots of Sage users who have their server on WHS.
Old 12-26-2009, 10:26 PM
Sage Icon

My Online Services/ PlayOn access has died, for no apparent reason. Nothing has changed, I have not made any alterations to my Sage setup or server in the past week. It was working fine about a week ago. Now I get nothing... I get "no videos found" in every single program.

I have the latest STV, latest PlayOn, etc. UPnP Inspector shows everything just fine (all available programs), but none are found in Sage. It was working fine a week ago, and now, nothing.

I'll check the tempfeed.xml (I believe one is still being created) and post soon - but in the meantime, anyone have any ideas?
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 12-27-2009, 12:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpjpjpj View Post
I'll check the tempfeed.xml (I believe one is still being created) and post soon - but in the meantime, anyone have any ideas?
Still works fine for me, try updating/restarting PlayON. Also, I'll need to see a UPnP2Podcast.log file (see the sig) and a list of the shows you tried to watch.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)

Last edited by evilpenguin; 12-27-2009 at 12:37 AM.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:24 AM
Sage Icon

Well, this is weird. I tried "Lost" (per the debug suggestion in post 2) and it worked. Then I tried numerous programs which have content available according to UPnP Inspector, and they all had nothing. Then I tried
"Lost" again, and it didn't work.

Looking at the log file, it says it's not finding the PlayOn device. I suspect this is a networking problem, since my PlayOn is not on the Sage server. I'm guessing some sort of problem is happening between the Sage server and the PlayOn computer (occasionally the laptop with PlayOn can't find the Sage server drive via Windows Explorer also, though it is finding it right now).

Also, I don't know if this means something, but rather than just having a big message saying "no videos found", the message appears in a window as if it were a piece of content. The title of that box is the "no videos found" message. If I click on that (since it's a selectable "item"), it gives me the big message "no videos found".

Here's a Food Network/Iron Chef log file. It behaves like all the other failed ones.

Code:
Welcome to UPnP2Podcast v1.6!
  + Path: C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV
  + Parameters
    - (PlayOn:FoodNetwork:^Iron.Chef.America$:+2)
  + Search String: PlayOn:FoodNetwork:^Iron.Chef.America$:+2
    - Looking for UPnP Server: PlayOn
      + Device: DIR-615(urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:InternetGatewayDevice:1)
      + Device: ()
      + Device: ()
  ! Error! Couldn't find UPnP Device: (PlayOn)
<----------------- Feed ------------------>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:itunes="http://www.itunes.com/dtds/podcast-1.0.dtd"
  xmlns:content="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/">
  <channel> 
    <title>No Videos Found</title> 
    <description>UPnP2Podcast v1.6 PlayOn:FoodNetwork:^Iron.Chef.America$:+2</description> 
    <language>en-us</language> 
    <itunes:summary>No Videos Found</itunes:summary> 
    <itunes:subtitle>No Videos Found</itunes:subtitle> 
   <item> 
      <title>No Videos Found</title> 
      <description>No videos found for UPnP search string (PlayOn:FoodNetwork:^Iron.Chef.America$:+2).  Since online videos are constantly being added and removed this could mean that there are just no videos available at this time. (This message is from the UPnP2Podcast Plug-in)</description> 
      <pubDate>1981-09-15</pubDate> 
      <itunes:subtitle>No videos found for UPnP search string (PlayOn:FoodNetwork:^Iron.Chef.America$:+2).  Since online videos are constantly being added and removed this could mean that there are just no videos available at this time. (This message is from the UPnP2Podcast Plug-in)</itunes:subtitle>
      <itunes:duration>00:46:35</itunes:duration>
      <enclosure url="http://127.0.0.1/fake.mpg" length="1668940000" type="video/mpeg2" /> 
      <media:content duration="2795" medium="video" fileSize="1668940000" url="http://127.0.0.1/fake.mpg" type="video/mpeg2"> 
       <media:title>No Videos Found</media:title> 
        <media:description>No videos found for UPnP search string (PlayOn:FoodNetwork:^Iron.Chef.America$:+2).  Since online videos are constantly being added and removed this could mean that there are just no videos available at this time. (This message is from the UPnP2Podcast Plug-in)</media:description> 
        <media:thumbnail url="http://127.0.0.1/fake.jpg"/> 
      </media:content> 
    </item> 
  </channel> 
</rss>
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 12-27-2009, 01:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

using hd200 and netflix

Is there anyway when resuming watching a netflix movie that you can fast forward within the stream? I wasn't sure if netflix allowed this with the api.

I watch a movie and try to resume 2 days later but can't.
Closed Thread

Tags
amazon vod, hulu, internet video streaming, netflix, online content, online services, online videos, playon