SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 08:36 AM
Sage Icon

If you scroll down do you see the items at the bottom of the list? That's where it shows up on my system. Also, the latest release of Playon is 2.59.3608 (updated on the 16th). It fixes some bugs with Netflix, so probably a good idea to update.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:47 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpjpjpj View Post
What do you mean by "blank screens"? Did you find some content, click to load it, have it say it was buffering, and then go blank? Or do you get "no videos found" when you choose a folder? Or some sort of error?

Probably not what you are talking about, but just in case:if you see a video and choose it, and it buffers a while and then just goes blank (black screen).... push Play. The hulu videos (usually/often/always?) don't start on their own after buffering.
On my HD200, I get all the folders showing up, Hulu, Netflix etc but nothing appears when I select them, just nothingness!

Proud owner of a HD200 connected to a 47" LCD. Loving Sage 7 and Phoenix
Old 11-19-2009, 09:57 AM
Sage Icon

I've noticed that when I select a show to watch, I usually have to hit play once the screen goes black after buffering (especially on Hulu stuff, not sure if that's normal or not though). Once I hit play, it merrily goes on it's way.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:11 AM
Sage Icon

Sorry.... my own stupidity.... didn't realize that when you update the STV, it does one then you have to keep checking until it updates them all.

I must have had 5 of them it had to get through before Playon stuff would show up.

This is VERY COOL!!! Now, why is this not actually part of the Sage code????
Old 11-19-2009, 04:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCoat999 View Post
I can watch PlayOn content on my Wii (bad quality and very low WAF). I can run the UPNP inspector and find my Hulu queue. But all I get is blank screens through SageMC and this. Any thoughts please?

Running HD200 with SageMC and Windows 7 - 64-bit
More details please, are you selecting a show ("The Office") and no videos are showing up or are you seeing the videos, but when you try to play them it goes to a blank screen. If its the later... try pressing play :-p
Old 11-19-2009, 06:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
More details please, are you selecting a show ("The Office") and no videos are showing up or are you seeing the videos, but when you try to play them it goes to a blank screen. If its the later... try pressing play :-p
I see the folders "Hulu", "Netflix", "ABC", etc, but nothing once I click on each of those. No files, nothing. But my queue does show up when using the UPNP inspector for Hulu (and Wii).

Old 11-20-2009, 07:48 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Make sure you have updated your STV to the latest version. Detailed Setup-Advanced-Update STV. It should tell you what your current version of STV you are running.

Gerry
Thanks! That was the problem!
Old 11-20-2009, 08:29 AM
Sage Aficionado

I downloaded 6.6.2 of Sage and installed that. Now, none of the Hulu or Amazon VOD feeds are showing up at all on the screen.... ... and I don't see an "Update STV" under detailed setup-advanced by the way....

Old 11-20-2009, 08:34 AM
Sage Icon

Did you move the focus to the right hand box and scroll down? Perhaps it is just further down on the list than you can see. I assure you it is there.

Remember to continue "checking for updates" until you get a pop-up that says "No Updates Found." The updates are installed one at a time, so if there have been 10 updates since the intial release, you'll need to check for updates and download them 10 times before you get the No Updates Found popup.
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all
Old 11-20-2009, 10:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

Detail not showing in My Queue

Hi,
Love this.
Just did a check that 'everything' (sagetv, playon, HD200, stv etc) is up to date.

Is there a reason that all other shows have details about them shown, but not my Queue?

I took this image off my server, we watch TV only via our HD Theater.

Thanks
Old 11-20-2009, 01:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
Is there a reason that all other shows have details about them shown, but not my Queue?
Yep, that's just how it is, the queue feeds don't have a description via PlayON.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCoat999 View Post
I downloaded 6.6.2 of Sage and installed that. Now, none of the Hulu or Amazon VOD feeds are showing up at all on the screen.... ... and I don't see an "Update STV" under detailed setup-advanced by the way....

Once you're fully updated make sure you unzipped the files into the correct paths.

C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\UPnP2Podcast.exe
C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\OnlineVideos\Lots of UPnP2Podcast feed files
Attached Images
File Type: jpg checkForUpdate.jpg (111.8 KB, 2200 views)

Last edited by evilpenguin; 11-20-2009 at 01:32 PM.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

Nope, not there!
Mine skips from Rescan to Manage to SageTV Application Package

Old 11-20-2009, 05:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Then follow the manual install instructions...

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...8&postcount=58
Old 11-20-2009, 05:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

RedCoat999: I had to do a manual install as well on Win7. I think Vista may have the same potential issue where the option isn't available.

evilpenguin (or others): Is anyone noticing runaway CPU and/or memory with the PlayOn server being used by this mod? I navigate Netflix, pick a movie, play it...CPU goes high (as expected). When I finish, it doesn't drop back down. Neither does memory. Play another and it doubles up. I'd gladly pay for PlayOn (and even this mod, frankly) if I didn't have to go in and manually restart the service every time I watched something.
Media Server / NAS:
Case: Thermaltake Armor CPU: AMD Opteron 1218 (2.6GHz Dual Core) Motherboard: ASUS MN2-LR Memory: 2GB Gfx Card: Headless Tuner: Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge PVR-350 (not in use) O/S: Windows 7 Sage: Latest RAID: On-Board Drives: 6 x 1.5TB SATA RAID-5, 2 x 80GB IDE RAID-1 (O/S) Storage: 7.5TB Total
Old 11-20-2009, 06:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
RedCoat999: I had to do a manual install as well on Win7. I think Vista may have the same potential issue where the option isn't available.

evilpenguin (or others): Is anyone noticing runaway CPU and/or memory with the PlayOn server being used by this mod? I navigate Netflix, pick a movie, play it...CPU goes high (as expected). When I finish, it doesn't drop back down. Neither does memory. Play another and it doubles up. I'd gladly pay for PlayOn (and even this mod, frankly) if I didn't have to go in and manually restart the service every time I watched something.
You have a playon setting that processes the whole file. If you don't want to, change the setting. There is a downside but I don't remember what it is.
Old 11-20-2009, 06:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeclad View Post
You have a playon setting that processes the whole file. If you don't want to, change the setting. There is a downside but I don't remember what it is.
Oh good call, I keep forgetting about that. Yeah, I disable that and haven't really had any issues. Sage does all the buffering I need anyway so I don't think its really necessary for us.
Old 11-20-2009, 08:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Then follow the manual install instructions...

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...8&postcount=58
Son of a @#$@#. Followed that and appears to work on my desktop. Now as soon as the Mrs finished her shows I can try it on the HD200. Thanks EP, fingers crossed.... Could have swore I did that manual thing, but maybe that was for the Sage program itself, not the STV if there is a difference, don't know just dazed and confused!

Old 11-21-2009, 08:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

Back again! Watched our first movie on Netflix using this. Touch of ol' time with Karate Kid! Anyway, I got a out of memory error about 1:50 into it and had to finish watching it on the computer which is running the server. The list on the HD200 got erased until I rebooted.

I have plenty of hard drive space, ram, and CPU to handle this, so are there any settings for this?
Thanks

Old 11-22-2009, 10:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Oh good call, I keep forgetting about that. Yeah, I disable that and haven't really had any issues. Sage does all the buffering I need anyway so I don't think its really necessary for us.
EP,

Actually, I think it is necessary. I just figured out why. If you watch a video and pause it for 5 minutes, playon detects that no streaming is occurring and cancels the download. This just happened to me while watching a Hulu show on the HD100 at the 40 minute mark of a 47 minute video. After pausing for a few minutes, I started the show again and then after about 5 minutes the video halted and I couldn't get it to restart even though I tried to watch again from the beginning and FF until the point it ended. I guess Sage saved the previously downloaded 40 min. of video but couldnt get anymore from that point.

I thought that Playon would see the Sage server as a streaming device and not detect a stop in streaming but when I paused my HD100 it clearly had an effect. This is why I think that setting this to on is important even though it will result in an unecessary CPU drain at times.

From the Playon Forum:

Always Process Entire Video:

On: Unless you turn off the PlayOn server (or PC), and as long as you don't select a new video from the game console, PlayOn will download and process the entire video, all the way to the end. You can pause and stop the video at any time, and resume at any time later (even after restarting the game console).

Off: Same as above, except if you pause or stop the video from the game console, and let it sit for more than 5 minutes, the server will stop processing the video. This means you will not be able to watch any video beyond the point where processing is stopped.

Last edited by skyeclad; 11-22-2009 at 10:21 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
amazon vod, hulu, internet video streaming, netflix, online content, online services, online videos, playon