SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 09:54 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe1475 View Post
Does anyone experience issues with Netflix starting movies from somwhere in the middle.
I notice this too. I also hate that if I watch some if on the computer, it picks up where I left off when I watch it via sage. While this might be seen as a nifty feature, the inability to start from the beginning easily is a problem.

RR/FF is also an issue for me.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:21 AM
Sage Aficionado

I believe if you set PlayOn to always transcode the video it will start over from the beginning every time. You will also have the ability to fast forward since it seems to keep the video for a short period of time in it entirety. I think that if you use PlayOn to view another program in the meantime however, it will delete the first transcoded video. Meaning it will start over from the beginning, but you won't be able to FF.

I turned this off, because I like it to pick up where I left off.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:41 AM
Sage User

Smile

Is there anywhere I can get version 1.0 of the UPnp2podcast app?
Old 11-05-2009, 12:28 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonen View Post
Ok, it looks like TVersity works now with version 1.0 of the UPnp2podcast app. I used the PS3 setting which sets the duration at 10 hours, and I have successfully added Smallville from the WB network and watched an entire episode. The video quality is pretty good.

I will work on my custom feed files and post them when ready as soon as I add other shows from the WB unless EP has some better ideas on how to handle this.
This is fantastic news. Keep us posted.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

I am beginning to hate TVersity. I keeping having issues with the DLNA service. It stops running...I have had to perform multiple reinstalls to get it to show up again. Maybe I will wait a bit until this beta has the bugs worked out. It is definitely not as stable as PlayOn, that is for sure.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:26 PM
Sage Icon

I also have the problem where Netflix movies can't be fast forwarded or rewound. On top of that, PlayOn is not deleting the cache files. I had 30Gigs of free space on my C: drive and PlayON filled it up in a matter of two weeks. The cache files are in the user temp folder and there's no setting to specify a temp directory else where.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, that cache thing is a SageTV bug. If you're watching an online video on an extender and power off before stopping the video, it will keep downloading the file and never delete it

I already filed a bug and it should be fixed during the next beta cycle.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

Anyone else having problems with the Hulu Movie Trailers(located in Browse Netflix)? I get a listing of trailers but every one of them reports that the requested video was not found on the server.
Attached Files
File Type: txt UPnP2Podcast.log.txt (10.4 KB, 337 views)
Old 11-05-2009, 07:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Yep, i'm seeing the same thing, looks like Hulu changed something on their end and Playon will have to update to fix.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

help needed!

I previously had hulu/online videos working with the stvi and then udpated the playon version to latest today, deleted the stvi and went with EP sweet/easy folder of custom feeds.
I am able to browse all teh feeds, get listing of videos for nbc, abc, fox, hulu and so forth but when i select a file i get video download failed, error: the requested video was not found on the server.

I have sagetv latest stv 2009102001, firewall off on my sagetv WHS server and i have tried accessing the videos on my WHS sagetv window (generates tempfeed_client.xml) file instead of tempfeed.xml, and also from another PC placeshifting.Also opened up port 63478 on apple extreme and directed it to my WHS box at 192.168.200.27.
the tempfeed files shows strings for the respective .mpg feeds for the movies but when i select the files into firefox/IE, nothing loads. I have attached a copy of my tempfeed_client file (for WHS sagetv feeds) and also for my placeshifting on my other client PC, and any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: txt TempFeed_client.txt (6.1 KB, 238 views)
File Type: txt TempFeed_001cb370a485.txt (5.3 KB, 259 views)
File Type: txt UPnP2Podcast.txt (16.3 KB, 293 views)

Last edited by Ericft; 11-06-2009 at 08:34 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Yep, i'm seeing the same thing, looks like Hulu changed something on their end and Playon will have to update to fix.
OK I submitted a bug report just in case they don't know.

Update: Hulu trailers are back up and running.

Last edited by skyeclad; 11-07-2009 at 06:37 AM.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:11 PM
Sage Fanatic

I'm working well, but about 40% of the time the videos will just randomly stop and it goes back to the hulu menu. Is this a network issue or something else?
Old 11-07-2009, 09:34 AM
Sage User

I just installed XBMC for Windows, which allows you to add Playon as a source. The interface is very easy because you can browse the Playon tree structure.

Wouldn't this be a much easier approach than having to update feed files, which do not take into account custom Playon plugins?

JP
Old 11-07-2009, 01:53 PM
Sage Aficionado

Any info here?
It's also strange because I just noticed in the "NBC" screen shot in the first post Community, for example is shown there.
So, why don't I see it?

I've upgraded to the latest stuff. (as of 10/31).

Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch G View Post
Maybe this has been answered, but I don't see it - besides I'm not 100% sure which posts are about the new "integrated" solution.
So, how does one add programs to a channel?

If I go to the NBC channel I see only a subset of programs - for example Community is missing.
I looked at the various video properties files, etc. but I don't see an obvious pattern which I could emulate and simply add "Community" to and have it show up.

Thanks,

Mitch
Old 11-07-2009, 02:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch G View Post
Any info here?
It's also strange because I just noticed in the "NBC" screen shot in the first post Community, for example is shown there.
So, why don't I see it?

I've upgraded to the latest stuff. (as of 10/31).

Mitch
I'll get it added later this week, until then you can browse Hulu by network and go to NBC.
Old 11-08-2009, 01:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

Regarding the Hulu error (Video Download failed - video not found on the server) - I'm still getting that for video's in my queue... Did you guys have to change something to get things working again on your Sage side of things? Or, are they seill broken. I saw something about trailers working again - are videos still broken? Maybe it is just my setup?
Old 11-08-2009, 07:22 AM
SageTVaholic

I was having problems with Hulu playback where it would work only after a reboot of my server. Yesterday I downgraded to v1.3 of the upnp plugin and I still have Hulu playback. Although, for some reason it doesn't seem to be picking up my Hulu user queue now.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:48 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
I'll get it added later this week, until then you can browse Hulu by network and go to NBC.
I have a question about that. What I have noticed is a direct link between USA on the main online services and USA under Hulu. There is a new show called White Collar on USA which is on the Hulu site, but I wasn't able to find it under Hulu USA in Sage. If I access the PlayOn service from my Wii, I'm able to see White Collar. Any ideas?

Also, I think it would be cool if we could do a search for a show name on Hulu. What if you hear about a show and don't know which station plays it, but want to try it out and catch up on some old episodes?

Thanks
Old 11-08-2009, 10:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddeusz View Post
I was having problems with Hulu playback where it would work only after a reboot of my server. Yesterday I downgraded to v1.3 of the upnp plugin and I still have Hulu playback. Although, for some reason it doesn't seem to be picking up my Hulu user queue now.
I think I have a similar problem and maybe we can help EP debug it. Can you go back to the 1.5 version of the exe and see if after it stops responding there are instances of the exe still running? (Check for the process under task manager.)

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:55 AM
Sage Expert

I got a couple more PlayOn Script Plugin script additions. If you don't have the Script Plugin, grab it from the playonplugins.com message board here. Be sure to have the 0.5.0.0 version of the Script Plugin installed. Once the Script Plugin is installed, unzip the attached KidsWB.zip to the MediaMall\Plugins\Scripts directory, then grab and install the Justin.TV script from the playonplugins.com message board:

Justin.TV script - http://www.playonplugins.com/index.php?topic=1957.0

No modifications to the justin.tv script is necessary. Just install the script to the MediaMall\Plugins\Scripts directory as normal. The Justin.TV script consists of three files. All three files go into the Plugins\Scripts directory. Once all files are installed, restart the MediaMall Server service. Then download the attached OnlineServices.zip file and copy the .properties files to the SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\OnlineVideos directory. Copy the Justin.tv.Bookmarks.txt file to the MediaMall\Plugins\Scripts directory replacing the existing file.

That's all for basic installation. It will create a KidsWB and Justin.TV categories in the Online Services menu. If have a Cartoons category, the KidsWB/DC Beyond cartoons will be added to that category as well. If you don't have a Cartoons category, it will also be created and contain the KidsWB and DC Beyond cartoons.

You can add your own Justin.TV channels by editing the Justin.tv.Bookmarks.txt file in the MediaMall\Plugins\Scripts directory. And you can edit the file without having to restart the MediaMall Server service. If you are using UPnPInspector, just right click the Justin.TV folder and refresh the container to see the newly added content. No need to modify the .properties file either...just leave the Online Services menu and then go back in. I believe SageTV caches the video list for a short period, so you may have to wait a while for newly added bookmarks to show up in the list. To add bookmarks, go to the Justin.TV web site and find a channel you want to add. The Justin.TV web page that displays the video for your channel is the URL you want to add to the bookmarks file. The format is:

URL Title

For example, the Cartoon Palace channel:
http://en.justin.tv/cartoonpalace_1 Random Toons

The URL is http://en.justin.tv/cartoonpalace_1 and the Title is Random Toons. You can set the title to anything you want. Whatever you use as the title is what will show up in the Justin.TV category in the Online Services menu. One last note...the Justin.TV channels should show up dynamically in SageTV. The channels that are off the air, have stopped broadcasting, or have been removed from Justin.TV shouldn't show up in the video list in SageTV.

<edit>
Fixed instructions and added proper KidsWB script. I forgot that I modifed the KidsWB.lua script, so I attached the modified script here and updated the instructions.
</edit>
Attached Files
File Type: zip OnlineServices.zip (1.9 KB, 274 views)
File Type: zip KidsWB.zip (1.7 KB, 264 views)

Server Hardware: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R, Intel Q9550 CPU 2.83GHz, 11GB RAM, 1xHDHR, 1xHVR1600, 1xHVR2250
29TB Server Storage: 1TB SSD (OS), 1TB (data), 2x6TB+2x10TB (22TB FlexRaid storage pool), 2x2TB (recordings), 1x750GB (VMs).
Server Software: Win10 Pro x64 OS, SageTV 64bit v9.2.0.441, Java 1.8 u241, PlayOn, Comskip (Donator) v0.82.003, WampServer v2.5.
Clients: 3xHD300s, 2xHD100, 2xPlaceshifters

Last edited by robogeek; 11-09-2009 at 08:05 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
amazon vod, hulu, internet video streaming, netflix, online content, online services, online videos, playon