SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 05:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisc983 View Post
Do these get updated automatically or do we have to do it manually?
This is just a test build some people are helping me out with, don't worry about it until I do a real release.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ok, I just updated everything. Two quick questions.

First, I'm seeing green bars on the top of Hulu streams. Any way to fix that.

Second (and more importantly), my Hulu streams are still cutting off before the end (and fast forward doesn't work, if that's related). Any ideas on how to debug this?

- Jeff
Old 10-23-2009, 08:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

Works amazing! thank you so much for this plugin! worked perfectly out of the box even on my crappy P4 2.8 playing locally and on an HD200.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:19 PM
Sage Icon

EP, just wanted to be the umpteenth person to say THIS IS AWESOME. THANKS SO MUCH!!!

I finally had a big "catch-up" tonight... updated my Sage version (I was still in 6.5), updated several plugins that had been improved over the past half-year or so, and then downloaded this wonderful package. I have PlayOn running on my laptop (Vista 64) wirelessly on my network, and it works great through my (slow) server, to my HD extenders!
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:21 PM
Sage Icon

Alright, now that I'm on board, I have my first question.

I installed a script plugin for PlayOn for justinTV, and I am wondering how I would write the plug-in for Sage to get those feeds. As I have posted here before, I would also love to try to get the feeds for channelsurfing.net, some of which are "borrowed" from justinTV anyway. Anyone succeeded in getting justinTV working through Sage, and, if so, could it translate into a channelsurfing.net feed?

I guess I should ask first, is it possible to get the "script" feeds from PlayOn and not just the "plugin" feeds?
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsonnabend View Post
First, I'm seeing green bars on the top of Hulu streams. Any way to fix that.
Need more info, are you playing back on a client/mvp/hd200/hd100?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsonnabend View Post
Second (and more importantly), my Hulu streams are still cutting off before the end (and fast forward doesn't work, if that's related). Any ideas on how to debug this?
There are actually two potential things here...

a) The video will play to the end of the entire time bar (the entire green bar) and stops, but that's not actually the end of the video.
This actually shouldn't be happening anymore since i'm intentionally over-estimating the time for hulu videos. If it is, let me know the specific videos its happening on and I can investigate.
b) The video stops in the middle of the time bar.
This usually means for some reason the video stopped downloading in the middle. I see this every once and a while, but it never happens consistently. First thing to try is to play the video again and see if it stops in the same place, and if so, let me know the exact video so I can test it.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Hey, try downloading this build and running the same test (delete my feeds, run the .exe, and post the log).
EP, here is my log from that newer file you posted.
Attached Files
File Type: zip UPnP2Podcast log.zip (1.1 KB, 204 views)
Old 10-23-2009, 10:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Ahh, I see the issue, what directory is UPnP2Podcast.exe in? It looks like you've got it in ...\SageTV\STVs\UPnP2Podcast.exe, when it should just in SageTV\
Old 10-23-2009, 10:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

That was it. I must have had left it in there from a previous release and kept assuming that was were it was supposed to be. Nice catch...thanks again!

Feeds are updating now.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:58 PM
Sage Expert

Wow... that's all I can say. This customization works great. Watched a few shows over the last two days and it just works! Many Thanks EvilPenguin!
Old 10-24-2009, 11:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

Playback problem

Hi EP,

Could you please help with the playback problem I am experiencing on both SageTV client and HD100:

When I select any of Hulu online videos, it starts downloading/buffering but then at the time when the video is sipposed to start playing one of the three scenarios are happenng:

1) normal playback (vary rare)
2) sounds starts playing but video does not start (sometimes). To resolve need to cancel and reselect video
3) video starts and gets immediately paused (most of the time). I can resume normal playback by pressing "play"

Do you know which setting may be responsible for this behavior.

Regards,
Michael.
Old 10-24-2009, 12:49 PM
Sage Icon

I'm trying the 10-21 version of the updated program. I get the updated ABC feeds (Flashforward and Brothers & Sisters feeds work), but I don't see any Foodnetwork feed. I do have the Foodnetwork plugin installed on my Playon Player. It shows as enabled and it is version 1.0.5.4.

Any suggestions on why I am not getting the Foodnetwork Feed in Sage?
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all

Last edited by sic0048; 10-24-2009 at 12:52 PM.
Old 10-24-2009, 12:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kha View Post
Do you know which setting may be responsible for this behavior.
Well, I've never seen #2 (Was it on the client or the HD100), but #3 is due to Sage issues with mpeg2 podcasts that'll they'll fix eventually.
Old 10-24-2009, 12:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

I have had #2 on my HD100 quite a few times, seems the video is playing in the background, just the menu and loading video doesnt go down.
Old 10-24-2009, 12:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sic0048 View Post
Any suggestions on why I am not getting the Foodnetwork Feed in Sage?
Can you post the UPnP2Podcast.log file for me to look at?
Old 10-24-2009, 02:24 PM
Sage Icon

Here it is (Changed extention to .txt to get it to load properly).
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)

Last edited by sic0048; 10-30-2009 at 09:48 AM.
Old 10-24-2009, 02:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Looks like you've got the foodnetwork feeds, can you check your STVs\SageTV3\OnlineVideos folder to be sure they're there and have content in them?

If the files are there then i'm not really sure why it wouldn't be showing up? Have you made any modifications to my files on your own that could be getting in the way? You could try deleting all my custom feed files and then double clicking UPnP2Podcast.exe to recreate them with all with fresh versions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FoodNetwork.jpg (61.7 KB, 217 views)
Old 10-24-2009, 02:56 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Need more info, are you playing back on a client/mvp/hd200/hd100?
Client PC, running SageMC (if that matters).

Quote:
There are actually two potential things here...

a) The video will play to the end of the entire time bar (the entire green bar) and stops, but that's not actually the end of the video.
This actually shouldn't be happening anymore since i'm intentionally over-estimating the time for hulu videos. If it is, let me know the specific videos its happening on and I can investigate.
b) The video stops in the middle of the time bar.
This usually means for some reason the video stopped downloading in the middle. I see this every once and a while, but it never happens consistently. First thing to try is to play the video again and see if it stops in the same place, and if so, let me know the exact video so I can test it.
It was getting to the end of the time bar and stopping but the show still had a few minutes left. The last time I watched, the time bar was all screwed up, but the video played all the way to the end. I'll watch this a bit more and post if the problem reappears.

Thanks, EP, for the help on this.

- Jeff
Old 10-24-2009, 03:18 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Looks like you've got the foodnetwork feeds, can you check your STVs\SageTV3\OnlineVideos folder to be sure they're there and have content in them?

If the files are there then i'm not really sure why it wouldn't be showing up? Have you made any modifications to my files on your own that could be getting in the way? You could try deleting all my custom feed files and then double clicking UPnP2Podcast.exe to recreate them with all with fresh versions.
Well I am getting the feeds now. There were there after I finished watching a show. But it was the third show since upgrading the program and they did not appear the previous times I checked. Actually all the feeds are in a different order now (with the additional feed I guess).

But it seems to be working now. I promise that I loaded a couple of feeds and watched a couple of Hulu shows before the FoodNetwork feed showed up. But at least it is going!

Thanks,
OpenDCT
Old 10-24-2009, 03:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sic0048 View Post
I promise that I loaded a couple of feeds and watched a couple of Hulu shows before the FoodNetwork feed showed up. But at least it is going!

Thanks,
No worries, that's how its supposed to work. It only checks for updates ~50% of the time you run it. I did that way so people aren't hammering the webserver, I'm also working on adding a button in the UI for manually updating the feed for impatient people .
Closed Thread

Tags
amazon vod, hulu, internet video streaming, netflix, online content, online services, online videos, playon