SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 07:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuMan321 View Post
I am running this on a WHS operating system. Everything is working fine except the flv files are not always auto deleting from the temp directory and with only 20GB total size of my C drive I found it down to 1.5 GB and ready to crash.
Yeah, I actually noticed the same thing. I'm not sure what's up with it but I was going to file a bug report once I had more data.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuMan321 View Post
My temp file is also filling with these type files ( 1000's) , but they are very small
stv64257.img
stv64256.img
stv64255.img
stv64254.img
stv64253.img
.rsslib4jbug2fix64248.tmp
Yep same here. That's definitely a SageTV thing, but I don't know what its about.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:14 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibsonpa View Post
EP...here are my property files....if you could take a quick peek...that would be great!
I just wrote my own interface for the South Park plugin this weekend. This is the first time that I modified the default SageTV interface, so I know next to nothing.

I tested the part of your file for HGTV and did not have to make a single correction. It worked right away. I attached the files that I used (along with my South Park files). All you have to do is change the extensions to ".properties" for both the HGTV and South Park feeds. Of course you would need the South Park plugin for mine. Edited - You probably want to move your original files out of the Online Videos directory to avoid a conflict.

I would suggest a divide and conquer method (separate the channels to find the cause).

EP, I love this plugin. I don't have cable TV and it has given me access to shows that were unavailable, except at my computer. I heard people talking about wanting a Hulu interface and never understood the need.

Last edited by girbim; 10-19-2009 at 07:33 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by girbim View Post
I just wrote my own interface for the South Park plugin this weekend. This is the first time that I modified the default SageTV interface, so I know next to nothing.
Thanks for the Southpark feed, that'll be the first one I auto-update to people
Old 10-20-2009, 09:06 AM
Sage Aficionado

Anyone else notice duplicate folders when using Upnp inspector to browse playon? One folder shows no videos found, the other will have the real shows in it. Figured I would ask before submitting an ticket to Playon.

Not sure when it started to do this, but wasnt there originally.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:23 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippster View Post
Anyone else notice duplicate folders when using Upnp inspector to browse playon? One folder shows no videos found, the other will have the real shows in it. Figured I would ask before submitting an ticket to Playon.
Working fine for me. No duplicate folders showing with UPnP Inspector (PlayOn version: 2.59.3577.52).

Last edited by simonen; 10-20-2009 at 09:27 AM.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:36 AM
Sage User

It appears that shows with an ampersand in the title are not populating correctly. Example "Brothers & Sisters" on Hulu's CBS feed.

JP
Old 10-20-2009, 11:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Not sure when it started to do this, but wasnt there originally.
Do you have an example we can check?
Old 10-20-2009, 11:45 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Do you have an example we can check?
Playon/Hulu/Channels/Action and Adventure/TV Episodes, everything listed under there for example I have double, one folder has a subfolder that says "error finding videos" and the other duplicate folder has the videos in it as it should.
Just upgraded my playon again recently and not sure if thats when it started. 2.59.3577 is the version I currently have.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:23 PM
Sage Expert

First, this is awesome. Top of the list for me.

But, I am a bit confused about Playon Plugins. If I add them into PlayOn, what do I need to do on the Sage side to get them to work?
Old 10-21-2009, 10:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by samgreco View Post
First, this is awesome. Top of the list for me.

But, I am a bit confused about Playon Plugins. If I add them into PlayOn, what do I need to do on the Sage side to get them to work?
I think you need to make the property files.. look about 4 posts before your with the HGTV and Southpark TXT file attachements. I believe you need to create these for the PlayOn Plugin. I have not done it myself yet, but need to purchase PlayOn as I do like the Hulu Interface. next step for me might be netflix
Client 2: HD100 on 50" Panasonic Plasma (16x9)
Client 3: HD100 on 32" Toshiba Tube (4x3)
Old 10-21-2009, 06:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Hey, I've got another test version for people (same as before, just replace the .exe).

Chagelist:
  • I had to rewrite the auto-update stuff so that it could check to see what plug-ins you have before downloading those feeds. Right now I've just got Southpark (which is currently broken) and FoodNetwork. But in the future I plan on taking the feeds people give me and distributing them like this.
  • Put in a workaround specifically for a weird case were a few Netflix movies are showing up in individual folders rather than in the main list.

Can I get a few people to download/install this update then i'll try out a some feed updates/additions over the next few days.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:56 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Playon/Hulu/Channels/Action and Adventure/TV Episodes, everything listed under there for example I have double, one folder has a subfolder that says "error finding videos" and the other duplicate folder has the videos in it as it should.
Just upgraded my playon again recently and not sure if thats when it started. 2.59.3577 is the version I currently have.
Not sure if no reply means nobody else was seeing this issue or not but turned out to be in the HULU / CHANNELS directory, each subfolder ( show )of each channel in that directory was duplicated, Playon replied to my ticket and I figured I would keep the community posted.

Quote:
Dear PlayOn Customer,

Thank you for your reply.

We have identified this issue as a bug and have brought it to the attention of our developers; we expect that it will be resolved in the next release.

Our apologies for any inconvenience in the interim.

Regards,

MediaMall Support
Old 10-21-2009, 08:02 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Hey, I've got another test version for people (same as before, just replace the .exe).

Chagelist:
  • I had to rewrite the auto-update stuff so that it could check to see what plug-ins you have before downloading those feeds. Right now I've just got Southpark (which is currently broken) and FoodNetwork. But in the future I plan on taking the feeds people give me and distributing them like this.
  • Put in a workaround specifically for a weird case were a few Netflix movies are showing up in individual folders rather than in the main list.

Can I get a few people to download/install this update then i'll try out a some feed updates/additions over the next few days.
I've got the updated file in place and the South Park plugin installed in Playon. Let me know when you have the feed up and I'll run the exe and see if it works. This plugin is awesome by the way!
Old 10-21-2009, 08:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

I just updated my UPnP2Podcast file as well. Should we manually run this executable at regular intervals?

Edit: OK, I just fired off the EXE and it appears as though something happened. It generated a log file, but I don't see that anything was updated. What should I be looking for?

Last edited by petereader; 10-21-2009 at 08:22 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

Well, let me throw my hat into the ring. I wrote the Revision 3 plugin properties files and included thumbnails found scattered throughout the interwebs. EP, you're welcome to add it to the next update.
Attached Files
File Type: txt CustomOnlineVideoLinks_UPnP2Podcast_R3.txt (2.0 KB, 243 views)
File Type: txt CustomOnlineVideoUIText_UPnP2Podcast_R3.txt (2.4 KB, 243 views)
Old 10-21-2009, 09:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by petereader View Post
I just updated my UPnP2Podcast file as well. Should we manually run this executable at regular intervals?

Edit: OK, I just fired off the EXE and it appears as though something happened. It generated a log file, but I don't see that anything was updated. What should I be looking for?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma22xx View Post
I've got the updated file in place and the South Park plugin installed in Playon. Let me know when you have the feed up and I'll run the exe and see if it works. This plugin is awesome by the way!
No worries, there's nothing to see yet because there aren't any feed-updates yet. I'll push out the new Southpark feed and a Hulu feed fix tomorrow to test it out.

Also, no need to manually run the exe, the tool will try and auto-update itself every time you view a PlayOn feed.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
No worries, there's nothing to see yet because there aren't any feed-updates yet. I'll push out the new Southpark feed and a Hulu feed fix tomorrow to test it out.

Also, no need to manually run the exe, the tool will try and auto-update itself every time you view a PlayOn feed.
Great! I'll be looking for them and report back when I see them.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:36 PM
Sage User

Here's my properties files for the Spike TV plugin. Free to use if you like, however the 4 listed shows are getting 'No videos were found'. Even though I can see the episodes through UPnP Inspector.

The Ultimate Fighter
The Ultimate SPIKE Girl Finale
Jesse James is a Dead Man
Fast Machines with Funk Master Flex

All the other shows work fine, so not sure what I'm missing. Same format for each feed.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Why PlayOn Plugins?

Sorry for a dumb question but I haven't found a clear answer. What is the purpose of a PlayOn plugin? It seems that they are used to give PlayOn access to "other" video feeds.

What can PlayOn play without any plugins (besides Hulu, Netflix and Amazon) and why are plugins needed for some feeds but not others? I've browsed around on the PlayOn forums but can't really see a clear answer.

My main reason for asking is that I am developing an STVi for online videos and I want tot make sure PlayOn plugins work properly with it.

Thanks,

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:45 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
What is the purpose of a PlayOn plugin?
that's a good question. Certainly it'll play CBS/NBC/ABC shows via the core functionality.

I wonder if the plugins allow for content where there is not a business arrangement between playon and the content owner?

that is to say, I don't know if there is a technological reason South Park isn't included in the core, it may just be that MediaMall/PlayOn hasn't officially signed it up as official content.

Last edited by matt91; 10-22-2009 at 06:47 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
amazon vod, hulu, internet video streaming, netflix, online content, online services, online videos, playon