SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 01:07 PM
Sage User

Client not seeing content

I have everything working well on my SageTV server and my HD100. But I cannot see the online content on my client machine. Do I need to download and install the plug-in on the client also?
Old 10-17-2009, 01:52 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihooper View Post
I have everything working well on my SageTV server and my HD100. But I cannot see the online content on my client machine. Do I need to download and install the plug-in on the client also?
Yes, install it on the client machine and be sure the Default STV on the client machine is updated as well.

Server Hardware: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R, Intel Q9550 CPU 2.83GHz, 11GB RAM, 1xHDHR, 1xHVR1600, 1xHVR2250
29TB Server Storage: 1TB SSD (OS), 1TB (data), 2x6TB+2x10TB (22TB FlexRaid storage pool), 2x2TB (recordings), 1x750GB (VMs).
Server Software: Win10 Pro x64 OS, SageTV 64bit v9.2.0.441, Java 1.8 u241, PlayOn, Comskip (Donator) v0.82.003, WampServer v2.5.
Clients: 3xHD300s, 2xHD100, 2xPlaceshifters
Old 10-17-2009, 02:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgillies View Post
It looks like the temp file contains 'fake' entries, rather than the correct IP and URL to the content:
You'll get that if the tool can't find any videos. That either means that there aren't any videos are availabe, or in your case, probably that the tool can't talk to PlayON. Install UPnPInspector (see the bottom of the first post) on the same machine as you installed the plug-in and see if you're able to see the PlayOn server. You may be having some firewall issues that's blocking communications to PlayON on that machine.
Old 10-17-2009, 02:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt91 View Post
Anyone see this Netflix error before (it's from my HD200)? It appears after I browse to a movie to watch, and after the movie downloads enough to where it should be starting to play.
The fact that you can play netflix though IE on the same machine makes that error really odd. I'd just ask PlayON support, i'm sure they've seen everything.
Old 10-17-2009, 02:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimandmaryfield View Post
I have added the foxnews plugin to playon. How do i get this to show up in sagetv online services?
You'll need to manually generate a feed file for it. I'd recommend using UPnPInspector from the first post and the example custom feeds from here to get you going.
Old 10-17-2009, 03:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have been using this EP mod for a few weeks now...and it is great.

Also, I added some of the "unofficial" playonplugins (like FOODTV, HGTV, MTV, etc). They had been working fine...but now when I go to those menu items...it shows "no video's found".

Based on my debugging....it all boils down to the UPnP2 exe is not finding the "path" that I am seeing in the UPnP Inspector.

When running:

"G:\UPnP2Podcast.exe external,UPnP2Podcast,Playon:HGTV:Curb Appeal:+2" manually from the command line...the XML is not finding any shows. This all worked a few days ago....not sure what happened.

Attached is the UPnP tree...

Any thoughts anyone?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (29.7 KB, 255 views)
Old 10-17-2009, 04:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibsonpa View Post
Any thoughts anyone?
I updated the format for the feed files to be compatible with the the updated default STV. First of all, make sure you're completely updated your default STV, then take a look at my new feed files and to see what's changed.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:51 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibsonpa View Post
Also, I added some of the "unofficial" playonplugins (like FOODTV, HGTV, MTV, etc). They had been working fine...but now when I go to those menu items...it shows "no video's found".
You can also try and update playon. I had a similar issue where it only sometimes found the HGTV videos. After updating playon to the most recent version everything is working fine again.

Thomas
Old 10-18-2009, 06:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Hey all, I've got a new test version for people to try out if you're interested. All you need to do is overwrite your existing UPnP2Podcast.exe with this new one and you're ready to go.

Its got some pretty big changes so I want to try it out a few days before I do a full release, but from my initial testing it seems to be working just fine.

Chagelist:
  • Auto-updating feeds - Every few times you download a video list the tool will check online for feed updates and, if any are available, download them. You can also manually double click the .exe to force an update as well. FYI, you'll need to exit and re-enter the Online Services menu for the changes to take effect.
  • Most Recent Searches - This one's really handy. Its a new menu item (PlayOn Recent) that keeps track of the last 10 video lists you looked at. Basically if you find yourself going back to the same feeds a lot like I do this will make things easier. Just like above, you need to exit and re-enter the Online Services menu for the menu to update.

Also, there are also some PlayOn updates out there that are safe install.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PlayOnRecent.jpg (99.0 KB, 517 views)

Last edited by evilpenguin; 10-18-2009 at 07:00 PM.
Old 10-18-2009, 06:18 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
The fact that you can play netflix though IE on the same machine makes that error really odd. I'd just ask PlayON support, i'm sure they've seen everything.
Yup, took them about 90 seconds to write back with the solution.

XP 64-bit can't run playon in service mode or you get that error (for netflix). Stopping the Playon service, and then pressing Ctrl + "Start" in the playon control panel will start playon is user mode.

this was the fix for me.

Matt
Old 10-18-2009, 09:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
[*]Most Recent Searches - This one's really handy. Its a new menu item (PlayOn Recent) that keeps track of the last 10 video lists you looked at. Basically if you find yourself going back to the same feeds a lot like I do this will make things easier. Just like above, you need to exit and re-enter the Online Services menu for the menu to update.[/LIST]
Also, there are also some PlayOn updates out there that are safe install.
I copied over the new file but I didn't see a new menu item. Is it a subcategory of another? I shut down and reentered Sage but no dice.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:41 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeclad View Post
I copied over the new file but I didn't see a new menu item. Is it a subcategory of another? I shut down and reentered Sage but no dice.
You have to go into a video list view to trigger UPnP2Podcast.exe which should then create the new menu item. In the Online Services menu, select a PlayOn category/subcategory to bring up a video list, exit out of the Online Services menu, and then go back in to the Online Services menu and you should see the new PlayOn Recent category.

Server Hardware: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R, Intel Q9550 CPU 2.83GHz, 11GB RAM, 1xHDHR, 1xHVR1600, 1xHVR2250
29TB Server Storage: 1TB SSD (OS), 1TB (data), 2x6TB+2x10TB (22TB FlexRaid storage pool), 2x2TB (recordings), 1x750GB (VMs).
Server Software: Win10 Pro x64 OS, SageTV 64bit v9.2.0.441, Java 1.8 u241, PlayOn, Comskip (Donator) v0.82.003, WampServer v2.5.
Clients: 3xHD300s, 2xHD100, 2xPlaceshifters
Old 10-18-2009, 09:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt91 View Post
Yup, took them about 90 seconds to write back with the solution.

XP 64-bit can't run playon in service mode or you get that error (for netflix). Stopping the Playon service, and then pressing Ctrl + "Start" in the playon control panel will start playon is user mode.

this was the fix for me.

Matt
Run the .exe manually to force it to update the feeds. It should download a new set of files (CustomOnlineVideoXXXXXX_UPnP2Podcast_aRecent.properties). Once you have those it should be in the top level of the online service menu.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by robogeek View Post
You have to go into a video list view to trigger UPnP2Podcast.exe which should then create the new menu item. In the Online Services menu, select a PlayOn category/subcategory to bring up a video list, exit out of the Online Services menu, and then go back in to the Online Services menu and you should see the new PlayOn Recent category.
Thanks, this did the trick.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I updated the format for the feed files to be compatible with the the updated default STV. First of all, make sure you're completely updated your default STV, then take a look at my new feed files and to see what's changed.
I took a look at the new files...but it looks like my format is the "new" way....does this look like the right format? If so, any ideas why this does not find any videos even when running from the command line?

G:\UPnP2Podcast.exe external,UPnP2Podcast,Playon:HGTV:^Curb Appeal$:+2

According to the UPnP2 Browser, videos exist here...but the above command line does not find.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Just go ahead and post your properties file and I'll take a look.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:28 PM
Sage User

Regarding an Athlon 64 X2 3800+ cpu in the server...

Quote:
You may be able to get away with Hulu, but not Netflix. The only way to know for sure is to give the demo a try.
Interesting question, I was just testing the PlayOn plugin using Playon running on an Athlon X2 4850E system (separate from my ancient P4-based SageTV server), and it seemed to do just fine with netflix content. Based on this, I was hoping to "trickle down" the 4850E system to run both SageTV and PlayOn. I'd hope this should work, on the basis that with video displayed on an HD200, SageTV itself doesn't need to do very much.

Anyway, the 4850E can't be much faster than the 3800+ discussed earlier, so it seems possible that might be able handle netflix.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtallan View Post
Regarding an Athlon 64 X2 3800+ cpu in the server...

Interesting question, I was just testing the PlayOn plugin using Playon running on an Athlon X2 4850E system (separate from my ancient P4-based SageTV server), and it seemed to do just fine with netflix content. Based on this, I was hoping to "trickle down" the 4850E system to run both SageTV and PlayOn. I'd hope this should work, on the basis that with video displayed on an HD200, SageTV itself doesn't need to do very much.

Anyway, the 4850E can't be much faster than the 3800+ discussed earlier, so it seems possible that might be able handle netflix.
So far it works well with HULU.. about 30-50% CPU I need to do the updates to playon still and buy the license.. I am still running on the trial.. the kids seem to love it for the older shows, My other thought is to run playon on my Quad Core Vista machine, since the quad core is just the family PC.
Client 2: HD100 on 50" Panasonic Plasma (16x9)
Client 3: HD100 on 32" Toshiba Tube (4x3)
Old 10-19-2009, 06:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Just go ahead and post your properties file and I'll take a look.
EP...here are my property files....if you could take a quick peek...that would be great!
Attached Files
File Type: txt CustomOnlineVideoLinks.txt (5.5 KB, 288 views)
File Type: txt CustomOnlineVideoUIText.txt (5.0 KB, 227 views)
Old 10-19-2009, 06:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

EP

I am running this on a WHS operating system. Everything is working fine except the flv files are not always auto deleting from the temp directory and with only 20GB total size of my C drive I found it down to 1.5 GB and ready to crash.
I posted on playon forum and they said it should not do this so I was wondering if it could be something with Sage.
Any thoughts?

My temp file is also filling with these type files ( 1000's) , but they are very small
stv64257.img
stv64256.img
stv64255.img
stv64254.img
stv64253.img
.rsslib4jbug2fix64248.tmp

Last edited by HuMan321; 10-19-2009 at 06:39 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
amazon vod, hulu, internet video streaming, netflix, online content, online services, online videos, playon