SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 02:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Is there a reason why you're not using the STVI that is available now? You don't have to run upnp2podcast.exe at all. It's all done in the STVI. You just go into Online Videos and watch.

Gerry

Unfortunately when I go to online services and select any category I get information "video list is downloading" and then "no videos were found". To debug the issue I tried to use UPnP2Podcast.exe - however it does not work for me either.

Regards,
Michael
Old 10-09-2009, 02:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kha View Post
Unfortunately when I go to online services and select any category I get information "video list is downloading" and then "no videos were found". To debug the issue I tried to use UPnP2Podcast.exe - however it does not work for me either.

Regards,
Michael
Did you go through the debuging steps in the 2nd post?
Old 10-09-2009, 03:13 PM
Sage User

When you are off-site (ie. not connected to the same network as the SageTV server), is it correct to assume that Placeshifter will not be able to play Playon content?

JP
Old 10-09-2009, 03:32 PM
SageTVaholic

It actually should still work, the content will be downloaded to your Server and then it'll be transcoded on the fly and placeshifted just like any other video. But , honestly, what's the point? If you're on a PC, why not just go to Hulu
Old 10-09-2009, 03:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

Nope, it works fine. I am using it right now to do just that.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Originally Posted by kha
Hi

I am having a problem when running UPnP2Podcast.exe in Sage directory. When I try to start UPnP2Podcast.exe without any arguments from command line I get the following error:

"strict.pm did not return a true value at C:/Perl/lib/Carp/Heavy.pm line 300. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:/Perl/lib/Carp/Heavy.pm line 300. Compilation failed at require at -e line 347."

I am running Windows XP SP2.

Do you know what may be causing this problem?

Reagrds,
Michael.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Did you go through the debuging steps in the 2nd post?
Yes. As far as I understand, UPnP2Podcast.exe is required for further debugging and this is exactly what my initial queation is about (please see above).

Regards,
Michael.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Try re-downloading the tool. A few people have seen this but I suspect its caused by incomplete or bad downloads.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Try re-downloading the tool. A few people have seen this but I suspect its caused by incomplete or bad downloads.
Hi,

To be sure, is this a recommendation regarding the problem with UPnP2Podcast.exe file? If so, I redownloaded the zip file and reextracted the exe file - it's size is 3424KB. Still there are errors pointing to Perl compilation.

Regards,
Michael.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchase56 View Post
@HuMan321,

I'm having the exact same issues that you are and I'm running Sage on a Windows Vista 32-bit system. Playing back an HD podcast (Diggnation) works just fine. Short trailer videos from Hulu work as well. I can see the .flv file being created, but it's size doesn't change at all. I tried setting my TEMP and TMP environment variables to a different location thinking that it might be a permissions issue, but that didn't help.

@gplasky,

I've also verified that mplayer/use_for_online_content was set to true.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm going to try the upnp2podcast.exe to see if that works.

Ken

I have finally fixed my issue and this works the way it is for most people. I am sharing this for the few that may make the same mistake as me now or in the future.
Running WHS I have always been worried about the small C drive. I found a symlink download from the Playon FAQ that was very easy to use and pointed it to a shared drive in my pool. I knew the symlink was working because I could see the online video file get created and start to grow in size before it errored out. I asked for help to remove the symlink to troubleshoot that portion of it and finally got an answer. I removed this link and now the file is generated on my C drive and works perfectly on even flv files.
Old 10-10-2009, 12:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

I do not get any audio with the playon streams, I use optical out and have no problem with Sage or any other software sending audio to my receiver.

All videos are displayed with a black border all around. Switching the aspect from source to fill gets rid of the vertical bars but the horizontal are still there cutting off the video.

Thanks for any help

Client 1: HD300; Panasonic TC-P65S64;
Client 2: HD300; Samsung 46" LCD;
Client 3: HD300; 60" LCD;
Old 10-10-2009, 01:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromuman View Post
I do not get any audio with the playon streams, I use optical out and have no problem with Sage or any other software sending audio to my receiver.

All videos are displayed with a black border all around. Switching the aspect from source to fill gets rid of the vertical bars but the horizontal are still there cutting off the video.

Thanks for any help
The audio from the hulu streams is relatively low in my case so I have to crank up my receiver by 6dB (also via an optical connection). Did you set up your aspect ratio settings correctly. By default it will give you the behavior you described as there bars on the top and bottom are part of the video stream. To get Sage to fill completely you will have to tell to stretch vertically by something like 132% to get rid of those.

Thomas
Old 10-10-2009, 02:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

EP - Thank You!!!!!
This is AMAZING!
Worked beautifully right from the start!
Get the 3 to 4 minute early cutoff on TV shows - but that has already been mentioned.
Thanks so much for developing this - install couldn't have been easier (I use default STV - no MC).
Old 10-10-2009, 05:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

Sage Update

For those of us who are using SageMC and have overwrote the stock xml with EP's plug-in, is there anything special needing to be done to take the new Sage update?
Old 10-10-2009, 05:24 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuMan321 View Post
For those of us who are using SageMC and have overwrote the stock xml with EP's plug-in, is there anything special needing to be done to take the new Sage update?
download the newest STV via the sage update menu. This will overwrite the SageTV3.xml file (ie, the one you modified earlier).

You basically just need to reimport the stvi into SageTV3.xml, and then rename the newly created file back to SageTV3.xml.

from the first post:
  1. Follow the instructions above and get the plug-in working in the default STV
  2. Figure out what the name of the modified default STV you're using is (check the Detailed Setup->Help->System Information->Current STV File).
  3. On the server, make a backup copy of SageTV3.xml!
  4. Also on the server, copy that modified STV file, and overwrite SageTV3.xml with it.
  5. Load up SageMC again, and then Online Services will work.
  6. If you ever update your default STV, you'll need to redo this step.
Old 10-10-2009, 05:58 PM
Sage Icon

EP, can you take a look at my tempFeed.xml to see if there are anything wrong with it? For some strange reason, I'm getting an empty list for all the feeds on my HD100, yet works on the HD200.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

I rarely used Online Services in the past with SageMC but with this new import I am of course using it a lot more. I'm not sure if YouTube videos was working prior to the import or after. When trying to play youtube or googlevideos I get an error "unable to determine the video file to download". I have the most current beta update for my hd200 as well. Is anyone having the same issue?
HD200: 46" LCD & HD200:26" LCD
Old 10-10-2009, 10:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

Same here with the YouTube error - doesn't seem to be related to this import... There is another post in the forum about it, not related to this.....
Old 10-11-2009, 04:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Some hulu items are playing back with the wrong aspect ratio. Anybody know how to fix that?

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:17 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt91 View Post
download the newest STV via the sage update menu. This will overwrite the SageTV3.xml file (ie, the one you modified earlier).

You basically just need to reimport the stvi into SageTV3.xml, and then rename the newly created file back to SageTV3.xml.

from the first post:
  1. Follow the instructions above and get the plug-in working in the default STV
  2. Figure out what the name of the modified default STV you're using is (check the Detailed Setup->Help->System Information->Current STV File).
  3. On the server, make a backup copy of SageTV3.xml!
  4. Also on the server, copy that modified STV file, and overwrite SageTV3.xml with it.
  5. Load up SageMC again, and then Online Services will work.
  6. If you ever update your default STV, you'll need to redo this step.
Thanks for the refresher Matt!. I had so many issues getting mine working that I forgot the basics.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kha View Post
Originally Posted by kha
Hi

I am having a problem when running UPnP2Podcast.exe in Sage directory. When I try to start UPnP2Podcast.exe without any arguments from command line I get the following error:

"strict.pm did not return a true value at C:/Perl/lib/Carp/Heavy.pm line 300. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:/Perl/lib/Carp/Heavy.pm line 300. Compilation failed at require at -e line 347."

I am running Windows XP SP2.

Do you know what may be causing this problem?

Reagrds,
Michael.

Yes. As far as I understand, UPnP2Podcast.exe is required for further debugging and this is exactly what my initial question is about (please see above).

Regards,
Michael.
I found that the version of UPnP2Podcast.exe in the distribution works on my other machine running Vista. However, on SageTV HTPC running Windows XP I get the error message

Is it a compillation problem with UPnP2Podcast.exe? Are there additional component/library requirements that my OS may be missing?

Regards,
Michael.
Closed Thread

Tags
amazon vod, hulu, internet video streaming, netflix, online content, online services, online videos, playon