SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 09-26-2009, 12:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Wischgol View Post
Why don't you just add the rss feeds from revision3 to your custom videos in Sage? This would be a lot easier and probably give you better picture quality at the same time.

Thomas
I had not thought of that, but it makes perfect sense. Thanks for the info
Old 09-27-2009, 06:59 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvymetal View Post
Since Djmount is Linux I would bet money that Sage used it for the stand alone HD200 interface.
DJmount is not a panacea. That's why I'm so interested in getting the UPnP.pl from this thread to work.

From some information I found a while ago on the HD200, I'm certain djmount is how the HD200 deals with UPnP in stand-alone mode. As I mentioned above, since I use linux, I tried to use djmount to directly access playon from my HD100. I started browseing media files on the linux server, and browsed into the djmount. But there were several problems

1) listing the videos took 20-60 seconds per directory. Especially the TV Episodes/D directory (was attempting to watch the Daily Show). Eg,
it can take upwards of 2-3 minutes to browse down to a video you're interested in.
2) When I finally managed to get down the the video I wanted to watch, it took forever (10-30 seconds) to start, and then exited after playing only a few seconds of video.

Eg, it was completely unusable and intolerably slow. I don't know if it was djmount, my playon server, or the HD100. I do know that my wii (on a crappy TV in the rec room) worked much better using playon web server interface, and was pretty usable.

Drew
Old 09-27-2009, 07:30 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Here's a zip file containing my modified Net::UPnP .pm files. You should just be able to overwrite your version with these. Then, hopefully, the script will start working.

If you get that working can you do me a favor and use PAR to compile the whole thing into an executable that I can distribute to Linux people?
It worked!

FWIW, I *hate* overwriting package maintained files, so what I did was to run it, and then to create the par was:

Code:
% unzip NET-UPnP.zip
% mkdir -p Net/UPnP
% cd Net/UPnP/
% sh -c 'ln -s ../../AV .'
% cd ../..
% perl -I. ./UPnP2Podcast.pl 'PlayOn:Hulu:TV Episodes:W:Warehouse 13:+2
% pp -o UPnP2Podcast --lib=. ./UPnP2Podcast.pl
I can't attach the resulting binary, since it exceeds the forum's limits. I'll PM you a URL. Note that this is a 64-bit binary (x86_64) with shared lib dependencies for Ubuntu Hardy (8.04). So I think that giving the source is probably a better general solution for Linux people.

Thanks again for this.. I now need to integrate this into a web server, and see how well it works in practice. I'm still worried my CPU is slightly too slow to do the playon in realtime, so I might have to combine this with some pod-catching software. That will still be a lot better than what I'm doing now with djmount..

Thanks!

Drew
Old 09-27-2009, 08:31 AM
Sage Aficionado

This is a good idea. One thing I noticed is that it takes about 10 seconds for the upnp2podcast app to write the xml file or 7 seconds to simply display in the command window.

Given that I have a fairly quick PC, how do you think this delay will affect sage when you select a feed for those with slower computer? Does sage timeout after a certain period of time?
Old 09-27-2009, 05:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonen View Post
This is a good idea. One thing I noticed is that it takes about 10 seconds for the upnp2podcast app to write the xml file or 7 seconds to simply display in the command window.

Given that I have a fairly quick PC, how do you think this delay will affect sage when you select a feed for those with slower computer? Does sage timeout after a certain period of time?
I run UPnP2Podcast on an older machine with a 600MHz Via Eden CPU. The playon server uses an Athlon 64 3000+ CPU. So both are rather on the low end (and my web server usually sleeps so there is additional time it takes for it to wake up). However, I never had any issues with it timing out. I just timed it and it took 45 seconds with no timeout.

Thomas