SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 09-24-2009, 11:37 AM
Sage Aficionado

I posted my HuLu/Netflix rss feed generator here: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44382

It is not for Jetty (unless it supports PHP), but maybe you guys can make something useful of it for your application.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonen View Post
I posted my HuLu/Netflix rss feed generator here: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44382

It is not for Jetty (unless it supports PHP), but maybe you guys can make something useful of it for your application.
Yeah, I saw that, nice work

But check out my updated script, UPnP2Podcast.exe. It pulls out extra metadata and automatically outputs in RSS format. The usage is a little different though,

Usage:
All available episodes of "The Daily Show"
Code:
UPnP2Podcast.exe "PlayOn:Hulu:TV Episodes:D:Daily Show:+2"
Netflix Queue Top 50
Code:
UPnP2Podcast.exe "PlayOn:Netflix:Instant:Top 50:+2"
Season 1 of "Lost"
Code:
UPnP2Podcast.exe "PlayOn:Hulu:TV Episodes:L:^Lost$:+2:s1"
Season 2 of "Star Trek: TOS"
Code:
UPnP2Podcast.exe "PlayOn:CBS:All TV:Star Trek:Full:+2:s02"
Take note that you need to specify PlayOn at the beginning and I added an optional extra item at the end for filtering the results.

Last edited by evilpenguin; 09-24-2009 at 11:55 AM.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

Looks great so far. Thanks for putting all this work into this. I copied your program UPnP2Podcast.exe into the cgi-bin directory of an appache http server I have running in my house. It seems to be able to run it just fine. Without any parameters, I get the usage information in my web browser. However, when I add the parameters to get the listings of a show (after I managed to get the syntax right for that) I get an internal error message from my server. In the log file it says the following:
[Thu Sep 24 14:53:47 2009] [error] [client 130.108.29.98] malformed header from
script. Bad header=<!--: /var/www/cgi-bin/UpnP2Podcast.cgi

So it does not seem very happy with it starting with the comments in the very beginning where you put the debugging info. Would it be possible to either leave that out or start with the header first followed by the debug output comment and than the remainder?

Thanks,
Thomas
Old 09-24-2009, 01:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Done. Try downloading the .exe again, I just moved the comments under the header.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Done. Try downloading the .exe again, I just moved the comments under the header.
Wow, that was fast I tried it but it still does not seem to be happy with it as I am now getting this in my log file:
[Thu Sep 24 15:55:46 2009] [error] [client 130.108.29.98] Premature end of script headers: /var/www/cgi-bin/UpnP2Podcast.cgi

I did write a quick awk script (the server runs under cygwin in Windows) to simply remove the comment from the output of your program and that seems to work fine. I can see the rss file in my browser now. I am currently in the office so I cannot test it within Sage. But I will once I get home.

Thanks,
Thomas
Old 09-24-2009, 03:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

EP, in case you didn't see the other post. I thought is was the leading and trailing zeros for the time in the itunes.duration is the problem, but it turns out just to be the millisecond (.0) that is screwing up the duration.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

Just a quick update: I integrated the rss feeds into Sage and that seems to work just fine. I can see the episodes and the descriptions. However, it does not play the video. Instead I get the error message "The requested video was not found on the server" When I try to download that same link with my web browser I do get an error 404; so Sage is right that the file is not there. I just do not know why it is not.

Thomas
Old 09-24-2009, 05:02 PM
SageTVaholic

So once I've run the little UPnP2Podcast.exe program and get what looks to be good output - what do you do with it? How do you get it into SageTV's online video?
Old 09-24-2009, 05:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
So once I've run the little UPnP2Podcast.exe program and get what looks to be good output - what do you do with it? How do you get it into SageTV's online video?
I installed it as a cgi script on a web server. I did not get it to work with nielms webserver so I use it on a apache. Then you can simply add a URL pointing to that cgi script on the web server to your online videos in Sage as usual. Since it produces an rss feed Sage can interpret it. This works quite nice since it even includes episode descriptions, Evilpenguin did a very nice job. However, it cannot find the actual video file that is listed in the feed in my case. So far, I have not figured out what I am doing wrong.

Thomas
Old 09-24-2009, 06:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have added the custom online feeds to my Sage menus...and have the UPnP2 working.

However, am not sure how to "call" the UPnP2 from my custom sage property file via HTTP....I think I need to convert the EXE to CGI...maybe..and/or url syntax issues?

Any pointers or quick tips? Hoping I am close.

Here is what I have in CustomOnlineVideo.properties:

xFeedPodcastCustom/NetflixQueue=xPodcastNetflix;http://localhost:8085/sage/UPnP2Podcast.exe "PlayOn:Netflix:Instant:Top 50:+2"
Old 09-24-2009, 06:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Use this for now. Follow the instructions and install the xampplite website. It's easy and the instructions are written for it.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:01 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Wischgol View Post
Just a quick update: I integrated the rss feeds into Sage and that seems to work just fine. I can see the episodes and the descriptions. However, it does not play the video. Instead I get the error message "The requested video was not found on the server" When I try to download that same link with my web browser I do get an error 404; so Sage is right that the file is not there. I just do not know why it is not.

Thomas
You're not alone. This is as far as I've gotten also. The RSS feeds look good, I added them as custom feeds in SageTV Online Services, and I can see the videos listed that are in my Hulu and NetFlix queues. But I get "Error: The requested video was not found on the server" when selecting it in SageTV, and the RSS feed http link results in 404 error in web browser. I do have the firewall disabled for testing on the server where SageTV and PlayOn are installed. I'm guessing it's some problem with PlayOn or maybe some ports on the router need to be manually opened up? I'm just not sure what it is yet.

Server Hardware: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R, Intel Q9550 CPU 2.83GHz, 11GB RAM, 1xHDHR, 1xHVR1600, 1xHVR2250
29TB Server Storage: 1TB SSD (OS), 1TB (data), 2x6TB+2x10TB (22TB FlexRaid storage pool), 2x2TB (recordings), 1x750GB (VMs).
Server Software: Win10 Pro x64 OS, SageTV 64bit v9.2.0.441, Java 1.8 u241, PlayOn, Comskip (Donator) v0.82.003, WampServer v2.5.
Clients: 3xHD300s, 2xHD100, 2xPlaceshifters
Old 09-24-2009, 07:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by robogeek View Post
You're not alone. This is as far as I've gotten also. The RSS feeds look good, I added them as custom feeds in SageTV Online Services, and I can see the videos listed that are in my Hulu and NetFlix queues. But I get "Error: The requested video was not found on the server" when selecting it in SageTV, and the RSS feed http link results in 404 error in web browser. I do have the firewall disabled for testing on the server where SageTV and PlayOn are installed. I'm guessing it's some problem with PlayOn or maybe some ports on the router need to be manually opened up? I'm just not sure what it is yet.
That seems to be exactly what I am getting. I do not think it is a firewall or port issue. If I use my web browser I do get a response where it identifies itself as MediaMallServer. So the request is getting to the right place; playon is just not giving me the video because it thinks it is not there. Is there a difference between different versions of playon? I am using version 2.59.3540.42.

Thomas
Old 09-24-2009, 08:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibsonpa View Post
I have added the custom online feeds to my Sage menus...and have the UPnP2 working.

However, am not sure how to "call" the UPnP2 from my custom sage property file via HTTP....I think I need to convert the EXE to CGI...maybe..and/or url syntax issues?

Any pointers or quick tips? Hoping I am close.

Here is what I have in CustomOnlineVideo.properties:

xFeedPodcastCustom/NetflixQueue=xPodcastNetflix;http://localhost:8085/sage/UPnP2Podcast.exe "PlayOn:Netflix:Instant:Top 50:+2"
You do not need to convert the exe. I just renamed it. Cgi scripts are simply binaries executed on the web server and the output is then sent to your browser and displayed there (or in Sage's case interpreted as RSS feed). So you simply need a web browser that can handle cgi scripts and put the UPnP2Podcast.exe into the directory where your cgi scripts usually are (typically $WEBROOT/cgi-bin or something similar). I use an apache web server where it works if I eliminate the comments in the beginning of its output.

Thomas
Old 09-24-2009, 08:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Wischgol View Post
That seems to be exactly what I am getting. I do not think it is a firewall or port issue. If I use my web browser I do get a response where it identifies itself as MediaMallServer. So the request is getting to the right place; playon is just not giving me the video because it thinks it is not there. Is there a difference between different versions of playon? I am using version 2.59.3540.42.

Thomas
Make sure you've got the latest version of PlayON installed, its what I wrote the script around so I can't guarantee any backwards compatibility. It's also important to note that *I don't actually have anything working yet* so I can't confirm or deny anyone else's success with my tools
Old 09-24-2009, 08:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Wait, are you guys seeing localhost in your feeds instead of the actual IP?

Last edited by evilpenguin; 09-24-2009 at 08:26 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

I updated to the latest version of playon (did not realize I was a few releases behind). I was able to get to an mpeg file briefly once. But since then I get the same errors about the file not being found on the server
Old 09-24-2009, 08:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Wait, are you guys seeing localhost in your feeds instead of the actual IP?
No, it has the local address in it (in my case 192.168.99.6). I do get a response from the playon web server, so it seems to be able to connect.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

It seems to work now I updated to the newest UPnP2Podcast.exe. I also had some error message on my playon server about a flash script hanging. Maybe that's what was keeping it from giving me the videos. I am watching my first hulu video in Sage

Thanks again for all your hard work!

Thomas
Old 09-24-2009, 09:58 PM
Sage Expert

I think I almost got it now. I was one version behind on the PlayOn software. I installed it less than 2 weeks ago and there was an update that I hadn't installed. I shutdown the PlayOn software/MediaMallServer service and installed the updated PlayOn software. The only other thing I did was disable the Revision3 plugin in PlayOn. Just to be sure PlayOn was running the correct configuration, I shutdown all of the PlayOn software/services, restarted PlayOn and the MediaMallServer service, and then regenerated the xml feeds. After doing this, I can now play my NetFlix Instant Queue...with some audio/video sync issues (on my MediaMVP client), but that's for another topic.

The only other problem I have now is the Hulu user queue from PlayOn doesn't seem to work after updating PlayOn to the latest version. After upgrading PlayOn, this is what I get from upnp2podcast.exe:

Code:
C:\Playonsage>upnp2podcast "PlayOn:Hulu:User Queue:+2"
<!--
Debug Log:
Device: ()
Device: WNDR3300 (Gateway)(urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:InternetGatewayDevice:1)
Device: ()
Device: PlayOn (dvr-server)(urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:MediaServer:1)
 * Found PlayOn
Device: WNDR3300(urn:schemas-wifialliance-org:device:WFADevice:1)
Device: Linksys WRT54GS(urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:InternetGatewayDevice:1)
  + Looking For: Hulu
    - Found: Hulu (Hulu)(hulu)
  + Looking For: User Queue
    - Found: User Queue (User Queue)(hulu-0a238a00-cc4f-4b93-a832-46760fc9bd5b)
  + We're Free! (2)()
         + hulu-0a238a00-cc4f-4b93-a832-46760fc9bd5b = User Queue
                 + hulu-f3be0489-fd87-4f93-9e3e-b77c4e59acb0 = Sort By Date
                 + hulu-98d4f85f-ee11-4592-a827-a54d4d4bc62f = Sort By Name
                 + hulu-8ee23e43-cbb4-4a07-b5e9-d93b669193d5 = Sort By Play Orde
r
-->

<rss version="2.0" xmlns:itunes="http://www.itunes.com/dtds/podcast-1.0.dtd"
  xmlns:content="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/">
  <channel>
    <title>User Queue</title>
    <description>User Queue</description>
    <language>en-us</language>
    <itunes:summary>User Queue</itunes:summary>
    <itunes:subtitle>User Queue</itunes:subtitle>
  </channel>
</rss>

Server Hardware: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R, Intel Q9550 CPU 2.83GHz, 11GB RAM, 1xHDHR, 1xHVR1600, 1xHVR2250
29TB Server Storage: 1TB SSD (OS), 1TB (data), 2x6TB+2x10TB (22TB FlexRaid storage pool), 2x2TB (recordings), 1x750GB (VMs).
Server Software: Win10 Pro x64 OS, SageTV 64bit v9.2.0.441, Java 1.8 u241, PlayOn, Comskip (Donator) v0.82.003, WampServer v2.5.
Clients: 3xHD300s, 2xHD100, 2xPlaceshifters