SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 03-31-2004, 12:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by dkardatzke
Good idea, this will be done for the V2 release. You'll be able to add back the 2-pane view with a properties file setting.

Hooray! Thanks!

We can understand that it doesn't fully work as intended, but it is usable once you know how to navigate the 2 panes, using rewind to get out of the right pane lock.

Now... if you could just add some kind of sorting option for the other views... yeah, yeah, we're never fully satisfied.

- Andy
Old 03-31-2004, 12:36 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally posted by dkardatzke
Good idea, this will be done for the V2 release. You'll be able to add back the 2-pane view with a properties file setting.
Damn! Now that's responsive! Squeak and here comes the grease.

Bring it on BTV! Sage will come whiffling through the tulgey wood,
after your ass!

Snickersnack!
Old 03-31-2004, 12:54 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
Why not drop pvr-350 support too? There are still bugs in that depending on chipset despite the ALL bugs are fixed retoric we are hearing. Oh..thats right, that would effect sales as this is a major selling point...just hope they put the tested chipsets somewhere new buyers can see it or tough luck.

I hope you're writing scathing posts on your chipset maker, and Hauppauge's sites also, cause, that's where your problem is. The only release I have had a problem with recently is .14. .13 and .15 have worked great with the 350 output. Oh.. that's right, I did my homework, and researched what chipsets worked well with the Hauppauge cards before I picked a motherboard to put them in. ;-P
Old 03-31-2004, 01:15 PM
Sage Icon

mikejaner, stop gulping frey's lemonaid.....err coolaid......I mean koolaid!!!!

Thanks to Dan for putting this feature back!!!!
Old 03-31-2004, 02:02 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
LOL
Old 03-31-2004, 04:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Old 03-31-2004, 06:52 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally posted by falchulk
heh heh I think thats Koolaid. And what kind of saying is that anyway???

Anyway, I was tired after working 24hrs straight. Your posts just started to get on my nerves. I normally would no have posted something like that.
Falchulk,

Opus4 has it right ... Jones cult. And you are right ... it is Koolaid. I was super frustrated with Sage at that point. My comments were innappropriate in reference to your request for me to cool off. I appologize. I won't stop complaining...but I'll only say it once now

I always get great help on this forum and don't want to affect that trend.

Also, I have been sipping away on the same Koolaid...three tuners...server, client, network encoder...millions of hours! For the love of God I want this to work! Who would have known watching TV would be so much work! Hopefully all our testing will help Frey whip ass on BTV.

Mikejaner,
I have been betaing 2.0 from the beginning...I didn't know about the chipset issues (no one did) when I started out or I would have chosen differently. I have new stuff on order...but it sucks to have to buy new hardware. Hopefully by being able to publicly trial 2.0 before buying (after going gold) others won't have this problem.

From a buisiness standpoint though, I hope this is fixed somewhere ... bad for Frey if people can't use Intel i865 or i875 chipsets.

And Dan...thank you for the quick fix to this problem!

Deadbolt

Last edited by Deadbolt; 03-31-2004 at 07:03 PM.
Old 04-01-2004, 12:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

Perhaps the 2 pane view should be the default and the properties file will disable it? It seems that most people easily prefer the 2 pane view.

On another note, you guys are doing a great job. If other programs pass Sage's functionality at this point (which doesn't seem likely), I'll still stick with Sage because of the customer support - top notch! Keep up the great work, guys!

Matt
Old 04-01-2004, 02:20 PM
Sage Icon

mbrown3, it has bugs. It would not make sense to make a buggy option the default. It would give people over in the BTV camp ammunition. "See you cant even go back to the left after selecting a show!!". Not to mention all the complaints that would fill the support threads.
Old 04-01-2004, 10:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

I didn't realize this was being talked about for the beta version - I was thinking final release - just didn't make sense. I get it now...
Old 04-02-2004, 08:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally posted by mikejaner
[B] Oh.. that's right, I did my homework, and researched what chipsets worked well with the Hauppauge cards before I picked a motherboard to put them in. ;-P
Hey Mike!

What did your research say about the 440BX, 810 and the 815 Intel chipsets? I might be able to resurect something closer to a 1gig CPU if I can use an 810 or 815.
PVR-350
PVR-150
ATI Radeon 9100
512MB DDR RAM
2 x 80GB HDD
MediaMVP