SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 10-19-2009, 07:37 AM
Sage User

Problems tuning

What settings do I need to in the sage.properties files to get SageTV to scan the QAM channels properly. I currently have the QAM_FRQ_CACHE.ENABLE file in the sagetv folder but when I scan no channels are showing up. Attached is the native.log from the scan.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Native.zip (204.8 KB, 218 views)
Old 10-19-2009, 11:36 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstandke View Post
What settings do I need to in the sage.properties files to get SageTV to scan the QAM channels properly. I currently have the QAM_FRQ_CACHE.ENABLE file in the sagetv folder but when I scan no channels are showing up. Attached is the native.log from the scan.
The scan got channels. create a file NATIVE_LOG.ENABLE in SageTV directory, rescan channel and post native.log.

Qian
Old 10-19-2009, 11:40 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMTBerserker View Post
I was redirected to this thread because I'm trying to solve an audio drift problem. I have no clue what this "native patch" does; I'm just installing it because someone mentioned it solved their audio drift problem, and I'm doing anything I can at this point.

I tried installing update 9 and got an error when I ran TSSplitter3.0_install.bat:

LoadLibrary("TSSplitter2.0.ax") failed - This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
You run it as an administrator on Vista or Win 7.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:45 PM
Sage User

Here is the new native.log after a full scan.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Native.log.txt (301.4 KB, 214 views)
Old 10-19-2009, 08:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Here is the new native.log after a full scan.
Try an update 3.0.0.35
http://download.sage.tv/users/qian/TSSplitter3.0.ax

Qian
Old 10-19-2009, 08:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-t172 View Post
I have a problem.

I was using SageTV with update 7 with no problems. Then all of a sudden, I lost sound on all channels. I can have sound again if I go into the "Audio language" menu and select another language, then select the first language again (I get sound with all languages). Problems are:

- I need to do that each time I tune into a channel. If I don't, no sound.
- Some channels don't have an "Audio language" menu (probably because there is only one). Therefore, on these channels I don't get any sound and that's all, no workaround.

I get the problem on HD (E-AC3) and SD (AC3) channels. I use ffdshow as audio decoder. ffdshow audio decoder is successfully loaded even when I don't have sound.

Update 9 doesn't seem to solve anything.

Native log (update 9) is attached. In this log I tune into a channel and do nothing for approx. 1 minute (consequently I have no sound during this minute). Then I switch audio languages to have audio.
The stream has two audio tracks, 5 channels EAC3 (actually 2 channels have audio data ) and 2 channel EAC3 (original audio); both have sound. I think your audio codec can't handle the first one (5 channel EAC). ffdshow audio codec can play back both.

Qian
Old 10-19-2009, 09:02 PM
Sage User

Still no channels found

Qian,

Even with the new update no new channels found. I will attach the new native log and I will also attach my sage.properties files for you to look over to make sure I am not missing a setting.

Thanks,
Nick
Attached Files
File Type: txt Native.log.txt (356.6 KB, 186 views)
File Type: txt Sage.properties.txt (57.8 KB, 206 views)
Old 10-19-2009, 11:40 PM
Sage User

Sorry, should have posted that it was on XP, logged in as administrator.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:53 PM
Sage User

Updated to STV 2009101301 and still erroring out when running TSSplitter3.0_install.bat. Is anyone else having this problem?
Old 10-21-2009, 01:28 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Qian,

Even with the new update no new channels found. I will attach the new native log and I will also attach my sage.properties files for you to look over to make sure I am not missing a setting.

Thanks,
Nick
Try an update 3.0.0.36, a bug was fixed.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:32 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMTBerserker View Post
I was redirected to this thread because I'm trying to solve an audio drift problem. I have no clue what this "native patch" does; I'm just installing it because someone mentioned it solved their audio drift problem, and I'm doing anything I can at this point.

I tried installing update 9 and got an error when I ran TSSplitter3.0_install.bat:

LoadLibrary("TSSplitter2.0.ax") failed - This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
you put SSplitter3.0_install.bat and TSSplitter3.0.ax into SageTV directory (not commonn directory), run bat.

Qian
Old 10-21-2009, 08:54 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey View Post
Try an update 3.0.0.36, a bug was fixed.
This new one works great for me. The previous files did not show any updated channels when I did a QAM scan with my Hauppauge 2250, but this new file showed 20 updated channels... channels I knew were there but now are finally showing up in Sage. Great job.
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 10-21-2009, 06:48 PM
Sage User

The updated version worked for me. When I do a channel scan I get channels now.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:55 PM
Sage User

This update has been very helpful in having SageTv selecting the correct QAM channel.

Thanks!
Old 10-23-2009, 12:44 AM
Sage Aficionado

mkv playback

Hey Qian. I hadn't tried playing back any .mkv files with the betas you're posting. Tonight I did and didn't have very good luck. The first couple seconds play then the video freezes. It doesn't lock up Sage though as I'm able to stop the video without issue and get back to the UI. Which log would be helpful. I've attached the normal playback log. Let me know if you want one of the others.

P.S. - This was regardless of the decoder used. Tried Micosoft, PDVD8, and TMT.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetvclient_0.txt (154.7 KB, 170 views)
Currently using SageTV Media Center Server on Windows 7, SageTV Client as an HTPC on Windows 7, and an HD Theater HD200. The server controls 3 Motorola DCH-3200 cable boxes and 3 Hauppauge HD-PVRs (all Rev F1) with HD audio and changes channels via firewire WITH NO LOCKUPS. It's awesome.
4 Steps to Perfect Stutter Free Playback for SageTV
Quick Guide: How to Bitstream Audio in Windows 7

Last edited by GollyJer; 10-23-2009 at 02:22 PM. Reason: add P.S.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi Qian,

Since you are making modifications to the demux, is there any chance you could try to get it working better with the Mainconcept v8.2 H.264 decoder and/or the Media Player Classic Homecinema H.264 DXVA2 decoder?

I use SageTV to watch H.264 streams from an R5000 modded Dish Vip211. I have the best luck with the Arcsoft decoder from TMT, but it still has occasional problems. Cyberlink works pretty well, but gets stuck in what I call a "smearing" state sometimes.

I've tried all other H.264 codecs in existence, and the rest of them either don't handle the deinterlacing correctly, or do but are very choppy.

The Mainconcept v8.2 H.264 works pretty well with these streams in both DXVA2 mode and software mode, but it won't work in DXVA2 mode when connected to the Sage demux. It DOES work in DXVA2 mode when connected to the mainconcept demux or the media player classic demux. In software mode the cpu usage is very high on my AMD 5600+, too high actually, and causes stutters.

The Media Player Classic Homecinema DXVA2 decoder is all blocky and green when connected to the sage demux.

You can get the Mainconcept decoder with MainConcept ShowCase.

I have a sample clip posted here.

I also submitted this request through the official support request channels a while ago. I'll send you that exchange in a PM.

Thanks,
Sean
Old 10-23-2009, 08:39 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by redondo_se View Post
Hi Qian,

The Media Player Classic Homecinema DXVA2 decoder is all blocky and green when connected to the sage demux.
That's a bug in the MPC-HC decoder. It only works properly when using the AVC1 mediatype, connecting via the H264 produces that effect. The only way Qian could fix it would be to present AVC1.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post
That's a bug in the MPC-HC decoder. It only works properly when using the AVC1 mediatype, connecting via the H264 produces that effect. The only way Qian could fix it would be to present AVC1.
Wow! Really?

I realize it would be a hack, but Qian, could you maybe make a special build with that change hard coded, or maybe a registry setting to specify whether to present it as H264 or AVC1?
Old 10-23-2009, 08:53 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by redondo_se View Post
Wow! Really?

I realize it would be a hack, but Qian, could you maybe make a special build with that change hard coded, or maybe a registry setting to specify whether to present it as H264 or AVC1?
That wouldn't be necessary, the filter would just need to add it as a supported type when negotiating the connection.

To work with the stock MPC-HC filter the demuxer would have to prefer AVC1 (i.e. try it first); but I made a modified build of the MPC-HC filter that disables its ability to accept H264.

Adding AVC1 support wouldn't be hard, it's just a different way to present the same data; but I suspect that Qian has more work than time.
Old 10-24-2009, 01:11 PM
Sage User

Hauppauge 2250, no ClearQAM channels

It looks like from some recent posts that I should be able to get my Hauppauge 2250 to find ClearQAM channels. My Hauppauge 1600 finds them, and the WinTV 7 craplet finds them for the 2250, but even with the most recent updates here, I still can't get them with the 2250. Attached are my logs. Are there some settings I need to try?
Attached Files
File Type: zip logs-BrianK.zip (81.3 KB, 174 views)