SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-08-2007, 07:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for the help, Andy. Attached is the updated file:

-Corrected file path
-GO button correctly mapped for V6/new Hauppauge remote
-MENU button correctly mapped for V6/new Hauppauge remote

Jason
Attached Files
File Type: txt Irremote.ini.txt (25.4 KB, 1274 views)
Old 01-29-2007, 02:10 PM

Another easy way to extend the irremote.ini functionality is through the application offered here:

http://www.del337ed.com/remoteconfigure

It's pretty easy to use and will soon offer support for sharing application schema. That means someone somewhere else can configure it for SageTV on their machine and you can come along later and download their schema to use directly or even just as a starting point.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:24 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by omatase
Another easy way to extend the irremote.ini functionality is through the application offered here:

http://www.del337ed.com/remoteconfigure

It's pretty easy to use and will soon offer support for sharing application schema. That means someone somewhere else can configure it for SageTV on their machine and you can come along later and download their schema to use directly or even just as a starting point.

Do you have any other links for this program? It doesnt seem to work anymore.

For now, I will mess around with the .ini file until my projector shows up today(crossing fingers). woot!!!
Old 03-02-2007, 03:16 AM
Sage Advanced User

Controlling DVD playback in Sage with the remote.

Do you have to do something special in the irremote.ini file in order to control DVD playback in Sage? It seems like once I go into DVD mode, the buttons no longer do anything.

Thanks.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:03 AM
Administrator

Is SageTV playing the DVDs, or is some other program playing them? What STV are you using?

I think someone else mentioned something like this recently, but I don't remember the details.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
Is SageTV playing the DVDs, or is some other program playing them? What STV are you using?

I think someone else mentioned something like this recently, but I don't remember the details.

- Andy
Hi Andy, thanks for the response. I did a search before posting but couldn't find anything related other than using the remote to control a 3rd party DVD player program.

Sage is actually playing the DVD. Sage Version is 5.0.4.92 The STV I'm using is: SageTV3.xml Ver 5.0.3.11

Thanks!
Old 03-02-2007, 04:45 PM
Administrator

What buttons don't do anything? When you go to Detailed Setup -> Commands -> Show commands linked te IR/keystroke, what does it show when you use those buttons? I'm not really sure why any commands wouldn't work while playing a DVD, though.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
What buttons don't do anything? When you go to Detailed Setup -> Commands -> Show commands linked te IR/keystroke, what does it show when you use those buttons? I'm not really sure why any commands wouldn't work while playing a DVD, though.

- Andy
The Show commands linked to IR/keystroke does not display anything when I press a button on the remote. Which is actually kind of weird. I put a DVD in the drive to see what buttons were not working but they seemed to be working again.

I now know that my DVD drive from Plextor is defective and that could be the reason the remote didn't seem like it was working before. After I replace the drive I'll test out Sage with playing a DVD and see if there is still an issue. I'm guessing that there won't be.

Thanks again for the help Andy.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:13 PM

Hello Andy,

I have the silver 45 button remote that has the green windows logo button in the center. I have tried your method of using debug.txt and was able to see all of the buttons (added up to code128) except for the green windows button and the back button. The more button "i" is code122. How do I use the green and back buttons?

Thanks
Old 04-25-2007, 11:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pz0 View Post
I have the silver 45 button remote that has the green windows logo button in the center. I have tried your method of using debug.txt and was able to see all of the buttons (added up to code128) except for the green windows button and the back button. The more button "i" is code122. How do I use the green and back buttons?
That sounds like an MCE remote from a Hauppauge MCE tuner kit. It will act as an MCE remote, using the MS services that handle input from those special buttons, but the Hauppauge IR software is capable of decoding its IR signals.

You can either:
  • Stop using it as an MCE remote & only use the Hauppauge IR software. In this case, check the remote info sticky topic at the top of this forum for links that might help getting rid of the MCE remote services. You could probably reconfigure every button this way.
    or
  • Stop using the Hauppauge IR software. In this case, just configure SageTV to use the "MCE Remote" in Detailed Setup -> Commands -> Remote Control Config. You can reconfigure certain buttons this way.
I suppose there is probably a 3rd option to use some completely different remote software instead.

- Andy
Old 12-20-2007, 06:36 AM
Sage User

Hello,

I'm having trouble setting up the irremote.ini provided by yacht_boy:
Everything is working fine but the Videos and Picture buttons.

VIDEOS={findwnd(SageApp,SageWin)}{SendMsg(1258,0,86)}
PICTURES={findwnd(SageApp,SageWin)}{SendMsg(1258,0,87)}

Those 2 lines don't seems to do anything !

Did any changes occurred on the remote module of SageTV V6.2 with the Hauppauge 45 buttons version?

Regards,

Cortechs
. - XP Pro SP3 - DX 9.0c - JRE 1.6 - SageTV 7.1.2.249
. - Cyberlink Video & Audio Decoder (PowerDVD 7)
Plugins: MyTheatre DVB Network Encoder Plugin - XMLTV Import Tool from StephaneM - Comskip Playback
STV: Dynamic Menu Import 6.2
Clients: 4 MVP wired on GigaEthernet network
Old 12-20-2007, 04:40 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cortechs View Post
I'm having trouble setting up the irremote.ini provided by yacht_boy:
Everything is working fine but the Videos and Picture buttons.

VIDEOS={findwnd(SageApp,SageWin)}{SendMsg(1258,0,86)}
PICTURES={findwnd(SageApp,SageWin)}{SendMsg(1258,0,87)}

Those 2 lines don't seems to do anything !
Are you using a custom STV? I tried those lines in my irremote.ini & they worked. If you are using SageTV Client, you'll need to change the findwnd() targets, but if that were the case, the other buttons shouldn't work either.

- Andy
Old 12-20-2007, 05:29 PM
Sage User

Hello,

I'm using the dynamic_menu_import_6_2 on my extenders.

Regards,

Cortechs.
Plugins: MyTheatre DVB Network Encoder Plugin - XMLTV Import Tool from StephaneM - Comskip Playback
Old 12-20-2007, 06:15 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cortechs View Post
I'm using the dynamic_menu_import_6_2 on my extenders.
Then it probably depends on how that plugin reacts to those commands; check its topic in the customizations forum.

You could first see what happens when not using any customizations to confirm that it works for you that way.

- Andy
Old 12-21-2007, 04:57 PM
Sage User

I'll try that next WE and keep you posted.

Regards,

Cortechs.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to Ted@TNT
I decided to set up a new Sage Client. I added a PVR-350 I had laying around just so I could use the remote (either a 34 or 45 button - I have both). I have been fighting with this for a week now!

- and now I have a terrible headache.

I've tried many different irremote.ini files. First, in SageTV, I select either hauppauge 34 or 45. Then I shutdown SageTV.

Next, I right-click and exit remote.exe from the taskbar.

Next, I copy the lastest irremote.ini file that I want to try to C:\Windows

Next, I edit the line C:\Prog~1\Frey~1\SageTV\SageTV.exe to read C:\Prog~1\SageTV\SageTV\SageTVClient.exe

The remote will launch the radio flawlessly. It also controls system volume fine. Occasionally, with certain ini files, it would launch SageTV with the green power button. I can never navigate, select, use number keys, change channels, or use the quick jump buttons for Pictures, Music, etc.

I've got to be doing something wrong - any ideas?

This is the first time I've ever tried to use the Hauppauge remote - I've always used a harmony in the past.
W7 64-bit, SageTV V7, Phoenix2 Asus P5W DH-Deluxe Motherboard, Core 2 Quad, 12 GB DDR2, 250 GB OS, 2 TB Recordings, 6 TB Movies (holding DVD library), nVidia 285, HD PVR 1212 x2, HDHR x2, Zalmann HD160XT case, Harmony 890pro Remote. Pioneer 50" KURO Plasma, Pioneer Elite 7.1 surround A/V receiver, Energy & Paradigm speakers.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:42 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted@TNT View Post
I decided to set up a new Sage Client. I added a PVR-350 I had laying around just so I could use the remote (either a 34 or 45 button - I have both). I have been fighting with this for a week now!
How old is the IR driver for the 350? Have you tried checking to see if there is an update for it?

Quote:
Next, I right-click and exit remote.exe from the taskbar.
Just to double check, in case you really meant that was the name of the exe: the program is actually ir.exe, unless it was changed recently.

Quote:
Next, I edit the line C:\Prog~1\Frey~1\SageTV\SageTV.exe to read C:\Prog~1\SageTV\SageTV\SageTVClient.exe
Is that the actual path? If you try it at a command prompt, does SageTV start?

Quote:
The remote will launch the radio flawlessly. It also controls system volume fine. Occasionally, with certain ini files, it would launch SageTV with the green power button. I can never navigate, select, use number keys, change channels, or use the quick jump buttons for Pictures, Music, etc.
What ini file are you trying to use? Do they have [SageTV] sections near the end of the file, wih a corresponding entry in the [Applications] section?

If the ini is supposed to work when SageTV doesn't have focus, you'll need to change the target for the messages. If the ini is only meant to work when SageTV has focus, does it have focus?

- Andy
Old 02-13-2008, 04:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
How old is the IR driver for the 350? Have you tried checking to see if there is an update for it?- Andy
I tried the one from your post at the beginning of your thread and the one I downloaded from Hauppauge - in reverse order. Neither made a difference

Quote:
Just to double check, in case you really meant that was the name of the exe: the program is actually ir.exe, unless it was changed recently.- Andy
Sorry, my typo. I did mean ir.exe

Quote:
Is that the actual path? If you try it at a command prompt, does SageTV start?- Andy
Yes, this path launches the client -
C:\Progra~1\SageTV\SageTV\SageTVClient.exe

Quote:
What ini file are you trying to use? Do they have [SageTV] sections near the end of the file, wih a corresponding entry in the [Applications] section? - Andy
I've tried the ones from post 3, as well as a couple of others all with a SageTV section. Each one requires me to edit the path to change it from the old Frey directory and also change it to SageTVClient.exe. The current ini that I'm using is the 34 button one from the beginning of the thread (I think - I've tried several) and has a SageTV secion that begins like this:

[SageTV]
1={numpad1}
2={numpad2}
3={numpad3}
4={numpad4}
5={numpad5}
6={numpad6}
7={numpad7}
8={numpad8}
9={numpad9}
0={numpad0}
GRNPOWER={ctrl}z{mode(Default)}
GO={ctrl}x
BACK={ctrl}v
MENU={home}
RED={ctrl}j
GREEN={ctrl}k

And, near the bottom of the Applications section, it says "SageTV=" which is, I think, what you are referring to.

Quote:
If the ini is supposed to work when SageTV doesn't have focus, you'll need to change the target for the messages. If the ini is only meant to work when SageTV has focus, does it have focus?

- Andy
I only care that SageTV works, and that it works when it has focus. I can sometimes launch it with the remote, and I can operate other things (will launch the radio.exe and change the system volume), but although the arrow keys on the keyboard successfully navigate SageTV, when I try the arrrow buttons on the remote, I get nothing.
W7 64-bit, SageTV V7, Phoenix2 Asus P5W DH-Deluxe Motherboard, Core 2 Quad, 12 GB DDR2, 250 GB OS, 2 TB Recordings, 6 TB Movies (holding DVD library), nVidia 285, HD PVR 1212 x2, HDHR x2, Zalmann HD160XT case, Harmony 890pro Remote. Pioneer 50" KURO Plasma, Pioneer Elite 7.1 surround A/V receiver, Energy & Paradigm speakers.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted@TNT View Post
I only care that SageTV works, and that it works when it has focus. I can sometimes launch it with the remote, and I can operate other things (will launch the radio.exe and change the system volume), but although the arrow keys on the keyboard successfully navigate SageTV, when I try the arrrow buttons on the remote, I get nothing.
Try this to see what happens: exit ir.exe, then restart it. Make sure SageTV is running & has focus. Using your keyboard or mouse: go to Detailed Setup -> Commands -> Show SageTV Command linked to keystroke.

Now, use the remote -- arrows, numbers, etc., but not the power button. Does anything appear in SageTV after you press a button on the remote?

- Andy
Old 02-14-2008, 07:06 AM
Sage Advanced User

Andy has mad troubleshooting skillz...

Okay, performed the last test. Much like before, nothing happens. SageTV has no clue that any buttons are being pressed. So, since I know that the remote otherwise works (power, radio, volume and two different remotes that are exactly the same), something is broken between the hauppauge card and the sage ir command function, right? I thought this was only the irremote.ini file.

No configuration of any kind has been made to the SageTVClient install - so I can reinstall if necessary. Same goes with the Hauppauge stuff - only edited the irremote.ini file and I can redo that too.