SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 08-26-2009, 06:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
The second link doesn't work.
fixed
Old 08-26-2009, 07:24 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
You have to hit info from any movie on the wall
Thanks Plucky, I did that and everything looks great but I am having another small problem. After playing a video and I return to SMW, I get just the covers along the bottom with no description or fan art and have to hit the Info button twice to restore the list view properly.

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/j..._AfterPlay.png

Last edited by Opus4; 08-26-2009 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Image is too wide to be inline; changed to link.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:50 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruwackd View Post
Thanks Plucky, I did that and everything looks great but I am having another small problem. After playing a video and I return to SMW, I get just the covers along the bottom with no description or fan art and have to hit the Info button twice to restore the list view properly.
That's a bug in the current version. It's fixed in version 4.

Last edited by Opus4; 08-26-2009 at 08:58 PM. Reason: removed quoted large image
Old 08-27-2009, 02:33 PM
SageTVaholic

guys might want to turn notifcations on for the thread below

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43819

All new updates will be posted there first...Shouldn't be too long before that thread gets some action.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Version 4 is released today if you haven't already please subscribe to

notification thread

cheers and enjoy

Old 08-28-2009, 08:14 AM
Sage User

I can't wait to get home and start trying this out. Just in time for the weekend!
Old 08-28-2009, 11:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

Do the xml filter expressions work with this? And if so, does the categories work? I am on the latest version of SageMC and already using BMT but currently when I enable the filters for my different video menus, no videos will show up in the list by category.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlbearboy View Post
Do the xml filter expressions work with this? And if so, does the categories work? I am on the latest version of SageMC and already using BMT but currently when I enable the filters for my different video menus, no videos will show up in the list by category.
Yes and Yes I do categories with my own java call different then how Sagemc does them so I can't say what you are seeing. But I must say pathfilterexpression do work 100% in my testing as well as categories there is also cstom tagging.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thats GREAT. I can't wait to show the wife!!!!
Old 08-28-2009, 12:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Thats GREAT. I can't wait to show the wife!!!!
I hope you mean SMW

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
Old 08-28-2009, 03:22 PM
Sage Expert

Plucky, Once again nicely done. I like the little bit of space between the movie images on the wall view and the rounded corners. Looks cleaner to me. Also, it is clearly faster. Great job.

My question is about the scaling. I have three HD100's, two are connected to 720p tvs and one is connected to a 1080i tv. Should I run the scaling on all three extenders (i.e. does it keep three scaled images) or should I run it only on one? If only one, I guess the 720p is best since it will be faster on two of the tvs.

Thanks for your great work!
Old 08-28-2009, 04:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Plucky, Once again nicely done. I like the little bit of space between the movie images on the wall view and the rounded corners. Looks cleaner to me. Also, it is clearly faster. Great job.

My question is about the scaling. I have three HD100's, two are connected to 720p tvs and one is connected to a 1080i tv. Should I run the scaling on all three extenders (i.e. does it keep three scaled images) or should I run it only on one? If only one, I guess the 720p is best since it will be faster on two of the tvs.

Thanks for your great work!
Thanks

Only one one it does have to be run on each client but only on one extender.
Old 08-29-2009, 07:12 AM
Sage Advanced User

the categories are there but the filters are not being made. i have pasted from my sagemenu.xml file. is there something i am doing wrong? the filters were good in the plain sagemc but categories were empty.

<internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my videos.png" pinCode="076830" screen="Video Library Folder View" title="My Videos">
<evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExprs", new_java_util_ArrayList())</evalExpression>
<evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "E:\\KId movies")</evalExpression>
<evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "E:\\movies")</evalExpression>
<evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "F:\\HDMovies")</evalExpression>
<evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "F:\\Movies2")</evalExpression>
<evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "F:\\Kid Movies2")</evalExpression>
<evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExcludes", false)</evalExpression>
</internalScreenMenuItem>
<!-- -->
<internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my videos.png" pinCode="076830" screen="Video Library Folder View" title="Torrents">
<evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExprs", new_java_util_ArrayList())</evalExpression>
<evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "F:\\torrents")</evalExpression>
<!-- -->
<internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my videos.png" screen="Video Library Folder View" title="Kid Movies">
<evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "E:\\KId movies")</evalExpression>
<evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "F:\\Kid Movies2")</evalExpression>
<!-- -->
<internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my videos.png" screen="Video Library Folder View" title="MYtv">
<evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "E:\\Recordtv2")</evalExpression>
<evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "F:\\record5")</evalExpression>
<evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "G:\\RecordedTV")</evalExpression>
<evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "H:\\Record2")</evalExpression>
<evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "J:\\Record3")</evalExpression>
<!-- -->
Old 08-29-2009, 07:34 AM
Sage User

I finally got this installed and everything is working great. I did notice one small issue but this might not even be possible to fix.

I've got the option to ignore the, an, and a when sorting my movies however when using the Letter bar it cleary uses those when jumping to movies. Is it possible to have those ignored using the Letter bar as well?
Old 08-29-2009, 07:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
the categories are there but the filters are not being made. i have pasted from my sagemenu.xml file. is there something i am doing wrong? the filters were good in the plain sagemc but categories were empty.

<internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my videos.png" pinCode="076830" screen="Video Library Folder View" title="My Videos">
<evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "E:\\movies")</evalExpression>
<evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "F:\\HDMovies")</evalExpression>
<evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "F:\\Movies2")</evalExpression>
<!-- -->
<internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my videos.png" pinCode="076830" screen="Video Library Folder View" title="Torrents">
<evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "F:\\torrents")</evalExpression>
<!-- -->
<internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my videos.png" screen="Video Library Folder View" title="Kid Movies">
<!-- -->
<internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my videos.png" screen="Video Library Folder View" title="MYtv">
<evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "E:\\Recordtv2")</evalExpression>
<evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "F:\\record5")</evalExpression>
<evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "G:\\RecordedTV")</evalExpression>
<evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "H:\\Record2")</evalExpression>
<evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "J:\\Record3")</evalExpression>
<!-- -->
What menu are you mapped to in your sagemc video library setting?
Old 08-29-2009, 07:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruwackd View Post
I finally got this installed and everything is working great. I did notice one small issue but this might not even be possible to fix.

I've got the option to ignore the, an, and a when sorting my movies however when using the Letter bar it cleary uses those when jumping to movies. Is it possible to have those ignored using the Letter bar as well?
Interesting never realized that I add it as a bug and try to recreate and fix
Old 08-29-2009, 09:26 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Interesting never realized that I add it as a bug and try to recreate and fix
Hmmm...I cannot recreate this. I have a movie "An Extremely Goofy Movie". It does not show up in the "A" section when I use the letter bar but when I go to the letter "E" it correctly shows up.

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
Old 08-29-2009, 10:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
What menu are you mapped to in your sagemc video library setting?
Sage Movie Wall
Old 08-29-2009, 10:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Sage Movie Wall
If that is the case and you are not selecting sage movie wall main by accident is the scaling menu loading?
Old 08-29-2009, 10:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
If that is the case and you are not selecting sage movie wall main by accident is the scaling menu loading?
Not when i open videos but i can navigate to it.