SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 08-18-2009, 09:08 AM
Sage Advanced User

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
You are not on the right track yet my friend there is no way that if you are bringing up the regular view you are getting into smw from there. Did you do the remapping in the sagemc settings for your video library as per dbone's instructions?
i'm sure i have something else wrong but thats what's happening. I select my videos, i get the regular sagemc movie listings, then select one of the movies and i now get the movie wall. But it definitely doesnt look right. I thought i made all the changes based on dbone's instructions but i will review them again tonight.
1 x HD200 - connected to 150FD
1 x Sage TV server
Pioneer VSX92THX receiver
Monitor one 5.1 surround speakers
Sony S550 Blueray
Old 08-18-2009, 11:08 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhewda View Post
i'm sure i have something else wrong but thats what's happening. I select my videos, i get the regular sagemc movie listings, then select one of the movies and i now get the movie wall. But it definitely doesnt look right. I thought i made all the changes based on dbone's instructions but i will review them again tonight.
I have the same issue. However, i didn't have the URL for the guide that was posted earlier today. I'm going to revert to my backup copy and try again following the guide.

Did you install any other "themes"? I have the NBlue theme installed but I'm not sure if that is causing the issue or not.

Dave
Old 08-18-2009, 11:29 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugenbdd View Post
I have the same issue. However, i didn't have the URL for the guide that was posted earlier today. I'm going to revert to my backup copy and try again following the guide.

Did you install any other "themes"? I have the NBlue theme installed but I'm not sure if that is causing the issue or not.

Dave
I run SMW on the NBlue theme, no issues here.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:30 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugenbdd View Post

Dave
As PluckyHD can attest to, I have become a pro at installing/reinstalling SMW!!!

One thing that was a little confusing to me at first since I hadn't really messed around with SageTv all that much was loading SMW onto a blank SageMC xml. If you have never installed SMW in the past this shouldn't matter, assuming you have SageMC set up all you need to do is import the SMW STVi and then point the Custom Video Library Screen to Sage Movie Wall.

If you have loaded SMW in the past you must load onto a blank SageMC xml. So in settings you would go to "Load STV". I am still running SageMC_6_3_9a_46, so you want to locate that specific one and load (ignore the ones that have -1, -2, etc... after them). Once you load this stv, then you would import the SMW stvi. You don't have to reassign Sage Movie Wall to the Custom Video Library screen if it has already been done.

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
Old 08-18-2009, 11:38 AM
SageTVaholic

I think you may be remapping your video info screen and not video library screen (to see smw after seeing default library screen)
Old 08-18-2009, 03:01 PM
Sage Expert

I also struggled initially with installation. I was new to sageMC, SMW and all and was not understanding the install instructions in the first post of this thread. I did not get it all figured out until I carefully followed dbone's instructions (thanks dbone).

It might be helpful to those who adopt SWM in the future to have a link to dbone's instructions included in the first post of this thread. Either in addition to the instruction that are already there or in place of the instructions that are there. Just my 2 cents.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
I also struggled initially with installation. I was new to sageMC, SMW and all and was not understanding the install instructions in the first post of this thread. I did not get it all figured out until I carefully followed dbone's instructions (thanks dbone).

It might be helpful to those who adopt SWM in the future to have a link to dbone's instructions included in the first post of this thread. Either in addition to the instruction that are already there or in place of the instructions that are there. Just my 2 cents.
Just an FYI, I will be putting together some documentation for version 4 of SMW for PluckyHD ( I have much of it done, just need to tie up some loose ends). Glad my writeup for Version 3 has been helpful. Although not difficult per se it can be a little intimating walking through all the steps.

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
Old 08-18-2009, 05:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I think you may be remapping your video info screen and not video library screen (to see smw after seeing default library screen)
ok went back and checked everything again

step 6 dbone's instructions say to load sagemoviewall.xml , i only had sagemoviewallv3r1.xml

I assume this is correct

further in this step

Go to SageMC Setup -> Main -> Screen Specific Options -> Video Library -> Custom Video Library Screen and load Sage Movie Wall.

I have custom program video screen under video library - in here is 103 entries entries 66 - 69 are :

sage movie wall
sage movie wall home page
sage movie wall menu
sage movie wall scalling menu

I chose the first one.

when i select my videos i still get the regular sagemc movie listing. Then when selecting a movie it brings up the movie wall.

I tried to upload some bmp screen captures but they exceed the 750kb limit of the forum.

As an aside i actually tried play one of movies and got some sage exception error and now have a black sage screen. seems pretty messed up.

appreciate the help (and from what i've seen of smw its pretty cool). Just got to get it working properly.

When i get into the movie wall it says 259 movies on the wall. I filtered by dvd's its 54. This is another post but really need to separate out movies from other videos.

And last pt - this machine i am using is a older machine (XP/SP3 running pentium 4 2.40 ghz and 1.5mb of ram. Is it possible this machine cant cut it?
This is a test machine until i can build an WHS / Sage box after i am familiar with all that sage can do.

thanks and appreciate the assistance...
1 x Sage TV server
Sony S550 Blueray
Old 08-18-2009, 06:26 PM
SageTVaholic

I would start blank again from the zip you should have a v3r1.04 xml
Old 08-18-2009, 07:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I would start blank again from the zip you should have a v3r1.04 xml
sorry - typo thats the one i loaded.

I have found one problem however. In dbone's instruction it says

Go to SageMC Setup -> Main -> Screen Specific Options -> Video Library -> Custom Video Library Screen and load Sage Movie Wall.

On the PC (full screen or window) i do not see this option I only see custom program info screen as the top menu. So i went to the large tv and via the hd200 connected to the server, went into this setting and sure enough the top line was Custom Video Library Screen. I went through the listings but there was no sagemoviewall option to load? This was there went i go to Custom Program Info Screen?

why would i not see the video library screen on the PC but only on the TV and why would the sagemoviewall not be under this option when viewed from the TV?
1 x Sage TV server
Sony S550 Blueray
Old 08-18-2009, 08:12 PM
SageTVaholic

I am guessing you didn't import smw on the extender and you are not running the current version of sagemc on your pc as the option you are missing was added in latest versions

You must import smw on extended and of they have their own XML files
Old 08-18-2009, 10:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I am guessing you didn't import smw on the extender and you are not running the current version of sagemc on your pc as the option you are missing was added in latest versions

You must import smw on extended and of they have their own XML files
I seem to have made more progress. You were right i didnt have the latest xml file loaded even though settings says sagemc stv version of 6.3.9.a current stv file of sagemc_169.xml was back leveled. Somehow i missed copying this over to the sage directory. Not sure how i messed that up ! nob.

Now when i select my videos i get to the reflections panel. However it still doesnt look or act right. It brings up 3 movies on the reflections panel but they are the same cover 1 3 5 positions have the same cover image and 2 and 4 are blank.

If i go into movie wall they show up as all the same cover art unless i click on one then that movies cover art comes.

Much farther ahead i think, and thanks again for your help
1 x Sage TV server
Sony S550 Blueray
Old 08-24-2009, 05:39 PM
Sage User

Loving this add in and this alone is what is now making SageTV my front end rather than just my PVR solution! I have one question though, I've played with most of the settings however I can't seem to get the "Wall bottom type info view black" view. What should the wall settings be to achieve this? Thanks in advance.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:48 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruwackd View Post
Loving this add in and this alone is what is now making SageTV my front end rather than just my PVR solution! I have one question though, I've played with most of the settings however I can't seem to get the "Wall bottom type info view black" view. What should the wall settings be to achieve this? Thanks in advance.
Turn off "Overlay" in the wall options and set wall to black.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Peter is correct there is a more detailed post I did of this a couple of pages back.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:15 PM
Sage User

I've set that and I'm still not getting that view. Any ideas? Below is a screenshot of my settings.
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/j...W_Settings.png

Last edited by Opus4; 08-24-2009 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Image is too wide to be inline; changed to link.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruwackd View Post
I've set that and I'm still not getting that view. Any ideas? Below is a screenshot of my settings.
You have to hit info from any movie on the wall
Old 08-25-2009, 01:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Wanted to post this over here for those subscribed to this thread new app I am working on

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...399#post376399

Don't worry I haven't forgotten or stopped on SMW V4 infact it is 98% done
Old 08-25-2009, 06:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Since today has been a good preview day for me I figured why not share what is coming. With version 4 almost wrapped up work on version 5 has begun and will be a complete re-write from the ground up here is an early sneek peak it does not capture the animations greatly but I think you will get the idea

Sneak Peak V5

Here is one a little slower to show the animations a little better I promise they are smoother than this thing captures them

Sneak Peak #2

Last edited by PLUCKYHD; 08-26-2009 at 06:22 AM.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:05 PM
Sage Icon

The second link doesn't work.