SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 07-20-2009, 10:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

movie wall background art

When I'm in the movie wall with the wall view setting selected I can only play a movie by highlighting it and hitting the play button. When I use the select button on the remote the row the currently highlighted movie is in pops to the top of the screen, or if it is already at the top the movie info at the bottom of the screen just cycles up and down. I'm thinking that when the select button is used it should bring up the movie info screen with the background art correct? Or does the movie background art not get used in wall view? does this sound like correct behavior?

Last edited by veger69; 07-20-2009 at 10:36 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by veger69 View Post
When I'm in the movie wall with the wall view setting selected I can only play a movie by highlighting it and hitting the play button. When I use the select button on the remote the row the currently highlighted movie is in pops to the top of the screen, or if it is already at the top the movie info at the bottom of the screen just cycles up and down. I'm thinking that when the select button is used it should bring up the movie info screen with the background art correct? Or does the movie background art not get used in wall view? does this sound like correct behavior?
There are two options you can can your select = function in the universal options of the wall. You can make select = play, SMWInfo, or Info screen.
Or you can change the info type and turn overlay to off and get the bottom filmstrip type view.

Those are your options in the wall view.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Suggestions needed.

Version 4 of SMW is getting closed to finish there is a question I wanted to ask everyone. Version 4 will no longer support folder jpegs or thumbnails only fanart. If you don't have fanart it will pull the default blank covers for SMW. This is do to on reason that all images displayed in version 4 are transformed in one way or another and that is not possible to do with folderjpegs.

So I am thinking of making a view or possible additional stvi for videos without fanart (would mostly be home movies for people things of that nature) but want to know if it is needed and if so any ideas anyone has? My inital thought is to let people use the default sagemc video library for those videos but didn't know if people would rather have an stvi that ties in with SMW better looks wise.

Any ideas?
Old 07-21-2009, 12:33 PM
Sage Icon

I replace the default video library w/ SMW, so I'd have to stop doing that...

It would be nice if things w/o fanart would end up on a different filtered view w/in SMW. On that topic, how hard would it be to add filters for movies and tv in the wall (similar to DVD v. non-DVD)?
Old 07-21-2009, 12:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post
I replace the default video library w/ SMW, so I'd have to stop doing that...

It would be nice if things w/o fanart would end up on a different filtered view w/in SMW. On that topic, how hard would it be to add filters for movies and tv in the wall (similar to DVD v. non-DVD)?
Come on babg your in the beta where were these suggestions earlier j/k

I filtered out view would be doable for all items without fanart the question would then be what would you want it to look like?

Tv is also doable and probably easier than above but I know of an app coming out soon that does tv way better than the wall as that is what it is meant for (not my app)
Old 07-21-2009, 12:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Come on babg your in the beta where were these suggestions earlier j/k

I filtered out view would be doable for all items without fanart the question would then be what would you want it to look like?

Tv is also doable and probably easier than above but I know of an app coming out soon that does tv way better than the wall as that is what it is meant for (not my app)
I just thought of it

Will the other app be for DVD tv series (what I'm talking about)?

The non-fanart view could just show the folder jpg or sage screen cap w/ like the normal video library.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post
I just thought of it

Will the other app be for DVD tv series (what I'm talking about)?

The non-fanart view could just show the folder jpg or sage screen cap w/ like the normal video library.

In native dvd format no..So I will make a tv filter option (You could use tags that are implemented in the beta you have to tag your tv. Then I could add an exclusion to certian tags on the wall?)

But what would the nonfanart look like because the wall doesn't look right with screencaps IMHO?
Old 07-21-2009, 02:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm sorry Plucky, I'm a little confused here. Don't you already have soemthing for videos without fanart: the black dvd covers. Are you talking about updating those? Perhaps label them with the file name (make them bigger so the names fit) or something to that effect. Or am I missing something here?
Old 07-21-2009, 02:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by petereader View Post
I'm sorry Plucky, I'm a little confused here. Don't you already have soemthing for videos without fanart: the black dvd covers. Are you talking about updating those? Perhaps label them with the file name (make them bigger so the names fit) or something to that effect. Or am I missing something here?
No I am talking about making a seperate view someway or another to display all the videos without fanart using the folder.jpegs or thumbnails that exist since version 4 no longer supports those in any view.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ok, that makes sense. So if it's going to integrate with the movie wall will it be something like a grouping or folder that has all of these. Then when you click on it (the folder) maybe something similar to a list view. Something that would work well with a smaller amount of videos, since I'm assuming most videos will have fanart, but expandable in case someone doesn't want to use fanart at all.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:49 PM
SageTVaholic

One thing I might suggest is perhaps a genre/tag based fanart option? If no specific fanart is found, it could then search the fanart paths for genre or tag based art? This might let people create their own art to be used with the vids. Tag all their home vids with some keywords, or use sage's categories... I know Tiki uses category based fanarts if the named is not found in the DefaultSTV FanArt implementation. This might depend on Mike and the gang adding this feature into the Phoenix FanArt implementation (which I've already suggested over there).

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 07-21-2009, 02:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
One thing I might suggest is perhaps a genre/tag based fanart option? If no specific fanart is found, it could then search the fanart paths for genre or tag based art? This might let people create their own art to be used with the vids. Tag all their home vids with some keywords, or use sage's categories... I know Tiki uses category based fanarts if the named is not found in the DefaultSTV FanArt implementation. This might depend on Mike and the gang adding this feature into the Phoenix FanArt implementation (which I've already suggested over there).
That might/ and does work for what Tiki is doing but doesn't work well for indiviual video IMHO it is just better to have a blank cover based on media (dvd,bluray etc). Tiki is doing different things in his addin then me and I don't think "generic" or "tag" based fanart would be any better than blank generics that are used now.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Well, if you are talking about just the Cover Art, then yeah, it doesn't work as well.. in that case though, you'd be better off making a generic 'cover' that would house sage's screen-grab. Would not be any less useful than the stock video library that way.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Well, if you are talking about just the Cover Art, then yeah, it doesn't work as well.. in that case though, you'd be better off making a generic 'cover' that would house sage's screen-grab. Would not be any less useful than the stock video library that way.
Yes we are talking about fanart posters and there are already generic grabbers, We are talking about a custom view for all those videos that have no fanart posters that uses folder.jpegs or thumbnails as some people have large collections of older tv shows or movies that have no fanart available and a bunch of generic covers makes it hard to decifer.
Old 07-21-2009, 04:37 PM
SageTVaholic

well, if you are creating a custom view just for the folder.jpg's.. wouldn't it be better to make a routine that just converted those folder.jpg's into the fanart folder structure? I guess I don't understand the point of a seperate view just for videos that don't have fanart...

Old 07-21-2009, 06:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
well, if you are creating a custom view just for the folder.jpg's.. wouldn't it be better to make a routine that just converted those folder.jpg's into the fanart folder structure? I guess I don't understand the point of a seperate view just for videos that don't have fanart...
That would be great if that was possible there is no current way to get the path for a folder.jpeg or a thumbnail in the sageapi so converting automatically is not possible.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:38 PM
SageTVaholic

folder.jpeg's should be the same path as the media file... thumbnails are generated in the SageTV\GeneratedThumbnails folder, and are named with the full path of the mediafile with illegal characters stripped out. Shouldn't need a seperate api call to get those...

Old 07-21-2009, 06:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
folder.jpeg's should be the same path as the media file... thumbnails are generated in the SageTV\GeneratedThumbnails folder, and are named with the full path of the mediafile with illegal characters stripped out. Shouldn't need a seperate api call to get those...
I am aware of those locations you are talking about adding allot of lines of code throughout my wall because at that point not only are you checking for fanart but then you are checking for folder jpegs and then default. so you are adding roughly 6 lines or so of code per each transformation and view I have (which is allot).

Sometimes I think people don't realize it is not as easy as it sounds especially for someone still learning java more fluently as well as studio.

You have allot of ideas maybe you should be writing stvi's?
Old 07-21-2009, 07:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
There are two options you can can your select = function in the universal options of the wall. You can make select = play, SMWInfo, or Info screen.
Or you can change the info type and turn overlay to off and get the bottom filmstrip type view.

Those are your options in the wall view.
Thanks for the clarification
I found the options but when I bring up the movie info screen the background art does not immediately load. Then after a few sec the backgound comes up but will cycle back to the blue screen after 10 sec like it was a backgound. Is there a setting for this as well?

Last edited by veger69; 07-21-2009 at 07:20 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by veger69 View Post
Thanks for the clarification
I found the options but when I bring up the movie info screen the background art does not immediately load. Then after a few sec the backgound comes up but will cycle back to the blue screen after 10 sec like it was a backgound. Is there a setting for this as well?
what setting do you have select too?