SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 08-06-2009, 04:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Well there's a new beta firmware out so try that. You can also turn on debug logging in Sage to see what is happening.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 08-15-2009, 04:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

this is what I have discovered so far: I do have 2 HD200 connected via a wired network. If I just access live and recorded TV, or videos from the server, the HD2000 can go on for a month without luckups. But when any of the extenders was downloading content from youtube and/or google and it locks (ring of death), both units lock up! Anybody with the same/similar issue?
Old 02-17-2010, 02:46 PM
Sage User

HD200 won't connect

Did anyone ever find a solution to this issue?

Periodically my HD200 seems to go to sleep and can't re-connect with the server. I've power-cycled the HD200 both with the remote and by unplugging it. It will boot up into the standalone mode, but when it tries to connect to the server I get a blank screen and the HD200 becomes completely unresponsive.

I'm running the latest non-beta software on both the extender and server. I've considered updating to Beta, but I've read about the Betas creating more problems than they solve.

Let me know if anyone has found a solution. This happens at least once every 48 hours, and is very annoying!

Thanks!
Old 02-17-2010, 04:44 PM
Sage Icon

I would suggest checking the power setting on your NIC card. The only time my dad's does something like that, is when the server looses power.
Server #1= AMD A10-5800, 8G RAM, F2A85-M PRO, 12TB, HDHomerun Prime, HDHR, Colossus (Playback - HD-200)
Server #2= AMD X2 3800+, 2G RAM, M2NPV-VM, 2TB, 3x HDHR OTA (Playback - HD-200)
Old 02-18-2010, 09:55 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHelm View Post
I would suggest checking the power setting on your NIC card. The only time my dad's does something like that, is when the server looses power.
I'll try that, but this problem is very different than when the server loses power (or reboots). When the server reboots (due to a loss of power or otherwise), the HD200 will promptly reconnect when I press the home key or the power key.

My problem is that the HD200 will absolutely not reconnect with the server, no matter what I do on the extender (including unplugging it for several minutes). The only way to re-establish the connection is to reboot the server. This occurs sporadically, but generally happens at least once every 48 hours. I can verify that there have been no power disruptions, and the server is still fully accessible from other PCs on the network.

On a similar note, I've seen lots of information about the need to check and/or increase the Java heap size. I can't for the life of me find any instructions on where to look to see what my java heap is and how much of it is being consumed.

Thanks.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:38 PM
Sage User

Am assuming that folks are stilling have this issue? I have been running an HD-200 for the last several months and this issue has begun to happen at least daily. HD-200 basically can't find server. Sometimes in hit refresh a couple of times and it finds it, other times in take a hard reset. Nothing conistent or predictable about it that I can find.

My HD-100s seem to be working fine at the same time the HD-200 is having issues connecting. If anyone has successfully resolved this issue would love to hear how. My HD-200 is on the main TV in the Great Room so this is becoming more and more of an issue.

Thanks!
Old 05-26-2010, 06:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagestuff View Post
Am assuming that folks are stilling have this issue? I have been running an HD-200 for the last several months and this issue has begun to happen at least daily. HD-200 basically can't find server. Sometimes in hit refresh a couple of times and it finds it, other times in take a hard reset. Nothing conistent or predictable about it that I can find.

My HD-100s seem to be working fine at the same time the HD-200 is having issues connecting. If anyone has successfully resolved this issue would love to hear how. My HD-200 is on the main TV in the Great Room so this is becoming more and more of an issue.

Thanks!
What firmware are you running? How are yo connecting it to your network?
Sage Server: AMD Athlon II 630, Asrock 785G motherboard, 3GB of RAM, 500GB OS HD in RAID 1 and 2 - 750GB Recording Drives, HDHomerun, Avermedia HD Duet & 2-HDPVRs, and 9.0TB storage in RAID 5 via Dell Perc 5i for DVD storage
Source: Clear QAM and OTA for locals, 2-DishNetwork VIP211's
Clients: 2 Sage HD300's, 2 Sage HD200's, 2 Sage HD100's, 1 MediaMVP, and 1 Placeshifter
Old 05-26-2010, 06:39 PM
Sage User

thanks paulbeers! I am running the last recommended firmware version - 20090903. Have moved away from BETAs to play it "safe". I am running hardwired ethernet to a Gig switch and a Gig NIC in the server. Changed a setting on the server last night to not allow the server to shut down power to the NIC. Server was set to never sleep.

Assuming you will suggest giving the BETA firmware a shot?
Old 06-21-2010, 12:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

Sorry but at some point between the firmware and software updates this did get fixed for me. Problem was that I was always more focused on my HD PVR issues than the HD200 not connecting (because not that frequent) so didn't noticed when this got resolved. I should have been more careful about documenting when this problem was resolved for the benefit of the group but I'll give you what I remember...

- I did get the problem to stop with v6 so although v7 might help, it wasn't the answer for me.
- I used to use a crossover cable to connect but eventually moved to a switch. The switch didn't fix my problem as my previous post explains.
- I went from Comcast to Fios. Fios requires you to use their cable modem so I replaced my Linksys router to a Rosewill N router. I had to set port forwarding on the Fios modem to the Rosewill router and then from the Rosewill to my specific computer
- There was a time when I suspected that my HD PVR troubles were tied to the HD200 not connecting. I think I once rebooted thd HD PVR and then my HD200 seemed to unlock. I'm pretty sure I had a firmware upgrade between when I had this problem with my HD200 and now.

That's all I can remember but figured in the chance that it helps, I'd post it.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagestuff View Post
thanks paulbeers! I am running the last recommended firmware version - 20090903. Have moved away from BETAs to play it "safe". I am running hardwired ethernet to a Gig switch and a Gig NIC in the server. Changed a setting on the server last night to not allow the server to shut down power to the NIC. Server was set to never sleep.

Assuming you will suggest giving the BETA firmware a shot?
Have you tried typing in the IP address directly instead of having the HD200 search for the server?