SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV Canada
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Canada SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from Canada - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in Canada.

Old 04-07-2004, 08:45 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hi Lester,

Any luck with the data file I sent? I"ve tried every possible combination of adding cards and it seems like there is no way to get this to work. As soon as I add an analog lineup at data direct that's all I get for a choice under the plugin, which makes my 2nd pvr-250 useless...

david

Last edited by davey_fl; 04-07-2004 at 08:57 AM.
Old 04-07-2004, 09:05 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally posted by davey_fl
Hi Lester,

Any luck with the data file I sent? I"ve tried every possible combination of adding cards and it seems like there is no way to get this to work. As soon as I add an analog lineup at data direct that's all I get for a choice under the plugin, which makes my 2nd pvr-250 useless...

david
Didn't get a chance to look yesterday. Will look at it tonight.

What lineups are you using at Zap2It? I'll set up my account to mimic yours and test that way as well as looking at the data file you sent me.

Cheers
Lester
English Proverb. Collected in: George Herbert, Jacula Prudentum (1651).
Old 04-07-2004, 10:09 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks Lester.

I'm using:

Shaw Cablesystems - Edmonton (West) - Digital (for T6J7B3) Cable Digital
channels 2-185

and:

Shaw Cablesystems - Edmonton (West) (for T6J7B3) Cable
channels 2-88

thx

david
Old 04-07-2004, 09:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

I have now released version 1.03 of the plugin. Please read the following points:

1) You MUST remove all the sources you have setup in SageTV then re-add them when installing this new version.
2) The plugin now generates better names for lineups which should eliminate most, if not all, the duplicate lineup names people have been seeing
3) All of the other problems that people have been having seem to be related to memory management problems in SageTV 2.x. I have managed to duplicate most of the problems that people have been seeing by downloading a large number of days for a large number of lineups. When I reduced the number of days then the system did not exhibit the problems. This seems inherent to 2.x because I do not observe these problems under 1.4.10 (I'm running 1.4.10 on my production machine). My feeling is that all of this is related to the memory management problems currently in SageTV 2.x which Frey are currently sorting out.
So, in short, if you are experiencing problems not covered by points 1 and 2 above, then do the following:
a) remove all sources that you have setup in SagetTV then shut down SageTV
b) modify the zap2itconfig/xml to download only 2 days
c) restart SageTV and then proceed to re-add your sources
d) let me know whether this solves the problem or if you are getting the same results as before.
If your problem is solved after this then it means that you will be limited to a small number of days downloaded until the next update of SageTV 2.x at which point I will retest the issue and dtetermine next steps.
If your problem is not solved report back here and I will look at the issue again.

Regards
Lester
Old 04-11-2004, 06:25 PM
Sage User

Just to clarify.

First run/ Rerun data is available through zap2it using the Data Direct service and this plugin for Canadian listing, however it is not displayed because of the some issue with more recent betas. Or, is it not available for Canadian listings period.
Old 04-11-2004, 07:09 PM
Sage Expert

Re: Just to clarify.

Quote:
Originally posted by dman
First run/ Rerun data is available through zap2it using the Data Direct service and this plugin for Canadian listing, however it is not displayed because of the some issue with more recent betas. Or, is it not available for Canadian listings period.
Are you asking, or telling?

If you're asking, yes, there's some problem with the latest betas preventing this info from displaying, since it works with earlier versions. I eagerly await some feedback from Frey on the subject, and I have no doubt that that feedback will be provided, if not a fix.
Old 04-11-2004, 08:32 PM
Sage User

Re: Re: Just to clarify.

Quote:
Originally posted by pawn
Are you asking, or telling?

If you're asking, yes, there's some problem with the latest betas preventing this info from displaying, since it works with earlier versions. I eagerly await some feedback from Frey on the subject, and I have no doubt that that feedback will be provided, if not a fix.
Sorry. you're right, that wasn't too clear. I'm aware of the problems with the beta versions (this thread). I was asking if the data for Canadian listing actually includes fr/rr data.
Old 04-12-2004, 12:25 PM
Sage Expert

Re: Re: Re: Just to clarify.

Quote:
Originally posted by dman
Sorry. you're right, that wasn't too clear. I'm aware of the problems with the beta versions (this thread). I was asking if the data for Canadian listing actually includes fr/rr data.
No probs. It must be in there somewhere, since other people in this thread claim firstrun/rerun status is properly set in earlier versions of SageTV (version 1.4.10 for example).

I just checked my data file, and there isn't a single rerun flag (assuming it's similar to XMLTV data, it would be listed as </previously-shown>). So either it's flagged differently than XMLTV (but the rest of data seems extremely similar), or there is a change in the way Sage is downloading the guide data between earlier versions and the latest betas.
Old 04-12-2004, 12:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

Re: Re: Re: Re: Just to clarify.

Quote:
Originally posted by pawn
[B...
I just checked my data file, and there isn't a single rerun flag (assuming it's similar to XMLTV data, it would be listed as </previously-shown>). So either it's flagged differently than XMLTV (but the rest of data seems extremely similar), or there is a change in the way Sage is downloading the guide data between earlier versions and the latest betas. [/B]
In the Zap2It Data Direct download file you need to look for instances of the 'repeat' attribute. 'repeat' = 'previously-shown' in the old xmltv data file. Reruns are listed with 'repeat' = 'true'. First runs simply omit the 'repeat' attribute.

Cheers
Lester
Old 04-12-2004, 04:10 PM
Sage Expert

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Just to clarify.

Quote:
Originally posted by Lester Jacobs
In the Zap2It Data Direct download file you need to look for instances of the 'repeat' attribute. 'repeat' = 'previously-shown' in the old xmltv data file. Reruns are listed with 'repeat' = 'true'. First runs simply omit the 'repeat' attribute.

Cheers
Lester
That's interesting. The repeat flag is indeed in there, but very rarely.

If Sage had changed something about the way it downloads the EPG, I would have expected to see no repeat flags at all. I sincerely hope this isn't just poor data for my provider.
Old 04-13-2004, 10:21 PM
Sage User

Interesting, now I'm really looking forward to the next beta release or final release of sage 2. Hopfully this proplem will be corrected.
Old 04-18-2004, 08:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

Just uploaded the latest plugin to the DigiCasa website. The most notable changes are:

1) New rerun logic handling has been added.
2) Foreign character sets are now displayed properly

As always, please completely remove then re-add all sources in SageTv when updating to a new plugin.

Regards
Lester
Old 04-18-2004, 08:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Super work Lester!
Old 05-09-2004, 05:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

The plugin has been updated again. See the DigiCasa website for details (the first post in this thread has the link).

The most notable change is that I've now added functionality which enables SageTV record multipart movies correctly.

Regards
Lester
Old 05-10-2004, 10:38 AM
Sage Aficionado

Nice! I'll have to try this out tonight. By the way, is there any way I can back up my selected channel lists so that I can overwrite them with the original settings at a later time? I have two different cable sources (digital cable and satellite) so it gets to be a pain to re-add all of the correct channels again *lol*. If there isn't, it's not a big deal.... I was just wondering if anyone knew if this was possible.

Thanks!
Server: AMD Phenom Quad-Core 2.3Ghz, 4GB RAM, ECS A780GM-A MB, 2x HD-PVRs (connected to DirecTV HD STBs using ethernet channel changing), 1x AverMedia A180, OS RAID-1 mirror - 2x250GB 7200rpm SATA, Media RAID-1 mirror - 2x1TB 7200rpm SATA, USB-UIRT (remote control)
Main Client: Sage STX-HD100 Media extender
Second Client: Athlon XP 4000+, 2GB MB PC3200 DDR, Asus A8N5X MB, 512MB PCI-E ATI HD Radeon 3650, 160 GB SATA - hardware mirrored
Old 05-16-2004, 09:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hi Lester,

I was trying to set my system up from a fresh install this morning, and I'm getting a "cannot contact sage server error". When I try the webservice URi in a browser with my username and pword, it also doesn't let me in. So I can't update any of my listings. I suspect it's a zap2it server problem, but just wanted to make sure. The URi I was trying with my username and password is:

http://datadirect.webservices.zap2it...gs/xtvdService

thx
Old 05-16-2004, 09:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

well now I'm not sure what it is. On Friday I upgraded to a different ISP, and although I can reach that address it might be the ISP - is there any logging that will help me figure this out? I'm on Direcway 2 way satellite. It's actually the same ISP I was on before it's just a newer style modem they use. HELP!!!!

UPDATE: I don't know, 9 out of 10 times it can't contact the server, yet it contacts fine and shows all the choices without the zap2it plugin defined in the properties file. Does anyone know what ports it relies on???

Last edited by davey_fl; 05-16-2004 at 12:07 PM.
Old 05-16-2004, 12:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Hi Lester,
... When I try the webservice URi in a browser with my username and pword, it also doesn't let me in. ...
thx
You can't login to the web service directly. It won't let you in even if you have the right username and password. The plugin has to make the request itself.

Lester
Old 05-16-2004, 12:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
...Does anyone know what ports it relies on???
The plugin uses port 80, which is the same port used to browse the web.. So if you can browse the web then the plugin should be working.

Cheers
Lester
Old 05-16-2004, 12:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

fair enough. But everytime I try it, it just returns within about 5-10 seconds and says it can't contact the sage server. I seemed to work once this morning and not since then, but I can surf no problem...