SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV Canada
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Canada SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from Canada - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in Canada.

Old 03-25-2004, 09:26 AM
SageTV Co-Founder

Thanks for the information guys, I appreciate it.
Old 03-25-2004, 11:07 AM
Sage Aficionado

yup .14 for me also
Old 03-25-2004, 12:30 PM
Sage Expert

Version 2.0.14, no firstrun/rerun data.

This is starting to sound promising....
Old 04-03-2004, 03:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

any word/idea yet on the missing firstrun/rerun flags? They're still missing for me in .15

thx!
Old 04-03-2004, 09:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally posted by davey_fl
any word/idea yet on the missing firstrun/rerun flags? They're still missing for me in .15

thx!
Waiting to hear back from Jeff on this. Looks like first run/rerun status is broken only under 2.0.15 and possibly 2.0.14. With 1.4.10 using the Zap2It plugin I get first run /rerun status being reported correctly.

So the plugin appears to be working, however something in 2.0.15 is ignoring the first run /rerun status being reported by it.

You might want to submit this as bug uisng the official Sage bug submission. Hearing from multiple users may help pinpoint the problem for Jeff.

Cheers
Lester
English Proverb. Collected in: George Herbert, Jacula Prudentum (1651).
Old 04-04-2004, 09:20 AM
Sage Aficionado

thanks lester will do.

david
Old 04-04-2004, 09:24 AM
Sage Aficionado

Lester, I wonder if you have seen this...

I am using 2.0.15 (but it was happening in earlier versions) and your plugin.

It seems that while setting up sources with the plugin, after I have added one or two, I get a message that SageTV cannot connect to internet. I go to look at the Sage log and I see Java errors that the file could not be opened (the errors stem from the plugin). It seems that perhaps the xml data file is still 'in use' when the plugin is going off to get another copy. Deleting the xml data file and the xml log file and restarting Sage take care of the problem.

The reason I have to go through this setup process is that is seems after a week or so, it stops getting data, and I have to go through the setup process again (removing all sources - and adding them back) to get things started.
Old 04-04-2004, 04:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally posted by mikbro
...It seems that while setting up sources with the plugin, after I have added one or two, I get a message that SageTV cannot connect to internet. I go to look at the Sage log and I see Java errors that the file could not be opened (the errors stem from the plugin). ...
Is it possible that you could PM me the parts of the log with the error? I haven't seen this problem on my system. At least not with 1.4.10 (which is the version that I run on my production box). I run 2.0.15 on my development box but I don't leave SageTV up and running constantly there.

What I have noticed with 2.0.15 though is that it seems to have memory leak problems. I can quite easily get it to give me Out of Memory errors in the Sage log file if I add/remove sources repeatedly. However I've never seen it give a problem reading the file. I don't appear to have these issues on 1.4.10. So it seems that 2.0.15 has changed the import plugin handling somehow. I have a question into Jeff on this but I haven't heard back from him. Hopefully he can shed soem light on the situation.

Can you duplicate this behaviour using XMLTV (with their new tv_grab_na_dd grabber which also uses Zap2It Data Direct)?

Regards
Lester
Old 04-04-2004, 05:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hi Guys,

Ran into a problem adding a second tuner today and need some advice. I have two PVR-250s, both using the same channel lineup from zap2it. The first tuner uses the USB-UIRT to change channels on the cable box, so I can get all my channels through that. The second tuner I restricted it to analog only and removed the channels from the lineup that it can't tune. The problem is, because I'm only using one EPG source, it removes those channels from the guide and I can no longer access them from the first tuner card. There must be some way around this one.... can anyone point me in the right direction?

thanks

david
Old 04-04-2004, 06:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

Just tried to reconcile the problem by adding a second analog only lineup to zap2it and re-added my second tuner thinking it would pick up that lineup. It didn't seem to make a difference. When I put in the zipcode 00000 and select zap2it, it doesn't give me a choice of lineups, it just downloads everything I presume. And when I modify the channels for one tuner, it affects the channels for both tuners. There must be a way to have two tuners and one source...

thx

david
Old 04-04-2004, 07:48 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Just tried to reconcile the problem by adding a second analog only lineup to zap2it and re-added my second tuner thinking it would pick up that lineup. It didn't seem to make a difference. When I put in the zipcode 00000 and select zap2it, it doesn't give me a choice of lineups, it just downloads everything I presume. And when I modify the channels for one tuner, it affects the channels for both tuners. There must be a way to have two tuners and one source...

thx

david

May be you can add a second epg source for the analog tuner. I.e., I can download seperate guide sources for analog and digital cable for my area.
Old 04-04-2004, 07:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

Yeah that is what I tried. But it didn't give me a choice of separate guide source under sage when I did the setup - did yours?

thx
Old 04-04-2004, 07:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

actually what you said just triggered a thought - I think I installed the first version of Lesters plug-in before it was modified to handle multiple sources. Since I didn't need more than one source at that time (only one card) I don't *think* I upgraded the plug-in so I'm off to try that now.

david
Old 04-04-2004, 08:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally posted by pawn
May be you can add a second epg source for the analog tuner. I.e., I can download seperate guide sources for analog and digital cable for my area.
Hey pawn,

A bit OT here but are you still having that problem where the plugin stops working after a few days? Looks like Mike has that problem currently.

Cheers
Lester
Old 04-05-2004, 07:15 AM
Sage Aficionado

yup that fixed it. I installed the newer plugin and got a choice of line-ups (although both named the exact same thing). I chose the second one and now both cards are working. Thanks guys!
Old 04-05-2004, 09:41 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
yup that fixed it. I installed the newer plugin and got a choice of line-ups (although both named the exact same thing). I chose the second one and now both cards are working. Thanks guys!
The fact that they both have the same name is an artifact of the data provided by Zap2It Data Direct. They looking at fixing this so that distinct lineups have unique names.

Cheers
Lester
Old 04-05-2004, 05:17 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally posted by Lester Jacobs
Hey pawn,

A bit OT here but are you still having that problem where the plugin stops working after a few days? Looks like Mike has that problem currently.

Cheers
Lester
Nope, not since I reported it the one time. Who knows, maybe it's something my wife did.
Old 04-05-2004, 10:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hi Lester,

I'm running into probelsm with my two tuners and one lineup. When I installed the new plugin this morning, went to zap2it and added an analog lineup as well as having my digital, then adding in my second tuner into sage, the zap2it returned two lineups, Shaw Cablesystems and Shaw Cablesystems. As indicated in the previous post the names were the same. However, this seemed to work for most of today, until around 5pm when all my channels for tuner #1, the tuner that could also tune digital, disappeared. I removed the card from Sage and went to add it back in, and under the zap2it lineups it still gave me the choice of the two lineups, Shaw Cablesystems and Shaw Cablesystems. However, no matter which one I try they are both analog. So I went back to zap2it to confirm that I hadn't somehow lost my digital lineup, which I hadn't. I decided to just get my first tuner (digital) lineup back so I removed the analog lineup from zap2it, went back to sage, removed both cards, powered down, and restarted sage. I then went into setup wizard to add in my original tuner card, and when zap2it returned the channel lineup it still gave me a choice of two lineups, Shaw Cablesystems and Shaw Cablesystems, both of which are now digital. I got the first card working, shut down sage, went back to zap2it and added in the analog lineup again. Restarted sage and went to add in my new tuner, and when zap2it returned the possible lineups, there are now 4 choices, all of which are ShawCablesytems, and all of them are digital. Any advice? Has anyone else experienced this?

thx

David
Old 04-05-2004, 10:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

I have seen a simliar situation, where my lineups appear duplicated. I have three lineups defined at zap2it, and there have been times when I have seen six on my screen (the 3 duplicated). The only way around it was to exit sage and delete my data xml file.

I believe that at one point I checked and the data file was twice the normal size, leading me to believe that the data (channels, programme data, and lineup data had bee physically duplicated).
Old 04-06-2004, 04:25 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
...Has anyone else experienced this?

thx

David
It sounds like a Data Direct problem as opposed to a problem in the plugin. If you PM me, I'll give you an address where you can send me the zap2itdata.xml file (zip it up first). That'll tell me if the problem is in there.

Also Zap2It is due to upgrade the Data Direct Service on April 12. This may eliminate these types of glitches.

Regards
Lester