SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV Canada
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Canada SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from Canada - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in Canada.

Old 03-13-2007, 11:48 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester Jacobs View Post
Yes it does take over the entire EPG functionality. There's no way (based on my current knowledge of the Sage EPG plugin architecture) to only do a partial takeover for some lineups whilst leaving other lineups with the standard EPG service.

Cheers
Lester
I had the same problem in that I needed the same source twice with different channels enabled. The best solution that I came up with was to use another EPG lineup from the same city (as close as possible to your lineup, but it doesn't really matter) and then manually edit the channel names and numbers to your liking. It is tedious, but once it is working it works perfectly.

Christian
Old 03-13-2007, 12:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheemer View Post
I'm trying to figure out a way I can have two of the same lineups from the same postal code. Can I use this plugin along with the stock epg somehow?

I tried, but it looks like this plugin takes over all the epg service...
All new versions of Sage from 5.x forward support this feature. The way you do it is:

- Setup any tuners you want to use with the Sage built in EPG.
- Stop Sage and open the Sage.properties file. Look for a line like this where ###### is the ID of EPG data source you just setup.

epg_data_sources/#######/disable_plugin=false

Set this line to true.

Now you can go ahead and install your xmltv plugin and add/setup the tuners you want to use XMLTV sourced EPGs. The only problem you may run in to is that if you have duplicate shows in both EPG's, you may end up recording them both since the may have different EPG ID's.
Old 04-09-2007, 02:09 PM
Sage User

Up until a week ago I was still using xmltv for my epg info. I wiped the computer and reinstalled Windows and Sage fresh and started using the integrated epg. 2 things I noticed were the integrated epg only looks forward 2 days instead of 13 days and there are a LOT of time slots in the epg that have no data. I would prefer to use the integrated epg if possible , is there a way to correct this?
Old 04-10-2007, 08:27 PM
Sage User

That's the default setting. You have to manually change it.

in: sage.properties

change scheduling_lookahead to

scheduling_lookahead=12096000000

That's 14 days
Old 04-11-2007, 12:17 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelboy View Post
That's the default setting. You have to manually change it.

in: sage.properties

change scheduling_lookahead to

scheduling_lookahead=12096000000

That's 14 days
that setting is for how many days of recordings get scheduled, not how many days of EPG data gets downloaded.

For Overclock, I'd say give it some time and see if the EPG gets more data downloaded over time. It is not instantious, and can sometimes take a while for everything to fill in.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:57 AM

No PPVu in french in my channel guide

I dont know why but i dint have the french PPV channel 154 to 179 in the guide. The PPV english channel 350 to 381 are there. I redone the config wizard for Canada and my postal code in Sagetv 6. What do i do wrong ?
I am connect on Hauppauge 150 on XP Pro and Coolsat 6000 and 5000, everything works well.
From Pierre in Quebec city.
Thanks.