SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV HD Theater - Media Player
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV HD Theater - Media Player Discussion related to using the SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player, i.e.: in use while not connected to a SageTV server. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to using a SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player should be posted here. Use the SageTV Media Extender forum for issues related to using it while connected to a SageTV server.

Old 03-07-2009, 06:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ok - I didn't even know you could telnet to the HD200... I've found the /tmp/sagetv_shares directory, where I can see the Samba shares of my network...

How do you see the contents of PlayOn via the command line?

Edit: Nevermind - Found it under /var/upnp/

Last edited by ptaylor; 03-07-2009 at 06:51 PM.
Old 03-08-2009, 02:50 PM
Sage User

Any hope in accessing the .m3u files?
Old 03-08-2009, 05:29 PM
Sage Fanatic

not sure why i read this thread because i am not trying to use netflix or playon but interestingly enough i may be having the same problem with ghost m3u files.

i'm trying to use a standalone hd200 with TVersity upnp server.
TVersity works perfectly with my other network media players (ziova cs615) but something funky
is going on with the hd200.............in a directory of TP video files, TVersity via hd200 lets me play the files that are small (< 1GB) but creates phantom m3u which can't be played for all the larger files (2-12GB)

sounds like we may be facing the same issue and it could be upnp/dnla related

my upnp thread:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40188
Old 03-09-2009, 05:20 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat6man View Post
not sure why i read this thread because i am not trying to use netflix or playon but interestingly enough i may be having the same problem with ghost m3u files.

i'm trying to use a standalone hd200 with TVersity upnp server.
TVersity works perfectly with my other network media players (ziova cs615) but something funky
is going on with the hd200.............in a directory of TP video files, TVersity via hd200 lets me play the files that are small (< 1GB) but creates phantom m3u which can't be played for all the larger files (2-12GB)

sounds like we may be facing the same issue and it could be upnp/dnla related

my upnp thread:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40188
Thank you! This is exactly the same problem with PlayOn. I have never seen a file larger than 2GB, they all show up as .m3u files which cannot even be accessed from the SageTV console.

I am wondering then if this is a deficiency with the way SageTV handles UPNP?
Old 03-09-2009, 11:02 AM
Sage Fanatic

a suggestion..........since playon is not supported and upnp is, perhaps you could download TVersity and help debug that problem, which could lead to solving this one also (if we're lucky).........followup in upnp thread if interested
Old 03-14-2009, 07:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

Working

Just want to say thanks to the folk at SageTV for the new HD200 Update.

My wife will think it wasn't that dumb getting this thing after all.

Installed Update and my queue (and other files) now showing and working in Netflix and Hulu via Playon.

Kids are watching 'Once Upon A Forest' on Hulu.

I started a quick test watch of 'Baby Geniuses ' on Netflix. Fine

Now while it does not have the bells and whistles of the other interfaces, it works. We can't fast forward/rew, only pause and play. If you stop the movie you have to start from the beginning again, but for now we can live with that. My wife or I can arrange our queues on the computer and pull them up on big screen downstairs.

I am sure refinements will follow.

Thanks
Crunch
Old 03-14-2009, 08:05 AM
SageTVaholic

You'll also find that all Amazon Video-on-demand videos work as well. with the latest firmware update.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

I can't play anything on Hulu anymore with the HD200. All of the shows are browsable, but when I go to play one I get the green bar and it sits there forever. PlayOn support said:

Quote:
The log files show the device requesting ranges of the file that do not exist...over and over and over again. Since the Sage is not an officially supported device, we don't know what would cause it to behave that way, unfortunately.
Unfortunate indeed. I have te latest 0316 firmware on the HD200 and PlayOn version 2.59.3359.3420.

It all was working great until I updated PlayOn I think. I am waiting to hear back from them to roll it back.
(1) KWorld 115 ATSC Tuner OTA
(1) HD200 HDMI to Samsung 50" Plasma
(1) MediaMVP to 19" in bedroom

SageTV 7.0.23 release
Old 03-22-2009, 10:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hulu is still working for me right now. HD200 with the latest beta firmware, and Playon Version 2.59.3359.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

I can't figure out what happened. I haven't made any changes to my network, router, firewall stuff, nothing. I even rolled back to the 1230 firmware on the HD-200 and an older version of Playon. And, I installed an older version of Playon on a fresh XP build and it still doesn't work. I can browse everything in Hulu via Playon but nothing plays. Other things play like CBS items and Youtube, just not Hulu. There must be some network issue or something somewhere. I can see the MPG files being created in the Playon temporary storage as zero byte files. Dang.
(1) KWorld 115 ATSC Tuner OTA
(1) HD200 HDMI to Samsung 50" Plasma
(1) MediaMVP to 19" in bedroom

SageTV 7.0.23 release
Old 06-23-2010, 01:24 PM
Sage User

Unable to play HuLu videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott2020 View Post
I can't figure out what happened. I haven't made any changes to my network, router, firewall stuff, nothing. I even rolled back to the 1230 firmware on the HD-200 and an older version of Playon. And, I installed an older version of Playon on a fresh XP build and it still doesn't work. I can browse everything in Hulu via Playon but nothing plays. Other things play like CBS items and Youtube, just not Hulu. There must be some network issue or something somewhere. I can see the MPG files being created in the Playon temporary storage as zero byte files. Dang.
I too have the same or at least a very similar issue. SageTV, PlayOn and the UPnP Browser plugin were working fine up to the point where I upgraded. Then the following happened. I could browse and Play native SageTV online video and I could browse PlayOn but when I tried to Play Videos that I browsed in PlayOn they "froze". It turns out the PlayOn "MediaMallServer.exe was consuming all my CPU time and I had to delete the process in order to get my CPU back.

Here's some of the things I tried: I ran SageTV HD200 as a media extender with the SageTV server and had the problem. I then ran the HD200 stand-alone as a media player and had the same problem. I ran SageTV on the server (my computer and not using the HD200) and had the same problem. At the suggestion of the PlayOn folks I ran XBMC on the same computer as the PlayOn Server and it worked fine. It just seems that SageTV will no longer work properly with PlayOn. It would seem that someone knowledgeable with either SageTV or PlayOn could look at the symptoms I described a come up with a possible cause. Scott2020, did you resolve your issue?